independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 15th Oct 2019 12:20am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > People TV Show 3/21 Icons Gone Too Soon
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 3 <123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 03/16/17 3:16am

laurarichardso
n

Mumio said:



What reason does Tyka have to lie. She is getting his money either way and isn't selling a book.





yeahthat I think she knows exactly what she is saying and is sure enough of her information directly from Prince that she is coming back and repeating what she had said last fall. As in: pay attention.



--Exactly but people don't pay attention to anything. 🙄
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 03/16/17 10:29am

donnyenglish

For some reason, Tyka's words in this article gave me closure. When she says "He needed to go. He was tired" it really hit me. We can only speculate exactly what our Prince was going through, but he was fighting whatever "it" was for a long time and I'm certain that he gave everything that he had in that fight. Her words helped me stop thinking about this as a tragedy and to think about this in terms of him finally finding his way back home.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 03/16/17 4:48pm

tish9311

Mumio said:

What reason does Tyka have to lie. She is getting his money either way and isn't selling a book.


yeahthat I think she knows exactly what she is saying and is sure enough of her information directly from Prince that she is coming back and repeating what she had said last fall. As in: pay attention.


It was 2 years in 2016, so if the interview was done in 2017 it should be 3 years. I have that and her flip side interview from October. Still don't know what to believe. Just glad she is sticking with 1 story.

Beautiful, Loved and Blessed

Thank You Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 03/16/17 5:11pm

morningsong

tish9311 said:

Mumio said:


yeahthat I think she knows exactly what she is saying and is sure enough of her information directly from Prince that she is coming back and repeating what she had said last fall. As in: pay attention.


It was 2 years in 2016, so if the interview was done in 2017 it should be 3 years. I have that and her flip side interview from October. Still don't know what to believe. Just glad she is sticking with 1 story.



All the arguing trying to make Tyka look bad when folks seem incapable of doing simple basic addition, do they really know how it makes them look?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 03/16/17 8:08pm

Kara

avatar

“He needed to go. He was tired,” she says.

sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 03/16/17 9:40pm

PurpleDiamonds
1

He did not look tired in the video on stage at the Chanhassan theater... And he played so good at the piano and mic shows hmmm
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 03/17/17 2:26am

laurarichardso
n

morningsong said:



tish9311 said:




Mumio said:




yeahthat I think she knows exactly what she is saying and is sure enough of her information directly from Prince that she is coming back and repeating what she had said last fall. As in: pay attention.




It was 2 years in 2016, so if the interview was done in 2017 it should be 3 years. I have that and her flip side interview from October. Still don't know what to believe. Just glad she is sticking with 1 story.





All the arguing trying to make Tyka look bad when folks seem incapable of doing simple basic addition, do they really know how it makes them look?


--People are in a state of denial about his health. She has now said this twice but people do not want to hear what she had to say but will listen to anything has to say.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 03/17/17 2:08pm

haleno1

PurpleDiamonds1 said:

Strawberrylova123 said:


Dehydration=opiates..there was obviously a problem going on.

Don't agree with that!
It has been noted that when P worked a lot he would forget to eat and drink.
It has happened to me once and I don't touch any drugs...


I do that all the time when I'm painting. I have an alarm now set so I don't do it so much now. But it's real easy to loose track of time and not realise you haven't taken time out to eat drink etc. Art creations of any kind can be a time vampire.
Business Manager to Cat Glover.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 03/17/17 2:21pm

morningsong

laurarichardson said:

morningsong said:



All the arguing trying to make Tyka look bad when folks seem incapable of doing simple basic addition, do they really know how it makes them look?

--People are in a state of denial about his health. She has now said this twice but people do not want to hear what she had to say but will listen to anything has to say.



I'm not fully sure what she means by her statement, it's a bit too cryptic for my taste, but she is definitely one person who would need to be cryptic right now since she's in the middle of so many crucial things right now, caution is a must. But she is letting us know this has been a long-term situtation, and quite possibly something more medically terminal COULD have been going on. I'm going to watch the interview even though the show isn't centered on this and might not give anymore info than what's already been stated.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 03/17/17 5:12pm

laurarichardso
n

morningsong said:

laurarichardson said:

morningsong said: --People are in a state of denial about his health. She has now said this twice but people do not want to hear what she had to say but will listen to anything has to say.



I'm not fully sure what she means by her statement, it's a bit too cryptic for my taste, but she is definitely one person who would need to be cryptic right now since she's in the middle of so many crucial things right now, caution is a must. But she is letting us know this has been a long-term situtation, and quite possibly something more medically terminal COULD have been going on. I'm going to watch the interview even though the show isn't centered on this and might not give anymore info than what's already been stated.

He had a line item of 65k on his inventory sheet for medical expenses and for someone strung out on pain pills he got around really well being able to go all the way to Australia with out the side effects stoping him from performing. Something else was going on with health that made him need those pain meds.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 03/17/17 5:27pm

morningsong

laurarichardson said:

morningsong said:



I'm not fully sure what she means by her statement, it's a bit too cryptic for my taste, but she is definitely one person who would need to be cryptic right now since she's in the middle of so many crucial things right now, caution is a must. But she is letting us know this has been a long-term situtation, and quite possibly something more medically terminal COULD have been going on. I'm going to watch the interview even though the show isn't centered on this and might not give anymore info than what's already been stated.

He had a line item of 65k on his inventory sheet for medical expenses and for someone strung out on pain pills he got around really well being able to go all the way to Australia with out the side effects stoping him from performing. Something else was going on with health that made him need those pain meds.




Yeah, I saw that 65K, it's suspicious. Still, too much can be attributed to what we know right now. Hopefully I won't keel over before I know for sure.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 03/17/17 8:20pm

ladygirl99

I said since day one he was terminally ill and it looked like she said it again. Some fans are just continue to be denial about this.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 03/20/17 9:02pm

RenaRF

avatar

laurarichardson said:

PurpleDiamonds1 said:


Don't agree with that!
It has been noted that when P worked a lot he would forget to eat and drink.
It has happened to me once and I don't touch any drugs...

Sheile E said in her book that she had to remind him to drink water and eat because he worked so much. Kind of makes you wonder how all that work got done while he was in basement of PP popping pills.


I have two friends who take opiates on an ongoing basis, both due to having suffered chemo-induced neuropathy. You'd be amazed how functional they both are. They don't abuse, but they do need it to get through their days without chronic, persistent and often excruciating pain. One doesn't have to be out of control to be dependent on any drug, opiate or otherwise. Dependency is the goal, and in that context it's not a bad thing.

My point is, he could have been a long-time opiate user due to chronic pain, like so many others. Issues can occur when you change opiate type or dose which could have caused other earlier incidents (if any).

Related question: did they ever determine if the Fentanyl was the prescribed version? Meaning - it wasn't manufactured on the street but came from a pharmaceutical company?
"Everything that's in your heart, come what may
Even though his might get broken" RIP Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 03/20/17 11:38pm

laytonian

RenaRF said:





Related question: did they ever determine if the Fentanyl was the prescribed version? Meaning - it wasn't manufactured on the street but came from a pharmaceutical company?

.
Much of the pills were illegal.
They were marked Watson385 (hydrocodone and acetaminophen, aka Lortab) but were not that. They were the much cheaper-to-produce fentanyl.
The Watson385 drug has not been produced for four years now, but pill presses labeled as that are being used by counterfeiters.
.
Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 03/20/17 11:49pm

rogifan

For me none of this matters. Tyka or Kirk or whomever telling us what really happened isn't going to bring him back. I don't need to know to get closure. Obviously whatever was going on he didn't want the public to know about it. I hope his family and those closest to him respect his privacy. I wish Tyka would be quiet. These cryptic comments don't do anyone any good.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 03/21/17 5:05pm

olivia2u

I agree with morningsong. People are in denial about his health. And yes, there was more to it than addiction. Tyka is saying what she knows... and later on down the pike I believe that more will come out as time moves on. I mean it said a lot to me when she mentioned that she knew for two years in that interview. I do believe her. And it all makes sense. He was making peace with lots of people, and himself. I also believe she did what her brother wanted her to do in the final days she spent with him as well.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 03/21/17 7:13pm

Leopard52

Did anyone watch this?? What did she say??
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 03/21/17 7:58pm

RenaRF

avatar

Leopard52 said:

Did anyone watch this?? What did she say??

It was on ABC tonight at 10pm (eastern time). I haven't watched yet, but I did set the DVR to record it so I can watch it tomorrow night.

"Everything that's in your heart, come what may
Even though his might get broken" RIP Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 03/21/17 8:19pm

TurnItUp

TrivialPursuit said:

Please don't. He's no longer with us and that's all there is to it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 03/21/17 10:19pm

morningsong

confused
[Edited 3/21/17 22:44pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 03/21/17 11:14pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Leopard52 said:

Did anyone watch this?? What did she say??

I guess nobody watched it after all.

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 03/21/17 11:27pm

Mumio

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

Leopard52 said:

Did anyone watch this?? What did she say??

I guess nobody watched it after all.

It's on the dvr. I prefer to fast forward through all the riff-raff to get to what I want to see right away.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 03/22/17 12:01am

morningsong

Don't bother if all you're watching for is Prince.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 03/22/17 4:19pm

Mumio

avatar

morningsong said:

Don't bother if all you're watching for is Prince.

Should I ask? lol

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 03/22/17 5:07pm

TrcikyChristop
her

laytonian said:

. We all predict our deaths. . I'm wondering if this is connected to his 2014 hospitalization* and some of the periodic depression Neil Karlen talks about. . He was still out performing and releasing albums, though. . Frankly, I think if Tyka is going to keep dropping hints she should just tell the whole story. . Perhaps she has to wait until the estate is cleared. . *supposedly an infection from a B-12 shot required IVs over three days. . [Edited 3/15/17 10:57am]

There was also a hospitalization in Spring or Summer of 2012 in Los Angeles. Allegedly, he was very near death and needed his stomach pumped. Multiple sources repeated the same to me.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 03/22/17 6:13pm

Mumio

avatar

TrcikyChristopher said:

There was also a hospitalization in Spring or Summer of 2012 in Los Angeles. Allegedly, he was very near death and needed his stomach pumped. Multiple sources repeated the same to me.

Anything out there to back this up?

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 03/22/17 6:27pm

TrcikyChristop
her

Mumio said:

TrcikyChristopher said:

There was also a hospitalization in Spring or Summer of 2012 in Los Angeles. Allegedly, he was very near death and needed his stomach pumped. Multiple sources repeated the same to me.

Anything out there to back this up?

It was never publicized. From what I was told, it happened in the middle of the night. He was out of the hospital by dawn before anyone could say anything.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 03/22/17 7:27pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

TrcikyChristopher said:

laytonian said:

. We all predict our deaths. . I'm wondering if this is connected to his 2014 hospitalization* and some of the periodic depression Neil Karlen talks about. . He was still out performing and releasing albums, though. . Frankly, I think if Tyka is going to keep dropping hints she should just tell the whole story. . Perhaps she has to wait until the estate is cleared. . *supposedly an infection from a B-12 shot required IVs over three days. . [Edited 3/15/17 10:57am]

There was also a hospitalization in Spring or Summer of 2012 in Los Angeles. Allegedly, he was very near death and needed his stomach pumped. Multiple sources repeated the same to me.

eek eek

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 03/23/17 10:24am

PurpleDiamonds
1

TrcikyChristopher said:



Mumio said:




TrcikyChristopher said:


There was also a hospitalization in Spring or Summer of 2012 in Los Angeles. Allegedly, he was very near death and needed his stomach pumped. Multiple sources repeated the same to me.




Anything out there to back this up?



It was never publicized. From what I was told, it happened in the middle of the night. He was out of the hospital by dawn before anyone could say anything.



eek
The moline incident happened after midnight but tmz still got video.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 03/23/17 11:01am

TrcikyChristop
her

PurpleDiamonds1 said:

TrcikyChristopher said:

It was never publicized. From what I was told, it happened in the middle of the night. He was out of the hospital by dawn before anyone could say anything.

eek The moline incident happened after midnight but tmz still got video.

TMZ got video because it was a plane that was diverted and someone leaked the info that Prince was on there. The LA situation was different as he was in LA at the time of the incident. Clandestine efforts were easier to accomplish.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 3 <123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > People TV Show 3/21 Icons Gone Too Soon