independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Love Takes Time vs. Vision of Love
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/17/20 3:40pm

alphastreet

Love Takes Time vs. Vision of Love

Which early Mariah single do you like better and why? I love both but prefer love takes time, it’s one of her best songs imo
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/17/20 4:56pm

looby

I love both as well, but I would say Love Takes Time wins out.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/17/20 7:49pm

Dalia11

I am a Mariah fan so I am fond of both/all her songs! 😃
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/18/20 5:43am

domainator2010

Like bro/sis, that's ancient history you're talking about right there - why don't you listen to some New songs??

[Edited 10/18/20 5:43am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/18/20 10:05am

alphastreet

domainator2010 said:

Like bro/sis, that's ancient history you're talking about right there - why don't you listen to some New songs??

[Edited 10/18/20 5:43am]



I like some current material too, right now I like blackpink, but I love listening to Mariah a lot as well
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/18/20 10:54am

looby

domainator2010 said:

Like bro/sis, that's ancient history you're talking about right there - why don't you listen to some New songs??

[Edited 10/18/20 5:43am]

Nothing wrong with liking the old songs, oldies are goodies. biggrin

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/18/20 5:22pm

alphastreet

looby said:



domainator2010 said:


Like bro/sis, that's ancient history you're talking about right there - why don't you listen to some New songs??


[Edited 10/18/20 5:43am]



Nothing wrong with liking the old songs, oldies are goodies. biggrin



They sure are!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/18/20 5:35pm

MickyDolenz

avatar

alphastreet said:

They sure are!

If you look at the first page of this section, around 98% of it is old music or about new music by artists that debuted before the year 2000. lol Pretty much when there's a thread about a newer music act, the "get off my lawn" people come in and trash it. razz

You can take a black guy to Nashville from right out of the cotton fields with bib overalls, and they will call him R&B. You can take a white guy in a pin-stripe suit who’s never seen a cotton field, and they will call him country. ~ O. B. McClinton
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/18/20 5:51pm

alphastreet

MickyDolenz said:



alphastreet said:


They sure are!

If you look at the first page of this section, around 98% of it is old music or about new music by artists that debuted before the year 2000. lol Pretty much when there's a thread about a newer music act, the "get off my lawn" people come in and trash it. razz



So true right? It’s like by default your music taste sucks if it’s not old school
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 10/19/20 6:34am

kitbradley

avatar

domainator2010 said:

Like bro/sis, that's ancient history you're talking about right there - why don't you listen to some New songs??

[Edited 10/18/20 5:43am]

Many people would say the exact same thing if you start talking to them about Prince music.

"It's not nice to fuck with K.B.! All you haters will see!" - Kitbradley
"The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing." - Socrates
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/19/20 6:37am

kitbradley

avatar

I like both songs but I was never as impressed by anything off of Mimi's debut album as I was by the songs on "Emotions". As far as Mariah singles, "Can't Let Go" will always be King for me.

"It's not nice to fuck with K.B.! All you haters will see!" - Kitbradley
"The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing." - Socrates
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 10/19/20 7:26am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Love, Thy Will Be Done.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 10/19/20 8:35am

MickyDolenz

avatar

alphastreet said:

So true right? It’s like by default your music taste sucks if it’s not old school

That is the right kind of old school. I don't think many here are that fond of the Tiger Beat magazine groups that JabarR74 makes threads about. razz I also remember somebody making a "Bryan Adams sucks" thread.

You can take a black guy to Nashville from right out of the cotton fields with bib overalls, and they will call him R&B. You can take a white guy in a pin-stripe suit who’s never seen a cotton field, and they will call him country. ~ O. B. McClinton
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 10/19/20 9:00am

alphastreet

kitbradley said:

I like both songs but I was never as impressed by anything off of Mimi's debut album as I was by the songs on "Emotions". As far as Mariah singles, "Can't Let Go" will always be King for me.



Can’t let go is my favourite Mariah single ever
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 10/19/20 2:54pm

IfItAintToy

alphastreet said:

kitbradley said:

I like both songs but I was never as impressed by anything off of Mimi's debut album as I was by the songs on "Emotions". As far as Mariah singles, "Can't Let Go" will always be King for me.

Can’t let go is my favourite Mariah single ever

In what position in Mariah singles on Billboard did it peak? Can't find the same for Toy's.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 10/19/20 3:25pm

alphastreet

IfItAintToy said:



alphastreet said:


kitbradley said:

I like both songs but I was never as impressed by anything off of Mimi's debut album as I was by the songs on "Emotions". As far as Mariah singles, "Can't Let Go" will always be King for me.



Can’t let go is my favourite Mariah single ever

In what position in Mariah singles on Billboard did it peak? Can't find the same for Toy's.



Can’t let go peaked at number 2 though it was very close to reaching the top spot. Did Latoya do a cover of it or something?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 10/19/20 4:52pm

slyjackson

Vision Of Love is the greater classic and the better song.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 10/20/20 9:40am

Cinny

avatar

They are darn close in my mind.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 10/20/20 10:06am

kitbradley

avatar

"Cant Let Go" peaked at #2 on both the Billboard Top 100 and Billboard R&B Singles charts. #1 on AC Singles Chart. It was kept out of the #1 spot on the Top 100 by Color Me Badd's "All For Love", which, for the life of me, I can't remember that song. Shows houw enduring it is. lol

"It's not nice to fuck with K.B.! All you haters will see!" - Kitbradley
"The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing." - Socrates
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 10/20/20 12:07pm

alphastreet

kitbradley said:

"Cant Let Go" peaked at #2 on both the Billboard Top 100 and Billboard R&B Singles charts. #1 on AC Singles Chart. It was kept out of the #1 spot on the Top 100 by Color Me Badd's "All For Love", which, for the life of me, I can't remember that song. Shows houw enduring it is. lol



It was also kept out of the top spot cause the single was pulled last minute in order for album sales to go up
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 10/20/20 12:08pm

Cinny

avatar

kitbradley said:

"Cant Let Go" peaked at #2 on both the Billboard Top 100 and Billboard R&B Singles charts. #1 on AC Singles Chart. It was kept out of the #1 spot on the Top 100 by Color Me Badd's "All For Love", which, for the life of me, I can't remember that song. Shows houw enduring it is. lol


Oh no, "All 4 Love" is a JAM.. produced by Hitman Howie Tee. dancing jig

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 10/20/20 7:31pm

wilmer

alphastreet said:

Which early Mariah single do you like better and why? I love both but prefer love takes time, it’s one of her best songs imo


I love 90's Mariah and most of the albums from that era. If I have to choose between two songs, I would say Vision of Love, hands down. I heard Christina Aguilera say that this particular song inspired her. It's a great song. Can't let go is another one of my favorites.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 10/20/20 8:27pm

alphastreet

wilmer said:

alphastreet said:

Which early Mariah single do you like better and why? I love both but prefer love takes time, it’s one of her best songs imo


I love 90's Mariah and most of the albums from that era. If I have to choose between two songs, I would say Vision of Love, hands down. I heard Christina Aguilera say that this particular song inspired her. It's a great song. Can't let go is another one of my favorites.


Also heard Christina was inspired by it, I totally hear it in the vocal run towards the end of the song
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 10/21/20 2:14pm

slyjackson

wilmer said:

alphastreet said:
Which early Mariah single do you like better and why? I love both but prefer love takes time, it’s one of her best songs imo
I love 90's Mariah and most of the albums from that era. If I have to choose between two songs, I would say Vision of Love, hands down. I heard Christina Aguilera say that this particular song inspired her. It's a great song. Can't let go is another one of my favorites.

Can't Let Go is sublime even better than Vision.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 10/22/20 11:07am

paisleypark4

avatar

Vision of Love.

Took me many years to get into Love Takes Time. It also was hastily added on to the album as it was not on the first couple releases and only on CD.
Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 10/24/20 7:29pm

alphastreet

paisleypark4 said:

Vision of Love.

Took me many years to get into Love Takes Time. It also was hastily added on to the album as it was not on the first couple releases and only on CD.


Yes, it was recorded last minute for the album cause tommy motolla loved it
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 10/27/20 7:20am

Tontoman22

Vision of Love, Still don't care for Love Takes Times.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 10/31/20 1:23am

robertgeorge

avatar

Vision of Love

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Love Takes Time vs. Vision of Love