independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 14th Oct 2019 6:55pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > NEW FUNK from TUXEDO/MAYER HAWTHORNE
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/14/19 7:55am

EmmaMcG

avatar

NEW FUNK from TUXEDO/MAYER HAWTHORNE

More classic T-Funk from Mayer and Jake One.

https://m.youtube.com/wat...Va0N5QE0Hc
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/14/19 10:05am

SoulAlive

Nice! Looking forward to their new album.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/14/19 12:58pm

SoulAlive

Image result for Tuxedo the tuxedo way

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/14/19 1:00pm

SoulAlive

The Tuxedo Way

Dem Tuxedo Boyz are back with a brand new track! I’ll toast to that! We started Tuxedo because the music just made us happy, and to see y’all still riding with us years later is the greatest reward. We can’t thank you enough.

Every time we drop a new song it’s like releasing a child into the world and we are like proud dads. Oh yeah - stay tuned for new solo music as well... let’s just say I’m gonna be making a lot of babies this year wink

Love,
Mayer

Tuxedo Tour

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/14/19 2:23pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

Not that I know this for a fact, but word around the campfire is that "Tuxedo III" will be released around the end of June/early July and Mayer's next solo album will be out around September/October. So, if this is true, then this year will see me buying 4 albums, (Tuxedo, Mayer, Prince and Springsteen). I genuinely can't remember the last time I bought 4 albums in one year.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/14/19 2:29pm

SoulAlive

EmmaMcG said:

Not that I know this for a fact, but word around the campfire is that "Tuxedo III" will be released around the end of June/early July

just what I need for the summer: some new Tuxedo funk smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/14/19 2:30pm

SoulAlive

EmmaMcG said:

Mayer's next solo album will be out around September/October.

I'm wondering what direction he will go in.I still think his debut album,A Strange Arrangement,is his finest work.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/14/19 2:35pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

SoulAlive said:



EmmaMcG said:


Mayer's next solo album will be out around September/October.


I'm wondering what direction he will go in.I still think his debut album,A Strange Arrangement,is his finest work.



I'd say the EP, "Party Of One", will be representative of his next solo album.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/14/19 2:39pm

SoulAlive

EmmaMcG said:

SoulAlive said:

I'm wondering what direction he will go in.I still think his debut album,A Strange Arrangement,is his finest work.

I'd say the EP, "Party Of One", will be representative of his next solo album.

thumbs up! I hope so.I really like the song "A New Love".

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/14/19 3:12pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

SoulAlive said:



EmmaMcG said:


SoulAlive said:



I'm wondering what direction he will go in.I still think his debut album,A Strange Arrangement,is his finest work.



I'd say the EP, "Party Of One", will be representative of his next solo album.


thumbs up! I hope so.I really like the song "A New Love".



Yeah me too. "Someone Like You" is probably my favourite song on that EP though.

Do you ever listen to much of Gavin Turek's stuff? She's pretty good in her own right.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/14/19 3:32pm

SoulAlive

EmmaMcG said:

SoulAlive said:



EmmaMcG said:


SoulAlive said:



I'm wondering what direction he will go in.I still think his debut album,A Strange Arrangement,is his finest work.



I'd say the EP, "Party Of One", will be representative of his next solo album.


thumbs up! I hope so.I really like the song "A New Love".



Yeah me too. "Someone Like You" is probably my favourite song on that EP though.

Do you ever listen to much of Gavin Turek's stuff? She's pretty good in her own right.



Never heard of her.I’ll check it out.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/14/19 11:57pm

Dancelot

avatar

SoulAlive said:

Image result for Tuxedo the tuxedo way

yes!! I stumbled over this on Spotify just yesterday. again it's just luverly! can't wait for the album

Vanglorious... this is protected by the red, the black, and the green. With a key... sissy!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/15/19 12:09am

Dancelot

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

I genuinely can't remember the last time I bought 4 albums in one year.

me neither. I guess it must have been in the late 70s when I was 12 or 13 or something? biggrin

after that it was in hundreds of albums or CDs for several decades.

nowadays it's still double digits. but sure it's mostly re-releases and nowhere near the numbers from the past

I used to have dozens of artists on my safe list, meaning I automatically bought every new release before hearing it. today not that many acts remain on that list. Mayer & Tuxedo are two of them

Vanglorious... this is protected by the red, the black, and the green. With a key... sissy!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/15/19 12:28am

Dancelot

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

SoulAlive said:

I'm wondering what direction he will go in.I still think his debut album,A Strange Arrangement,is his finest work.

I'd say the EP, "Party Of One", will be representative of his next solo album.

this is sooo great. and I'm still missing the physical release, dammit

I had a few words with Mayer when he was signing CDs after a concert. it was about the time when the EP dropped and he didn't know yet if there would be a physical release at all. and now the 12 inch is sold out and goes for 40+ Euro second hand... no thanks confused

Vanglorious... this is protected by the red, the black, and the green. With a key... sissy!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/15/19 12:50am

EmmaMcG

avatar

SoulAlive said:

EmmaMcG said:



Yeah me too. "Someone Like You" is probably my favourite song on that EP though.

Do you ever listen to much of Gavin Turek's stuff? She's pretty good in her own right.



Never heard of her.I’ll check it out.


She's the female voice on a lot of Tuxedo songs.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/15/19 1:14am

SoulAlive

EmmaMcG said:

SoulAlive said:
Never heard of her.I’ll check it out.
She's the female voice on a lot of Tuxedo songs.

Oh,she's the lady in the group with the black hair? I didn't know she made her own recordings.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/15/19 5:18am

EmmaMcG

avatar

SoulAlive said:



EmmaMcG said:


SoulAlive said:
Never heard of her.I’ll check it out.

She's the female voice on a lot of Tuxedo songs.


Oh,she's the lady in the group with the black hair? I didn't know she made her own recordings.



Yeah she's pretty good too. She recently released a song called "Whitney" which was really good.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/15/19 12:27pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

This is good stuff! I wish they were coming to Houston.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 05/15/19 2:06pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

cool Really enjoyed seeing them live.

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 05/17/19 5:15am

RJOrion

cant wait
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 05/17/19 10:48pm

SoulAlive

Tuxedo’s music is fun and funky....their songs take you back to early 80s funk/R&B.Looking forward to some more of that excellent retro-funk! I’m pretty sure that this new album will include that slammin’ collaboration with Zapp,”Shy”.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 05/18/19 12:27am

EmmaMcG

avatar

SoulAlive said:

Tuxedo’s music is fun and funky....their songs take you back to early 80s funk/R&B.Looking forward to some more of that excellent retro-funk! I’m pretty sure that this new album will include that slammin’ collaboration with Zapp,”Shy”.


Shy was on Zapp's latest album. I don't think it will be on Tuxedo's too.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 05/18/19 1:08am

SoulAlive

EmmaMcG said:

SoulAlive said:
Tuxedo’s music is fun and funky....their songs take you back to early 80s funk/R&B.Looking forward to some more of that excellent retro-funk! I’m pretty sure that this new album will include that slammin’ collaboration with Zapp,”Shy”.
Shy was on Zapp's latest album. I don't think it will be on Tuxedo's too.

it would be a shame if Tuxedo didn't include it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 05/18/19 5:15am

EmmaMcG

avatar

SoulAlive said:



EmmaMcG said:


SoulAlive said:
Tuxedo’s music is fun and funky....their songs take you back to early 80s funk/R&B.Looking forward to some more of that excellent retro-funk! I’m pretty sure that this new album will include that slammin’ collaboration with Zapp,”Shy”.

Shy was on Zapp's latest album. I don't think it will be on Tuxedo's too.


it would be a shame if Tuxedo didn't include it.



I agree but at the same time, I kind of hope it's not just in case it takes the spot of another song, one we haven't heard yet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 05/19/19 11:22am

SoulAlive

^^ good point smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 05/19/19 11:22am

EmmaMcG

avatar

SoulAlive said:



EmmaMcG said:


Not that I know this for a fact, but word around the campfire is that "Tuxedo III" will be released around the end of June/early July


just what I need for the summer: some new Tuxedo funk smile



Actually, I may have jumped the gun on that. Tuxedo III might not be out until August now, depending on "circumstances". But still, not long to wait anyway. But I wonder if Mayer will delay his solo album to account for the (possible) delay to Tux III. He probably should just release both together, like LOTUSFLOW3R/MPLSOUND. Now, I'd definitely toast to that.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 05/20/19 2:00pm

SoulAlive

EmmaMcG said:

SoulAlive said:

just what I need for the summer: some new Tuxedo funk smile

Actually, I may have jumped the gun on that. Tuxedo III might not be out until August now, depending on "circumstances". But still, not long to wait anyway. But I wonder if Mayer will delay his solo album to account for the (possible) delay to Tux III. He probably should just release both together, like LOTUSFLOW3R/MPLSOUND. Now, I'd definitely toast to that.

How did you like Mayer's last album,Man On The Town? I tried to get into it,but it didn't impress me as much as the previous albums did.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 05/20/19 3:17pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

SoulAlive said:



EmmaMcG said:


SoulAlive said:



just what I need for the summer: some new Tuxedo funk smile



Actually, I may have jumped the gun on that. Tuxedo III might not be out until August now, depending on "circumstances". But still, not long to wait anyway. But I wonder if Mayer will delay his solo album to account for the (possible) delay to Tux III. He probably should just release both together, like LOTUSFLOW3R/MPLSOUND. Now, I'd definitely toast to that.



How did you like Mayer's last album,Man On The Town? I tried to get into it,but it didn't impress me as much as the previous albums did.



I really liked it. Cosmic Love, Lingerie & Candlewax, Breakfast in Bed, The Valley and Love Like That rank among my favourite Mayer songs. The first time I met him was around the time the album came out and I asked him to play a new song for me because it was nearly my birthday and he played Love Like That. So, perhaps I'm a bit biased when it comes to that album.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 05/21/19 12:31pm

Cinny

avatar

Thanks for the post! I heard about the tour but not the new music.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 05/23/19 12:23am

Dancelot

avatar

SoulAlive said:

EmmaMcG said:

SoulAlive said: Actually, I may have jumped the gun on that. Tuxedo III might not be out until August now, depending on "circumstances". But still, not long to wait anyway. But I wonder if Mayer will delay his solo album to account for the (possible) delay to Tux III. He probably should just release both together, like LOTUSFLOW3R/MPLSOUND. Now, I'd definitely toast to that.

How did you like Mayer's last album,Man On The Town? I tried to get into it,but it didn't impress me as much as the previous albums did.

I played the hell out of it when it came out, plenty great songs, The Valley being my absolute fave

it's actually hard to say which is my fave album at this point

his debut was and still is is impressive, sure, but some of the vocals sound a bit... edgy looking back from now. he hasn't got the greatest voice on the planet to work with, but his singing technique improved a lot since then


Vanglorious... this is protected by the red, the black, and the green. With a key... sissy!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > NEW FUNK from TUXEDO/MAYER HAWTHORNE