independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 15th Oct 2019 12:24am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince Estate to Release ‘Originals’ Album: His Versions of Songs He Gave to Other Artists (EXCLUSIVE)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 10 of 32 « First<67891011121314>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #270 posted 04/27/19 1:14pm

databank

avatar

Kares said:



databank said:


Crazy thing is Sheila E. owns the royalties and official authorship for Holly Rock. I guess the Estate can get away with saying that Prince composed it since it's true, but I guess they're gonna have to pay her the royalties nonetheless lol



.


Sheila owns the publishing rights to that song, so as the registered writer, she'll get the royalites for every copy sold and every time it is performed in concert by anyone or every time it's played on the radio, for every copy of a score sold etc.
.
But there's nothing "to get away with" for the Estate, they own Prince's recording of the song and they were free to license it to Warners for a set period of time. Warners will pay the Estate the licence fee for the distribution rights of the recording, and they will pay royalties to Sheila for the publishing righst of the composition for every copy sold.


I love Sheila but she's been really weird claiming she wrote all those Prince songs. What I meant is if she stood by it she'd have to sue the Estate. But of course she won't.
A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #271 posted 04/27/19 1:26pm

Kares

avatar

databank said:

Kares said:

.

Sheila owns the publishing rights to that song, so as the registered writer, she'll get the royalites for every copy sold and every time it is performed in concert by anyone or every time it's played on the radio, for every copy of a score sold etc.
.
But there's nothing "to get away with" for the Estate, they own Prince's recording of the song and they were free to license it to Warners for a set period of time. Warners will pay the Estate the licence fee for the distribution rights of the recording, and they will pay royalties to Sheila for the publishing righst of the composition for every copy sold.

I love Sheila but she's been really weird claiming she wrote all those Prince songs. What I meant is if she stood by it she'd have to sue the Estate. But of course she won't.

.
Why would she have to sue? For what?

Friends don't let friends clap on 1 and 3.

The Paisley Park Vault spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/zzWHrU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #272 posted 04/27/19 1:36pm

databank

avatar

Kares said:

databank said:

Kares said: I love Sheila but she's been really weird claiming she wrote all those Prince songs. What I meant is if she stood by it she'd have to sue the Estate. But of course she won't.

.
Why would she have to sue? For what?

If I had written a song that was registered to my name, legally and all, and someone claimed I didn't write it although I did, and I could afford a lawyer, I guess I'd sue as a matter of principle regardless of whether I'd get the royalties or not. IDK. Can you claim you wrote a song you cover as long as you pay royalties for your cover, wouldn't the author be entitled to sue for usurpation of identity or something?

Sheila insists so hard on saying she wrote all those songs despite 25 years of Per/Uptown/Duane research... IDK why she does it, she had a career long before Prince and had one since, she's got nothing to prove, she's respected by the community (and me) for what she is and does, not the songs Prince gave her. But if she really wants to claim ownership she should sue.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #273 posted 04/27/19 1:38pm

love2thenines2
003

GIRL written 4 the Time would have been so great on this compilation....it is a pity !

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #274 posted 04/27/19 1:56pm

Kares

avatar

databank said:

Kares said:

.
Why would she have to sue? For what?

If I had written a song that was registered to my name, legally and all, and someone claimed I didn't write it although I did, and I could afford a lawyer, I guess I'd sue as a matter of principle regardless of whether I'd get the royalties or not. IDK. Can you claim you wrote a song you cover as long as you pay royalties for your cover, wouldn't the author be entitled to sue for usurpation of identity or something?

Sheila insists so hard on saying she wrote all those songs despite 25 years of Per/Uptown/Duane research... IDK why she does it, she had a career long before Prince and had one since, she's got nothing to prove, she's respected by the community (and me) for what she is and does, not the songs Prince gave her. But if she really wants to claim ownership she should sue.

.
Oh you mean she could sue because the marketing materials and probably the cover of 'Originals' says that those are songs written by Prince? (While they'll still be credited to Sheila, obviously, as that's how they're registered at ASCAP.

.
Interesting question, but I don't think that she could sue for that. The thing is: publishing rights CAN be sold legally (at least in certain countries, such as the USA or the UK), so just because a song is officially registered to someone (who therefore owns its publishing) it does not necessarily mean that they actually wrote it. But it will definitely look awkward on the record cover that the liner notes will say "songs written by Prince" while the actual credits will say Sheila E for some songs. smile
Maybe they'll explain this in the liner notes. But if Sheila would complain, they can always say "you're credited, you're getting the royalties so be glad we're releasing the songs!"
.
By the way, I don't get Sheila either. I admire her as a musician, but I really didn't like when she started talking about Prince's proposal to her after he passed away. I really don't know what to think about that – to me the story sounds a bit fishy, especially because she never talked about it while Prince was alive, even though she could've mentioned in her book. She's very openly talking about many private things in the book (it's worth reading) so she could've mentioned this one too...

[Edited 4/28/19 1:22am]

Friends don't let friends clap on 1 and 3.

The Paisley Park Vault spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/zzWHrU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #275 posted 04/27/19 1:56pm

databank

avatar

databank said:



Kares said:




databank said:


Kares said: I love Sheila but she's been really weird claiming she wrote all those Prince songs. What I meant is if she stood by it she'd have to sue the Estate. But of course she won't.

.
Why would she have to sue? For what?



If I had written a song that was registered to my name, legally and all, and someone claimed I didn't write it although I did, and I could afford a lawyer, I guess I'd sue as a matter of principle regardless of whether I'd get the royalties or not. IDK. Can you claim you wrote a song you cover as long as you pay royalties for your cover, wouldn't the author be entitled to sue for usurpation of identity or something?


Sheila insists so hard on saying she wrote all those songs despite 25 years of Per/Uptown/Duane research... IDK why she does it, she had a career long before Prince and had one since, she's got nothing to prove, she's respected by the community (and me) for what she is and does, not the songs Prince gave her. But if she really wants to claim ownership she should sue.


I realize this is true for Dear Michaelangelo, too
A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #276 posted 04/27/19 2:15pm

feeluupp

avatar

So basically this is just a more polished Blast from the past album lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #277 posted 04/27/19 3:50pm

darkroman

JoeyLondon said:

biggrin eek biggrin



I've been working on this "Written by Prince" Playlist. I case you wanna listen/follow, critique, fact check, give suggesions, etc. Soooo many great ones are not yet available for streaming. Hopefully they will be in the future. I'll keep updating . . .



Spotify: http://bit.ly/WrittenByPrince



Apple Music: https://apple.co/2J03Ozi



Pre-Ordering the Prince Originals bundle today!!!

[Edited 4/27/19 12:20pm]



Prince didn't write the Kate Bush track! He was merely asked to add a bit of production and vocals which Kate hated so she did her own production. Even Prince knew Kate was way out of his league! !
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #278 posted 04/27/19 5:29pm

PurpleBlackmon

I thought Tidal only had distribution rights to stuff recorded after Prince left WB the first time.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #279 posted 04/27/19 5:33pm

JoeyLondon

avatar

darkroman said:

JoeyLondon said:

biggrin eek biggrin

I've been working on this "Written by Prince" Playlist. I case you wanna listen/follow, critique, fact check, give suggesions, etc. Soooo many great ones are not yet available for streaming. Hopefully they will be in the future. I'll keep updating . . .

Spotify: http://bit.ly/WrittenByPrince

Apple Music: https://apple.co/2J03Ozi

Pre-Ordering the Prince Originals bundle today!!!

[Edited 4/27/19 12:20pm]

Prince didn't write the Kate Bush track! He was merely asked to add a bit of production and vocals which Kate hated so she did her own production. Even Prince knew Kate was way out of his league! !

Wasn't 100% sure on that one. Thanks for the info - I'm removing. smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #280 posted 04/27/19 11:43pm

Kares

avatar

darkroman said:

Even Prince knew Kate was way out of his league! !

.

Don't be ridiculous. I love Kate Bush but that is a really ignorant statement.

Friends don't let friends clap on 1 and 3.

The Paisley Park Vault spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/zzWHrU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #281 posted 04/28/19 2:13am

JorisE73

databank said:

JorisE73 said:


I heared when those 2 albums came out that Prince intentionally put tracks on them that he had no use for when WB rejected them (Zannalee, the Same December and I Like it There he wanted thoise as B-sides for singles of The Gold Experience but WB didn't want that and rejected the idea. That's what I was told.) So he collected and 'finished' the songs where needed and put them on those two records, but intentionally made them a 'bootleg' like collection.

I had never heard this about b-sides before, interesting. May I ask your source?

If Prince wanted it to be bootleg-like my opinion he totally failed at it. CB was more in line with this kind of spirit (though much carefully sequenced than the songs selection would lead us to believe).



I used to subscribe to a dutch Prince and later prince newsletter in the 90's (this was not online but on paper and mailed every month) that leaked both tracklists of Chaos and Teh Vault and the info on them a couple of weeks before they were released. The person who did that newsletter had contacts with in WB and was always a reliable source for good info, haven't a clue who that person was tho. I only subscribed to that newsletter after I heard people talk about it and gave me the subscription info at either one of the Nude Tour concerts or the Diamonds and Pearls concerts in Rotterdam, don;t remember exactly.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #282 posted 04/28/19 2:33am

databank

avatar

Kares said:

databank said:

If I had written a song that was registered to my name, legally and all, and someone claimed I didn't write it although I did, and I could afford a lawyer, I guess I'd sue as a matter of principle regardless of whether I'd get the royalties or not. IDK. Can you claim you wrote a song you cover as long as you pay royalties for your cover, wouldn't the author be entitled to sue for usurpation of identity or something?

Sheila insists so hard on saying she wrote all those songs despite 25 years of Per/Uptown/Duane research... IDK why she does it, she had a career long before Prince and had one since, she's got nothing to prove, she's respected by the community (and me) for what she is and does, not the songs Prince gave her. But if she really wants to claim ownership she should sue.

.
Oh you mean she could sue because the marketing materials and probably the cover of 'Originals' says that those are songs written by Prince? (While they'll still be credited to Sheila, obviously, as that's how they're registered at ASCAP.

.
Interesting question, but I don't think that she could sue for that. The thing is: publishing rights CAN be sold legally (at least in certain countries, such as the USA or the UK), so just because a song is officially registered to someone (who therefore owns its publishing) it does not necessarily mean that they actually wrote it. But it will definitely look awkward on the record cover that the liner notes will say "songs written by Prince" while the actual credits will say Sheila E for some songs. smile
Maybe they'll explain this in the liner notes. But if Sheila would complain, they can always say "you're credited, you're getting the royalties so be glad we're releasing the songs!"
.
By the way, I don't get Sheila either. I admire her as a musician, but I really didn't like when she started talking about Prince's proposal to her after he passed away. I really don't know what to think about that – to me the story sounds a bit fishy, especially because she never talked about it while Prince was alive, even though she could've mentioned in her book. She's very openly talking about many private things in the book (it's worth reading) so she could've mentioned this one too...

[Edited 4/28/19 1:22am]

Yes I meant it that way. Of course she had little to gain in taking legal action but that indeed creates a funny situation.

Anything personal Sheila may choose to reveal about her relationship with Prince is up to her, none of our business in a way. I find it more annoying when it's about the 84-85 songs, because it's about the music. I remember this long interview (Red Bull Academy I think) where it was really obvious the host had been instructed not to even mention Prince, and he had to go to great lengths to avoid saying his name or evoking their collaborative works, discussing her 84 tour, the shooting of music videos or Krush Groove instead. It was a little embarrassing despite the rest of the interview being great and informative.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #283 posted 04/28/19 3:46am

NME01

Mikado said:

I find it funny people are calling Jay-Z a retarded rapper when, in reality, dude is a better businessman than Prince ever was.


A rather low bar to hit, really.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #284 posted 04/28/19 4:25am

Kares

avatar

databank said:

Kares said:

.
Oh you mean she could sue because the marketing materials and probably the cover of 'Originals' says that those are songs written by Prince? (While they'll still be credited to Sheila, obviously, as that's how they're registered at ASCAP.

.
Interesting question, but I don't think that she could sue for that. The thing is: publishing rights CAN be sold legally (at least in certain countries, such as the USA or the UK), so just because a song is officially registered to someone (who therefore owns its publishing) it does not necessarily mean that they actually wrote it. But it will definitely look awkward on the record cover that the liner notes will say "songs written by Prince" while the actual credits will say Sheila E for some songs. smile
Maybe they'll explain this in the liner notes. But if Sheila would complain, they can always say "you're credited, you're getting the royalties so be glad we're releasing the songs!"
.
By the way, I don't get Sheila either. I admire her as a musician, but I really didn't like when she started talking about Prince's proposal to her after he passed away. I really don't know what to think about that – to me the story sounds a bit fishy, especially because she never talked about it while Prince was alive, even though she could've mentioned in her book. She's very openly talking about many private things in the book (it's worth reading) so she could've mentioned this one too...

[Edited 4/28/19 1:22am]

Yes I meant it that way. Of course she had little to gain in taking legal action but that indeed creates a funny situation.

Anything personal Sheila may choose to reveal about her relationship with Prince is up to her, none of our business in a way. I find it more annoying when it's about the 84-85 songs, because it's about the music. I remember this long interview (Red Bull Academy I think) where it was really obvious the host had been instructed not to even mention Prince, and he had to go to great lengths to avoid saying his name or evoking their collaborative works, discussing her 84 tour, the shooting of music videos or Krush Groove instead. It was a little embarrassing despite the rest of the interview being great and informative.

.

In her book, where she talks about recording her first album with Prince, she says "he’d cowritten most of the songs, and performed on almost all of them. Another song he and I cowrote was 'Noon Rendezvous." So at least in the book she admits the official credits are inaccurate to say the least.
.

Friends don't let friends clap on 1 and 3.

The Paisley Park Vault spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/zzWHrU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #285 posted 04/28/19 4:43am

jstar69

Kares said:



databank said:




Kares said:



.
Oh you mean she could sue because the marketing materials and probably the cover of 'Originals' says that those are songs written by Prince? (While they'll still be credited to Sheila, obviously, as that's how they're registered at ASCAP.


.
Interesting question, but I don't think that she could sue for that. The thing is: publishing rights CAN be sold legally (at least in certain countries, such as the USA or the UK), so just because a song is officially registered to someone (who therefore owns its publishing) it does not necessarily mean that they actually wrote it. But it will definitely look awkward on the record cover that the liner notes will say "songs written by Prince" while the actual credits will say Sheila E for some songs. smile
Maybe they'll explain this in the liner notes. But if Sheila would complain, they can always say "you're credited, you're getting the royalties so be glad we're releasing the songs!"
.
By the way, I don't get Sheila either. I admire her as a musician, but I really didn't like when she started talking about Prince's proposal to her after he passed away. I really don't know what to think about that – to me the story sounds a bit fishy, especially because she never talked about it while Prince was alive, even though she could've mentioned in her book. She's very openly talking about many private things in the book (it's worth reading) so she could've mentioned this one too...


[Edited 4/28/19 1:22am]



Yes I meant it that way. Of course she had little to gain in taking legal action but that indeed creates a funny situation.


Anything personal Sheila may choose to reveal about her relationship with Prince is up to her, none of our business in a way. I find it more annoying when it's about the 84-85 songs, because it's about the music. I remember this long interview (Red Bull Academy I think) where it was really obvious the host had been instructed not to even mention Prince, and he had to go to great lengths to avoid saying his name or evoking their collaborative works, discussing her 84 tour, the shooting of music videos or Krush Groove instead. It was a little embarrassing despite the rest of the interview being great and informative.



.


In her book, where she talks about recording her first album with Prince, she says "he’d cowritten most of the songs, and performed on almost all of them. Another song he and I cowrote was 'Noon Rendezvous." So at least in the book she admits the official credits are inaccurate to say the least.
.




I think we all know Sheila’s become a little bit proper of late, and maybe a touch loopy! Ok back on track with the thread we get!
[Edited 4/28/19 4:44am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #286 posted 04/28/19 6:49am

fabriziovenera
ndi

avatar

To be honest: we have not that songs. I'm happy for this release because actually we have the shadows of that songs. I search on my hard disk "Dear Michealangelo" and I listen it for a while. I stopped it. I can not listen it with pleasure, because the sound is awful.

I hope estate will publish Prince albums that give joy in listening, i don't care if someone has somewhere a poor quality bootleg of the song.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #287 posted 04/28/19 7:39am

violetcrush

fabriziovenerandi said:

To be honest: we have not that songs. I'm happy for this release because actually we have the shadows of that songs. I search on my hard disk "Dear Michealangelo" and I listen it for a while. I stopped it. I can not listen it with pleasure, because the sound is awful.

I hope estate will publish Prince albums that give joy in listening, i don't care if someone has somewhere a poor quality bootleg of the song.

Yes, sound quality is everything. I still listen to the low quality boots, but am always wishing they would sound better.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #288 posted 04/28/19 9:14am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

This is the one that will be interesting to hear Prince's version.
It seems like it might sound much different from the released version.

You're My Love

Although exact recording dates are not known, basic tracking for Prince's original version took place in Spring-Summer 1982 at Prince's Kiowa Trail Home Studio. In 1984, the song was considered for The Family, but no new recording was done on the track at the time. A mix was done the following year on 25 September 1985 at Sunset Sound in Hollywood, California.

Clare Fischer added orchestral overdubs in May 1986, by which time it was attributed to Prince and the Revolution, but Kenny Rogers and his band re-recorded the song in the Spring or Summer of 1986 (at one of several studios - Garden Rakes, Sherman Oaks, CA, USA; Conway, Hollywood, California; Can/Am, Tarzana, CA, USA; House Of Gold, Nashville, TN, USA or The Garage, Nashville, TN, USA), and the released version contains no musical input by Prince. The released version contains background vocals by El DeBarge, who would later record and release another track by Prince, Tip O' My Tongue.

-PVault

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #289 posted 04/28/19 9:45am

Romeoblu

OldFriends4Sale said:



This is the one that will be interesting to hear Prince's version.
It seems like it might sound much different from the released version.







You're My Love



Although exact recording dates are not known, basic tracking for Prince's original version took place in Spring-Summer 1982 at Prince's Kiowa Trail Home Studio. In 1984, the song was considered for The Family, but no new recording was done on the track at the time. A mix was done the following year on 25 September 1985 at Sunset Sound in Hollywood, California.



Clare Fischer added orchestral overdubs in May 1986, by which time it was attributed to Prince and the Revolution, but Kenny Rogers and his band re-recorded the song in the Spring or Summer of 1986 (at one of several studios - Garden Rakes, Sherman Oaks, CA, USA; Conway, Hollywood, California; Can/Am, Tarzana, CA, USA; House Of Gold, Nashville, TN, USA or The Garage, Nashville, TN, USA), and the released version contains no musical input by Prince. The released version contains background vocals by El DeBarge, who would later record and release another track by Prince, Tip O' My Tongue.



-PVault




I really hope it does as the production on Kenny's version is horrible.

I think it must have something about it otherwise they would not have picked it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #290 posted 04/28/19 9:47am

databank

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

This is the one that will be interesting to hear Prince's version.
It seems like it might sound much different from the released version.

You're My Love

Although exact recording dates are not known, basic tracking for Prince's original version took place in Spring-Summer 1982 at Prince's Kiowa Trail Home Studio. In 1984, the song was considered for The Family, but no new recording was done on the track at the time. A mix was done the following year on 25 September 1985 at Sunset Sound in Hollywood, California.

Clare Fischer added orchestral overdubs in May 1986, by which time it was attributed to Prince and the Revolution, but Kenny Rogers and his band re-recorded the song in the Spring or Summer of 1986 (at one of several studios - Garden Rakes, Sherman Oaks, CA, USA; Conway, Hollywood, California; Can/Am, Tarzana, CA, USA; House Of Gold, Nashville, TN, USA or The Garage, Nashville, TN, USA), and the released version contains no musical input by Prince. The released version contains background vocals by El DeBarge, who would later record and release another track by Prince, Tip O' My Tongue.

-PVault

Agreed, I've always wondered how it sounded. But it appears it's going to be the original 1982 version not the final, 1986 one that apparently is the one sent to KR. It'd have been nice to hear it as such with strings and all, but even the first mix will be interesting to hear and compare to the very, very corny KR version.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #291 posted 04/28/19 10:13am

violetcrush

databank said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

This is the one that will be interesting to hear Prince's version.
It seems like it might sound much different from the released version.

You're My Love

Although exact recording dates are not known, basic tracking for Prince's original version took place in Spring-Summer 1982 at Prince's Kiowa Trail Home Studio. In 1984, the song was considered for The Family, but no new recording was done on the track at the time. A mix was done the following year on 25 September 1985 at Sunset Sound in Hollywood, California.

Clare Fischer added orchestral overdubs in May 1986, by which time it was attributed to Prince and the Revolution, but Kenny Rogers and his band re-recorded the song in the Spring or Summer of 1986 (at one of several studios - Garden Rakes, Sherman Oaks, CA, USA; Conway, Hollywood, California; Can/Am, Tarzana, CA, USA; House Of Gold, Nashville, TN, USA or The Garage, Nashville, TN, USA), and the released version contains no musical input by Prince. The released version contains background vocals by El DeBarge, who would later record and release another track by Prince, Tip O' My Tongue.

-PVault

Agreed, I've always wondered how it sounded. But it appears it's going to be the original 1982 version not the final, 1986 one that apparently is the one sent to KR. It'd have been nice to hear it as such with strings and all, but even the first mix will be interesting to hear and compare to the very, very corny KR version.

It would be great to hear both the original and also Prince's 1986 version with Clare's arrangement.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #292 posted 04/28/19 12:15pm

Mikado

jstar69 said:

Kares said:

.

In her book, where she talks about recording her first album with Prince, she says "he’d cowritten most of the songs, and performed on almost all of them. Another song he and I cowrote was 'Noon Rendezvous." So at least in the book she admits the official credits are inaccurate to say the least.
.

I think we all know Sheila’s become a little bit proper of late, and maybe a touch loopy! Ok back on track with the thread we get!


She'd fit right in on here. lol

A certain kind of mellow.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #293 posted 04/28/19 1:39pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Very exciting! I need to pre-order! I agree with some that there are a ton of other songs that could be on such a release. I think that there could be 4 or 5 volumes (and some of us would still not be statified).

I could list my next 15 or maybe 30 wish list...but why bother! I am super happy this is a thing.



EDIT FOLLOWS

And remember donnyenglish mentioned this!

4/7/19 Release by Tidal? https://prince.org/msg/7/458941

So Props! Some suggested it was made up this seems like vindication.


also as I said in that topic Tidal could release more at any time. It was suggested to me that they wanted this to be a surprise. But who knows.

[Edited 4/28/19 13:47pm]

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #294 posted 04/28/19 3:03pm

BartVanHemelen

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:



And remember donnyenglish mentioned this!

4/7/19 Release by Tidal? https://prince.org/msg/7/458941

So Props! Some suggested it was made up this seems like vindication.

.

Oh please, what bullshit. He said a release on 7 April. Which didn't happen.

.

Sweet lord, some of you are beyond ridiculous.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #295 posted 04/28/19 3:38pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

BartVanHemelen said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:



And remember donnyenglish mentioned this!

4/7/19 Release by Tidal? https://prince.org/msg/7/458941

So Props! Some suggested it was made up this seems like vindication.

.

Oh please, what bullshit. He said a release on 7 April. Which didn't happen.

.

Sweet lord, some of you are beyond ridiculous.

come on he was off by 2 months... every thing else was spot on... even you've got to give it to him... even if he made it up!

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #296 posted 04/28/19 7:39pm

bluegangsta

avatar

feeluupp said:

So basically this is just a more polished Blast from the past album lol

Always cry 4 love, never cry 4 pain.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #297 posted 04/28/19 10:44pm

rdhull

avatar

NME01 said:

Mikado said:

I find it funny people are calling Jay-Z a retarded rapper when, in reality, dude is a better businessman than Prince ever was.


A rather low bar to hit, really.

Even so, Jay is a billionaire... an awesome feat
And yes all you know it alls I know it’s total combined etc with him and his equally successful wife... still.. stfu
c'mon baby, where's ya guts?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #298 posted 04/28/19 11:54pm

funkycomic

RicoN said:

Does anybody stil subscribe to Tidal?

i do and i think its the best streaming service.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #299 posted 04/29/19 1:37am

Vannormal

avatar

andykeen said:

Am I the only one annoyed by the artwork. Like to me, the album should represent his dirty mind recordings because of the artwork.

-

Well, only Wouldn't You Love To Love Me was originally written in 1976

But I really love the artwork, a picture of 1982 I believe

by Allen Beaulieu.

Somhow you're right, but than again, this is a smart move.

Imagine this in recordshops... it's an eye catcher.

-

"...no matter what, all will be fine, always."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 10 of 32 « First<67891011121314>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince Estate to Release ‘Originals’ Album: His Versions of Songs He Gave to Other Artists (EXCLUSIVE)