independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > What to do with a stray chicken?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 3 <123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 09/03/20 4:37pm

CherryMoon57

avatar

kpowers said:

PennyPurple said:

OMG. hahahaha!!!

For the record I was talking about the lady in the picture, not the chicken lol

lol

Life Matters
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 09/03/20 6:13pm

PennyPurple

avatar

kpowers said:

PennyPurple said:

OMG. hahahaha!!!

For the record I was talking about the lady in the picture, not the chicken lol

Sure ya were! wink lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 09/03/20 6:25pm

kpowers

avatar

PennyPurple said:

kpowers said:

For the record I was talking about the lady in the picture, not the chicken lol

Sure ya were! wink lol

whistling
Chicken Mask Yellow Fur Animal Easter Fancy Dress Costume Mask | eBay

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 09/03/20 7:37pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Crazy Chicken Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 09/04/20 3:30pm

CherryMoon57

avatar

Poulette on day 2 hiding in a bush


118866863_2822919771273317_6909146998365550689_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=LY5DDbrTJVkAX9IXw1S&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=3cd03a821449284f5c5513fced99183f&oe=5F76E19E

Day 3


118856423_2822919944606633_4029510312657366308_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=eAphHFKTR3MAX864dum&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=8645bb21d7816be5ec2bea5d856c810e&oe=5F76D8E6 118819639_2822920371273257_4414063129749631254_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=i6ejYwM1dZ8AX_iCe18&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=9659873585ed3db7877b49904072d5b2&oe=5F790BEF


Her own little private garden!
118882910_2822920127939948_7626173198036077384_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=QsoZimQz_RUAX9RaXtb&_nc_oc=AQlXYBXoC14RmSN3tsg4hP6_AamvI-HjzEvVyf7myiJWjwD6tZd_pCs3L0dHM-fKh_P3k2zLZLCgsO-b3KJUCSj6&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=3e97e0a8b85428dec2243b5f24ab142c&oe=5F7994C1


[Edited 9/4/20 16:22pm]

Life Matters
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 09/04/20 4:23pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

CherryMoon57 said:

Poulette on day 2 hiding in a bush




Day 3







Looking as happy as a chicken can look! wink

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 09/04/20 4:32pm

CherryMoon57

avatar

^ Lol chickens are no different from cats really. They can appear enigmatic to an outsider but after a while decoding their behaviour becomes second nature. I'm sure I saw Poulette 'smile' at me today smile

[Edited 9/4/20 16:36pm]

Life Matters
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 09/04/20 6:06pm

PURplEMaPLeSyr
up

avatar

sweeet. penguin duck dove i really like all the sounds chickens come out with. my favorite might b the "questioning wtf sound" when they discover something interesting. awww.

flowing through the veins of the tree of life...purplemaplesyrup
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 09/04/20 6:41pm

RJOrion

CherryMoon57 said:

^ Lol chickens are no different from cats really. They can appear enigmatic to an outsider but after a while decoding their behaviour becomes second nature. I'm sure I saw Poulette 'smile' at me today smile

[Edited 9/4/20 16:36pm]




not true... chickens dont have 9 lives and u cant train them to doodoo in a litter box
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 09/04/20 6:43pm

RJOrion

how dare you compare the majestic feline to a delicious sandwich from Popeyes
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 09/04/20 7:16pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

RJOrion said:

how dare you compare the majestic feline to a delicious sandwich from Popeyes

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 09/04/20 10:33pm

kpowers

avatar

Look like she has a happy home now thumbs up!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 09/05/20 7:32am

CherryMoon57

avatar

RJOrion said:

CherryMoon57 said:

^ Lol chickens are no different from cats really. They can appear enigmatic to an outsider but after a while decoding their behaviour becomes second nature. I'm sure I saw Poulette 'smile' at me today smile

[Edited 9/4/20 16:36pm]

not true... chickens dont have 9 lives and u cant train them to doodoo in a litter box

My Poulette was in such a state on her first day here: many feathers missing, dirty dry mudd underneath and looking very disorientated. She looked like she had escaped from the chicken plant, most likely jumped off a lorry à la James Bond, crossed many roads, motorways, muddy ponds and rivers, had probably gone many days without food or water, been sleeping in dark forests and managed to run away from hungry foxes before finally reaching her destination. She is a survivor! We can safely say that she has had at least 10 lives lol. As for her 'doodoos', with all the good food she eats, they make a brilliant 'supplement' for the compost bin.

Life Matters
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 09/05/20 7:33am

CherryMoon57

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

RJOrion said:

how dare you compare the majestic feline to a delicious sandwich from Popeyes

lol lol lol

Life Matters
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 09/05/20 9:20am

kpowers

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

RJOrion said:

how dare you compare the majestic feline to a delicious sandwich from Popeyes

a3339e83167a01e2968b347bc28eee3e.jpg

That's XxAxX peeps

5d7659c200c98091c5fc0f2551794591.jpg219f48f5afff1a085e63cc2eab9e90b5--funny-animals-farm-animals.jpg

[Edited 9/5/20 10:03am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 09/05/20 10:33am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

kpowers said:

purplethunder3121 said:

a3339e83167a01e2968b347bc28eee3e.jpg

That's XxAxX peeps

5d7659c200c98091c5fc0f2551794591.jpg219f48f5afff1a085e63cc2eab9e90b5--funny-animals-farm-animals.jpg

[Edited 9/5/20 10:03am]

lol lol lol lol lol

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 09/05/20 10:56am

RJOrion

purplethunder3121 said:

RJOrion said:

how dare you compare the majestic feline to a delicious sandwich from Popeyes

Colonel Sanders goes hunting for Sonic recolors - YouTube

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 09/05/20 11:40am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

RJOrion said:

purplethunder3121 said:

Colonel Sanders goes hunting for Sonic recolors - YouTube

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 09/05/20 12:10pm

RJOrion

purplethunder3121 said:

RJOrion said:

Colonel Sanders goes hunting for Sonic recolors - YouTube

China Automatic Controlled Chicken Slaughter Production Line - China  Slaughter Machine, Slaughter Equipment

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 09/05/20 12:19pm

onlyforaminute

RJ you're so mean. razz . I can honestly say i wouldn't have put this much work over a chicken but I'd have done something, the thought of all these cats and a random coyote around would have bothered me. Luckily we have a very inclusive SCPA they'd take it if I got it to them. I've done it a few time with random strays.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 09/05/20 11:04pm

maplenpg

onlyforaminute said:

RJ you're so mean. razz . I can honestly say i wouldn't have put this much work over a chicken but I'd have done something, the thought of all these cats and a random coyote around would have bothered me. Luckily we have a very inclusive SCPA they'd take it if I got it to them. I've done it a few time with random strays.

I'd have called my neighbour. It would have probably been his anyway. I do admire people that don't turn a blind eye to animals in distress though, and Poulette looks like she's landed on her feet at Cherry's.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 09/07/20 3:59pm

CherryMoon57

avatar

^Thanks maple! Quick update: Poulette is still doing well, the coop is not ready yet but I have made a temporary one with an old bike shed and she is now also free to roam in the whole garden during the day (when the cats are asleep in the house). I will post more photos soon!

Life Matters
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 09/07/20 5:15pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

heart how close is it to your house?

nothin can lify that up from the bottom?

CherryMoon57 said:

Poulette on day 2 hiding in a bush


118866863_2822919771273317_6909146998365550689_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=LY5DDbrTJVkAX9IXw1S&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=3cd03a821449284f5c5513fced99183f&oe=5F76E19E

Day 3


118856423_2822919944606633_4029510312657366308_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=eAphHFKTR3MAX864dum&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=8645bb21d7816be5ec2bea5d856c810e&oe=5F76D8E6 118819639_2822920371273257_4414063129749631254_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=i6ejYwM1dZ8AX_iCe18&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=9659873585ed3db7877b49904072d5b2&oe=5F790BEF


Her own little private garden!
118882910_2822920127939948_7626173198036077384_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=QsoZimQz_RUAX9RaXtb&_nc_oc=AQlXYBXoC14RmSN3tsg4hP6_AamvI-HjzEvVyf7myiJWjwD6tZd_pCs3L0dHM-fKh_P3k2zLZLCgsO-b3KJUCSj6&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=3e97e0a8b85428dec2243b5f24ab142c&oe=5F7994C1


[Edited 9/4/20 16:22pm]

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://prince.org/msg/7/464433 9.24.2020
if you ever try the lotus position
Try it while you're being strangled
Do U understand what I'm saying?
#IDEFINEME
It’s unloving and selfish to be easily offended
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 09/07/20 5:48pm

onlyforaminute

maplenpg said:



onlyforaminute said:


RJ you're so mean. razz . I can honestly say i wouldn't have put this much work over a chicken but I'd have done something, the thought of all these cats and a random coyote around would have bothered me. Luckily we have a very inclusive SCPA they'd take it if I got it to them. I've done it a few time with random strays.

I'd have called my neighbour. It would have probably been his anyway. I do admire people that don't turn a blind eye to animals in distress though, and Poulette looks like she's landed on her feet at Cherry's.



I'm remembering my neighbor chasing their goose down the street.a while ago. Noone driving thru this normal residential neighborhood would believe the number of people who keep what would classify as barnyard animals. I probably wouldn't bat an eye if I saw an emu running down the street. Maybe.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 09/07/20 6:55pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

maplenpg said:

I'd have called my neighbour. It would have probably been his anyway. I do admire people that don't turn a blind eye to animals in distress though, and Poulette looks like she's landed on her feet at Cherry's.

I'm remembering my neighbor chasing their goose down the street.a while ago. Noone driving thru this normal residential neighborhood would believe the number of people who keep what would classify as barnyard animals. I probably wouldn't bat an eye if I saw an emu running down the street. Maybe.

Reminds me of when I went to church for my Mom's funeral... In the field across the road that used to hold grazing cows, there were llamas! eek lol

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 09/08/20 3:49am

CherryMoon57

avatar

The photos of day 3 were taken when she was in her first installation at the bottom of the garden, not too far from the house. I've since moved her somewhere more secure. It's all still very temporary and not very pretty but still doing the job until the coop is finished. She seems quite happy with her current setting, doing all her usual chicken routines like dust bathing in the sun, walking around the garden etc and can make her way back to her main area and find her basket all by herself. Most amazing is that she is getting along with the cats! I will post some more photos later and as things progress. smile

OldFriends4Sale said:

heart how close is it to your house?

nothin can lify that up from the bottom?

CherryMoon57 said:

Poulette on day 2 hiding in a bush


118866863_2822919771273317_6909146998365550689_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=LY5DDbrTJVkAX9IXw1S&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=3cd03a821449284f5c5513fced99183f&oe=5F76E19E

Day 3


118856423_2822919944606633_4029510312657366308_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=eAphHFKTR3MAX864dum&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=8645bb21d7816be5ec2bea5d856c810e&oe=5F76D8E6 118819639_2822920371273257_4414063129749631254_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=i6ejYwM1dZ8AX_iCe18&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=9659873585ed3db7877b49904072d5b2&oe=5F790BEF


Her own little private garden!
118882910_2822920127939948_7626173198036077384_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=QsoZimQz_RUAX9RaXtb&_nc_oc=AQlXYBXoC14RmSN3tsg4hP6_AamvI-HjzEvVyf7myiJWjwD6tZd_pCs3L0dHM-fKh_P3k2zLZLCgsO-b3KJUCSj6&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=3e97e0a8b85428dec2243b5f24ab142c&oe=5F7994C1


[Edited 9/4/20 16:22pm]

Life Matters
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 09/08/20 8:12am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

I'd keep an eye on those cats... lol Just when you turn your back...

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 10/21/20 4:28pm

CherryMoon57

avatar

Quick chicken news (as it's late): Poulette started laying eggs on day 10 (the first one was huge and double yolk!). She has been laying a large egg everyday since. I was told she is a Golden Comet hybrid - a type of chicken that is normally used for commercial free range organic eggs. Lately, I went on holiday to France and regretfully had to leave Poulette with a lady who has many chickens. I missed her (Poulette) and my cats a lot when I was away and was really looking forward to coming back. I must be getting old lol. Upon return we had to quarantine but eventually, we were able to get Poulette back. She inaugurated the new pen and coop on her return and, a day later, I got her two new friends: Biscotte (a cuckoo maran bantam) and Roussette (black tailed rhode island red pullet). After a day of pecking order formalities, they all started getting along fine and are now living happily together. Photos will be posted soon (not sure why the old ones have disappeared).

Life Matters
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 10/24/20 1:49am

maplenpg

CherryMoon57 said:

Quick chicken news (as it's late): Poulette started laying eggs on day 10 (the first one was huge and double yolk!). She has been laying a large egg everyday since. I was told she is a Golden Comet hybrid - a type of chicken that is normally used for commercial free range organic eggs. Lately, I went on holiday to France and regretfully had to leave Poulette with a lady who has many chickens. I missed her (Poulette) and my cats a lot when I was away and was really looking forward to coming back. I must be getting old lol. Upon return we had to quarantine but eventually, we were able to get Poulette back. She inaugurated the new pen and coop on her return and, a day later, I got her two new friends: Biscotte (a cuckoo maran bantam) and Roussette (black tailed rhode island red pullet). After a day of pecking order formalities, they all started getting along fine and are now living happily together. Photos will be posted soon (not sure why the old ones have disappeared).

Thanks for the update. Sounds like Poulette landed well and truly on her feet and she now has friends!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 10/27/20 9:14pm

Margot

Your chicken, Poulette, is a lucky girl. They can bond with you. We had chickens who fell into our pool and after blow-drying them, they would follow us around and were quite affectionate.

Just make sure there are no weak spots in the chicken house that 'varmints' can sneak into.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 3 <123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > What to do with a stray chicken?