independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Sinead O Connor at it again - UK breakfast TV - P broke a females ribs..
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #150 posted 09/18/19 1:15pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

The Sinead O'Connor Prince Fist Fight Story (Reaction)


https://www.youtube.com/w...WZ-Qo8U3lw

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #151 posted 09/18/19 1:19pm

leadline

avatar

endiadj said:

So, EVERY time this woman pops off about this issue, pages and pages of posts will be dedicated to this stuff giving it life? How many times have we done this already? How many more times will we do this in the future?


Unfortunately it will happen every time. With the addiction to all things social media, it is folks autonomous reactions now to share anything and everything they think, say, do or feel with the world. The thought of not sharing what you ate, what you are watching, etc, with a million complete strangers is just a foreign concept at this point. That mentality translates over to boards like this as well, as this thread proves.

I am proud of the estate for not reacting to this, and giving it more fuel, because that is exactly what this thread and social media have done with it.

No offense to any poster here, we are all victims of this system, and some are more aware of the part they play than others.



[Edited 9/18/19 13:57pm]

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #152 posted 09/18/19 1:50pm

onlyforaminute

luv4u said:

The Sinead O'Connor Prince Fist Fight Story (Reaction)



https://www.youtube.com/w...WZ-Qo8U3lw




Well no mention of lasers or levitation but ok Im definitely with i don't care if they argued and didn't like each other, big whoop. It would've been nice if they did but they didn't. Shame on those who keep trying to ride this dead azzed horse.
If you carry the egg basket do not dance.

Do good, then throw it into the sea.

#octavia tried to tell us
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #153 posted 09/18/19 2:43pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

luv4u said:

The Sinead O'Connor Prince Fist Fight Story (Reaction)


https://www.youtube.com/w...WZ-Qo8U3lw

Well no mention of lasers or levitation but ok Im definitely with i don't care if they argued and didn't like each other, big whoop. It would've been nice if they did but they didn't. Shame on those who keep trying to ride this dead azzed horse.

Still can't believe the amount of attention this has received... Nothing new. razz

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #154 posted 09/18/19 4:05pm

JoeyC

avatar

Some parts of this thread disbelief wacky The world really is full of C's(not what you might think). peace

Rest in Peace Bettie Boo. See u soon.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #155 posted 09/18/19 4:06pm

JoeyC

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

onlyforaminute said:

luv4u said: Well no mention of lasers or levitation but ok Im definitely with i don't care if they argued and didn't like each other, big whoop. It would've been nice if they did but they didn't. Shame on those who keep trying to ride this dead azzed horse.

Still can't believe the amount of attention this has received... Nothing new. razz

Exactly !!

Rest in Peace Bettie Boo. See u soon.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #156 posted 09/18/19 5:47pm

minnesoundlvr

VaultCurator said:

dodger said:

This new version brings a new meaning to The Other Side Of The Pillow

.

Firstly to dodger... worship

.

Secondly, if Prince ever hospitalised a band mate with broken ribs then he was obviously fucking her at the time.

.

Jog on nutcase.

I just started on this thread, but this comment just HAS to take the prize!!! I'm trying to picture P and a band mate engaged in energetic sex and accidentally cracking her rib while in the act. giggle

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #157 posted 09/18/19 6:45pm

Mumio

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

Resolution said:

VaultCurator said: Way 2 go Mayte - eyeloveu 👍



This TMZ post is from 2018.



This is being posted everywhere. You'd think people would at the very least notice how out of date the article is.

I won't address the other elephant in the room wink Not this time anyway lol

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #158 posted 09/18/19 6:50pm

violetcrush

PennyPurple said:



machinegun said:


I have to say, she's entitled to talk about events in her direct relationship with Prince as she lived through that and was specifically asked, but I take issue with multiple aspects..


  1. It's quite twisted to dump on someone on a major national TV channel moments after you've sang their song that made your career. Either don't sing the song anymore or keep your nasty stories to yourself - can't have it both ways. Have some dignity! You could say that it was not a good meeting and leave it at that.

  2. Additional comments about multiple other women being beaten? Hmmm, Prince had a close to 40 year career, had many female partners, friends, protogees, band members and employees, and has been dead for a few years now. No one has come forward and said a bad word about him. In fact, quite the opposite, . For Sinead to make these wild accusations that other women were beaten especially without Prince to dend himself - again, that just seems self-serving and frankly, c'mon you've just sang his song - show some dignity! Where's the evidence for that? Leave that to others to speak if it's true.

  3. Whilst she's not a one hit wonder, Nothing compares to you is really the only song that the vast majority of the public would have any idea of. I loved Sinead before all that - I thought The Lion and the Cobra was an amazing album and I played it over and over for years. I was thrilled when she sang Nothing Compares 2 U that I was already well familair with from The Family. This song has made her career, admittedly she took it to new levels, but she is certainly NOT singing it better than in 1990. She doesn't go anywhere near the highs she did before, she's an octave lower. She survives on this song alone, but as sung in 1990. So I don't know what the fuss was about the performance that Piers Brosnan made before and afterwards was about.


Hold up. Jill has in the past mentioned something about a broken wrist and implied it had to do something with Prince.



We do know that Sinead and Prince did have words and Sinead has said that he was chasing her around Paisley Park, if I remember correctly.



Prince was not known to beat ladies though.


Problem is that originally Sinead stated he chased her around Paisley Park. Now, her statement is that he chased her outside of his LA rental and then found her on again on the highway?? Completely different scenarios.
*
During an interview a year or so ago she stated he put Wendy in the hospital with broken ribs. However, Wendy was not in Prince’s band the year that Sinead released Prince’s song in 1990, which is when she would have met him. So, unless she and Wendy were close friends - and I don’t think they were - it is unlikely that she would have known about any serious fight Prince had with Wendy. I also don’t think Wendy would have remained friendly with Prince through the years had he physically hurt her.
*
That being said, I can totally see Prince telling Sinead she shouldn’t curse in interviews, and her telling him to f@&k off. I imagine he would not react well to that response. Her detail of Prince putting something heavy in a pillow case to swing at her is new as well, and seems quite far-fetched. I think something happened, but the details are sketchy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #159 posted 09/18/19 7:05pm

SoulAlive

“His problem is that I did a song of his (“Nothing Compares 2 U”) without him being involved.He’s jealous”,O’Connor says,adding “I think that,frankly,that song saved his fucking ass.He was in serious financial trouble until that song happened”.

confused She has such a nasty,foul mouth
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #160 posted 09/18/19 7:50pm

violetcrush

SoulAlive said:

“His problem is that I did a song of his (“Nothing Compares 2 U”) without him being involved.He’s jealous”,O’Connor says,adding “I think that,frankly,that song saved his fucking ass.He was in serious financial trouble until that song happened”.

confused She has such a nasty,foul mouth

Well, Prince did list her on his thank you’s on the D&P album, which I would imagine was due to the money he made off of her cover. confused
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #161 posted 09/18/19 8:19pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

SoulAlive said:

“His problem is that I did a song of his (“Nothing Compares 2 U”) without him being involved.He’s jealous”,O’Connor says,adding “I think that,frankly,that song saved his fucking ass.He was in serious financial trouble until that song happened”. confused She has such a nasty,foul mouth

Well, that's what Emma said...

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #162 posted 09/18/19 8:38pm

SoulAlive

violetcrush said:

SoulAlive said:

“His problem is that I did a song of his (“Nothing Compares 2 U”) without him being involved.He’s jealous”,O’Connor says,adding “I think that,frankly,that song saved his fucking ass.He was in serious financial trouble until that song happened”.

confused She has such a nasty,foul mouth

Well, Prince did list her on his thank you’s on the D&P album, which I would imagine was due to the money he made off of her cover. confused


True,but she has a lot of nerve suggesting that she “saved” him from bankruptcy
biggrin a year before,he had a massive album with ‘Batman’.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #163 posted 09/19/19 4:30am

machinegun

avatar

SoulAlive said:

violetcrush said:
Well, Prince did list her on his thank you’s on the D&P album, which I would imagine was due to the money he made off of her cover. confused
True,but she has a lot of nerve suggesting that she “saved” him from bankruptcy biggrin a year before,he had a massive album with ‘Batman’.

whilst her singing the song undoubtedly helped Prince commerically, he would have still been just fine without it long term. I don't think his career and legacy would have been much different today and I would hazard a guess that even though it's a liked song, it's by far not the favourite of many Prince fans.

Now, as for Sinead, that one song put on and kept her on the map. Yes she had some other great songs but this one changed everything for her. Without it she would have disappeared into obscurity long ago and would have had a very different financial and professional destiny. She's compelled to sing it because when she doesn't people don't care. I recall her on the Andrew Marr show a few years ago (not hosted by Andrew at that period due to his illness), she sang a new song and the interview was a disaster and the song meant nothing to anyone. This brings me back to my original point, how does someone keep singing a song to progress their career and then immediately dump on the writer afterwards....It's like constantly seeing someone you really don't like because you get something out of it but then go around talking shit about them in public.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #164 posted 09/19/19 5:07am

violetcrush

machinegun said:



SoulAlive said:


violetcrush said:
Well, Prince did list her on his thank you’s on the D&P album, which I would imagine was due to the money he made off of her cover. confused

True,but she has a lot of nerve suggesting that she “saved” him from bankruptcy biggrin a year before,he had a massive album with ‘Batman’.



whilst her singing the song undoubtedly helped Prince commerically, he would have still been just fine without it long term. I don't think his career and legacy would have been much different today and I would hazard a guess that even though it's a liked song, it's by far not the favourite of many Prince fans.


Now, as for Sinead, that one song put on and kept her on the map. Yes she had some other great songs but this one changed everything for her. Without it she would have disappeared into obscurity long ago and would have had a very different financial and professional destiny. She's compelled to sing it because when she doesn't people don't care. I recall her on the Andrew Marr show a few years ago (not hosted by Andrew at that period due to his illness), she sang a new song and the interview was a disaster and the song meant nothing to anyone. This brings me back to my original point, how does someone keep singing a song to progress their career and then immediately dump on the writer afterwards....It's like constantly seeing someone you really don't like because you get something out of it but then go around talking shit about them in public.


Actually, I was a teen in the late 80’s when Sinead was first coming up and gaining popularity. Her songs Mandinka as The Emperor’s New Clothes were quite well known among alt music fans. Yes, no question her cover of NC2U brought her into the Top 40 mainstream - before that she was only being played on my college alternative station.
*
I think Sinead’s main issue with staying popular was her outspoken criticism of the Catholic Church and political issues. I’m sure everyone remembers when she ripped up a picture of The Pope on SNL. We now know about the serious corruption, but back then it was still well hidden. She got a TON of flack for that, and it really hurt her career. While she made a nice chunk of money and gained popularity with NC2U I don’t think she really liked the fame. Prince said the same thing about Purple Rain - that it would always be “the albatross” around his neck - of course, he also liked the fame and attention, but not the constant comparison to that time period.
*
Prince did not like her version of the song. He “took it back” in a sense when he started playing it on The Nude tour and onward. Her cover of the song did not affect his career, but it no doubt helped him pay some big bills.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #165 posted 09/19/19 6:40am

EmmaMcG

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:



SoulAlive said:


“His problem is that I did a song of his (“Nothing Compares 2 U”) without him being involved.He’s jealous”,O’Connor says,adding “I think that,frankly,that song saved his fucking ass.He was in serious financial trouble until that song happened”. confused She has such a nasty,foul mouth

Well, that's what Emma said...



I also have a nasty, foul mouth!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #166 posted 09/19/19 8:08am

SoulAlive

machinegun said:



SoulAlive said:


violetcrush said:
Well, Prince did list her on his thank you’s on the D&P album, which I would imagine was due to the money he made off of her cover. confused

True,but she has a lot of nerve suggesting that she “saved” him from bankruptcy biggrin a year before,he had a massive album with ‘Batman’.



whilst her singing the song undoubtedly helped Prince commerically, he would have still been just fine without it long term. I don't think his career and legacy would have been much different today and I would hazard a guess that even though it's a liked song, it's by far not the favourite of many Prince fans.


Now, as for Sinead, that one song put on and kept her on the map. Yes she had some other great songs but this one changed everything for her. Without it she would have disappeared into obscurity long ago and would have had a very different financial and professional destiny. She's compelled to sing it because when she doesn't people don't care. I recall her on the Andrew Marr show a few years ago (not hosted by Andrew at that period due to his illness), she sang a new song and the interview was a disaster and the song meant nothing to anyone. This brings me back to my original point, how does someone keep singing a song to progress their career and then immediately dump on the writer afterwards....It's like constantly seeing someone you really don't like because you get something out of it but then go around talking shit about them in public.




Well-said.I think it bothers her that her only big hit song is a Prince song.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #167 posted 09/19/19 9:15am

mano

avatar

antonb said:

It's not good pr to be accused of beating women. I think the estate do need to address it. Because mud sticks, especially in this day and age of social media. They need to get a couple of stories out of people he worked with him denying it. He worked with enough women.

^ This

"I know I hold you too tight, but I just can't seem to get close enough." prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #168 posted 09/19/19 9:17am

violetcrush

SoulAlive said:

violetcrush said:


Well, Prince did list her on his thank you’s on the D&P album, which I would imagine was due to the money he made off of her cover. confused


True,but she has a lot of nerve suggesting that she “saved” him from bankruptcy
biggrin a year before,he had a massive album with ‘Batman’.

Yes, no doubt he was far from bankruptcy but he did have huge overhead expenses with PP. I believe I read a quote from either Alan Leeds or another of his Managers who said he was “hemorrhaging” money by the early 90’s. Much more going out than coming in. By 1995/96 he was down to a skeleton crew. It was stated that the LoveSexy tour - even though it was hugely successful in Europe - made no money because of the elaborate set and cost of the production. So, the money was not streaming in by 1990.
*
But yes, he had a financial upswing with the Batman album.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #169 posted 09/19/19 9:32am

CharismaDove

mano said:

antonb said:

It's not good pr to be accused of beating women. I think the estate do need to address it. Because mud sticks, especially in this day and age of social media. They need to get a couple of stories out of people he worked with him denying it. He worked with enough women.

^ This

Before 'Leaving Paisley Park' drops lol

Maybe eye do, just not like eye did before pimp2
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #170 posted 09/19/19 1:47pm

Mikado

CharismaDove said:



mano said:




antonb said:


It's not good pr to be accused of beating women. I think the estate do need to address it. Because mud sticks, especially in this day and age of social media. They need to get a couple of stories out of people he worked with him denying it. He worked with enough women.


^ This



Before 'Leaving Paisley Park' drops lol



Don't steal my jokes, bitch. razz

Mikado said:

Surviving Paisley Park. lol
A certain kind of mellow.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #171 posted 09/19/19 3:48pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

purplethunder3121 said:

Well, that's what Emma said...

I also have a nasty, foul mouth!

lol

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #172 posted 09/19/19 4:22pm

SoulAlive

Mikado said:

CharismaDove said:



mano said:




antonb said:


It's not good pr to be accused of beating women. I think the estate do need to address it. Because mud sticks, especially in this day and age of social media. They need to get a couple of stories out of people he worked with him denying it. He worked with enough women.


^ This



Before 'Leaving Paisley Park' drops lol



Don't steal my jokes, bitch. razz

Mikado said:

Surviving Paisley Park. lol



lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #173 posted 09/19/19 4:35pm

BalladofPeterP
arker

Here let me say what anyone with a brain but is too scared, politically correct, or "woke" to say:

THIS BITCH IS FULLA SHIT!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #174 posted 09/19/19 4:50pm

rdhull

avatar

BalladofPeterParker said:

Here let me say what anyone with a brain but is too scared, politically correct, or "woke" to say:

THIS BITCH IS FULLA SHIT!

lol

"Climb in my fur."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #175 posted 09/19/19 5:50pm

PennyPurple

avatar

It's amazing to me that someone with known mental problems like Sinead has got this much reaction from P's fans.

Especially when his ex-band mates do and say some of the things they do, and all of you stay quiet about it.


Heck, just this past week the Rev posted something on their page and didn't even acknowledge Andre, Dez or Gayle. They think that they were "THE" only band he ever had.


Hell, where were you all when Jessie was spewin his shit?

How about Kim Berry's book saying his mom was a druggie?

Where were you when Mani compared P to Charlie Sheen and his crazy ass?

How about when Jill implied that he broke her wrist?


I have an idea, why don't we get Casey Rain to interview Sinead, so he can get her side of the story instead of Prince's and then brag about getting interviews with everyone who has said terrible things about Prince, and how coooool they are?


The ASSociates have said just as many bad things if not more then Sinead has said, and you all don't hold their asses to the fire.

A MASK ISN'T TOO MUCH TO ASK!!
JJPOPPYSBOMBSQUAD #OPINIONSMATTER
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #176 posted 09/19/19 6:09pm

SoulAlive

BalladofPeterParker said:

Here let me say what anyone with a brain but is too scared, politically correct, or "woke" to say:



THIS BITCH IS FULLA SHIT!




lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #177 posted 09/19/19 6:10pm

violetcrush

PennyPurple said:

It's amazing to me that someone with known mental problems like Sinead has got this much reaction from P's fans.

Especially when his ex-band mates do and say some of the things they do, and all of you stay quiet about it.


Heck, just this past week the Rev posted something on their page and didn't even acknowledge Andre, Dez or Gayle. They think that they were "THE" only band he ever had.


Hell, where were you all when Jessie was spewin his shit?

How about Kim Berry's book saying his mom was a druggie?

Where were you when Mani compared P to Charlie Sheen and his crazy ass?

How about when Jill implied that he broke her wrist?


I have an idea, why don't we get Casey Rain to interview Sinead, so he can get her side of the story instead of Prince's and then brag about getting interviews with everyone who has said terrible things about Prince, and how coooool they are?


The ASSociates have said just as many bad things if not more then Sinead has said, and you all don't hold their asses to the fire.

And you are smoking crack if you think Prince was some kind of Saint who never made poor choices, impulsive decisions, never manipulated, never lied, and never lost his shit toward associates, girlfriends, wives, etc. I think these things happened more often than not, and I think we most likely have heard barely the icing on the cake with regard to details of time spent with him.

*

Hate to say it, but based on most of what we have heard Prince had as many or more bad days than he had good days when it came to personal relationships.

*

It's become quite clear that, while we all agree he was a musical genius, he was also a very complex and flawed person in relationships. "Oh ma la de da da....oh my melody, oh my malady..."

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #178 posted 09/19/19 6:48pm

PennyPurple

avatar

violetcrush said:

PennyPurple said:

It's amazing to me that someone with known mental problems like Sinead has got this much reaction from P's fans.

Especially when his ex-band mates do and say some of the things they do, and all of you stay quiet about it.


Heck, just this past week the Rev posted something on their page and didn't even acknowledge Andre, Dez or Gayle. They think that they were "THE" only band he ever had.


Hell, where were you all when Jessie was spewin his shit?

How about Kim Berry's book saying his mom was a druggie?

Where were you when Mani compared P to Charlie Sheen and his crazy ass?

How about when Jill implied that he broke her wrist?


I have an idea, why don't we get Casey Rain to interview Sinead, so he can get her side of the story instead of Prince's and then brag about getting interviews with everyone who has said terrible things about Prince, and how coooool they are?


The ASSociates have said just as many bad things if not more then Sinead has said, and you all don't hold their asses to the fire.

And you are smoking crack if you think Prince was some kind of Saint who never made poor choices, impulsive decisions, never manipulated, never lied, and never lost his shit toward associates, girlfriends, wives, etc. I think these things happened more often than not, and I think we most likely have heard barely the icing on the cake with regard to details of time spent with him.

*

Hate to say it, but based on most of what we have heard Prince had as many or more bad days than he had good days when it came to personal relationships.

*

It's become quite clear that, while we all agree he was a musical genius, he was also a very complex and flawed person in relationships. "Oh ma la de da da....oh my melody, oh my malady..."

Where did you get that I think Prince was a Saint? LOL






A MASK ISN'T TOO MUCH TO ASK!!
JJPOPPYSBOMBSQUAD #OPINIONSMATTER
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #179 posted 09/19/19 7:50pm

petalthecat

avatar

Jill has also been defending Sinead on social media but seen no mention of that here. eek
There's always a rainbow 🌈 , at the end of every rain ☔️
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Sinead O Connor at it again - UK breakfast TV - P broke a females ribs..