independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Witness #2 Thursday?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/10/20 10:11am

JAYJOE

Witness #2 Thursday?

With the release of the singles set on Friday 14th do you think it's safe to suggest that we will get a digital release mid-day Thursday (US)?

he might have better luck if he was drummin with his Dick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/10/20 10:19am

JAYJOE

To add more fuel to the fire, The boot version that has been on YOUTUBE for ages has now been removed.... Exact same thing happened to the Cosmic Day boot a few days before it's release

[Edited 8/10/20 10:31am]

he might have better luck if he was drummin with his Dick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/10/20 10:21am

lustmealways

avatar

i wasn't convinced they were gonna release another vault track so quickly after cosmic day, but if the youtube video got pulled then it may be a pretty safe bet

this is one of my most anticipated vault tracks and the best version of witness far and away. love love love this version.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/10/20 10:29am

JAYJOE

Totally agree, this version is far superior in my view!!!!

[Edited 8/10/20 10:30am]

he might have better luck if he was drummin with his Dick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/10/20 11:00am

OperatingTheta
n

Yeah, this is the version I'm really excited about. Particularly in perfect quality.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/10/20 11:15am

Dandroppedadim
e

Yeah I dig it too, it reminds me of Me Touch Myself for some reason, maybe it’s the sparse drum machine/arrangement and frankly strange lyrics on both tracks!
[Edited 8/10/20 11:15am]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/10/20 11:47am

steakfinger

Dandroppedadime said:

Yeah I dig it too, it reminds me of Me Touch Myself for some reason, maybe it’s the sparse drum machine/arrangement and frankly strange lyrics on both tracks! [Edited 8/10/20 11:15am]

Every time I hear the title "Me Touch Myself" I can only think of Cookie Monster entering puberty.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/10/20 12:42pm

TrevorAyer

steakfinger said:

Dandroppedadime said:

Yeah I dig it too, it reminds me of Me Touch Myself for some reason, maybe it’s the sparse drum machine/arrangement and frankly strange lyrics on both tracks! [Edited 8/10/20 11:15am]

Every time I hear the title "Me Touch Myself" I can only think of Cookie Monster entering puberty.

bwahaha .. teen cookie prolly listened to limp bizkit nonstop

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/10/20 1:51pm

Ramzoo

avatar

Yes, it looks like it will B the next single. Track duration : 5'02.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/10/20 11:03pm

Transformed1

The track time has shown up on both Amazon and iTunes which is a strong indicator.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/11/20 2:09am

Ramzoo

avatar

Transformed1 said:

The track time has shown up on both Amazon and iTunes which is a strong indicator.


I just noticed yesterday that full track duration of the forthcoming album is detailed.
http://www.princevault.co...mes_Deluxe
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/11/20 8:22am

Romeoblu

Ramzoo said:

Transformed1 said:

The track time has shown up on both Amazon and iTunes which is a strong indicator.


I just noticed yesterday that full track duration of the forthcoming album is detailed.
http://www.princevault.co...mes_Deluxe


They have been on Qobuz since the official announcement.

They also have tracks details.

On first release Clare Fischer was credited for orchestra on Cosmic Day. That credit has now been removed.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/11/20 12:36pm

ThirdStrike

avatar

lustmealways said:

i wasn't convinced they were gonna release another vault track so quickly after cosmic day, but if the youtube video got pulled then it may be a pretty safe bet

this is one of my most anticipated vault tracks and the best version of witness far and away. love love love this version.

Yeah, but they almost have to...don't they? I mean, when the singles set gets delivered, someone is bound to rip a digital copy from that vinyl. Then it'll be out anyway. At least by releasing it themselves, the estate can benefit.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 08/12/20 3:10am

slyjackson

I don't get why release that song, don't get why do you find so interesting that song.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 08/12/20 9:39pm

mbdtyler

I admittedly have never heard this track in its entirety, I'm excited that my first full playthrough will be in better quality
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 08/13/20 8:04am

sauko

Version 2 is streaming now. It’s not what I expected after having only heard Version 1.

https://music.apple.com/a...1520460302
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 08/13/20 8:20am

Romeoblu

Great to hear this song in perfect quality after all these years.

I'm loving this set so far.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 08/13/20 8:27am

Poplife88

avatar

Love this. I like Version 1 better, but this is cool too.

I have a very old boot of this version that I haven't listened to in a very long time. I'm almost positive the vocals were Camille and it was faster or am I making things up here.

We're gonna need a bigger boat
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 08/13/20 8:39am

SchlomoThaHomo

avatar

Poplife88 said:

Love this. I like Version 1 better, but this is cool too.



I have a very old boot of this version that I haven't listened to in a very long time. I'm almost positive the vocals were Camille and it was faster or am I making things up here.



Yea it’s a tape speed issue with the boot. This is how it’s supposed to sound. Crazy to be able to listen to it without the tape hiss.
[Edited 8/13/20 9:05am]
"That's when stars collide. When there's space for what u want, and ur heart is open wide."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 08/13/20 1:29pm

Ramzoo

avatar

JAYJOE said:

With the release of the singles set on Friday 14th do you think it's safe to suggest that we will get a digital release mid-day Thursday (US)?



So U were right ! Thanks again for the thread.
So happy 2 get at last the version in pristine quality.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 08/13/20 2:16pm

SoulAlive

Nice! I like this version better than the other one headbang

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 08/13/20 9:47pm

slyjackson

SoulAlive said:

Nice! I like this version better than the other one headbang

Me too, although admittedly the first version is catchier than this one.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Witness #2 Thursday?