independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 24th Aug 2019 4:19pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Here is the secret to being eternally young
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/24/17 8:35am

RodeoSchro

avatar

Here is the secret to being eternally young


You think I'm joking but I'm not. There is a way to always consider yourself young. And here it is:

Simply remind yourself that in 5 years, or 10 years, you will look back on how old you are right now and think, "Man, I sure was young then but didn't realize it".

Ask anyone who is "old". No matter what their age, they will tell you that five years ago they were young. Or, at least not old.

How old are you now? Think back to 5 years ago. Or 10 years ago. In your mind, don't you consider that you were "young" then? Well, it's going to be the same thing in 5 or 10 years from now. You'll look back at 2017 and see yourself as young.

Therefore, no matter what age you are, you are young RIGHT NOW. And you always will be.

That's it, enjoy your day!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/24/17 9:10am

EmmaMcG

avatar

In April I'll be 27. I know I'm not old. But I do feel old. Especially when I'm listening to my little sister and her friends talk about music and people I've never heard of.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/24/17 9:36am

RodeoSchro

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

In April I'll be 27. I know I'm not old. But I do feel old. Especially when I'm listening to my little sister and her friends talk about music and people I've never heard of.



In five years no one will remember the Father John Mistys of today, just as no one remembers The Decemberists or Bon Iver any more.

But we'll always remember Prince!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/24/17 10:48am

EmmaMcG

avatar

RodeoSchro said:



EmmaMcG said:


In April I'll be 27. I know I'm not old. But I do feel old. Especially when I'm listening to my little sister and her friends talk about music and people I've never heard of.



In five years no one will remember the Father John Mistys of today, just as no one remembers The Decemberists or Bon Iver any more.

But we'll always remember Prince!



I don't know any of the people you mentioned except for Prince. I've seen the name Bon Ivor but only when I'm looking for Bon Jovi.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/24/17 10:58am

RodeoSchro

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

RodeoSchro said:



In five years no one will remember the Father John Mistys of today, just as no one remembers The Decemberists or Bon Iver any more.

But we'll always remember Prince!

I don't know any of the people you mentioned except for Prince. I've seen the name Bon Ivor but only when I'm looking for Bon Jovi.



You aren't missing anything. And to be honest, I've never heard anything by "Father John Misty" but judging from his hipster beard, hipster tattoos and hipster cigarettes, I do not think there's anything he could do that I would find interesting.

BTW, just remember - when you are 32 or 37, you're going to think that 27 was really young. So never feel old - because you never are!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/24/17 11:45am

Lammastide

avatar

Coconut oil, minimal sun exposure, and bathing in the blood of virgins help too. nod

Ὅσον ζῇς φαίνου
μηδὲν ὅλως σὺ λυποῦ
πρὸς ὀλίγον ἐστὶ τὸ ζῆν
τὸ τέλος ὁ χρόνος ἀπαιτεῖ.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/24/17 12:44pm

morningsong

Lammastide said:

Coconut oil, minimal sun exposure, and bathing in the blood of virgins help too. nod



eek giggle smh


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/24/17 2:00pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

RodeoSchro said:



EmmaMcG said:


RodeoSchro said:




In five years no one will remember the Father John Mistys of today, just as no one remembers The Decemberists or Bon Iver any more.

But we'll always remember Prince!



I don't know any of the people you mentioned except for Prince. I've seen the name Bon Ivor but only when I'm looking for Bon Jovi.



You aren't missing anything. And to be honest, I've never heard anything by "Father John Misty" but judging from his hipster beard, hipster tattoos and hipster cigarettes, I do not think there's anything he could do that I would find interesting.

BTW, just remember - when you are 32 or 37, you're going to think that 27 was really young. So never feel old - because you never are!



Hey! I'm not 27 yet! smile
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/27/17 6:59am

RodeoSchro

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

RodeoSchro said:



You aren't missing anything. And to be honest, I've never heard anything by "Father John Misty" but judging from his hipster beard, hipster tattoos and hipster cigarettes, I do not think there's anything he could do that I would find interesting.

BTW, just remember - when you are 32 or 37, you're going to think that 27 was really young. So never feel old - because you never are!

Hey! I'm not 27 yet! smile



LOL, I know. But you're so close!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/27/17 7:23am

Genesia

avatar

I maintain that, no matter how old you get, you're always 27 in your head.

That's why it's such a shock looking in the mirror as you get older. Your mental image of yourself no longer matches your face. confused

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/27/17 2:24pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

The secret to being eternally young is not to live and die by the mirror.

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/27/17 4:25pm

Rightly

avatar

Genesia said:

I maintain that, no matter how old you get, you're always 27 in your head.

That's why it's such a shock looking in the mirror as you get older. Your mental image of yourself no longer matches your face. confused

very well said

i was recently in a pop music video of a friend
although it didn't occur to me at the time they were all young uns
watching the video later I surprised myself! lol.

small circles, big wheels!
I've got a pretty firm grip on the obvious!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 02/27/17 5:23pm

Pokeno4Money

avatar

RodeoSchro said:


You think I'm joking but I'm not. There is a way to always consider yourself young. And here it is:

Simply remind yourself that in 5 years, or 10 years, you will look back on how old you are right now and think, "Man, I sure was young then but didn't realize it".

Ask anyone who is "old". No matter what their age, they will tell you that five years ago they were young. Or, at least not old.

How old are you now? Think back to 5 years ago. Or 10 years ago. In your mind, don't you consider that you were "young" then? Well, it's going to be the same thing in 5 or 10 years from now. You'll look back at 2017 and see yourself as young.

Therefore, no matter what age you are, you are young RIGHT NOW. And you always will be.

That's it, enjoy your day!


I think more than anything, it's all about wishing we were younger. No matter what our age, if we could roll back the clock 5 or 10 years we'd be thrilled.

That's why I sometimes think of myself as the "future me" having traveled back in time. Who wouldn't want that opportunity? When you look at an old picture, and you remember who was in your life back then and what you were doing, you think how great it would be to jump back to that setting at that point in time.

We've all "jumped back" to 2017 ... so let's enjoy it, because soon enough it will be 2027.

"Jussie Smollett wanted to become the Rosa Parks of Gay Black Men, but instead he became the Rosie Ruiz."

https://nypost.com/2019/0...a-is-long/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 02/27/17 6:13pm

funkycat00

avatar

A good facial soap. biggrin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Here is the secret to being eternally young