independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 19th Jul 2019 10:57pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > German Blu-ray of the Sign O' The Times movie to include new 90 minute documentary "Prince - The Peach & Black Times"
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 05/08/19 11:58am

lust

avatar

A reply I received from Turbine media.

“If they can play region B Blu-rays or can be switched (like our Oppo) then yes. Also please consult the info above: the film is region coded, the bonus disc is not”

So if that’s the case, the Blu Ray movie will work in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Australaisa and the bonus disc with doco etc will work everywhere.

But it’s bog clear what features are on what disc.
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 05/08/19 12:07pm

violetcrush

lust said:

A reply I received from Turbine media.

“If they can play region B Blu-rays or can be switched (like our Oppo) then yes. Also please consult the info above: the film is region coded, the bonus disc is not”

So if that’s the case, the Blu Ray movie will work in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Australaisa and the bonus disc with doco etc will work everywhere.

But it’s bog clear what features are on what disc.

Thank you!! Already have the film, so hoping to be able to view the documentary piece. Not too worried, because I know some of my “connections” will deliver the goods smile
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 05/08/19 12:37pm

lust

avatar

violetcrush said:

lust said:

A reply I received from Turbine media.

“If they can play region B Blu-rays or can be switched (like our Oppo) then yes. Also please consult the info above: the film is region coded, the bonus disc is not”

So if that’s the case, the Blu Ray movie will work in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Australaisa and the bonus disc with doco etc will work everywhere.

But it’s bog clear what features are on what disc.

Thank you!! Already have the film, so hoping to be able to view the documentary piece. Not too worried, because I know some of my “connections” will deliver the goods smile



Thing I’m unclear on though is that it seems that the set is 4 discs, two Blu Ray and two DVDs so what’s on what disc is anyone’s guess. The DVD region is not the same in Europe as it is in Australia but presumably they are region free. Very confusing.
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 05/08/19 12:45pm

BartVanHemelen

avatar

lust said:

violetcrush said:
Thank you!! Already have the film, so hoping to be able to view the documentary piece. Not too worried, because I know some of my “connections” will deliver the goods smile
Thing I’m unclear on though is that it seems that the set is 4 discs, two Blu Ray and two DVDs so what’s on what disc is anyone’s guess. The DVD region is not the same in Europe as it is in Australia but presumably they are region free. Very confusing.

.

Sweet jebus, how about thinking for two seconds before posting? It's obvious that the DVDs will be dupes of the BD contents, except in DVD quality.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 05/08/19 1:44pm

eyewishuheaven

avatar

$85 Canadian, plus shipping. Damn... that's pretty pricey for a documentary and a movie I can't watch. Torrent it shall be!

PRINCE: the only man who could wear high heels and makeup and STILL steal your woman!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 05/08/19 5:29pm

1nonly

avatar

Well, now, this is indeed interesting!!!

Walking alone in the dark, I see nothing u see
I can be in a park, or flying in the…in the deep sea
I wish u’d hold my hand; then everything could b
There’s nothing strange, we’re not deranged
We only want everyday 2 b a Cosmic Day
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 05/08/19 6:00pm

lust

avatar

BartVanHemelen said:



lust said:


violetcrush said:
Thank you!! Already have the film, so hoping to be able to view the documentary piece. Not too worried, because I know some of my “connections” will deliver the goods smile

Thing I’m unclear on though is that it seems that the set is 4 discs, two Blu Ray and two DVDs so what’s on what disc is anyone’s guess. The DVD region is not the same in Europe as it is in Australia but presumably they are region free. Very confusing.

.


Sweet jebus, how about thinking for two seconds before posting? It's obvious that the DVDs will be dupes of the BD contents, except in DVD quality.




None taken!
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 05/08/19 6:11pm

lust

avatar

[Snip - luv4u]
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 05/08/19 11:45pm

BartVanHemelen

avatar

lust said:

[Snip - luv4u]

.

How 'bout you read this thread. Start with the first post.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 05/09/19 12:16am

JorisE73

Kares said:

JorisE73 said:


I'm not. lol
It looks great tho.
Guess I'll be selling the Canadian DVD and my Japanese Bluray set and probably this one too in a while after a superdeluxe edition arrives from The Estate lol
Who would have thought that after years of buying really bad releases in the 80's and 90's of this movie we'd get a slew of reaaly great releases.
The 2K remeaster I saw 2 years ago in the theater was amazing so I hope this one is at least as good as that was.

.

The Estate has nothing to do with this release. And I guess opinions vary whether that's a good thing or a bad thing... wink


I know, that's why I said that the Estate probably will release a superdeluxe edition after a while (or loooong after this German release)
Hopefully, if they ever do a release like this, they will team up and combine all the footage from this German release with outtakes/altenate takes and original footage of the shows in Rotterdam and Antwerpen. I can only hope.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 05/09/19 3:06am

HollywoodSt

I’ve seen some comments online about the peach and black gents being asked to do commentary on the dvd. I really like their podcast but some people seem very annoyed, what’s gone on?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 05/09/19 3:19am

BartVanHemelen

avatar

JorisE73 said:

I know, that's why I said that the Estate probably will release a superdeluxe edition after a while

.

Bwahahahahaha.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 05/09/19 3:24am

BartVanHemelen

avatar

And of course some people online are offended that most/all of the interviewees are white. To which Calum replied that they'd contacted all band members, but the only(!) Black person who replied demanded an absurd amount of money. Which didn't stop those online critics of course.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #103 posted 05/09/19 11:42am

lust

avatar

BartVanHemelen said:



lust said:


[Snip - luv4u]

.


How 'bout you read this thread. Start with the first post.



[Snip - luv4u]
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #104 posted 05/09/19 2:09pm

kindofblue

Was also posted here today:

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/prince-sign-o-the-times-1987-concert-film-reissued-as-4-disc-deluxe/

Some of the comments suggest the release will be sold out already before release day, as the release will be very limited. I placed my order @ jpc.de and they have a 1 item per customer policy for this release, which is quite unusual.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #105 posted 05/09/19 8:07pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

Thanks bart for the update!!

too bad it region locked.

Im so tempted to look up a region free blue ray player. but this thing might sell out quick

Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #106 posted 05/09/19 11:18pm

JorisE73

BartVanHemelen said:

JorisE73 said:

I know, that's why I said that the Estate probably will release a superdeluxe edition after a while

.

Bwahahahahaha.


I know, I know.
I'm trying to be hopeful.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #107 posted 05/10/19 12:52pm

HollywoodSt

BartVanHemelen said:

And of course some people online are offended that most/all of the interviewees are white. To which Calum replied that they'd contacted all band members, but the only(!) Black person who replied demanded an absurd amount of money. Which didn't stop those online critics of course.


I’ve seen one person say they won’t continue on Twitter anymore after online abuse from fellow Prince community members who have their own podcast. Not on that.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #108 posted 05/10/19 2:19pm

violetcrush

BartVanHemelen said:

And of course some people online are offended that most/all of the interviewees are white. To which Calum replied that they'd contacted all band members, but the only(!) Black person who replied demanded an absurd amount of money. Which didn't stop those online critics of course.


Hmmmm....wonder which band member?? Sheila, Miko, Levi, Cat, Brooks, Wally???
*
Very interested in hearing from Roy Bennett. He was with Prince SO long, and they were said to be very good friends.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #109 posted 05/10/19 2:58pm

feeluupp

avatar

Official trailer here:


https://www.youtube.com/w...e=youtu.be

[Edited 5/10/19 14:58pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #110 posted 05/11/19 12:08am

BartVanHemelen

avatar

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #111 posted 05/11/19 6:41am

violetcrush

Seems the docu piece will be great - just based on the quick sound bites from the Trailer.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #112 posted 05/11/19 8:27am

kaine

I am excited about the Doc but I am super pumped about the Dolby Atmos audio!!
1980-Present
First album bought: Controversy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #113 posted 05/11/19 8:35am

udo

avatar

kaine said:

I am excited about the Doc but I am super pumped about the Dolby Atmos audio!!

.

Do we have peoper dolby atmos decoders?

Do we have a proper multi speaker setup?

Please let them do proper stereo first.

This will cover the most setups and has the least calibration issues.

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #114 posted 05/11/19 11:52am

JudasSmile

avatar

I do want this but whilst I'm sure the vinyl sleeve-size presentation is nice enough I would rather have an option to buy it in standard amaray cases or similar packaging.

U been bamboozled, hoodwinked, took.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #115 posted 05/11/19 9:44pm

lust

avatar

lust said:

BartVanHemelen said:



lust said:


[Snip - luv4u]

.


How 'bout you read this thread. Start with the first post.



[Snip - luv4u]


Seriously moderator? lol

Goodness gracious!
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #116 posted 05/13/19 9:58pm

tab32792

the fact that Prince is a black man, and during that time most of his band is black and no black people are included in the film at all is an issue and the only people that seem to think it isn't are...you guessed it, white fans. that's part of the issue now. on top of the fact that the response from the director after being asked a legit question was disgusting. they also interviewed fans/podcasters but none of them are black either so yes...it is an issue.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #117 posted 05/13/19 9:58pm

tab32792

and is this dvd being sold? if so then asking for money when being interviewed is not a wild idea. and i find it hard to believe that only the black people asked for money. that's bullshit

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #118 posted 05/13/19 10:33pm

BartVanHemelen

avatar

tab32792 said:

the fact that Prince is a black man, and during that time most of his band is black and no black people are included in the film at all is an issue

.

They asked everyone, and the only one to reply asked an absurd amount of money. AS I HAVE ALREADY POSTED BEFORE.

.

Blame the people who didn't reply and the one who asked for an absurd amount of money.

.

on top of the fact that the response from the director after being asked a legit question was disgusting.

.

Ah yes, him stating the facts was insulting.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #119 posted 05/13/19 10:34pm

BartVanHemelen

avatar

tab32792 said:

and is this dvd being sold? if so then asking for money when being interviewed is not a wild idea.

.

Askign for an ABSURD amount is.

.

and i find it hard to believe that only the black people asked for money. that's bullshit

.

No, that's not what he said. Look at you making up lies to avoid admitting the truth.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > German Blu-ray of the Sign O' The Times movie to include new 90 minute documentary "Prince - The Peach & Black Times"