independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 19th Jul 2019 8:33am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Star Wars Episode IX: Trailer and Title Released! (Spoilers?)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 4 1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/12/19 3:32am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Star Wars Episode IX: Trailer and Title Released! (Spoilers?)

Star Wars: Rise of the Skywalker




Maybe I am a fool but I have hopes this one is better! (at least than Solo and Last Jedi).




I belive you can watch the live streams from the following links: (I know some people will try to stream it with commentary but knowing Disney they will shut them down)

https://www.starwars.com/

https://www.starwarscelebration.com/


https://www.youtube.com/user/starwars

[Edited 4/12/19 14:02pm]

[Edited 4/12/19 14:03pm]

Being a die-hard civil rights champion,
Being a die-hard libertarian,
Sometimes I have to defend
that which I find distasteful.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/12/19 4:20am

JorisE73

Great news!
I thought it was tomorrow so greta to hear it's in a few hours. thumbs up!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/12/19 4:35am

JorisE73

Seems the title has leaked : Will of the Force

flj6I0y.jpg

[Edited 4/12/19 5:36am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/12/19 5:40am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

JorisE73 said:

Seems the title has leaked : Will of the Force


flj6I0y.jpg

[Edited 4/12/19 5:36am]




I doubt it.. That is the name of a fan film from 2017.
Being a die-hard civil rights champion,
Being a die-hard libertarian,
Sometimes I have to defend
that which I find distasteful.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/12/19 5:55am

JorisE73

OnlyNDaUsa said:

JorisE73 said:

Seems the title has leaked : Will of the Force

flj6I0y.jpg

[Edited 4/12/19 5:36am]

I doubt it.. That is the name of a fan film from 2017.



The Last Jedi
was also a fan film back in 2014 so that doesn't mean much.
Supposedly this poster shot is from the celebration.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/12/19 6:11am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

JorisE73 said:



OnlyNDaUsa said:


JorisE73 said:

Seems the title has leaked : Will of the Force


flj6I0y.jpg


[Edited 4/12/19 5:36am]



I doubt it.. That is the name of a fan film from 2017.



The Last Jedi
was also a fan film back in 2014 so that doesn't mean much.
Supposedly this poster shot is from the celebration.




And some books called "the last of the Jedi"
Being a die-hard civil rights champion,
Being a die-hard libertarian,
Sometimes I have to defend
that which I find distasteful.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/12/19 6:39am

kpowers

avatar

woot! popcorn bananadance yoda yoda

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/12/19 6:43am

kpowers

avatar

Will of the force???? confuse

Image result for wil wheaton star warsImage result for wil wheaton star warsImage result for wil wheaton star warsImage result for wil wheaton and mark hamill

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/12/19 6:52am

EmmaMcG

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Today at the Star Wars Episode IX: Trailer and Title should be reviled!!

For "the Last Jedi" I avoided all trailers... this time maybe not!

Maybe I am a fool but I have hopes this one is better! (at least than Solo and Last Jedi).


I think the revieal is 11ish CST (9 AM Org time?)



I belive you can watch the live streams from the following links: (I know some people will try to stream it with commentary but knowing Disney they will shut them down)




https://www.starwars.com/

https://www.starwarscelebration.com/



https://www.youtube.com/user/starwars

[Edited 4/12/19 4:05am]



You said "the Star Wars Episode IX trailer and title will be REVILED". I assume you meant "REVEALED" but what makes it funny is that you're probably right to say "reviled". If I know the internet, and I think I do, then certain people are going to come out of the woodwork and pour scorn on it no matter what.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/12/19 7:18am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Today at the Star Wars Episode IX: Trailer and Title should be reviled!!

For "the Last Jedi" I avoided all trailers... this time maybe not!

Maybe I am a fool but I have hopes this one is better! (at least than Solo and Last Jedi).


I think the revieal is 11ish CST (9 AM Org time?)



I belive you can watch the live streams from the following links: (I know some people will try to stream it with commentary but knowing Disney they will shut them down)




https://www.starwars.com/

https://www.starwarscelebration.com/



https://www.youtube.com/user/starwars

[Edited 4/12/19 4:05am]



You said "the Star Wars Episode IX trailer and title will be REVILED". I assume you meant "REVEALED" but what makes it funny is that you're probably right to say "reviled". If I know the internet, and I think I do, then certain people are going to come out of the woodwork and pour scorn on it no matter what.



Lol. Me fail English that unpossible.
Being a die-hard civil rights champion,
Being a die-hard libertarian,
Sometimes I have to defend
that which I find distasteful.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/12/19 8:27am

EmmaMcG

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

EmmaMcG said:



You said "the Star Wars Episode IX trailer and title will be REVILED". I assume you meant "REVEALED" but what makes it funny is that you're probably right to say "reviled". If I know the internet, and I think I do, then certain people are going to come out of the woodwork and pour scorn on it no matter what.



Lol. Me fail English that unpossible.


LOL. Like I said, both are correct so your mistake isn't really a mistake at all.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/12/19 10:11am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

The title is... The rise of skywalker
[Edited 4/12/19 11:01am]
Being a die-hard civil rights champion,
Being a die-hard libertarian,
Sometimes I have to defend
that which I find distasteful.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/12/19 10:20am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

And yet another movie with a death star in it...this makes...9 out of the 11...
Being a die-hard civil rights champion,
Being a die-hard libertarian,
Sometimes I have to defend
that which I find distasteful.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/12/19 10:24am

SquirrelMeat

avatar

.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/12/19 10:46am

JorisE73

Wow, I don't know whats worse, Will of the Force or The Rise of the Skywalker.

The lame trend of using the word 'Rise' or any form of it sadly continues.

I like the teaser tho. A crached down Death Star (at least I think it ws that) was cool to see and Palpatine's laugh actually gave me goosebumps. I'm a sucker for such corny stuff.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 04/12/19 12:16pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

That was Palatine laughing wasn't it? That was my first reaction but my husband said it sounds a bit like Hamill's Joker laugh and I dismissed it but now I'm not sure. I'm 98% that it's Palatine though.

I don't mind the title. The name of a movie has no impact on a movie's quality so it could have been called Star Wars Episode 9: Jar Jar Rides Again and I'd still be hyped for it.

The title does throw up an interesting question though. Rise of Skywalker. Luke is dead. Anakin is dead. I doubt Leia will feature much because Carrie Fisher is dead. Now, the title could be hinting at Luke or possibly even Anakin returning in some form to help Rey but I doubt it. I think the Skywalker who is rising is Rey herself. I think Kylo Ren was full of shit and that Rey actually is a somebody. Possibly even his sister. I think she will rise up as a full on Jedi Master and kick the fuck out of Kylo and his Merry Men and put a stop to the Sith once and for all, thus fulfilling the prophecy Liam Neeson mentioned in Episode 1.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 04/12/19 1:44pm

Hudson

avatar

Great trailer! Hype!

Btw, does the droid control ship in TPM count as a death star? If not then it's only 8 out of 11.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 04/12/19 1:52pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

That was Palatine laughing wasn't it? That was my first reaction but my husband said it sounds a bit like Hamill's Joker laugh and I dismissed it but now I'm not sure. I'm 98% that it's Palatine though. I don't mind the title. The name of a movie has no impact on a movie's quality so it could have been called Star Wars Episode 9: Jar Jar Rides Again and I'd still be hyped for it. The title does throw up an interesting question though. Rise of Skywalker. Luke is dead. Anakin is dead. I doubt Leia will feature much because Carrie Fisher is dead. Now, the title could be hinting at Luke or possibly even Anakin returning in some form to help Rey but I doubt it. I think the Skywalker who is rising is Rey herself. I think Kylo Ren was full of shit and that Rey actually is a somebody. Possibly even his sister. I think she will rise up as a full on Jedi Master and kick the fuck out of Kylo and his Merry Men and put a stop to the Sith once and for all, thus fulfilling the prophecy Liam Neeson mentioned in Episode 1.

Yes! At the convetion...as soon as the Teaser ends Ian McDiarmid is on stage and all he said was something like "Run it again!" and he drops the mic...

Being a die-hard civil rights champion,
Being a die-hard libertarian,
Sometimes I have to defend
that which I find distasteful.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 04/12/19 1:59pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Hudson said:

Great trailer! Hype! Btw, does the droid control ship in TPM count as a death star? If not then it's only 8 out of 11.

it is seen in (1) AOTC, (2)ROTS, (3)Roge One, (4)ANH, it is mentioned in the(5) ESN opening craw, (6)RotJ, (7)TFA, in (8)TLJ the gun used to open the doors at the Crait base was said to be Death Star tech, and now TROS makes 9.

[Edited 4/12/19 14:00pm]

Being a die-hard civil rights champion,
Being a die-hard libertarian,
Sometimes I have to defend
that which I find distasteful.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 04/12/19 2:41pm

LadyLayla

avatar

Lando is back!!!

Style is the second cousin to class
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 04/12/19 2:50pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

LadyLayla said:

Lando is back!!!

Lando Never Left!

Being a die-hard civil rights champion,
Being a die-hard libertarian,
Sometimes I have to defend
that which I find distasteful.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 04/12/19 2:53pm

kpowers

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

LadyLayla said:

Lando is back!!!

Lando Never Left!

He should have pop up at the end of Last Jedi

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 04/12/19 2:59pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

kpowers said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Lando Never Left!

He should have pop up at the end of Last Jedi

In the Panel Billy was asked if it was hard to find Lando? and He said "Lando never left."

Being a die-hard civil rights champion,
Being a die-hard libertarian,
Sometimes I have to defend
that which I find distasteful.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 04/12/19 3:36pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:



EmmaMcG said:


That was Palatine laughing wasn't it? That was my first reaction but my husband said it sounds a bit like Hamill's Joker laugh and I dismissed it but now I'm not sure. I'm 98% that it's Palatine though. I don't mind the title. The name of a movie has no impact on a movie's quality so it could have been called Star Wars Episode 9: Jar Jar Rides Again and I'd still be hyped for it. The title does throw up an interesting question though. Rise of Skywalker. Luke is dead. Anakin is dead. I doubt Leia will feature much because Carrie Fisher is dead. Now, the title could be hinting at Luke or possibly even Anakin returning in some form to help Rey but I doubt it. I think the Skywalker who is rising is Rey herself. I think Kylo Ren was full of shit and that Rey actually is a somebody. Possibly even his sister. I think she will rise up as a full on Jedi Master and kick the fuck out of Kylo and his Merry Men and put a stop to the Sith once and for all, thus fulfilling the prophecy Liam Neeson mentioned in Episode 1.



Yes! At the convetion...as soon as the Teaser ends Ian McDiarmid is on stage and all he said was something like "Run it again!" and he drops the mic...



He should have said "Do it!"

By the way, I don't know why my phone's auto correct keeps changing Palpatine to Palatine. I know I could have edited my post but I chose to leave it because I thought it was funny.
[Edited 4/12/19 15:38pm]
[Edited 4/12/19 15:39pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 04/12/19 3:59pm

Hudson

avatar

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 04/12/19 6:55pm

Hudson

avatar

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 04/12/19 8:11pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

JorisE73 said:

Seems the title has leaked : Will of the Force


flj6I0y.jpg

[Edited 4/12/19 5:36am]



Mark Hamal said on twitter (I don't remember his exact words) that the poster is not official and likely fan msde
Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 04/12/19 8:18pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

That was Palatine laughing wasn't it?

Id bet it was him! nod
Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 04/12/19 9:51pm

Hudson

avatar

[youtube]https://youtu.be/ZijkWOhj_G4[/url]

Edit: Whoops!


[Edited 4/12/19 21:52pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 04/13/19 1:18am

JorisE73

So in the beginnig of the teaser is she training with the person in the Tie Fighter?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 4 1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Star Wars Episode IX: Trailer and Title Released! (Spoilers?)