independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 22nd Jul 2019 1:42am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Stunned and sad
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/04/18 5:30pm

prodigalfan

avatar

Stunned and sad

As much as I believe that Prince loved and honored his music above the commercialism of the music industry, I was pretty sad to hear a television commercial for capital one credit and they were using “Let’s Go Crazy” as a back drop


Not an instrumental... They used his voice... his recording.




As much as that man did not want his videos to even be played on MTV...

😢
"Remember, one man's filler is another man's killer" -- Haystack
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/04/18 5:31pm

onlyforaminute

Been there, done that.

Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/04/18 5:34pm

prodigalfan

avatar

I didn’t know.

I guess Prince Spaghetti can finally make that commercial.

😭
"Remember, one man's filler is another man's killer" -- Haystack
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/04/18 5:42pm

jennalynn

prodigalfan said:

I didn’t know. I guess Prince Spaghetti can finally make that commercial. 😭

Nah Prince spaghetti would still have to try to yeet past the lawyers and all that ;-;

Apparently Prince never saw it before it was pulled, so he never really had much of a decision in that bit, it was the law people that pulled it

~everything is a prince reference~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/04/18 6:04pm

PeteSilas

jennalynn said:

prodigalfan said:

I didn’t know. I guess Prince Spaghetti can finally make that commercial. 😭

Nah Prince spaghetti would still have to try to yeet past the lawyers and all that ;-;

Apparently Prince never saw it before it was pulled, so he never really had much of a decision in that bit, it was the law people that pulled it

naw, that had P's fingerprints all over it, he's not alone, Springsteen took his work seriously too.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/04/18 6:34pm

SoulAlive

I agree,it’s disappointing to see Prince’s music being used this way but let’s be honest....the estate needs to keep money coming in.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/04/18 6:55pm

TwiliteKid

avatar

prodigalfan said:

As much as I believe that Prince loved and honored his music above the commercialism of the music industry, I was pretty sad to hear a television commercial for capital one credit and they were using “Let’s Go Crazy” as a back drop


Not an instrumental... They used his voice... his recording.




As much as that man did not want his videos to even be played on MTV...

😢


When did he say he didn’t want his videos on MTV?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/04/18 6:57pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Capitol 1 is also using MJ's and Whitney's music.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/04/18 7:13pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

giphy.gif

http://prince.org/msg/7/456529

By the way, y'all gotta stop using catastrophic language. You're not stunned. Stunned is when you're hit by a car and your mom, who is your passenger, dies suddenly. Stunned is when you realize your daughter was raped by your brother for the first six years of her life. Not when Capital One uses "Let's Go Crazy" in an ad. Where were y'all when MJ must started showing up in ads? Or Whitney? Jackson 5, with the lyrics changed for a medication?

Just balance, ya know? Just sayin'.

[Edited 10/4/18 19:15pm]

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 10/04/18 7:44pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

Where were y'all when MJ must started showing up in ads? Or Whitney?


Right, I was going to point out they Capital One use Michael Jacksons and Whitneys music too.

Personally I have no problem with their music being used. But that doesn't mean I care for the commercials. Some commercials get it right some dont
Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/04/18 7:51pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

At least it's not for those gawdawful perscription medication commercials...

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 10/04/18 8:12pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

At least it's not for those gawdawful perscription medication commercials...



Those are the worst lol
I seen a new one today sigh I think it was the jacson 5 : ABC.
Taking the pills are easy as 123
Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 10/04/18 8:40pm

Krystalkisses

avatar

PennyPurple said:

Capitol 1 is also using MJ's and Whitney's music.



I noticed that too.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 10/04/18 9:03pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

FragileUndertow said:

purplethunder3121 said:

At least it's not for those gawdawful perscription medication commercials...

Those are the worst lol I seen a new one today sigh I think it was the jacson 5 : ABC. Taking the pills are easy as 123


Yep, that's the one I was referencing earlier. There's another by some early 80s new wave group I think where the lyrics were also changed to fit the product. That is 100% worse than just using a 30-second piece of a song in a credit card ad.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 10/05/18 9:29am

Graycap23

avatar

Those days R OVA

Time 2 move on

I dig a commercial.......

with some Purple filled songs

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 10/05/18 9:38am

rdhull

avatar

lol lol lol lol

TrivialPursuit said:

giphy.gif


c'mon baby, where's ya guts?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 10/05/18 10:29am

luvsexy4all

cant they make enough money with JUST releasing vault tracks ....live , studio , rehearsals. and NOT this cheesy commercial stuff???? if they flooded the market ????

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Stunned and sad