independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > PRINCE OFFICIAL YOUTUBE
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #120 posted 12/08/17 10:57am

dodger

databank said:



paisleypark4 said:




Dibblekins said:




I disagree that 'The Undertaker' film clips couldn't qualify as music videos.
.
Clips from Three Chains of Gold' have been employed as official music videos; in fact for some of the songs being put up by the Prince YT account aren't accompanied by a 'proper' video at all ('Question of U'; 'Pink Cashmere').


.
I do agree with Databank that showing every song / clip from the various films Prince made might mean a potential loss of income (because why buy an official release if it can just be seen on YT). To that end, I think showing one or two clips (for want of a better word) from these films would be a way to whet the viewer's appetite and tempt them to shell out for the whole thing. And to THAT end, I say, 'Put up the 1993 Bambi'! biggrin
.
In the meantime, who owns the official 'Empty Room' video? I'd love to see that in better quality!




NPG / Estate owns Empty Room since it was released on his website independently.



The Empty Room video was never officially made available as far I know.



I first seen the Empty Room video, the last in a sequence with 18 & Over and Zannalee, on the big screen before a Gold tour show. Was mesmerised. Be great to see in high quality but doubt it will happen soon
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #121 posted 12/08/17 11:06am

databank

avatar

dodger said:

databank said:

The Empty Room video was never officially made available as far I know.

I first seen the Empty Room video, the last in a sequence with 18 & Over and Zannalee, on the big screen before a Gold tour show. Was mesmerised. Be great to see in high quality but doubt it will happen soon

It doesn't count as an official release/broadcast/stream, or then every live show would be considered an official live release. It's like a white label being played in a club. To be considered a release/broadcast/stream, a recording/video has to have been recorded and made available to a mass audience, as opposed to a group of people gathered in a single venue. I agree that there are ambiguities when it comes to, for example, CD's sold only at concerts that are nevertheless considered releases, but we have to draw a line somewhere, and traditionally that's where the line has been drawn.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #122 posted 12/08/17 11:12am

dodger

databank said:



dodger said:


databank said:


The Empty Room video was never officially made available as far I know.



I first seen the Empty Room video, the last in a sequence with 18 & Over and Zannalee, on the big screen before a Gold tour show. Was mesmerised. Be great to see in high quality but doubt it will happen soon

It doesn't count as an official release/broadcast/stream, or then every live show would be considered an official live release. It's like a white label being played in a club. To be considered a release/broadcast/stream, a recording/video has to have been recorded and made available to a mass audience, as opposed to a group of people gathered in a single venue. I agree that there are ambiguities when it comes to, for example, CD's sold only at concerts that are nevertheless considered releases, but we have to draw a line somewhere, and traditionally that's where the line has been drawn.



Yes, in this case of Empty Room it’s clearly not classed as an official release as obviously it was never released by WB.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #123 posted 12/08/17 11:20am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

The Most Beautiful GIrl in the World is up!

I stand with Ben and the Moderators!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #124 posted 12/08/17 11:36am

Apollo85

I guess we're not getting "The Continental" music video. cry cry cry

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #125 posted 12/08/17 11:37am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Apollo85 said:

I guess we're not getting "The Continental" music video. cry cry cry

i think we will... I used to know someone that is in it!

I stand with Ben and the Moderators!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #126 posted 12/08/17 11:41am

renfield

avatar

Glad they posted TMBGITW. It was one of his biggest hits and the song a younger generation best knows him for, but it's been so inaccessible for casual fans ever since it came out. I understand all the contractual wrangling but it's still insane that song has never appeared on a greatest hits album.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #127 posted 12/08/17 1:06pm

sexton

avatar

I didn't expect to see "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" on the YouTube channel since the single version has never appeared on any Warner Bros. release ever. I suppose this means they have the entire Beautiful Experience movie in their vault too.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #128 posted 12/08/17 1:18pm

dodger

sexton said:

I didn't expect to see "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" on the YouTube channel since the single version has never appeared on any Warner Bros. release ever. I suppose this means they have the entire Beautiful Experience movie in their vault too.



Yes, I was about to say this. I know we're splitting hairs as there's not a big difference but as you say this video version is different to the TGE version so makes you wonder what else WB may release...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #129 posted 12/08/17 7:35pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

The Most Beautiful GIrl in the World is up!


And the cloud bass makes an appearance. It was previously seen in "My Name Is Prince" and "Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad" videos (the latter played by Andre Cymone) - for those that don't know.
You can see it more clearly (just a flash) just before the break around 3:35 or after I think.

Anyone ever think Nona is giving some Whitney vibe in the POTUS section near the end?

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #130 posted 12/09/17 3:17am

dodger

TrivialPursuit said:



OnlyNDaUsa said:


The Most Beautiful GIrl in the World is up!




And the cloud bass makes an appearance. It was previously seen in "My Name Is Prince" and "Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad" videos (the latter played by Andre Cymone) - for those that don't know.
You can see it more clearly (just a flash) just before the break around 3:35 or after I think.

Anyone ever think Nona is giving some Whitney vibe in the POTUS section near the end?



Yes, I thought it was Whitney on first viewing.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #131 posted 12/09/17 6:47am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

The Most Beautiful GIrl in the World is up!


And the cloud bass makes an appearance. It was previously seen in "My Name Is Prince" and "Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad" videos (the latter played by Andre Cymone) - for those that don't know.
You can see it more clearly (just a flash) just before the break around 3:35 or after I think.

Anyone ever think Nona is giving some Whitney vibe in the POTUS section near the end?

and in the Full Band version of "I Wanna Be Your Lover"


and from MNIP at 3:35


MNIP_Coould_bass_335.jpg

[Edited 12/9/17 7:05am]

I stand with Ben and the Moderators!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #132 posted 12/09/17 10:02am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

and in the Full Band version of "I Wanna Be Your Lover"


and from MNIP at 3:35


MNIP_Coould_bass_335.jpg

[Edited 12/9/17 7:05am]


I thought about that one, but didn't wanna dig it up to check. I figured there was a decent chance of it being in IWBYL.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #133 posted 12/09/17 10:25am

luvsexy4all

remember on mtv they announced he was doing a video for Strange Relationship?? did he ever make it

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #134 posted 12/15/17 12:00pm

feeluupp

So today THE GREATEST ROMANCE EVER SOLD was just uploaded... Seems they skipped ALOT of vids...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #135 posted 12/15/17 12:23pm

JudasSmile

avatar

Interesting how it is from a non-WB album. Makes one hope for later videos like Black Sweat and less well-known ones such as The Daisy Chain.

U been bamboozled, hoodwinked, took.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #136 posted 12/15/17 12:37pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

JudasSmile said:

Interesting how it is from a non-WB album. Makes one hope for later videos like Black Sweat and less well-known ones such as The Daisy Chain.

that was my first thought too... wow... i hope a deal was made for them all

I stand with Ben and the Moderators!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #137 posted 12/15/17 4:46pm

databank

avatar

^ It's not about a deal really: it's the PRINCE channel not the WB channel. Sharon said at first it would be only WB videos but it probably meant they had asked WB to take care of it (which is free promo for the WB albums) but it seems the estate has now taken over, which is great newsz: obviously we'll have all the vids more or less on the long run biggrin

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #138 posted 12/15/17 4:58pm

OperatingTheta
n

I'm really hoping for the 'Hot Wit U (Nasty girl remix)' video now. I only ever saw that in poor quality but it was suitably seductive.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #139 posted 12/15/17 5:00pm

databank

avatar

OperatingThetan said:

I'm really hoping for the 'Hot Wit U (Nasty girl remix)' video now. I only ever saw that in poor quality but it was suitably seductive.

Damn you are SOOOOOOOOOOOO right!!! That shit rocked and since it was only on the prehistoric website I don't think ANYONE ever saw it in good quality!!!!!!!!!

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #140 posted 12/15/17 6:27pm

PurpleYoda3121

TGRES being on Youtube surely means that all of the videos will be on Youtube at some point!

U fall in love 2 fast and hate 2 soon
And take 4 granted the feeling’s mutual
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #141 posted 12/15/17 6:56pm

databank

avatar

PurpleYoda3121 said:

TGRES being on Youtube surely means that all of the videos will be on Youtube tomorrow... next week... month... year...er... eventua... at some point!

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #142 posted 12/15/17 9:11pm

206Michelle

So I just saw that "The Greatest Romance Ever Sold" is now on YouTube. I've never seen the whole video. I'm not really in the mood for hearing this song write now, but I was surprised to see it because I thought WB was running the YouTube channel. Maybe it's NPG Music running the YouTube channel.

Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #143 posted 12/16/17 1:50pm

LRCdancer88

avatar

He is a seriously sexy MF in TGRES. Good lord. faint

Admission is easy, just say you believe and come to this place in your heart... <3
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #144 posted 12/21/17 1:34pm

sexton

avatar

databank said:

^ It's not about a deal really: it's the PRINCE channel not the WB channel. Sharon said at first it would be only WB videos but it probably meant they had asked WB to take care of it (which is free promo for the WB albums) but it seems the estate has now taken over, which is great newsz: obviously we'll have all the vids more or less on the long run biggrin


Clearly many of us misinterpreted what Sharon said. It's nice to know this channel can be an all-encompassing collection regardless of recording labels--something never done with Prince's audio compilations to date

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #145 posted 12/22/17 9:05am

bobgeorge2

Call my name now added.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #146 posted 12/22/17 9:49am

PurpleYoda3121

I'd never seen Call My Name before... wow!! <3
U fall in love 2 fast and hate 2 soon
And take 4 granted the feeling’s mutual
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #147 posted 12/22/17 11:55am

laurarichardso
n

sexton said:

databank said:

^ It's not about a deal really: it's the PRINCE channel not the WB channel. Sharon said at first it would be only WB videos but it probably meant they had asked WB to take care of it (which is free promo for the WB albums) but it seems the estate has now taken over, which is great newsz: obviously we'll have all the vids more or less on the long run biggrin


Clearly many of us misinterpreted what Sharon said. It's nice to know this channel can be an all-encompassing collection regardless of recording labels--something never done with Prince's audio compilations to date

No one misinterpreted what she said. She simply has no idea about anything. She does not attend the bi-montly meetings so why would she know anything.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #148 posted 12/22/17 11:57am

laurarichardso
n

renfield said:

Glad they posted TMBGITW. It was one of his biggest hits and the song a younger generation best knows him for, but it's been so inaccessible for casual fans ever since it came out. I understand all the contractual wrangling but it's still insane that song has never appeared on a greatest hits album.

Remember there is a lawsuit pending in Itlay so no one was pressed to make song avalible.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #149 posted 12/22/17 12:41pm

databank

avatar

laurarichardson said:

renfield said:

Glad they posted TMBGITW. It was one of his biggest hits and the song a younger generation best knows him for, but it's been so inaccessible for casual fans ever since it came out. I understand all the contractual wrangling but it's still insane that song has never appeared on a greatest hits album.

Remember there is a lawsuit pending in Itlay so no one was pressed to make song avalible.

As often, I fail to see the "if A is true and B is true, then C is true" logic in your reasoning. TMBGITW was the first non-WB song to be posted, so why bring up that lawsuit and why say they were not in a hurry to make the song available? Please clarify your reasoning explicitely.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > PRINCE OFFICIAL YOUTUBE