independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Sell Me on The Republican Platform
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/17/20 3:59pm

herb4

avatar

Sell Me on The Republican Platform

I've tried this before but this time I will keep it short....

GOP voters, give me a reason or something in thier platform worth voting for. Lower taxes?

That about it?

Or anyone got something else like gay marriage, oil drilling or something? I'm genuinely curious.

I'll leave it there and see if anyone replies


 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/17/20 5:33pm

SoulAlive

Good idea for a thread.

I’d like to see a Trump supporter explain why,in their view,he deserves a second term.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/17/20 6:07pm

JoeyC

avatar

SoulAlive said:

Good idea for a thread. I’d like to see a Trump supporter explain why,in their view,he deserves a second term.


Exactly. The question is does he deserve a second term?


it's clear to me that he doesn't, but...


Rest in Peace Bettie Boo. See u soon.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/17/20 6:19pm

v10letblues

avatar

[Snip - luv4u]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/17/20 6:31pm

SoulAlive

v10letblues said:

[Snip - luv4u]




lol
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/18/20 10:13am

herb4

avatar

No one ever seems to really offer anything when I try these threads.

Telling

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/18/20 10:23am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

I'd be open to hearing about what the GOP platform is and if this agenda will unite, strengthen and uplift our country not only internally but externally in the world.

OK, let's hear it smile

VOTE....EARLY
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/18/20 12:13pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Lie about guns

Lie about religion

Lie about China

Lie about hispanics

Lie about BLM

Lie

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/18/20 12:22pm

maplenpg

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

Lie about guns

Deny lieing about guns

Lie about religion

Deny lieing about religion

Lie about China

Lie some more about China

Lie about hispanics

Deny being racist

Lie about BLM

Deny being racst

Lie

Deny

Fixed it for ya wink

Negativity brings us all down, Positivity lifts us all up. There is another way. The future is purple and black.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/18/20 1:19pm

SoulAlive

herb4 said:

No one ever seems to really offer anything when I try these threads.

Telling

exactly

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/18/20 2:00pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

SoulAlive said:

herb4 said:

No one ever seems to really offer anything when I try these threads.

Telling

exactly

Right? Speak up!

VOTE....EARLY
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 09/18/20 2:18pm

mltijchr

avatar

herb4 said:

No one ever seems to really offer anything when I try these threads.

Telling

.

indeed. they have nothing of substance to offer.

.

not that Joe Biden is the greatest creation since sliced bread, either..

but he's more human & less of an exagerrated caricature than the current occupant of 16penn

I'll see you tonight..
in ALL MY DREAMS..
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 09/18/20 4:46pm

slyjackson

v10letblues said:

[Snip - luv4u]

Indeed. -

SNIP

A good general rule: "criticize ideas, not people."

-of4$

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 09/18/20 5:01pm

AMERICA1ST

JoeyC said:

SoulAlive said:

Good idea for a thread. I’d like to see a Trump supporter explain why,in their view,he deserves a second term.


Exactly. The question is does he deserve a second term?


it's clear to me that he doesn't, but...


The other question is does Biden deserve any term. He has been in politics almost 50 years. He had 2 as VP. What has he done? Like it or not, Trump can point to some accomplishments.

I would direct anyone to Larry Elder's film, Uncle Tom. That is my answer to the the question.

[Edited 9/18/20 17:03pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 09/18/20 5:04pm

SoulAlive

mltijchr said:



herb4 said:


No one ever seems to really offer anything when I try these threads.

Telling



.


indeed. they have nothing of substance to offer.


.


not that Joe Biden is the greatest creation since sliced bread, either..


but he's more human & less of an exagerrated caricature than the current occupant of 16penn



Exactly.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 09/18/20 5:10pm

v10letblues

avatar

herb4 said:

No one ever seems to really offer anything when I try these threads.

Telling

What can anyone say that you don't already know? This party doesn't offer anything but ignorance and hate.

This republican president represents today's republicans, they all tow the line. Every day it's just another stupid ignorant thing after another.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 09/18/20 5:11pm

SoulAlive

JoeyC said:



SoulAlive said:


Good idea for a thread. I’d like to see a Trump supporter explain why,in their view,he deserves a second term.


Exactly. The question is does he deserve a second term?


it's clear to me that he doesn't, but...




Worst president ever
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 09/18/20 5:33pm

SoulAlive

DiminutiveRocker said:

I'd be open to hearing about what the GOP platform is and if this agenda will unite, strengthen and uplift our country not only internally but externally in the world.

OK, let's hear it smile




The GOP doesn’t really exist anymore.It has become the Trump Party.Reagan would roll over in his grave if he could see what the GOP is all about these days lol
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 09/18/20 6:03pm

IanRG

SoulAlive said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

I'd be open to hearing about what the GOP platform is and if this agenda will unite, strengthen and uplift our country not only internally but externally in the world.

OK, let's hear it smile

The GOP doesn’t really exist anymore.It has become the Trump Party.Reagan would roll over in his grave if he could see what the GOP is all about these days lol

.

And that is the problem: You can put together reasons to be conservative, at least moderately. Reasons for both sides, alternating between the two, seeking cooperation, taking the edge of extremism in different directions, determining when evolution is better than revolution and vice versa, individualism or rights vs collectivism or rights, inclusion of all groups in the community, ways to manage change, when governments should and should not get involved and how they do etc.

.

This allows for people like Reagan, McCain, Romney, the Bushes etc - even the non-criminal side of Nixon (eg pulling out of Vietnam), whilst being appalled at some of their acts (just as you can appalled by some of the acts or mismanagement by Obama, Clinton, Carer and LBJ). But support for the current GOP under trump requires a whole new level

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 09/18/20 6:06pm

SoulAlive

IanRG said:



SoulAlive said:


DiminutiveRocker said:

I'd be open to hearing about what the GOP platform is and if this agenda will unite, strengthen and uplift our country not only internally but externally in the world.

OK, let's hear it smile



The GOP doesn’t really exist anymore.It has become the Trump Party.Reagan would roll over in his grave if he could see what the GOP is all about these days lol

.


And that is the problem: You can put together reasons to be conservative, at least moderately. Reasons for both sides, alternating between the two, seeking cooperation, taking the edge of extremism in different directions, determining when evolution is better than revolution and vice versa, individualism or rights vs collectivism or rights, inclusion of all groups in the community, ways to manage change, when governments should and should not get involved and how they do etc.


.


This allows for people like Reagan, McCain, Romney, the Bushes etc - even the non-criminal side of Nixon (eg pulling out of Vietnam), whilst being appalled at some of their acts (just as you can appalled by some of the acts or mismanagement by Obama, Clinton, Carer and LBJ). But support for the current GOP under trump requires a whole new level



Exactly.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 09/18/20 7:43pm

lool

It's the exact same as the democratic platform. Be distracted.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 09/18/20 8:01pm

v10letblues

avatar

lool said:

It's the exact same as the democratic platform. Be distracted.

Stupidest post of the day. Congratulations.
These types of posts are the classic disctractions.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 09/18/20 8:33pm

lool

v10letblues said:



lool said:


It's the exact same as the democratic platform. Be distracted.

Stupidest post of the day. Congratulations.
These types of posts are the classic disctractions.



If only.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 09/18/20 8:34pm

SoulAlive

With high unemployment,a bad economy,a sky-high deficit,no wall (which he promised),no new health care plan (which he promised),riots in the streets,a divided nation,numerous scandals,an impeachment,and his horrible handling of the COVID-19 crisis.....does Trump truly deserve a second term?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 09/18/20 8:35pm

SoulAlive

hmmm
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 09/19/20 7:57am

2elijah

avatar

You’d think with all the noise they’re making in the Biden and trump threads, they’d have something to contribute to this thread. Lol.
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
BIDEN/HARRIS 11/3/20
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 09/19/20 8:48am

herb4

avatar

Just looking for even one platform policy. I know there are Trump supporters and republicans here

Here's their official platform

https://ballotpedia.org/T...form,_2020

Which mostly just says "create jobs" and "battle Covid19"

Not much in the way of POLICIES though. Some of these are hilarious (bolded). I especially like the ones about exposing dirty money from the guy that won't show us his tax returns and the part about thinking that Antifa is an organization.

JOBS

  • Create 10 Million New Jobs in 10 Months
  • Create 1 Million New Small Businesses
  • Cut Taxes to Boost Take-Home Pay and Keep Jobs in America
  • Enact Fair Trade Deals that Protect American Jobs
  • 'Made in America' Tax Credits
  • Expand Opportunity Zones
  • Continue Deregulatory Agenda for Energy Independence

ERADICATE COVID-19

  • Develop a Vaccine by The End Of 2020
  • Return to Normal in 2021
  • Make All Critical Medicines and Supplies for Healthcare Workers in The United States
  • Refill Stockpiles and Prepare for Future Pandemics


HEALTHCARE

  • Cut Prescription Drug Prices
  • Put Patients and Doctors Back in Charge of our Healthcare System
  • Lower Healthcare Insurance Premiums
  • End Surprise Billing
  • Cover All Pre-Existing Conditions
  • Protect Social Security and Medicare
  • Protect Our Veterans and Provide World-Class Healthcare and Services

EDUCATION

  • Provide School Choice to Every Child in America
  • Teach American Exceptionalism

DRAIN THE SWAMP

  • Pass Congressional Term Limits
  • End Bureaucratic Government Bullying of U.S. Citizens and Small Businesses
  • Expose Washington’s Money Trail and Delegate Powers Back to People and States
  • Drain the Globalist Swamp by Taking on International Organizations That Hurt American Citizens

DEFEND OUR POLICE

  • Fully Fund and Hire More Police and Law Enforcement Officers
  • Increase Criminal Penalties for Assaults on Law Enforcement Officers
  • Prosecute Drive-By Shootings as Acts of Domestic Terrorism
  • Bring Violent Extremist Groups Like ANTIFA to Justice
  • End Cashless Bail and Keep Dangerous Criminals Locked Up until Trial

END ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION AND PROTECT AMERICAN WORKERS

  • Block Illegal Immigrants from Becoming Eligible for Taxpayer-Funded Welfare, Healthcare, and Free College Tuition
  • Mandatory Deportation for Non-Citizen Gang Members
  • Dismantle Human Trafficking Networks
  • End Sanctuary Cities to Restore our Neighborhoods and Protect our Families
  • Prohibit American Companies from Replacing United States Citizens with Lower-Cost Foreign Workers
  • Require New Immigrants to Be Able to Support Themselves Financially

INNOVATE FOR THE FUTURE

  • Launch Space Force, Establish Permanent Manned Presence on The Moon and Send the First Manned Mission to Mars
  • Build the World’s Greatest Infrastructure SystemWin the Race to 5G and Establish a National High-Speed Wireless Internet Network
  • Continue to Lead the World in Access to the Cleanest Drinking Water and Cleanest Air
  • Partner with Other Nations to Clean Up our Planet’s Oceans

AMERICA FIRST FOREIGN POLICY

  • Stop Endless Wars and Bring Our Troops Home
  • Get Allies to Pay their Fair Share
  • Maintain and Expand America’s Unrivaled Military Strength
  • Wipe Out Global Terrorists Who Threaten to Harm Americans
  • Build a Great Cybersecurity Defense System and Missile Defense System

DEFEND AMERICAN VALUES

  • Continue nominating constitutionalist Supreme Court and lower court judges
  • Protect unborn life through every means available
  • Defend the freedoms of religious believers and organizations
  • Support the exercise of Second Amendment rights

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 09/19/20 9:03am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

It would take a seminar to tell you the lies and spin in that platform.

What the fuck is an opportunity Zone? Here's the answer: redistribute wealth.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 09/19/20 11:32am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

herb4 said:

Just looking for even one platform policy. I know there are Trump supporters and republicans here

Here's their official platform

https://ballotpedia.org/T...form,_2020

Which mostly just says "create jobs" and "battle Covid19"

Not much in the way of POLICIES though. Some of these are hilarious (bolded). I especially like the ones about exposing dirty money from the guy that won't show us his tax returns and the part about thinking that Antifa is an organization.

JOBS

  • Create 10 Million New Jobs in 10 Months
  • Create 1 Million New Small Businesses
  • Cut Taxes to Boost Take-Home Pay and Keep Jobs in America
  • Enact Fair Trade Deals that Protect American Jobs
  • 'Made in America' Tax Credits
  • Expand Opportunity Zones
  • Continue Deregulatory Agenda for Energy Independence

ERADICATE COVID-19

  • Develop a Vaccine by The End Of 2020
  • Return to Normal in 2021
  • Make All Critical Medicines and Supplies for Healthcare Workers in The United States
  • Refill Stockpiles and Prepare for Future Pandemics


HEALTHCARE

  • Cut Prescription Drug Prices
  • Put Patients and Doctors Back in Charge of our Healthcare System
  • Lower Healthcare Insurance Premiums
  • End Surprise Billing
  • Cover All Pre-Existing Conditions
  • Protect Social Security and Medicare
  • Protect Our Veterans and Provide World-Class Healthcare and Services

EDUCATION

  • Provide School Choice to Every Child in America
  • Teach American Exceptionalism

DRAIN THE SWAMP

  • Pass Congressional Term Limits
  • End Bureaucratic Government Bullying of U.S. Citizens and Small Businesses
  • Expose Washington’s Money Trail and Delegate Powers Back to People and States
  • Drain the Globalist Swamp by Taking on International Organizations That Hurt American Citizens

DEFEND OUR POLICE

  • Fully Fund and Hire More Police and Law Enforcement Officers
  • Increase Criminal Penalties for Assaults on Law Enforcement Officers
  • Prosecute Drive-By Shootings as Acts of Domestic Terrorism
  • Bring Violent Extremist Groups Like ANTIFA to Justice
  • End Cashless Bail and Keep Dangerous Criminals Locked Up until Trial

END ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION AND PROTECT AMERICAN WORKERS

  • Block Illegal Immigrants from Becoming Eligible for Taxpayer-Funded Welfare, Healthcare, and Free College Tuition
  • Mandatory Deportation for Non-Citizen Gang Members
  • Dismantle Human Trafficking Networks
  • End Sanctuary Cities to Restore our Neighborhoods and Protect our Families
  • Prohibit American Companies from Replacing United States Citizens with Lower-Cost Foreign Workers
  • Require New Immigrants to Be Able to Support Themselves Financially

INNOVATE FOR THE FUTURE

  • Launch Space Force, Establish Permanent Manned Presence on The Moon and Send the First Manned Mission to Mars
  • Build the World’s Greatest Infrastructure SystemWin the Race to 5G and Establish a National High-Speed Wireless Internet Network
  • Continue to Lead the World in Access to the Cleanest Drinking Water and Cleanest Air
  • Partner with Other Nations to Clean Up our Planet’s Oceans

AMERICA FIRST FOREIGN POLICY

  • Stop Endless Wars and Bring Our Troops Home
  • Get Allies to Pay their Fair Share
  • Maintain and Expand America’s Unrivaled Military Strength
  • Wipe Out Global Terrorists Who Threaten to Harm Americans
  • Build a Great Cybersecurity Defense System and Missile Defense System

DEFEND AMERICAN VALUES

  • Continue nominating constitutionalist Supreme Court and lower court judges
  • Protect unborn life through every means available
  • Defend the freedoms of religious believers and organizations
  • Support the exercise of Second Amendment rights



spit

VOTE....EARLY
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 09/19/20 1:45pm

herb4

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

herb4 said:


FASCISM



spit



Yeah, that's all pretty inspiring, isn't it? Basically it reads like a fascistic theocratic regime. Or a 6th grader's "no homework ever" class president agenda.

But, well shucks, as long as we all have access to firearms and Bibles I guess we're all truly free, right? Everyone feeling real FREE right about now?

SOME of it up there sounds OK. But the the parts that do are just like "Totally do this thing" with no policy behind it. It may as well just read "make everything really, american, cool and great by not letting bad things happen through doing good stuff. Stop the bad people from doing bad things that aren't American. USA! USA! USA!".

And 3 days later, not one GOP shill has wandered in here to offer a single reason I should vote for any of this. The whole ideology is just "piss off progressives" near as I can tell. Childish and shallow, like deep fried cooking and loud obnoxious mufflers on Honda Civics.

In all fairness, I could say a lot of similar things about Biden (who I loathe but still plan to vote for) along with the DNC (that won't even run on liberal base issues that even Republicans favor). But at least the DNC's platform offers WAYS to do things (or not do them such is the case). And if some MAGA chud posted a thread asking "Sell Me on the Democratic Platform", I would have some direct answers and the courage to post them.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Sell Me on The Republican Platform