independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Where should Tyka scatter Prince's cremated remains?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/11/16 8:08pm

suomynona

avatar

Where should Tyka scatter Prince's cremated remains?

Rather than just leave the urn sitting on top of her microwave, where should she scatter his cremated remains?

(Added more to the body of my opening statement per mod request.)
.

[Edited 6/13/16 15:16pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/11/16 8:10pm

CROWNS1

She should display them in a purple urn inside of PP

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 06/11/16 8:15pm

suomynona

avatar

CROWNS1 said:

She should display them in a purple urn inside of PP


Probably not a good idea. I read on TMZ that Trump is going to buy the property and build a casino there.
.

[Edited 6/11/16 20:18pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 06/11/16 8:18pm

CROWNS1

If they manage to keep it (I really don't see the family being able to run it though), but it would be a good resting place for him I think. It was his world.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 06/11/16 8:58pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Who said she was going to scatter them anywhere? Even so, it'll be somewhere in Minneapolis, or the state in general. That was his home, and it's where he'll rest forever. I really think just on the grounds of Paisley Park, or a lake me might have loved, woudl be appropriate, should it come to that.

Just when U think U've got more than enough, that's when it all up and flies away.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 06/12/16 1:23am

milesb

Lake Minnetonka of course

My password is what
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 06/12/16 2:04am

anniemaz

suomynona said:



CROWNS1 said:


She should display them in a purple urn inside of PP




Probably not a good idea. I read on TMZ that Trump is going to buy the property and build a casino there.
.

[Edited 6/11/16 20:18pm]




That is such a shame if true. Having been there, it would be lovely to turn it into a working music, video production studio and live arena, come museum. Something in music continuum img his legacy.. Not a casino. 😪
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 06/12/16 7:37am

3rdeyedude

avatar

anniemaz said:

suomynona said:


Probably not a good idea. I read on TMZ that Trump is going to buy the property and build a casino there.
.

[Edited 6/11/16 20:18pm]

That is such a shame if true. Having been there, it would be lovely to turn it into a working music, video production studio and live arena, come museum. Something in music continuum img his legacy.. Not a casino. 😪

I think the OP was just kidding about that. But seriously, as far as the ashes are concerned, I think they should be thrown at Larry while he is on stage, but only if he is wearing a white suit and a white hat. Then his wife Tina can use that white towel to clean the ashes off of him.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 06/12/16 7:43am

RiotPaisley

I think it's illegal to scatter ashes but they can use the ashes to make glass sculptures. They are really cool. They could do that and put it on display somewhere if they were so inclined.

http://www.soulbursts.com...ursts.html
Surprise, surprise.
Another treat. Another trick.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 06/12/16 9:51am

iycon

If possible have some of his ashes mixed into the plastic to a special print run of a record.

the love we make
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 06/12/16 9:52am

sonshine

avatar

RiotPaisley said:

I think it's illegal to scatter ashes but they can use the ashes to make glass sculptures. They are really cool. They could do that and put it on display somewhere if they were so inclined.

http://www.soulbursts.com...ursts.html

You are supposed to get special permission to scatter ashes otherwise it is against the law.
They should be buried somewhere with a proper marker so people can go "visit" him and pay their respects. Perhaps wherever his parents have been laid to rest. Or his son?
[Edited 6/12/16 9:56am]
It's a hurtful place, the world, in and of itself. We don't need to add to it. We all need one another. ~ PRN
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 06/12/16 10:02am

sonshine

avatar

anniemaz said:

suomynona said:



CROWNS1 said:


She should display them in a purple urn inside of PP




Probably not a good idea. I read on TMZ that Trump is going to buy the property and build a casino there.
.

[Edited 6/11/16 20:18pm]




That is such a shame if true. Having been there, it would be lovely to turn it into a working music, video production studio and live arena, come museum. Something in music continuum img his legacy.. Not a casino. 😪

yeahthat
It's a hurtful place, the world, in and of itself. We don't need to add to it. We all need one another. ~ PRN
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 06/12/16 10:16am

laytonian

suomynona said:

Where should Tyka scatter his remains?

My guess?

Once PP is in the hands of a permanent foundation, his remains will be interred on the grounds there.
Right now, I imagine he's in the vault.

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 06/12/16 10:22am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

laytonian said:

suomynona said:

Where should Tyka scatter his remains?

My guess?

Once PP is in the hands of a permanent foundation, his remains will be interred on the grounds there.
Right now, I imagine he's in the vault.


That's - just weird. Tyka has those remains, at home, or in a safe place. The vault has been drilled open, so they're not there. She was seen taking them out of the memorial at Paisley Park. Her son President was carrying them.

For me, I hope they are not on display anywhere in the future. We don't need to tour Paisley Park, and see his studio, guitars, piano, clothes, videos, etc, then see some purple urn under one spot light with his symbol on the front of it. It would be a horrible way to end a tour of the facility. His spirit and music is what people are pulled to at this point a pile of ground up bones won't change that, so leave it out of the pending purple parade.

Just when U think U've got more than enough, that's when it all up and flies away.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 06/12/16 11:03am

terrywastecake

milesb said:

Lake Minnetonka of course

This

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 06/12/16 11:46am

FUNKNROLL

Mixed into a large glass/crystal sculpture of a starburst, with the sculpture placed somewhere on a remote hill or mountain... illuminated (purple) at night.

Cause baby he was a star and now he IS a star.


.
[Edited 6/12/16 11:49am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 06/12/16 11:48am

luvsexy4all

SNIP -OF4S refere 2 rule #1

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 06/12/16 12:09pm

TopazGirl

avatar

sonshine said:

RiotPaisley said:
I think it's illegal to scatter ashes but they can use the ashes to make glass sculptures. They are really cool. They could do that and put it on display somewhere if they were so inclined. http://www.soulbursts.com...ursts.html
You are supposed to get special permission to scatter ashes otherwise it is against the law. They should be buried somewhere with a proper marker so people can go "visit" him and pay their respects. Perhaps wherever his parents have been laid to rest. Or his son? [Edited 6/12/16 9:56am]


I think it would be nice if they were interred somewhere with a marker...somewhere that you could actually visit and pay your respects, leave flowers, etc. I was reading an article yesterday which said they opened the cemetery to the public where Muhammad Ali is buried. People came in very respectfully and nothing was roped off. People could kneel, touch, or kiss the grave site. I understand that we're talking about two different celebrities and manner of circumstances, but it makes me sad that Prince is kept at such a distance from everyone. People are having difficulty understanding his sudden death and in addition are now struggling with the whole isolation of it all. It's all so strange and sad compared to the love and paying respects people are able to express freely and publicly, such as with Ali's passing. But yes, some of what is going on now is to protect Prince.

Reference: http://www.chicagotribune...story.html

"And I know you're not just what you say to me
And I'm not the only moment you're made of..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 06/12/16 12:56pm

wayhome

iycon said:

If possible have some of his ashes mixed into the plastic to a special print run of a record.

What? Please no!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 06/12/16 12:56pm

onelap

I think his belifes mean that they could have no grave or place that people could go to.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 06/12/16 1:13pm

Astasheiks

avatar

3rdeyedude said:



anniemaz said:


suomynona said:



Probably not a good idea. I read on TMZ that Trump is going to buy the property and build a casino there.
.


[Edited 6/11/16 20:18pm]



That is such a shame if true. Having been there, it would be lovely to turn it into a working music, video production studio and live arena, come museum. Something in music continuum img his legacy.. Not a casino. 😪


I think the OP was just kidding about that. But seriously, as far as the ashes are concerned, I think they should be thrown at Larry while he is on stage, but only if he is wearing a white suit and a white hat. Then his wife Tina can use that white towel to clean the ashes off of him.



eek I would not want to see P's ashes to be disrespected like that. A bunch of cow dung woul be more appropriate!!!
lol razz lol
[Edited 6/12/16 13:23pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 06/12/16 1:17pm

Tresha68

laytonian said:



suomynona said:


Where should Tyka scatter his remains?




My guess?


Once PP is in the hands of a permanent foundation, his remains will be interred on the grounds there.
Right now, I imagine he's in the vault.



Forgive me, That made me laugh.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 06/12/16 1:57pm

laytonian

Tresha68 said:

laytonian said:

My guess?

Once PP is in the hands of a permanent foundation, his remains will be interred on the grounds there.
Right now, I imagine he's in the vault.

Forgive me, That made me laugh.

It IS the only safe place right now. The entire estate is under security control and everything in that vault (which had the locked changed) is in the safest place ever.
There's a reason they had that small memorial at PP. Just wait.

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 06/12/16 5:49pm

Tresha68

laytonian said:



Tresha68 said:


laytonian said:



My guess?


Once PP is in the hands of a permanent foundation, his remains will be interred on the grounds there.
Right now, I imagine he's in the vault.



Forgive me, That made me laugh.




It IS the only safe place right now. The entire estate is under security control and everything in that vault (which had the locked changed) is in the safest place ever.
There's a reason they had that small memorial at PP. Just wait.



I'm not saying that I don't agree with you. For some reason, that just sounded funny to me. Poor, Prince locked in the vault. No disrespect, but it just tickled me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 06/12/16 6:17pm

laytonian

Tresha68 said:

laytonian said:

It IS the only safe place right now. The entire estate is under security control and everything in that vault (which had the locked changed) is in the safest place ever.
There's a reason they had that small memorial at PP. Just wait.

I'm not saying that I don't agree with you. For some reason, that just sounded funny to me. Poor, Prince locked in the vault. No disrespect, but it just tickled me.

I think he'd find it funny, too.

Elvis is buried at Graceland; I predict Prince will be interred at Paisley.

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 06/12/16 8:55pm

morningsong

Where's his son?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 06/13/16 3:18am

suomynona

avatar

luvsexy4all said:

SNIP -OF4S refere 2 rule #1


SNIP

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 06/13/16 3:29am

Vannormal

avatar

RiotPaisley said:

I think it's illegal to scatter ashes but they can use the ashes to make glass sculptures. They are really cool. They could do that and put it on display somewhere if they were so inclined. http://www.soulbursts.com...ursts.html

-

Oh, come ON, puhleaze !!

Are you DEAD serious ?

Why not injecting his ashes into a goldfish in a bowl or a purple chocolate fountain ? lol wink

"...no matter what, all will be fine, always."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 06/13/16 3:30am

Vannormal

avatar

morningsong said:

Where's his son?

ask Mayté.

"...no matter what, all will be fine, always."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 06/13/16 9:38am

CROWNS1

morningsong said:

Where's his son?

Creamated as well.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Where should Tyka scatter Prince's cremated remains?