independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Roman Abramovich
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 3 <123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 05/20/17 3:56pm

HerecomethePur
pleYoda

panpac777 said:

I don't know if this has been talked about.

I am not on this site often enough to keep up.

Just that busy.

but I ask this as sincerely as I can.

Does anyone know why other than "anything for money"

Prince and other celebrities perform for evil rich russian olegarks?

I am just looking for a sensible anwer to understand why a man I

respected all my life would sell his soul (When he is JW) to someone like that?

I don't get it. It's apparently past my relm of understanding.

His last new years eve gig in St Barts for this guy Roman Abramovich.

And then he is gone in April right before it all happens.

"Communism is just a word. But if the Government turn over,

it'll be the

only word that's heard!"

Why did the gates of hell open up after his death?

At least for this country anyway?

It's just weird how it all started. The timing.

Something in the water does not compute.

I dunno, life's a bitch!

Anyway.....

its past my head.

I guess money is money. Especially when its your last bow. The night is over.

masquerade is getting older. last curtain call.

It didn't matter yesterday.

So why did it matter on his last new years eve?

I don't know. I just have not figured this one out yet.

I am not putting judge on Prince. I am just trying to understand.

I get the need for money. But when it puts you in danger.....russians and Bannon/Sessions (KKK) vs

Black Lives Matter (Baltimore) conflict.

Just trying way too much to figure it all out.

He performed for these rich billionaires back in the 90's with the NPG and

I just never really thought about who he was doing private gigs for.

Read like lyrics 2 a unreleased song called "Roman Abramovich"

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 05/20/17 3:57pm

fortuneandsere
ndipity

rdhull said:

So now it was the Russians who killed him.


If you believe OliviaCamron and the nutjob theory that Abramovich took out his anger from Chelsea having a bad premier league season on a musician who just happened to play on his boat for his and others' entertainment. Then yes.


But remember there were others on that boat too around new year... and if Paul McCartney had been nabbed instead he would have been a bigger fish, commercially and financially. Makes no sense then... unless one is mental confused



  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 05/20/17 4:52pm

laurarichardso
n

lemoncrush19 said:

well ... let's assume the worst case and roman abramovich really is a bad guy (which, I guess, no one of us knows and isn't our place to judge) ... then in that worst case scenario prince took 5 million of his dirty $ for playing a gig he would have been playing anyway (cuz he always did somewhere on new years eve but chances are he wouldn't have earned that much) and eventually gave it to one of his charities (cuz that's what he actually did with all that extra cash he got as we know) ... not the worst thing in the world, isn't it? wink

No it is not if you are a right thinking person.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 05/20/17 5:11pm

rdhull

avatar

He died of an accidental overdose aka mislabeled rx damn it


,
[Edited 5/20/17 17:34pm]
"Climb in my fur."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 05/20/17 5:28pm

Militant

avatar

moderator

It all balances out.

Charge a billionaire a million dollars for a show, charge your real fans £10 to see you in London!

(Yep.....that's how much I paid to see Prince play Shepherd's Bush Empire in 2014!!!! I've paid more than that for a sandwich!)

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 05/20/17 6:22pm

SquirrelMeat

avatar

This place is getting worse that the National Enquirer.

.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 05/20/17 7:45pm

Lovejunky

double post

[Edited 5/20/17 19:48pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 05/21/17 1:39am

lemoncrush19

avatar

laurarichardson said:

lemoncrush19 said:

well ... let's assume the worst case and roman abramovich really is a bad guy (which, I guess, no one of us knows and isn't our place to judge) ... then in that worst case scenario prince took 5 million of his dirty $ for playing a gig he would have been playing anyway (cuz he always did somewhere on new years eve but chances are he wouldn't have earned that much) and eventually gave it to one of his charities (cuz that's what he actually did with all that extra cash he got as we know) ... not the worst thing in the world, isn't it? wink

No it is not if you are a right thinking person.


oh c'mon gimme a break laurarichardson ... u think u have the right answer to pretty much everything, no?
guess what? u don't (like anybody else btw). u just have an opinion. well it's not always the most educated one but it's yours and that'ts fine (I wish u would always state it like that but that's just my opinion).

the only love there is is the love we make heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 05/21/17 3:32am

jaawwnn

avatar

laytonian said:

.
...or wrong for him to play for Verizon at the Hollywood Roosevelt in 2007? Good article here:
https://mobile.nytimes.co...price.html
.
Face it, most of the uber wealthy (and I put P among them) are smarter, better educated, have inborn talent and influences, or just work harder than the rest of us.
I'm not jealous and I don't think most are bad.
Warren Buffett and Bill Gates have given away most of their fortunes.
.
I almost wonder if Abromavich paid P by giving him that house in Turks and Caicos, which he came into shortly after that 2009'concert.
That home could be a tricky way of keeping income out of the country and away from the tax man.
We know they are looking for his financials across the world.
.

lol lol lol
Oh man
[Edited 5/24/17 14:28pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 05/21/17 3:56pm

laurarichardso
n

lemoncrush19 said:

laurarichardson said:

No it is not if you are a right thinking person.


oh c'mon gimme a break laurarichardson ... u think u have the right answer to pretty much everything, no?
guess what? u don't (like anybody else btw). u just have an opinion. well it's not always the most educated one but it's yours and that'ts fine (I wish u would always state it like that but that's just my opinion).

If I have to announce that things I type on this board are my opinon what does that say about the person reading my comments. doh!

Also I have links for somethings I post so those are not my opinion. Carry on with your foolishness.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 05/21/17 11:39pm

Rebeljuice

It's not about the money. It is a fact that after seeing a Prince concert one is unable to concentrate on their job for several months afterwards. Rather than focusing on the job at hand, all one wants to do is talk about how great the funk was. We've all been there.

Prince did us all a favour. Last season Chelsea were shit and the world rejoiced. Mourinho was sacked and no one was particularly saddened by that. What really happened was the players saw Prince and the day job was secondary for the rest of the season.

Now look what has happened this season - Chelsea ran away with the premiership. Why? Because Prince wasn't here to get them so funked up that the only dribbling they were capable of was the type that involved saliva.

Let us rejoice in the debacle that was Chelsea last season and thank Prince for reigning down the funk and bringing mediocrity to the Bridge. So what if Abramovich is a tool.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 05/22/17 4:36am

databank

avatar

What about Roman Nekoboh?

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 05/22/17 4:58am

Laydown

is that a good man walking down the street with that money in his hands is that a good man? why do u dog him? tell me if that was your father,would u dog him? Positivity

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 05/22/17 5:01am

NouveauDance

avatar

Who writes like this?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 05/22/17 4:50pm

BanishedBrian

This post clearly was written by a bitter Arsenal or Manchester United supporter. Roman's a good guy.

Now John Terry OTOH... lol

No Candy 4 Me
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 07/12/17 5:37pm

cloveringold85

avatar

MiceElfAgin said:

panpac777 said:

I don't know if this has been talked about.

I am not on this site often enough to keep up.

Just that busy.

but I ask this as sincerely as I can.

Does anyone know why other than "anything for money"

Prince and other celebrities perform for evil rich russian olegarks?

I am just looking for a sensible anwer to understand why a man I

respected all my life would sell his soul (When he is JW) to someone like that?

I don't get it. It's apparently past my relm of understanding.

His last new years eve gig in St Barts for this guy Roman Abramovich.

And then he is gone in April right before it all happens.

"Communism is just a word. But if the Government turn over,

it'll be the

only word that's heard!"

Why did the gates of hell open up after his death?

At least for this country anyway?

It's just weird how it all started. The timing.

Something in the water does not compute.

I dunno, life's a bitch!

Anyway.....

its past my head.

I guess money is money. Especially when its your last bow. The night is over.

masquerade is getting older. last curtain call.

It didn't matter yesterday.

So why did it matter on his last new years eve?

I don't know. I just have not figured this one out yet.

I am not putting judge on Prince. I am just trying to understand.

I get the need for money. But when it puts you in danger.....russians and Bannon/Sessions (KKK) vs

Black Lives Matter (Baltimore) conflict.

Just trying way too much to figure it all out.

He performed for these rich billionaires back in the 90's with the NPG and

I just never really thought about who he was doing private gigs for.

.
I'm with you.

There was a thread a while ago: "what was the biggest WTF-moment for you in Prince's career?" – or something like this.

I said it then: "playing for Abramovich" and I was serious. I'm fine with the name change or anything like that. But playing for the type of guy this Abramovich is, is really something I won't understand.

.

Wow, this thread is from a while ago, but I agree; when I heard that Prince played a private party for this wealthy Russian dude in St. Barts, I was like, oh okay; cool.....but when I read more info about this guy, I was like, huh? Why would Prince even associate with these people? There is a lot of info on this guy; too much to write about here, but he's a shady character, to say the least. The story is very complicated, but this Roman guy is friends Putin. It is my understanding that Prince was supporting peace efforts in Russia, and was supporting green energy, probably pissed some Russian's off, I dunno (Russians are big into gas/oil). I say, do not piss off the Russians; they are not one's to be played with. eek

.

[Edited 7/12/17 17:45pm]

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 07/12/17 5:42pm

morningsong

panpac777 said:

I don't know if this has been talked about.

I am not on this site often enough to keep up.

Just that busy.

but I ask this as sincerely as I can.

Does anyone know why other than "anything for money"

Prince and other celebrities perform for evil rich russian olegarks?

I am just looking for a sensible anwer to understand why a man I

respected all my life would sell his soul (When he is JW) to someone like that?

I don't get it. It's apparently past my relm of understanding.

His last new years eve gig in St Barts for this guy Roman Abramovich.

And then he is gone in April right before it all happens.

"Communism is just a word. But if the Government turn over,

it'll be the

only word that's heard!"

Why did the gates of hell open up after his death?

At least for this country anyway?

It's just weird how it all started. The timing.

Something in the water does not compute.

I dunno, life's a bitch!

Anyway.....

its past my head.

I guess money is money. Especially when its your last bow. The night is over.

masquerade is getting older. last curtain call.

It didn't matter yesterday.

So why did it matter on his last new years eve?

I don't know. I just have not figured this one out yet.

I am not putting judge on Prince. I am just trying to understand.

I get the need for money. But when it puts you in danger.....russians and Bannon/Sessions (KKK) vs

Black Lives Matter (Baltimore) conflict.

Just trying way too much to figure it all out.

He performed for these rich billionaires back in the 90's with the NPG and

I just never really thought about who he was doing private gigs for.

[Edited 5/19/17 16:32pm]

[Edited 5/19/17 16:34pm]

[Edited 5/19/17 16:35pm]

[Edited 5/19/17 16:36pm]

[Edited 5/19/17 16:40pm]

[Edited 5/19/17 16:40pm]

[Edited 5/19/17 16:43pm]



I thought these were lyrics to some other bootleg.



  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 07/13/17 5:29am

jdcxc

Militant said:

It all balances out.



Charge a billionaire a million dollars for a show, charge your real fans £10 to see you in London!

(Yep.....that's how much I paid to see Prince play Shepherd's Bush Empire in 2014!!!! I've paid more than that for a sandwich!)



Great point! And in the end, the greatest musician of our generation, the definition of an independant artist- died with a SMALL FRACTION of the net worth of Kim Kardashian.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 07/13/17 8:33am

pricetag

From the opening sentences l thought, 'when is he going to bring the KKK into this'? I wasn't disappointed.
[Edited 7/13/17 11:30am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 07/13/17 9:19am

Mumio

avatar

laytonian said:

. Prince played many private concerts for the uber-wealthy and so do other top stars. . I'd be happy to take that money. So was he. $5 million or more for one concert? He was a businessman. He wasn't endorsing him. . If you're going to think like that, maybe you should investigate everyone who bought tickets to his concerts. . Don't forget that P was part of the .01% himself. Prince worked harder than almost anyone else to achieve his own great wealth. He ended up as wealthy as Mitt Romney, who started with a big trust fund. . .

Agree with this.

I'm not sure why anyone has an issue with this. And no, he didn't sell his soul, he was paid well to perform and did so.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 07/13/17 12:33pm

Astasheiks

avatar

jdcxc said:

Militant said:

It all balances out.

Charge a billionaire a million dollars for a show, charge your real fans £10 to see you in London!

(Yep.....that's how much I paid to see Prince play Shepherd's Bush Empire in 2014!!!! I've paid more than that for a sandwich!)

Great point! And in the end, the greatest musician of our generation, the definition of an independant artist- died with a SMALL FRACTION of the net worth of Kim Kardashian.

Where did u come up with this info? eek KK's net worth (including beauty and cat) is not worth as much as P's! eek biggrin

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/entertainment/a10288300/kim-kardashian-net-worth/

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/dl/kim-kardashian/

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 07/13/17 7:33pm

panpac777

avatar

pricetag said:

From the opening sentences l thought, 'when is he going to bring the KKK into this'? I wasn't disappointed.
[Edited 7/13/17 11:30am]

He?
Jeff Sessions
Black lives matter
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 07/13/17 7:45pm

laytonian

cloveringold85 said:

.

Why would Prince even associate with these people? There is a lot of info on this guy; too much to write about here, but he's a shady character, to say the least.

[Edited 7/12/17 17:45pm]

.

In your research, you missed the names of other famous people who attend Abromavich parties.

REMEMBER: when you play one of those (and it was strictly business), you are playing for other potential customers.

Did you really expect P to hire private investigators against everyone he did business with?
Nah wink

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 07/13/17 7:48pm

panpac777

avatar

Honestly, I should not be surprised by anything anymore.
The AmeriKKKa song lyric should be changed to
"Stupidity is just a word. But if the country turn over, it"ll B the only word that's heard".

We r so f@cked! And most don't even know it.

Anyway, my personal belief is drugs r Bullshit.
For me, the only thing that makes sense after following him all my life and what he said at the second celebration, is retirement. I am just trying to rule out the same thing happening 7 years after MJ. He was smarter than that. Propofol/fentinyl bullshit. Bullshit Or murder weapon.
It doesn't really matter, it just bugs me sometimes. It's hard to get over. Lonely monster.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 07/13/17 7:50pm

laytonian

Astasheiks said:

jdcxc said:

Militant said: Great point! And in the end, the greatest musician of our generation, the definition of an independant artist- died with a SMALL FRACTION of the net worth of Kim Kardashian.

Where did u come up with this info? eek KK's net worth (including beauty and cat) is not worth as much as P's! eek biggrin

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/entertainment/a10288300/kim-kardashian-net-worth/

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/dl/kim-kardashian/

^^^^^THIS

ALSO, think about this:

---Mitt Romney started with a multi-million dollar trust from his wealthy father and then used it to buy/gut businesses and cause thousands of job losses. His estimated net worth is $215 million (give or take 10%).

---Prince started with nothing. He was living in Bernadette's basement, mattress on the floor. His business was giving musical pleasure to millions. His estate is estimated at $200-$300 million.

Romney's one of the USA's oligarchs.

Prince is one of our best.

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 07/13/17 7:56pm

CyndiGR

$10 million to do a gig in Israel?

wow,..that's an amazing amount of money

..

how much did he get for Abramovich's party?

laurarichardson said:

MiceElfAgin said:

.
You obviously don't know much about Abramovich...

--I am not so much concerned about him but the idea that everybody that is super rich has horns growing out of their head. My guess is this guy was a fan and Prince probaly knew little about his private life or activities. I do remember someone who worked for him it might have been Van Jones who said that Prince had turned down 10 million to do a gig in Israel so he had a limit.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 07/13/17 8:42pm

pricetag

panpac777 said:

pricetag said:
From the opening sentences l thought, 'when is he going to bring the KKK into this'? I wasn't disappointed. [Edited 7/13/17 11:30am]
He? Jeff Sessions Black lives matter

I picked up a male vibe. I know I'm not wrong.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 07/13/17 8:46pm

laytonian

panpac777 said:

pricetag said:
From the opening sentences l thought, 'when is he going to bring the KKK into this'? I wasn't disappointed. [Edited 7/13/17 11:30am]
He? Jeff Sessions Black lives matter

.

You're being trolled. The first mention was KK (Kardashian). The troll changes it to "KKK" and no one noticed.

.

.

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 07/13/17 10:03pm

pricetag

laytonian said:

panpac777 said:

pricetag said: He? Jeff Sessions Black lives matter

.

You're being trolled. The first mention was KK (Kardashian). The troll changes it to "KKK" and no one noticed.

.

.

You read Kardashian amongst all that verbiage? This goes waaaaaaay deeper than I tought. Smart. Fcuk Da Police. JFK amd MLK.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 07/13/17 11:42pm

Knightoflight

SquirrelMeat said:

This place is getting worse that the National Enquirer.

smile))

I especially like these guys are judging someone they claimed thay love (especially when he is on the wrong sie of the grass)

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 3 <123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Roman Abramovich