independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 25th Aug 2019 12:29am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > which song did he send rihanna?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/30/19 12:34pm

nirforward

which song did he send rihanna?

Back in 2015 it was reported rihanna secured a prince song on what became later her ANTI album.

She probably rejected his song as it was not released.

Anybody knows which song he offered her if at all?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/30/19 12:39pm

rapper

Love on the Brain has a very familar scream in the background just after the 3 minute mark (around 3:08-3:10).

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/30/19 1:22pm

laytonian

Not only that scream but the background vocals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RyInjfgNc4

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/30/19 2:16pm

rdhull

avatar

Execept its Al Greens' 'For The Good Times'

c'mon baby, where's ya guts?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/30/19 3:28pm

PRNelson

He should have sent Vavoom. She could have had a big hit with a cover of that imo.
You'll never know a girl called Nikki and you'll never find Erotic City
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/30/19 4:19pm

ThatWhiteDude

avatar

rapper said:

Love on the Brain has a very familar scream in the background just after the 3 minute mark (around 3:08-3:10).

I was listening to that song a few days ago and was like: It kinda sounds prince-ish

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."


"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/30/19 4:21pm

ThatWhiteDude

avatar

PRNelson said:

He should have sent Vavoom. She could have had a big hit with a cover of that imo.

Did you see her covering Darling Nikki? I feel like she was born to cover that specific song.

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."


"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/30/19 4:38pm

gold31

avatar

Not sure when this was made, but this unreleased Rihanna song either was made by Prince or someone trying to sound like him. It's called Sexuality.


https://talkmuzik.tv/rihanna-sexuality/

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/01/19 6:05am

IstenSzek

avatar

gold31 said:

Not sure when this was made, but this unreleased Rihanna song either was made by Prince or someone trying to sound like him. It's called Sexuality.


https://talkmuzik.tv/rihanna-sexuality/


eek eek eek

at the very least it's a nod to him nod

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/01/19 6:11am

IstenSzek

avatar

IstenSzek said:

gold31 said:

Not sure when this was made, but this unreleased Rihanna song either was made by Prince or someone trying to sound like him. It's called Sexuality.


https://talkmuzik.tv/rihanna-sexuality/


eek eek eek

at the very least it's a nod to him nod


sounds like what a classic early 80s prince protege song might sound like in 2010.

cool

[Edited 5/1/19 6:16am]

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/01/19 7:07am

Mikado

Prince had no involvement in it, but Kiss It Better sounds a lot like him.
A certain kind of mellow.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/01/19 10:21am

tishal

YUP, I think that's our boy screaming and lending beautiful background vocals! cool

laytonian said:

Not only that scream but the background vocals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RyInjfgNc4

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/01/19 11:19am

TheKid94

avatar

I've wanted a collaboration between the two so badly. At first listen I thought Love On the Brain & Kiss It Better had Prince vibes. I remember back in 2010 when the Sexuality demo leaked, in the years since I found a fan made mix of Controversy and Rihannas Sexuality and I still bump it to this day. Guess that's the most we will get of the two...
prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/01/19 11:29am

TrcikyChristop
her

tishal said:

YUP, I think that's our boy screaming and lending beautiful background vocals! cool





laytonian said:


Not only that scream but the background vocals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RyInjfgNc4




No. It's not.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/01/19 12:23pm

nirforward

thanks for all the input

I also dig the prince vibes in tracks mentioned here but apparently no shred of evidence he was involved.

Her cover of Darling Nikki was very good, caught me by surprise when i saw her live a good 8 years ago

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/01/19 5:37pm

Mikado

gold31 said:

Not sure when this was made, but this unreleased Rihanna song either was made by Prince or someone trying to sound like him. It's called Sexuality.


https://talkmuzik.tv/rihanna-sexuality/


The Rihanna wiki says... "It has also been theorized that this demo was given to Justin Timberlake and passed onto Ciara for her song Love, Sex & Magic".

Cool anyway though! I don't think Prince was official involved (he had moved away from that sound by 2008-2010), but it's neat.

A certain kind of mellow.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/01/19 7:08pm

jjam

He sent her Purple & Gold.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/02/19 6:17pm

purplepolitici
an

avatar

Would'a been nice 2 have a P track on ANTI exclaim. Just discovered this album btw, it's kinda fire. Kiss It Better is the noise (straight P vibes) n I've been screamin "work work work work" all nite nuts. I recall hmmm hearing sumpin about him sending her Million $ Show, 2 kinda get back on topic smile.

The way that you're moving your body on my knee dancing jig
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 05/02/19 6:19pm

purplepolitici
an

avatar

Mikado said:

Prince had no involvement in it, but Kiss It Better sounds a lot like him.

yes Sex w/ me's so amazing whistle lol

The way that you're moving your body on my knee dancing jig
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 05/02/19 7:26pm

rdhull

avatar

purplepolitician said:

Would'a been nice 2 have a P track on ANTI exclaim. Just discovered this album btw, it's kinda fire. Kiss It Better is the noise (straight P vibes) n I've been screamin "work work work work" all nite nuts. I recall hmmm hearing sumpin about him sending her Million $ Show, 2 kinda get back on topic smile.

And her cover of Tame Impala's "Same Ol' Mistakes", "Yeah I Said It," "You Needed me" etc..the whole cd is fire.

c'mon baby, where's ya guts?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 05/02/19 7:42pm

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

"rUDEbOY"was Prince's(r.i.p.) favorite song by Rihanna.

"4 all of us, life is death without adventure,& adventure only comes 2 those who are willing 2 b daring & take chances." prince AMA's 1985

"Kirk has a VAULT right here that's NEVER going 2 b unlocked" Kirky J.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 05/03/19 8:00pm

purplepolitici
an

avatar

rdhull said:

purplepolitician said:

Would'a been nice 2 have a P track on ANTI exclaim. Just discovered this album btw, it's kinda fire. Kiss It Better is the noise (straight P vibes) n I've been screamin "work work work work" all nite nuts. I recall hmmm hearing sumpin about him sending her Million $ Show, 2 kinda get back on topic smile.

And her cover of Tame Impala's "Same Ol' Mistakes", "Yeah I Said It," "You Needed me" etc..the whole cd is fire.

yes

The way that you're moving your body on my knee dancing jig
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 05/10/19 9:49am

TheKid94

avatar

purplepolitician said:

Would'a been nice 2 have a P track on ANTI exclaim. Just discovered this album btw, it's kinda fire. Kiss It Better is the noise (straight P vibes) n I've been screamin "work work work work" all nite nuts. I recall hmmm hearing sumpin about him sending her Million $ Show, 2 kinda get back on topic smile.

I love this album!! Idk why but this is the only one of her albums that I really got into from start to finish. Woo & Desperado are my favorites

prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > which song did he send rihanna?