independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > PURPLE RAIN DELUXE SALES/CHART UPDATES
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 11 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 06/29/17 9:01pm

alandail

feeluupp said:

Currently #32 on U.S. iTUNES.

Will post the totoal first week U.S. sales tmrw.

Still #1 on Amazon

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 06/29/17 9:10pm

controversy99

avatar

RODSERLING said:

SchlomoThaHomo said:

Didn't think it would flop so hard. If PR won't sell, none of the others will. I wonder if new vault albums would fare better than remaster projects.

Knowing that HNR2 released one week after his death sold about 60.000 ex worldwide, I don't think so.

.

What does this comment mean? HNR2 was released when he was alive. I must be missing something.

"Love & honesty, peace & harmony"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 06/29/17 9:14pm

feeluupp

controversy99 said:

RODSERLING said:

Knowing that HNR2 released one week after his death sold about 60.000 ex worldwide, I don't think so.

.

What does this comment mean? HNR2 was released when he was alive. I must be missing something.

I think he got confused... HNR2 surged up the charts to #3 the week after his death and to this date it sold 60,000 in the U.S. alone.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 06/29/17 9:19pm

feeluupp

BTW PRINCE4EVER was recently certified GOLD in the U.K. selling over 100,000 copies in the U.K. alone...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 06/29/17 11:43pm

RODSERLING

feeluupp said:

controversy99 said:

.

What does this comment mean? HNR2 was released when he was alive. I must be missing something.

I think he got confused... HNR2 surged up the charts to #3 the week after his death and to this date it sold 60,000 in the U.S. alone.

I'm not confused at all, you know well that HNR peaked at #40 in the US with something like 8000 ex in the first week in may 2016, and spent something like 3 weeks in the top 200...

[Edited 6/29/17 23:46pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 06/29/17 11:45pm

RODSERLING

controversy99 said:

RODSERLING said:

Knowing that HNR2 released one week after his death sold about 60.000 ex worldwide, I don't think so.

.

What does this comment mean? HNR2 was released when he was alive. I must be missing something.

It was released physically in stores the week after his death. Nobody bought it on Tidal, it never made the top 200 before...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 06/29/17 11:53pm

RODSERLING

djThunderfunk said:

RODSERLING said:

WB won't re-release other albums from Prince.


In January you were pretty sure this one wouldn't come out, and it did, so, we'll see.

I'm sorry but WB announced 2 new album's worth and 2 concerts in dvd/blu ray...

This release has been canceled for at least his half part, knowing that Live in Syracuse was already released 32 years ago...

.

Moreover, it was announced that the unreleased stuff came directly from the vault, which was not believable at all. I must confess I ignored they had some stuff that Prince gave them at the time.

.

My theory was that Prince never allowed them to release unreleased stuff (which was true), and they were stuck because of their non access to the vault (which was true), and then later it was reinforced because the estate signed with Universal. Now they signed with Spotify or something to release the 1st avenue concert, which was supposed to be on PR deluxe, as the most appealing thing. That's why they scrapped the promotion.

.

Eventually, one of this record company had to give up the rights. I would have never believed the Uni contract was made by such incompetent people...Who would have thought that ? That is something never seen before !

[Edited 6/29/17 23:57pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 06/29/17 11:55pm

RODSERLING

Prince is now at #7 in the midweek charts, with about 9000 copies, selling less than 100 copies tuesday :-

99 % of the sales were made the 1st day of release, thanks to preorder.

Ok Computer sold 3 times more

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 06/30/17 2:38am

laurarichardso
n

RODSERLING said:



djThunderfunk said:




RODSERLING said:



WB won't re-release other albums from Prince.


In January you were pretty sure this one wouldn't come out, and it did, so, we'll see.



I'm sorry but WB announced 2 new album's worth and 2 concerts in dvd/blu ray...


This release has been canceled for at least his half part, knowing that Live in Syracuse was already released 32 years ago...


.


Moreover, it was announced that the unreleased stuff came directly from the vault, which was not believable at all. I must confess I ignored they had some stuff that Prince gave them at the time.


.


My theory was that Prince never allowed them to release unreleased stuff (which was true), and they were stuck because of their non access to the vault (which was true), and then later it was reinforced because the estate signed with Universal. Now they signed with Spotify or something to release the 1st avenue concert, which was supposed to be on PR deluxe, as the most appealing thing. That's why they scrapped the promotion.


.


Eventually, one of this record company had to give up the rights. I would have never believed the Uni contract was made by such incompetent people...Who would have thought that ? That is something never seen before !

[Edited 6/29/17 23:57pm]


--Lonnie is greedy and greed is what caused all of this to happen. Prince had contracts in place greed made a lawyer try to break those contracts.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 06/30/17 5:07am

feeluupp

RODSERLING said:

feeluupp said:

I think he got confused... HNR2 surged up the charts to #3 the week after his death and to this date it sold 60,000 in the U.S. alone.

I'm not confused at all, you know well that HNR peaked at #40 in the US with something like 8000 ex in the first week in may 2016, and spent something like 3 weeks in the top 200...

[Edited 6/29/17 23:46pm]

HNR2 peaked at #3 in the U.S. after he died ROD. CHECK YOUR FACTS.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 06/30/17 5:11am

feeluupp

RODSERLING said:

feeluupp said:

I think he got confused... HNR2 surged up the charts to #3 the week after his death and to this date it sold 60,000 in the U.S. alone.

I'm not confused at all, you know well that HNR peaked at #40 in the US with something like 8000 ex in the first week in may 2016, and spent something like 3 weeks in the top 200...

[Edited 6/29/17 23:46pm]

The album has sold 57,000 copies in the USA as of November 2016.[20]

[Edited 6/30/17 5:13am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 06/30/17 6:26am

RODSERLING

feeluupp said:

RODSERLING said:

I'm not confused at all, you know well that HNR peaked at #40 in the US with something like 8000 ex in the first week in may 2016, and spent something like 3 weeks in the top 200...

[Edited 6/29/17 23:46pm]

HNR2 peaked at #3 in the U.S. after he died ROD. CHECK YOUR FACTS.

Now, Feeluup lol, check Your facts, it peaked at #40 in the US :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hit_n_Run_Phase_One

.

I defy you to give us one source of what you're saying.

.

Good luck

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 06/30/17 6:29am

RODSERLING

feeluupp said:

RODSERLING said:

I'm not confused at all, you know well that HNR peaked at #40 in the US with something like 8000 ex in the first week in may 2016, and spent something like 3 weeks in the top 200...

[Edited 6/29/17 23:46pm]

The album has sold 57,000 copies in the USA as of November 2016.[20]

[Edited 6/30/17 5:13am]

lol are you drunk ? your link is about 4EVER, Feeluup..

.

HNR2 isn't 4EVER. HNR2 sold maybe 30.000 in the US as of now.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #103 posted 06/30/17 6:41am

alandail

RODSERLING said:



feeluupp said:




RODSERLING said:



I'm not confused at all, you know well that HNR peaked at #40 in the US with something like 8000 ex in the first week in may 2016, and spent something like 3 weeks in the top 200...


[Edited 6/29/17 23:46pm]




HNR2 peaked at #3 in the U.S. after he died ROD. CHECK YOUR FACTS.



Now, Feeluup lol, check Your facts, it peaked at #40 in the US :


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hit_n_Run_Phase_One


.


I defy you to give us one source of what you're saying.


.


Good luck



You gave the link to phase 1, check the same source for phase 2
[Edited 6/30/17 6:41am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #104 posted 06/30/17 7:07am

renfield

avatar

HNR2 was released physically in December 2015. I know, because I had a copy of it then...ordered it through Elecrtic Fetus. It had a staggered, non-promoted release to Tidal and retail and thus never charted. Following his death it entered the BB200 then moved to number 40 the following week (the first full week of sales after he passed). No one in this thread has been completely correct about this release.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #105 posted 06/30/17 8:53am

RODSERLING

alandail said:

RODSERLING said:

Now, Feeluup lol, check Your facts, it peaked at #40 in the US :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hit_n_Run_Phase_One

.

I defy you to give us one source of what you're saying.

.

Good luck

You gave the link to phase 1, check the same source for phase 2 [Edited 6/30/17 6:41am]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hit_n_Run_Phase_Two : #40.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #106 posted 06/30/17 10:16am

feeluupp

ROD I'm beginning to think you're just a troll. Ever since you joined this site... Your only posts have ever been about how Prince doesn't sell anywhere besides the U.S.

1. PRINCE 4EVER has been certified GOLD in the U.K. with over 100,000 copies sold alone.

2. HitnRun Phase Two peaked at #40 and has sold 57,000 copies in the U.S. as of November 2016.

3. HitnRun Phase Two was released before his death on TIDAL it was released in December 12, 2015, and a world wide physical release May 6 2016, after his death.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #107 posted 06/30/17 10:23am

LondonIrish197
0

It is an official new entry on the just published new top 40 at no.7.

http://www.officialcharts...et__19544/
[Edited 6/30/17 10:24am]
[Edited 6/30/17 10:25am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #108 posted 06/30/17 10:26am

feeluupp

LondonIrish1970 said:

It is an official new entry on the just published new top 40 at no.7. http://www.officialcharts...et__19544/ [Edited 6/30/17 10:24am] [Edited 6/30/17 10:25am]

Thank you for sharing. So first week sales PR DELUXE debuts at #7 on the U.K. charts.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #109 posted 06/30/17 1:09pm

thedance

avatar

"Purple Rain Deluxe" at number 7. woot!


Not bad at all...... cool cool cool cool cool

Prince 4Ever. heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #110 posted 06/30/17 5:38pm

feeluupp

U.S. charts will be released tmrw... Total World Wide sales will be released in a few days...

So far the 1st week debut for PR DELUXE are:

U.S. - (To Be Announced)

U.K. - #7

HOLLAND - #3

BELGIUM - #4

GERMANY - #18

... if anybody has any other debuts from other countries please share.

[Edited 7/1/17 11:07am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #111 posted 06/30/17 8:06pm

luvgirl

This is looking good, yes? beg
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #112 posted 07/01/17 10:30am

linus4000

avatar

New entry in germany at # 18....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #113 posted 07/01/17 11:07am

feeluupp

linus4000 said:

New entry in germany at # 18....

Thanks I'll add it to the list...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #114 posted 07/01/17 11:12am

TKO

avatar

UK

#7 (10,203 sales)

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #115 posted 07/01/17 11:13am

TKO

avatar

Some US totals

4EVER - Prince ( 137,000 )

THE VERY BEST OF - Prince ( 2,793,000 )

PURPLE RAIN - Prince & the Revolution ( 3,606,000 )

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #116 posted 07/01/17 12:29pm

gandorb

feeluupp said:

U.S. charts will be released tmrw... Total World Wide sales will be released in a few days...

So far the 1st week debut for PR DELUXE are:

U.S. - (To Be Announced)

U.K. - #7

HOLLAND - #3

BELGIUM - #4

GERMANY - #18

... if anybody has any other debuts from other countries please share.

[Edited 7/1/17 11:07am]

Holland has always been there for Prince!!!!! And lots of other non-conformists cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #117 posted 07/01/17 12:30pm

feeluupp

TKO said:

Some US totals

4EVER - Prince ( 137,000 )

THE VERY BEST OF - Prince ( 2,793,000 )

PURPLE RAIN - Prince & the Revolution ( 3,606,000 )

Total sales for what? Sources?? But thanks for the info.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #118 posted 07/02/17 7:16am

luvgirl

gandorb said:



feeluupp said:


U.S. charts will be released tmrw... Total World Wide sales will be released in a few days...






So far the 1st week debut for PR DELUXE are:






U.S. - (To Be Announced)


U.K. - #7


HOLLAND - #3


BELGIUM - #4


GERMANY - #18







... if anybody has any other debuts from other countries please share.


[Edited 7/1/17 11:07am]



Holland has always been there for Prince!!!!! And lots of other non-conformists cool



Go Holland! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #119 posted 07/02/17 9:49am

alandail

Still #1 on Amazon (updated hourly)

Now #17 for the year on Amazon (update daily)

If it stays near the top for 9 more days, it should sell quite a few on Amazon Prime day.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 11 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > PURPLE RAIN DELUXE SALES/CHART UPDATES