independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 20th Aug 2019 3:26am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > At least 4 dead in shooting in Australian city of Darwin
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 06/05/19 4:54pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 06/05/19 5:00pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Eyewitnesses said the gunman entered the Palms Hotel in the suburb of Woolner and opened fire in a number of rooms before fleeing. One person was reportedly killed there while a woman was wounded.

"A man came running with a woman in his arms from next door which is the Palms Motel, which is the motel next to my motel, and he just dropped her on the footpath right in front of us," a witness, Leah Potter, told ABC News

"I ran and got some towels and wrapped up her legs, she had little holes all in her skin on both her legs and she was bleeding everywhere."

Another witness, John Rose, told ABC that he saw the gunman walk into the motel with a sawn-off shotgun.

"He shot up all the rooms and he went to every room looking for somebody and he shot them all up, then we saw him rush out, jump into his Toyota pick-up, and rush off," Mr Rose said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-48510881

Australia saw its worst mass shooting incident in more than 20 years last year when seven members of the same family died in a murder-suicide.

More recently, a man was killed and three others wounded in a shooting outside a popular nightclub in Melbourne in April.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 06/05/19 5:19pm

IanRG

OldFriends4Sale said:

IanRG said:

.

I was spot on the mark here as evidenced by this post and your PMed explanation.

.

The point you were trying to make is it is not just the guns before people crowd that show no care but that the people who want this type of thing to stop also show no care.

.

The problem is people show more care by seeking a solution so these types of things don't occur than by trying to make a point about a statement I made in another thread against people who seek to defend a pro-gun argument they made in another thread.

.

None of this makes me envious of the USA in regards to their attitude to gun violence.

Nope, missed it still

And no one is going to make changes, typing on the org

.

If your point is so obscure that it cannot be understood even after a couple of public posts and PMing me, then you really need to consider that the fault does not lie with the person you are faliling to make the point to.

.

Obviously, discussing how things can be improved on the Org will not directly solve things - this could be said about most discussions on issues in ost places. This does not mean that they should be discussed. If I can make two people see that there is no reason Australians should be envious of the US in regards to gun violence and they convince two people each and so on and so on, then change will come and hopefully tragedies like this will be rarer in both Australia and the USA and everywhere else.

.

As we can discuss things here: Why do you think people discussing how to solve issues like this in Australia and in the USA (where they happen 10 times more per 100,000 people) is not showing care for the people killed in gun violence? Why do you think negative attitudes towards the gun violence emergency in the USA is because of envy of the US? You stated this directly to me in the discussion in a different thread that you cross posted to this thread.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 06/05/19 5:34pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

IanRG said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Nope, missed it still

And no one is going to make changes, typing on the org

.

If your point is so obscure that it cannot be understood even after a couple of public posts and PMing me, then you really need to consider that the fault does not lie with the person you are faliling to make the point to.

.

Obviously, discussing how things can be improved on the Org will not directly solve things - this could be said about most discussions on issues in ost places. This does not mean that they should be discussed. If I can make two people see that there is no reason Australians should be envious of the US in regards to gun violence and they convince two people each and so on and so on, then change will come and hopefully tragedies like this will be rarer in both Australia and the USA and everywhere else.

.

As we can discuss things here: Why do you think people discussing how to solve issues like this in Australia and in the USA (where they happen 10 times more per 100,000 people) is not showing care for the people killed in gun violence? Why do you think negative attitudes towards the gun violence emergency in the USA is because of envy of the US? You stated this directly to me in the discussion in a different thread that you cross posted to this thread.

it is the same 10 people debating in P&R

change has to take place elseware

the topic of envy had nothing to do with gun issues, that one went right over your head

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 06/05/19 5:52pm

poppys

Posting birds eye view postcard photos on a shooting death thread is just strange and disconnected.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 06/05/19 6:05pm

IanRG

OldFriends4Sale said:

IanRG said:

.

If your point is so obscure that it cannot be understood even after a couple of public posts and PMing me, then you really need to consider that the fault does not lie with the person you are faliling to make the point to.

.

Obviously, discussing how things can be improved on the Org will not directly solve things - this could be said about most discussions on issues in ost places. This does not mean that they should be discussed. If I can make two people see that there is no reason Australians should be envious of the US in regards to gun violence and they convince two people each and so on and so on, then change will come and hopefully tragedies like this will be rarer in both Australia and the USA and everywhere else.

.

As we can discuss things here: Why do you think people discussing how to solve issues like this in Australia and in the USA (where they happen 10 times more per 100,000 people) is not showing care for the people killed in gun violence? Why do you think negative attitudes towards the gun violence emergency in the USA is because of envy of the US? You stated this directly to me in the discussion in a different thread that you cross posted to this thread.

it is the same 10 people debating in P&R

change has to take place elseware

the topic of envy had nothing to do with gun issues, that one went right over your head

.

Is this the P&R forum or the prince.org site forum? The number of posters does not necessarily represent the number of readers and even it does, so what? That a person discusses things in P&R does not mean they never discuss them anywhere else. It does not mean that they will not take way a thought from here and develop it and share it and add these to other people's thoughts here and elsewhere and eventually lead to a changed world. Ground swells of public opinions expressed in your own small groups have combined and changed the world before and they will again. Without these ground swells things like marriage equity never would have happened.

.

In a thread about gun violence, in your post complaining about people accusing the US of having too much gun violence, you raised envy of the US as one of the motivations for these complaints. You sought to broaden this to include refugees and immigrants for Latin America attracted to the USA and made the statemnt that envy and admiration go hand in hand when challenged, but that was not in your orginal post or able to be inferred from it. If you think there is something complex and misunderstood in this that your audience keeps missing but only say "that one went right over your head", then you need to consider why you have not been able to explain how envy inspires criticism of the US gun violence emergency because you say you have never personally experienced the adverse outcomes of this emergency.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 06/05/19 6:20pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

IanRG said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

it is the same 10 people debating in P&R

change has to take place elseware

the topic of envy had nothing to do with gun issues, that one went right over your head

.

Is this the P&R forum or the prince.org site forum? The number of posters does not necessarily represent the number of readers and even it does, so what? That a person discusses things in P&R does not mean they never discuss them anywhere else. It does not mean that they will not take way a thought from here and develop it and share it and add these to other people's thoughts here and elsewhere and eventually lead to a changed world. Ground swells of public opinions expressed in your own small groups have combined and changed the world before and they will again. Without these ground swells things like marriage equity never would have happened.

.

In a thread about gun violence, in your post complaining about people accusing the US of having too much gun violence, you raised envy of the US as one of the motivations for these complaints. You sought to broaden this to include refugees and immigrants for Latin America attracted to the USA and made the statemnt that envy and admiration go hand in hand when challenged, but that was not in your orginal post or able to be inferred from it. If you think there is something complex and misunderstood in this that your audience keeps missing but only say "that one went right over your head", then you need to consider why you have not been able to explain how envy inspires criticism of the US gun violence emergency because you say you have never personally experienced the adverse outcomes of this emergency.

HUH? Ian, you're tripping over yourself

complaining about people accusing the US of having too much gun violence?

I know what I said about envy, it had nothing to do with guns or gun violence


Why would anyone envy that? Is that why you kept bring up envy in your posts?

Dude...

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 06/05/19 6:41pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Like I said Ian it went right over your head

You were too busy trying to argue with me

I brought up 'envy' in relation to why the USA may have such problems with violence. That the problem is beyond guns.

I told you to go back and follow it.



Maybe the issue is the distorted ideology of 'freedom' among Americans and those outside who envy it. With an undercurrent of fear.

Naw 'envy' of the US, even though the people I communicate with and debate their 'envy' the fact is countries do. They look to the US as an example of freedom

I say it's envy, because those same countries/people judge the US when it doesn't respond they way they want.

a feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 06/05/19 7:42pm

IanRG

OldFriends4Sale said:

IanRG said:

.

Is this the P&R forum or the prince.org site forum? The number of posters does not necessarily represent the number of readers and even it does, so what? That a person discusses things in P&R does not mean they never discuss them anywhere else. It does not mean that they will not take way a thought from here and develop it and share it and add these to other people's thoughts here and elsewhere and eventually lead to a changed world. Ground swells of public opinions expressed in your own small groups have combined and changed the world before and they will again. Without these ground swells things like marriage equity never would have happened.

.

In a thread about gun violence, in your post complaining about people accusing the US of having too much gun violence, you raised envy of the US as one of the motivations for these complaints. You sought to broaden this to include refugees and immigrants for Latin America attracted to the USA and made the statemnt that envy and admiration go hand in hand when challenged, but that was not in your orginal post or able to be inferred from it. If you think there is something complex and misunderstood in this that your audience keeps missing but only say "that one went right over your head", then you need to consider why you have not been able to explain how envy inspires criticism of the US gun violence emergency because you say you have never personally experienced the adverse outcomes of this emergency.

HUH? Ian, you're tripping over yourself

complaining about people accusing the US of having too much gun violence?

I know what I said about envy, it had nothing to do with guns or gun violence


Why would anyone envy that? Is that why you kept bring up envy in your posts?

Dude...

.

No tripping by me, but no answers from you.

.

Your envy comment was specifically in regards to me complaining about US gun violence. It was a direct responce my comments on the US gun violence emergency:

.

OldFriends4Sale said:

Well the continued comparisons of a country with the size population of the USA allegedly equivalent to England or a continent like Australia. There are more people in our state of Texas than in your continent of Australia.

24.6 million Australia (c0ntinent)

126.8 million Japan
55.62 million England

327.2 million USA
19.54 million (New York State)
28.7 million (Texas State)

.

.

Maybe the issue is the distorted ideology of 'freedom' among Americans and those outside who envy it.

With an undercurrent of fear. Switzerland fear of invasion...
the problem is not guns.

.

And why just compare 'western ie countries colonized by Europeans' Are they supposed to be more evolved?

.

This is about guns and guns violence.

.

First there is you not understanding that my comments were about the US gun deaths and injuris per 100,000.

.

Then there is the recognition by you that gun violence could be as a result of the US's distorted ideologyy (which I agree is distorted and obsessed with "freedom" being protected by guns and paid for in gun violence) AND those outside of the US that envy this US ideology of "freedom".

.

This leaps to Switzerland's fear of invasion, presumably because you know they have high rates of gun ownership but very low rates of gun violence.

.

Then you argue that the problem of gun violence in the US being an order of magnitude higher in the US is not a problem of guns.

.

And finally you continued your reply to my comments about gun violence with the made up quote 'western ie countries colonized by Europeans'. I never said this and it cannot be inferred by my commets because I only said "equivalent countries" and named Japan as one of these in the very post that the above was your response to.

.

The point is your envy comment was embedded in, and formed part of the reasons you were seeking to reject my comments about guns and gun violence in the US being proportionally an order of magnitude higher than in equivalent countries. If I am misinterpreting you, how?

.

As to why I brought it up: You brought up our previous conversation by cross posting an out of context comment I made in reply #38 in this thread, not me. You then had to explain to another poster that I would understand this because they did not.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 06/05/19 7:45pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

IanRG said:

.

Capital city of the Northern Territory. Named after Charles Darwin. Population less than 150,000. As the northern most capital city is was bombed by the Japanese in WWII.

did you know that Japan also bombed Washington (State) or Oregon or Idaho?

but my point was not to ask about the city... but thanks for the info...



What WAS your point?

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 06/05/19 8:10pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

dude, I posted why and were above,

Go back to the thread and read it. I was talking about reasons why we see these blow ups of violence. And that guns are not the problem, the issues are the problems, they will just find other ways to kill large numbers of people.

If you want to keep arguing that, reply in the thread where it is actually posted.

IanRG said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

.

No tripping by me, but no answers from you.

.

Your envy comment was specifically in regards to me complaining about US gun violence. It was a direct responce my comments on the US gun violence emergency:

.

OldFriends4Sale said:

Well the continued comparisons of a country with the size population of the USA allegedly equivalent to England or a continent like Australia. There are more people in our state of Texas than in your continent of Australia.

24.6 million Australia (c0ntinent)

126.8 million Japan
55.62 million England

327.2 million USA
19.54 million (New York State)
28.7 million (Texas State)

.

.

Maybe the issue is the distorted ideology of 'freedom' among Americans and those outside who envy it.

With an undercurrent of fear. Switzerland fear of invasion...
the problem is not guns.

.

And why just compare 'western ie countries colonized by Europeans' Are they supposed to be more evolved?

.

This is about guns and guns violence.

.

First there is you not understanding that my comments were about the US gun deaths and injuris per 100,000.

.

Then there is the recognition by you that gun violence could be as a result of the US's distorted ideologyy (which I agree is distorted and obsessed with "freedom" being protected by guns and paid for in gun violence) AND those outside of the US that envy this US ideology of "freedom".

.

This leaps to Switzerland's fear of invasion, presumably because you know they have high rates of gun ownership but very low rates of gun violence.

.

Then you argue that the problem of gun violence in the US being an order of magnitude higher in the US is not a problem of guns.

.

And finally you continued your reply to my comments about gun violence with the made up quote 'western ie countries colonized by Europeans'. I never said this and it cannot be inferred by my commets because I only said "equivalent countries" and named Japan as one of these in the very post that the above was your response to.

.

The point is your envy comment was embedded in, and formed part of the reasons you were seeking to reject my comments about guns and gun violence in the US being proportionally an order of magnitude higher than in equivalent countries. If I am misinterpreting you, how?

.

As to why I brought it up: You brought up our previous conversation by cross posting an out of context comment I made in reply #38 in this thread, not me. You then had to explain to another poster that I would understand this because they did not.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 06/05/19 8:11pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Your not changing gun laws on the Org. Like when people felt if we keep discussing Prince and the drugs we would save someone. Sorry

And I believe the number of views has more to do with how many times you click on it.

IanRG said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

it is the same 10 people debating in P&R

change has to take place elseware

the topic of envy had nothing to do with gun issues, that one went right over your head

.

Is this the P&R forum or the prince.org site forum? The number of posters does not necessarily represent the number of readers and even it does, so what? That a person discusses things in P&R does not mean they never discuss them anywhere else. It does not mean that they will not take way a thought from here and develop it and share it and add these to other people's thoughts here and elsewhere and eventually lead to a changed world. Ground swells of public opinions expressed in your own small groups have combined and changed the world before and they will again. Without these ground swells things like marriage equity never would have happened.

.

In a thread about gun violence, in your post complaining about people accusing the US of having too much gun violence, you raised envy of the US as one of the motivations for these complaints. You sought to broaden this to include refugees and immigrants for Latin America attracted to the USA and made the statemnt that envy and admiration go hand in hand when challenged, but that was not in your orginal post or able to be inferred from it. If you think there is something complex and misunderstood in this that your audience keeps missing but only say "that one went right over your head", then you need to consider why you have not been able to explain how envy inspires criticism of the US gun violence emergency because you say you have never personally experienced the adverse outcomes of this emergency.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 06/05/19 8:15pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Ian cut it out. You're making this way to much about you.

I already told you IN THE OTHER THREAD, that it was maplenpg that compared the issue to 'other western countries' maplenpg replied to my post, I replied with the question about why only comparing Westernized countries. Then you jumped in afterwards

We are in a thread about a recent tragedy in Darwin Australia, let's get back to it.
The world does not revolve around the USA.

IanRG said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

.

No tripping by me, but no answers from you.

.

Your envy comment was specifically in regards to me complaining about US gun violence. It was a direct responce my comments on the US gun violence emergency:

.

OldFriends4Sale said:

Well the continued comparisons of a country with the size population of the USA allegedly equivalent to England or a continent like Australia. There are more people in our state of Texas than in your continent of Australia.

24.6 million Australia (c0ntinent)

126.8 million Japan
55.62 million England

327.2 million USA
19.54 million (New York State)
28.7 million (Texas State)

.

.

Maybe the issue is the distorted ideology of 'freedom' among Americans and those outside who envy it.

With an undercurrent of fear. Switzerland fear of invasion...
the problem is not guns.

.

And why just compare 'western ie countries colonized by Europeans' Are they supposed to be more evolved?

.

This is about guns and guns violence.

.

First there is you not understanding that my comments were about the US gun deaths and injuris per 100,000.

.

Then there is the recognition by you that gun violence could be as a result of the US's distorted ideologyy (which I agree is distorted and obsessed with "freedom" being protected by guns and paid for in gun violence) AND those outside of the US that envy this US ideology of "freedom".

.

This leaps to Switzerland's fear of invasion, presumably because you know they have high rates of gun ownership but very low rates of gun violence.

.

Then you argue that the problem of gun violence in the US being an order of magnitude higher in the US is not a problem of guns.

.

And finally you continued your reply to my comments about gun violence with the made up quote 'western ie countries colonized by Europeans'. I never said this and it cannot be inferred by my commets because I only said "equivalent countries" and named Japan as one of these in the very post that the above was your response to.

.

The point is your envy comment was embedded in, and formed part of the reasons you were seeking to reject my comments about guns and gun violence in the US being proportionally an order of magnitude higher than in equivalent countries. If I am misinterpreting you, how?

.

As to why I brought it up: You brought up our previous conversation by cross posting an out of context comment I made in reply #38 in this thread, not me. You then had to explain to another poster that I would understand this because they did not.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 06/05/19 9:10pm

IanRG

OldFriends4Sale said:

Ian cut it out. You're making this way to much about you.

I already told you IN THE OTHER THREAD, that it was maplenpg that compared the issue to 'other western countries' maplenpg replied to my post, I replied with the question about why only comparing Westernized countries. Then you jumped in afterwards

We are in a thread about a recent tragedy in Darwin Australia, let's get back to it.
The world does not revolve around the USA.

IanRG said:

.

Please note you brought up the previous thread by your cross posting. I was just responding to you.

.

Your post where you said 'western ie countries colonized by Europeans' was a direct respy to my post, not maplenpg's. This is evidenced by the fact they you used the "Reply w/quote" button.

.

However, yes, lets get back to the topic.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 06/05/19 11:44pm

BombSquad

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

did you know that Japan also bombed Washington (State) or Oregon or Idaho?

but my point was not to ask about the city... but thanks for the info...



What WAS your point?


SNIP - of4$

Ideally speaking, the President of the United States and the dumbest person in the country would be two different people. Oh well.... money can't fix stupid
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 06/06/19 5:21am

poppys

As far as I can tell, there's no point to this thread at all.

Part travelocity photos, part rah-rah pro guns USA, part nothing can be done so why discuss it. Zero part about the actual victims or circumstantial insight being discussed. 100% bitchy nothingburger from what I'm reading.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 06/06/19 5:29am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

IanRG said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Ian cut it out. You're making this way to much about you.

I already told you IN THE OTHER THREAD, that it was maplenpg that compared the issue to 'other western countries' maplenpg replied to my post, I replied with the question about why only comparing Westernized countries. Then you jumped in afterwards

We are in a thread about a recent tragedy in Darwin Australia, let's get back to it.
The world does not revolve around the USA.

.

Please note you brought up the previous thread by your cross posting. I was just responding to you.

.

Your post where you said 'western ie countries colonized by Europeans' was a direct respy to my post, not maplenpg's. This is evidenced by the fact they you used the "Reply w/quote" button.

.

However, yes, lets get back to the topic.

dude

.

I just made commentary on how Org members were responding in that thread and in this one. You tried to recreate the arguement over here.

.

maplenpg used the western counties comment, in reply to my post, I brought up why do we have to only compare westernized countries, it might have been in your post but it was a general question that was sparked by #13 in that thread: I disagree. We do not have these mass killings in other western countries with much stricter gun laws.

.

I replied to #13 in post #73 I wasn't talking about in other western countries...

.

You replied to my comment from there, that was questioning maplenpg(but in general) why compare only westernized countries

.

Let's get back on topic for real.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 06/06/19 5:38am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 06/06/19 5:43am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

poppys said:

As far as I can tell, there's no point to this thread at all.

Part travelocity photos, part rah-rah pro guns USA, part nothing can be done so why discuss it. Zero part about the actual victims or circumstantial insight being discussed. 100% bitchy nothingburger from what I'm reading.

:wall: uh there she goes, always inching around me Isn't this what happens in all the threads...(comment not a question)
#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 06/06/19 5:51am

PennyPurple

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

Your not changing gun laws on the Org. Like when people felt if we keep discussing Prince and the drugs we would save someone. Sorry

And I believe the number of views has more to do with how many times you click on it.

That's not entirely true. Just because people on the Org post on the Org doesn't mean that they aren't doing something in their real life to make a change.

People here even work the polls, sign up voters, go to meetings, take part in the election process, write letters to their government officials, get up petitions, get voters to the polls, etc.

So that's not even a fair statement.



Even Sharon Nelson was trying to get the word out about drugs and not to do what P did. She said if she could just save 1 life it would be worth it. Lot's of people came out with their stories, and how P's death affected them and the problem they were having with pills.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 06/06/19 5:53am

poppys

OldFriends4Sale said:

poppys said:

As far as I can tell, there's no point to this thread at all.

Part travelocity photos, part rah-rah pro guns USA, part nothing can be done so why discuss it. Zero part about the actual victims or circumstantial insight being discussed. 100% bitchy nothingburger from what I'm reading.

wall uh there she goes, always inching around me Isn't this what happens in all the threads...(comment not a question)


bored you make all your threads about you.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 06/06/19 6:07am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

PennyPurple said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Your not changing gun laws on the Org. Like when people felt if we keep discussing Prince and the drugs we would save someone. Sorry

And I believe the number of views has more to do with how many times you click on it.

That's not entirely true. Just because people on the Org post on the Org doesn't mean that they aren't doing something in their real life to make a change.

People here even work the polls, sign up voters, go to meetings, take part in the election process, write letters to their government officials, get up petitions, get voters to the polls, etc.

So that's not even a fair statement.



Even Sharon Nelson was trying to get the word out about drugs and not to do what P did. She said if she could just save 1 life it would be worth it. Lot's of people came out with their stories, and how P's death affected them and the problem they were having with pills.

why are you just trying to disagree with me?

see post #63 I never said people are not doing anything in their real life.

I've said already that that is where it has to happen.

I said you are not going to change anything posting on the Org, that's it.

I don't follow what your disagreeing with PPenny??

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 06/06/19 6:07am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

poppys said:

As far as I can tell, there's no point to this thread at all.

Part travelocity photos, part rah-rah pro guns USA, part nothing can be done so why discuss it. Zero part about the actual victims or circumstantial insight being discussed. 100% bitchy nothingburger from what I'm reading.

they why did you post? i often see topics that by their title alone I see I have nothing to say and I usually just move on.

What is sad is several times (On this and on other topics) I have said I am willing to give into some new regulations... and at least one person used that to attack me... which was funny in a way... the name calling... for agreeing? weird?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 06/06/19 6:08am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

poppys said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

wall uh there she goes, always inching around me Isn't this what happens in all the threads...(comment not a question)


bored you make all your threads about you.

LOL no you do, as you kept nervously sniffy around me I don't live in P&R, you do. "are you posting as a regular member or a mod, I can never tell, don't ban me please..."

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 06/06/19 6:20am

djThunderfunk

avatar

BombSquad said:

RodeoSchro said:



What WAS your point?


F*G ran for the hills

as always


You used an asterick, you have to use a picture of an actual FIG to duplicate the "joke". An asterick doesn't do it.

Ross Perot was right!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 06/06/19 8:53am

poppys

OldFriends4Sale said:

poppys said:


bored you make all your threads about you.


LOL no you do, as you kept nervously sniffy around me I don't live in P&R, you do. "are you posting as a regular member or a mod, I can never tell, don't ban me please..."


don't ban me please? I never said that. You added it to what I did say - on the Virginia Beach thread. bored bored

[Edited 6/6/19 9:14am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 06/06/19 10:03am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

https://www.theguardian.c...ting-named

Family and friends mourn as first victim of Darwin mass shooting named PhD student and taxi driver Hassan Baydoun was shot while taking a meal break in apparently random attack Details of the victims of a mass shooting in Darwin have been revealed as Northern Territory police say they expect to soon lay charges against the alleged gunman. One of the victims, a PhD student and taxi driver Hassan Baydoun, had never met the accused gunman, his cousin says. Baydoun had been driving his taxi but returned home to his studio apartment in McMinn Street on Tuesday evening for a meal break. He was there at the time the gunman was going from room to room inside the building, firing his gun and shouting the name of a man – Alex – according to witness Matthew James. Baydoun, 33, moved to Darwin from Lebanon 10 years ago, his cousin and fellow Darwin resident Abdallah Salman said. He had completed a bachelors as well as a masters degree in IT and was taking a break before starting his PhD. “He was a lovely person, he had a good heart. He was a very easygoing person who was always smiling, a very happy person who didn’t have any enemies and his friends loved him,” Salman said. “As we know now he was accidentally caught up in this, I have no idea but it looks like it was a random shooting. “I don’t think he knows the guy or anything. The guy was looking for someone called Alex and he just got the wrong people.” A group of about a dozen distraught men who were friends and relatives, including Salman, gathered after the shooting outside the Palms Hotel where Baydoun lived, with many in tears. Baydoun’s two brothers used to live in Darwin but returned to Lebanon where his parents live. His cousin, Haidar Baydoun, posted in Arabic on Facebook: “God has mercy on you, cousin.” Ali Malik wrote “very sorry for your loss brother, he had nothing but smiles every time I spoke to him”. The Islamic Society of Darwin held a prayer service on Wednesday for Baydoun. The Blue Taxi Company said he was a beloved driver. “Our Company is heartbroken and his colleagues are in a state of shock,” a statement said. “Someone shot having a meal break while going about their own business.” Police are still trying to determine if the victims were known to the alleged offender and have released further details and a timeline of events. Officers alleged the man was searching for someone he knew at the Palms Motel. He allegedly threatened two people before shooting a 22-year-old female who sustained non-life threatening leg injuries. She is in hospital in a stable condition. The gunman then fatally shot a 75-year-old man at a Gardens Hill Crescent residence. Nine minutes later, he allegedly killed a 57-year-old male at the Buff Club in Stuart Park. The last victim was a 52-year-old man who was shot dead at an address in Jolly Street, Woolner. • Crisis support services can be reached 24 hours a day: Northern Territory Mental Health Line on 1800 682 288; Lifeline 13 11 14; Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467; Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800; MensLine Australia 1300 78 99 78; Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 06/06/19 10:54am

poppys

poppys said:

OldFriends4Sale said:


LOL no you do, as you kept nervously sniffy around me I don't live in P&R, you do.

"are you posting as a regular member or a mod, I can never tell, don't ban me please..."


don't ban me please? I never said that. You added and paraphrased what I did say - on the Virginia Beach thread. bored bored


Reply #98 - Virginia Beach, VA: Another Week Another Mass Shooting

...Disagreement is part of debate. I don't know if you are posting as a mod or a regular orger. You do show a lot of anger I fail to understand. There is no winning in a discussion, especially about guns, just different views...


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #88 posted 06/06/19 11:04am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

move on poppy, your just instigating now, move on if a man isn't checking for you, then he's just not that interested
#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #89 posted 06/06/19 11:10am

PennyPurple

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

PennyPurple said:

That's not entirely true. Just because people on the Org post on the Org doesn't mean that they aren't doing something in their real life to make a change.

People here even work the polls, sign up voters, go to meetings, take part in the election process, write letters to their government officials, get up petitions, get voters to the polls, etc.

So that's not even a fair statement.



Even Sharon Nelson was trying to get the word out about drugs and not to do what P did. She said if she could just save 1 life it would be worth it. Lot's of people came out with their stories, and how P's death affected them and the problem they were having with pills.

why are you just trying to disagree with me?

see post #63 I never said people are not doing anything in their real life.

I've said already that that is where it has to happen.

I said you are not going to change anything posting on the Org, that's it.

I don't follow what your disagreeing with PPenny??

Maybe, maybe not. I thought the Org was a discussion forum?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > At least 4 dead in shooting in Australian city of Darwin