independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 19th Jun 2019 9:01pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > People TV Show 3/21 Icons Gone Too Soon
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 03/15/17 10:34am

leec1

People TV Show 3/21 Icons Gone Too Soon

Below is the link to the article that Tyka has been interviewed for the 3/21 tv show on Icons Gone Too Soon. In this article, Tyka states P. told her about 3 years ago that he has done all he came to do. In October, Tyka said it was 2 years ago.

Tyka also states he was tired. She doesn't say he was ill.

Is it possible to believe what Tyka says?

http://people.com/music/prince-sister-tyka-nelson-says-icon-predicted-death/

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 03/15/17 10:44am

bashraka

leec1 said:

Below is the link to the article that Tyka has been interviewed for the 3/21 tv show on Icons Gone Too Soon. In this article, Tyka states P. told her about 3 years ago that he has done all he came to do. In October, Tyka said it was 2 years ago.

Tyka also states he was tired. She doesn't say he was ill.

Is it possible to believe what Tyka says?

http://people.com/music/prince-sister-tyka-nelson-says-icon-predicted-death/

"In this article, Tyka states P. told her about 3 years ago that he has done all he came to do. In October, Tyka said it was 2 years ago." 2016-2014=2 years, 2017-2014=3 years. Your implication seems to be Tyka is lying. I don't know why Tyka would not be believable.

3121 #1 THIS YEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 03/15/17 10:51am

laytonian

.
We all predict our deaths.
.
I'm wondering if this is connected to his 2014 hospitalization* and some of the periodic depression Neil Karlen talks about.
.
He was still out performing and releasing albums, though.
.
Frankly, I think if Tyka is going to keep dropping hints she should just tell the whole story.
.
Perhaps she has to wait until the estate is cleared.
.
*supposedly an infection from a B-12 shot required IVs over three days.
.
[Edited 3/15/17 10:57am]
Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 03/15/17 10:53am

leec1

bashraka said:

leec1 said:

Below is the link to the article that Tyka has been interviewed for the 3/21 tv show on Icons Gone Too Soon. In this article, Tyka states P. told her about 3 years ago that he has done all he came to do. In October, Tyka said it was 2 years ago.

Tyka also states he was tired. She doesn't say he was ill.

Is it possible to believe what Tyka says?

http://people.com/music/prince-sister-tyka-nelson-says-icon-predicted-death/

"In this article, Tyka states P. told her about 3 years ago that he has done all he came to do. In October, Tyka said it was 2 years ago." 2016-2014=2 years, 2017-2014=3 years. Your implication seems to be Tyka is lying. I don't know why Tyka would not be believable.

I don't know what to think about Tyka. Is she believable or just confused?

The 3 years it appears she is referring to is 3 years before he died: 2013-2016 and in the previous article 2 years before he died: 2014-2016.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 03/15/17 10:58am

laytonian

leec1 said:



bashraka said:




leec1 said:


Below is the link to the article that Tyka has been interviewed for the 3/21 tv show on Icons Gone Too Soon. In this article, Tyka states P. told her about 3 years ago that he has done all he came to do. In October, Tyka said it was 2 years ago.



Tyka also states he was tired. She doesn't say he was ill.



Is it possible to believe what Tyka says?



http://people.com/music/prince-sister-tyka-nelson-says-icon-predicted-death/





"In this article, Tyka states P. told her about 3 years ago that he has done all he came to do. In October, Tyka said it was 2 years ago." 2016-2014=2 years, 2017-2014=3 years. Your implication seems to be Tyka is lying. I don't know why Tyka would not be believable.




I don't know what to think about Tyka. Is she believable or just confused?



The 3 years it appears she is referring to is 3 years before he died: 2013-2016 and in the previous article 2 years before he died: 2014-2016.


.
No, three years ago means from the date she is talking.
.
Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 03/15/17 11:07am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 03/15/17 11:13am

PurpleDiamonds
1

laytonian said:

.
We all predict our deaths.
.
I'm wondering if this is connected to his 2014 hospitalization* and some of the periodic depression Neil Karlen talks about.
.
He was still out performing and releasing albums, though.
.
Frankly, I think if Tyka is going to keep dropping hints she should just tell the whole story.
.
Perhaps she has to wait until the estate is cleared.
.
*supposedly an infection from a B-12 shot required IVs over three days.
.
[Edited 3/15/17 10:57am]

Agree with the bolded. But It does seem her story's are inconsistent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 03/15/17 11:25am

morningsong

In the upcoming PEOPLE and ABC special People Icons: Gone Too Soon, the legendary musician’s sister Tyka Nelson speaks out in an exclusive interview. (The special, which looks back on the lives of beloved stars, also features exclusive interviews with Patrick Swayze‘s widow, Lisa Niemi; Robin Williams‘ wife, Susan; and Whitney Houston‘s friend BeBe Winans.)



So I'm taking it that Mayte's interview is family sanctioned.


Somehow, I'm gearing up to get my heart broke again one last time.


[Edited 3/15/17 11:26am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 03/15/17 11:53am

laurarichardso
n

leec1 said:

Below is the link to the article that Tyka has been interviewed for the 3/21 tv show on Icons Gone Too Soon. In this article, Tyka states P. told her about 3 years ago that he has done all he came to do. In October, Tyka said it was 2 years ago.



Tyka also states he was tired. She doesn't say he was ill.



Is it possible to believe what Tyka says?



http://people.com/music/prince-sister-tyka-nelson-says-icon-predicted-death/



She means 3 years counting this year. We are now in 2017-2014 = 3 years. I really do not know if she has that much to tell us. I really do not think Prince told his family much of anything about his private life. Keep in mind he took care of his family he was the leader so I can see him not wanting to burden then and maybe he knew they would not be able to handle it. She only say what she knows and the on going investigation may prevent her from saying more.
[Edited 3/15/17 11:53am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 03/15/17 1:41pm

dance4me3121

laytonian said:

.
We all predict our deaths.
.
I'm wondering if this is connected to his 2014 hospitalization* and some of the periodic depression Neil Karlen talks about.
.
He was still out performing and releasing albums, though.
.
Frankly, I think if Tyka is going to keep dropping hints she should just tell the whole story.
.
Perhaps she has to wait until the estate is cleared.
.
*supposedly an infection from a B-12 shot required IVs over three days.
.
[Edited 3/15/17 10:57am]


Why was prince hospitalized in 2014? I've never heard about that.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 03/15/17 2:03pm

laurarichardso
n

dance4me3121 said:

laytonian said:

.
We all predict our deaths.
.
I'm wondering if this is connected to his 2014 hospitalization* and some of the periodic depression Neil Karlen talks about.
.
He was still out performing and releasing albums, though.
.
Frankly, I think if Tyka is going to keep dropping hints she should just tell the whole story.
.
Perhaps she has to wait until the estate is cleared.
.
*supposedly an infection from a B-12 shot required IVs over three days.
.
[Edited 3/15/17 10:57am]


Why was prince hospitalized in 2014? I've never heard about that.

-- Before the serch warrant was sealed it revelved that when the police interviewed Kirk he told them Prince had been in the hospital for twice for treatment once in 2014. Also there was a gossip item about it being for an infection from a B12 shot. We also know from the Carver County police log a male was taken to hospital for dehydration from Paisley Park in 2014.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 03/15/17 2:12pm

Strawberrylova
123

laurarichardson said:

dance4me3121 said:



Why was prince hospitalized in 2014? I've never heard about that.

-- Before the serch warrant was sealed it revelved that when the police interviewed Kirk he told them Prince had been in the hospital for twice for treatment once in 2014. Also there was a gossip item about it being for an infection from a B12 shot. We also know from the Carver County police log a male was taken to hospital for dehydration from Paisley Park in 2014.

Dehydration=opiates..there was obviously a problem going on.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 03/15/17 2:54pm

leec1

laurarichardson said:

leec1 said:

Below is the link to the article that Tyka has been interviewed for the 3/21 tv show on Icons Gone Too Soon. In this article, Tyka states P. told her about 3 years ago that he has done all he came to do. In October, Tyka said it was 2 years ago.

Tyka also states he was tired. She doesn't say he was ill.

Is it possible to believe what Tyka says?

http://people.com/music/prince-sister-tyka-nelson-says-icon-predicted-death/

She means 3 years counting this year. We are now in 2017-2014 = 3 years. I really do not know if she has that much to tell us. I really do not think Prince told his family much of anything about his private life. Keep in mind he took care of his family he was the leader so I can see him not wanting to burden then and maybe he knew they would not be able to handle it. She only say what she knows and the on going investigation may prevent her from saying more. [Edited 3/15/17 11:53am]

So in all likelihood, watching Tyka's interview won't provide any insight.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 03/15/17 2:58pm

PurpleDiamonds
1

Strawberrylova123 said:

laurarichardson said:


-- Before the serch warrant was sealed it revelved that when the police interviewed Kirk he told them Prince had been in the hospital for twice for treatment once in 2014. Also there was a gossip item about it being for an infection from a B12 shot. We also know from the Carver County police log a male was taken to hospital for dehydration from Paisley Park in 2014.

Dehydration=opiates..there was obviously a problem going on.

Don't agree with that!
It has been noted that when P worked a lot he would forget to eat and drink.
It has happened to me once and I don't touch any drugs...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 03/15/17 3:58pm

laytonian

.
Some clarifications are needed:
.
The dehydrated male, in 2013, was 53. Prince was 55 on that date.
http://bigstory.ap.org/ar...ibed-drugs
.
The blind item was published on crazydaysandnights:
"September 19, 2014
This permanent A list singer/musician who is height challenged suffered a serious blood infection last month when he was injected with a B12 shot after a show. The singer was treated for three days in a hospital.
Prince"
(Every time they published something about P on that site, they mentioned height as the clue. But it was not mentioned in that other rumor.
.
[Edited 3/15/17 16:16pm]
Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 03/15/17 6:57pm

laurarichardso
n

laytonian said:

.
Some clarifications are needed:
.
The dehydrated male, in 2013, was 53. Prince was 55 on that date.
http://bigstory.ap.org/ar...ibed-drugs
.
The blind item was published on crazydaysandnights:
"September 19, 2014
This permanent A list singer/musician who is height challenged suffered a serious blood infection last month when he was injected with a B12 shot after a show. The singer was treated for three days in a hospital.
Prince"
(Every time they published something about P on that site, they mentioned height as the clue. But it was not mentioned in that other rumor.
.
[Edited 3/15/17 16:16pm]

You do not think she was an error on the part of some EMT ? You think Kirk lied to the police about P being in the hospital? Who else is a A list signer that is height challenged? Who else is known to take B12 shots? Who else had 75k in medical expenses on his inventory sheet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 03/15/17 7:01pm

laurarichardso
n

PurpleDiamonds1 said:

Strawberrylova123 said:


Dehydration=opiates..there was obviously a problem going on.

Don't agree with that!
It has been noted that when P worked a lot he would forget to eat and drink.
It has happened to me once and I don't touch any drugs...

Sheile E said in her book that she had to remind him to drink water and eat because he worked so much. Kind of makes you wonder how all that work got done while he was in basement of PP popping pills.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 03/15/17 7:02pm

laurarichardso
n

leec1 said:



laurarichardson said:


leec1 said:

Below is the link to the article that Tyka has been interviewed for the 3/21 tv show on Icons Gone Too Soon. In this article, Tyka states P. told her about 3 years ago that he has done all he came to do. In October, Tyka said it was 2 years ago.



Tyka also states he was tired. She doesn't say he was ill.



Is it possible to believe what Tyka says?



http://people.com/music/prince-sister-tyka-nelson-says-icon-predicted-death/




She means 3 years counting this year. We are now in 2017-2014 = 3 years. I really do not know if she has that much to tell us. I really do not think Prince told his family much of anything about his private life. Keep in mind he took care of his family he was the leader so I can see him not wanting to burden then and maybe he knew they would not be able to handle it. She only say what she knows and the on going investigation may prevent her from saying more. [Edited 3/15/17 11:53am]

So in all likelihood, watching Tyka's interview won't provide any insight.


No, might humanize and counter the bad stuff this week. I hope that was her purpose.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 03/15/17 7:08pm

laytonian

laurarichardson said:

laytonian said:

.
Some clarifications are needed:
.
The dehydrated male, in 2013, was 53. Prince was 55 on that date.
http://bigstory.ap.org/ar...ibed-drugs
.
The blind item was published on crazydaysandnights:
"September 19, 2014
This permanent A list singer/musician who is height challenged suffered a serious blood infection last month when he was injected with a B12 shot after a show. The singer was treated for three days in a hospital.
Prince"
(Every time they published something about P on that site, they mentioned height as the clue. But it was not mentioned in that other rumor.
.
[Edited 3/15/17 16:16pm]

You do not think she was an error on the part of some EMT ? You think Kirk lied to the police about P being in the hospital? Who else is a A list signer that is height challenged? Who else is known to take B12 shots? Who else had 75k in medical expenses on his inventory sheet.

.
What are YOU blathering about? You get this week's WHOOSH AWARD.
.
I was inferring about the NASTY RUMOR BLIND ITEM.
I think everyone else got what I meant.
.
Calm down and read, just for once, and quit bullying everyone over what you do not personally understand.
.
And no. I don't think the EMT got both the age and year wrong.
.
[Edited 3/15/17 19:11pm]
Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 03/15/17 7:19pm

laurarichardso
n

laytonian said:

laurarichardson said:


You do not think she was an error on the part of some EMT ? You think Kirk lied to the police about P being in the hospital? Who else is a A list signer that is height challenged? Who else is known to take B12 shots? Who else had 75k in medical expenses on his inventory sheet.

.
What are YOU blathering about? You get this week's WHOOSH AWARD.
.
I was inferring about the NASTY RUMOR BLIND ITEM.
I think everyone else got what I meant.
.
Calm down and read, just for once, and quit bullying everyone over what you do not personally understand.
.
And no. I don't think the EMT got both the age and year wrong.
.
[Edited 3/15/17 19:11pm]

I am bringing up facts that you know nothing about and yes the EMT could have got his age wrong😳 Stop being naive.
[Edited 3/15/17 19:20pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 03/15/17 7:34pm

PurpleDiamonds
1

laurarichardson said:

PurpleDiamonds1 said:


Don't agree with that!
It has been noted that when P worked a lot he would forget to eat and drink.
It has happened to me once and I don't touch any drugs...

Sheile E said in her book that she had to remind him to drink water and eat because he worked so much. Kind of makes you wonder how all that work got done while he was in basement of PP popping pills.

I hear ya...even someone taking an occasional pill does not get as much done as he did wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 03/15/17 8:11pm

Welcome2daRevo
lution

avatar

Its really time for Tyka to tell the whole story or just clam up already. Damn!!!
CALL ME A DREAMER 2!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 03/15/17 8:35pm

laytonian

laurarichardson said:

dance4me3121 said:



Why was prince hospitalized in 2014? I've never heard about that.

-- Before the serch warrant was sealed it revelved that when the police interviewed Kirk he told them Prince had been in the hospital for twice for treatment once in 2014. Also there was a gossip item about it being for an infection from a B12 shot. We also know from the Carver County police log a male was taken to hospital for dehydration from Paisley Park in 2014.

.
I repeat.
The dehydrated male event occurred in 2013.
.
Details are important.
Do not assume you are schooling me about anything.
.
Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 03/15/17 8:41pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Welcome2daRevolution said:

Its really time for Tyka to tell the whole story or just clam up already. Damn!!!


She has no obligation to anyone to do that. This is her family, a person she grew up with, and shared life with beyond his music. Her brother. For any fan to assume they're owed the full story is arrogant and unfounded.

Not that many of us aren't insanely curious, but we're owed nothing to satiate our morbid curiosity.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 03/15/17 8:43pm

LOVESYMBOLNUMB
ER2

It seems to me that Tyka was not as close to prince as many other people in his life. I find it interesting that she is the only one that says she new he was going to die based on something prince told her 2 to 3 years in advance. So he chose to share that information with Tyka, but not Larry, or Judith, or tamarin, or anyone else that he was actually close too. Doesn't make sense to me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 03/15/17 8:55pm

Leopard52

I'm glad she's doing it. I'll be watching. If you don't like it don't watch!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 03/15/17 9:13pm

moonsister

Leopard52 said:

I'm glad she's doing it. I'll be watching. If you don't like it don't watch!!

Give me a break. How about you don't like it don't read it? Makes no sense here, people here judge things months before they even happen.

Cremation time? Oh that reminds me, where'd I put those Flamin' hot Cheetos?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 03/15/17 9:13pm

Welcome2daRevo
lution

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:



Welcome2daRevolution said:


Its really time for Tyka to tell the whole story or just clam up already. Damn!!!


She has no obligation to anyone to do that. This is her family, a person she grew up with, and shared life with beyond his music. Her brother. For any fan to assume they're owed the full story is arrogant and unfounded.

Not that many of us aren't insanely curious, but we're owed nothing to satiate our morbid curiosity.



Clamming up was an option.
CALL ME A DREAMER 2!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 03/15/17 9:21pm

purplerabbitho
le

The mourning process is a complicated one.Neither her nor her brother have gone about it in a conventional way.

Maybe, like she said, he talked in riddles and his statement about doing everything he set out to do (along with a growing suspicion that his pain pills were being overused) caused alarm but she felt helpless to do anything about it and had no concrete evidence.

I don't think she nor he knew exactly when he was going to die, but like Shelby said, Prince probably didn't think his life would be a long one. He was working because what else did he have...but he might have been very tired.

What reason does Tyka have to lie. She is getting his money either way and isn't selling a book.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 03/15/17 9:35pm

Mumio

avatar

What reason does Tyka have to lie. She is getting his money either way and isn't selling a book.


yeahthat I think she knows exactly what she is saying and is sure enough of her information directly from Prince that she is coming back and repeating what she had said last fall. As in: pay attention.


Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > People TV Show 3/21 Icons Gone Too Soon