independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 16th Oct 2018 3:32am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > New P-Funk: I'm Gonna Make u Sick
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 6 123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/08/18 7:52pm

Graycap23

avatar

New P-Funk: I'm Gonna Make u Sick

4 those who don't like their FUNK watered down.

[Edited 5/8/18 20:15pm]

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/08/18 8:30pm

SoulAlive

finally we get the video smile I hope the album is on its way soon
[Edited 5/9/18 0:47am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/09/18 8:02am

EmmaMcG

Love the video.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/09/18 9:38am

NorthC

Yeah, it's funny. Although I wouldn't call this "new P-Funk" because they've been playing this for a while. George takes his own sweet time...
I may disagree with everything you say, but I will defend your right to say it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/10/18 4:09pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

NorthC said:

Yeah, it's funny. Although I wouldn't call this "new P-Funk" because they've been playing this for a while. George takes his own sweet time...

Hopefully, the album will be out by the time he retires next year... lol

There's no them...there's only us...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/10/18 6:42pm

phunkdaddy

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:



NorthC said:


Yeah, it's funny. Although I wouldn't call this "new P-Funk" because they've been playing this for a while. George takes his own sweet time...

Hopefully, the album will be out by the time he retires next year... lol



:falloff:

I saw PFunk in 2014. George don't even come on stage until an hour later.
George still the man though.
Don't laugh at my funk
This funk is a serious joint
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/11/18 10:37am

NorthC

phunkdaddy said:

purplethunder3121 said:



NorthC said:


Yeah, it's funny. Although I wouldn't call this "new P-Funk" because they've been playing this for a while. George takes his own sweet time...

Hopefully, the album will be out by the time he retires next year... lol



:falloff:

I saw PFunk in 2014. George don't even come on stage until an hour later.
George still the man though.

Yeah well, if the show lasts for three hours, that's not so bad... Better than Sly Stone being on stage for barely twenty minutes in a one hour show... But, wtf, I saw Sly Stone live...
I may disagree with everything you say, but I will defend your right to say it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/11/18 1:17pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

NorthC said:

phunkdaddy said:
falloff I saw PFunk in 2014. George don't even come on stage until an hour later. George still the man though.
Yeah well, if the show lasts for three hours, that's not so bad... Better than Sly Stone being on stage for barely twenty minutes in a one hour show... But, wtf, I saw Sly Stone live...

I saw George last fall and he came on right after the opening band performed (headed by his Grandson). He performed "I'm Gonna Make U Sick" and was pretty much there the rest of the three hours although he would sit in a chair on stage occasionally to give the spotlight to others. But at the end George seemed re-energized, especially after he smoked an audience member's vaporizer. lol

There's no them...there's only us...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/11/18 1:22pm

Graycap23

avatar

I stopped going 2 P-Funk show a few years ago. Got bored with the weed in the audience.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/12/18 12:26am

NorthC

Graycap23 said:

I stopped going 2 P-Funk show a few years ago. Got bored with the weed in the audience.


When I saw them in Rotterdam a few years ago, George was even smoking weed on stage. blunt
For the rest, my experience was much like Purple Thunder's: George on stage from the beginning, but sitting down a lot. Can't blame him, at his age.
[Edited 5/12/18 0:28am]
I may disagree with everything you say, but I will defend your right to say it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/12/18 3:34am

mrwiggles

Yeah, anyone who has seen him since they started doing the "Gate" material a few years back knows he's been coming right out and hitting the stage from the jump.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/12/18 10:14am

SoulAlive

George Clinton Is Retiring From Touring Because He "Funked Too Hard"

May 11, 2018 | 3:37 PM

Parliament-Funkadelic mastermind George Clinton got a pacemaker about three weeks ago and subsequently announced he was retiring from touring last month.

But the 77-year-old funk legend will still produce albums. In fact, he just shared a new video for “I’m Gon Make U Sick’O Me” featuring Scarface and Mudbone, which serves as the inaugural single from Parliament’s upcoming project, Medicaid Fraud Dawg.

“I’m going to miss just doing it [touring],” Clinton tells HipHopDX. “I’ve been practicing letting the band do it though and directing but I’m going to have fun still producing the albums and keeping the concepts going. They got the new fresh energy and they’ve been killing it for the last two years. I feel good, I feel safe. I have to do it. I got the pacemaker put in, so I have to pace myself anyway [laughs].”

Clinton still smokes weed but everything else is off limits. His experience is the inspiration behind Medicaid Frawd Dawg (expected to arrive on June 22).

eek biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/12/18 10:24am

NorthC

Age is catching up with him. I just want to say thank you for funking so hard all those years and giving the P-ple what they want. (And they wants it all the time.)
And he is right about the meds.
I may disagree with everything you say, but I will defend your right to say it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/12/18 12:07pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

NorthC said:

Age is catching up with him. I just want to say thank you for funking so hard all those years and giving the P-ple what they want. (And they wants it all the time.) And he is right about the meds.

And George has been funking hard all these years. Didn't know about the pacemaker. Kudos to him for taking care of himself and for all the great funkin' times. What a ride...

There's no them...there's only us...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/12/18 1:36pm

DarkHorse77

SoulAlive said:

pace myself anyway [laughs].”
Medicaid Frawd Dawg (expected to arrive on June 22).[/b]

eek biggrin

Hell yeah! Looking forward to June 22!

"Anna Stesia come to me, talk to me, ravish me
Liberate my mind."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/12/18 4:03pm

SoulAlive

Image may contain: 6 people

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/12/18 4:45pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

^^^ Love it. lol

There's no them...there's only us...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/13/18 9:05am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

Graycap23 said:

I stopped going 2 P-Funk show a few years ago. Got bored with the weed in the audience.

WTFunk you are not gardening at a PFUNK show.

I think we can all collectively say.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 05/13/18 9:22am

mrwiggles

The video has improved my reception of the jam. Especially the Mudbone part. I thought it wasn't much to the song upon first hearing it. It's got "that thang" on it. I do wonder what the origin of that release date came from though. I guess we will have to wait and see. Can't rush the king of funk, he's got a plan and knows what he's doing.

I'm also not one of these fans that is against him going with some rap on the record. On the contrary I feel it should be there, just don't go overboard with it. His music has has informed hip hop, I feel it only natural for it to inform his. He is going to embrace what's current, always. That's what gives him the energy to keep doing it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 05/13/18 10:14am

NorthC

"Some rap" is okay, but at the end of the day, we're talking funk, not rap. I stopped buying Bootsy albums because when I looked at the track lists, every song was "featuring DJ this or MC so and so"...
I may disagree with everything you say, but I will defend your right to say it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 05/14/18 3:14am

DarkHorse77

NorthC said:

"Some rap" is okay, but at the end of the day, we're talking funk, not rap. I stopped buying Bootsy albums because when I looked at the track lists, every song was "featuring DJ this or MC so and so"...

We're in the same boat. Bootsy and George don't need "featuring" this one or that one. They're talented enough to just put out music without MC/DJ so and so.

"Anna Stesia come to me, talk to me, ravish me
Liberate my mind."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 05/14/18 2:47pm

mrwiggles

SoulAlive said:


George Clinton Is Retiring From Touring Because He "Funked Too Hard"



May 11, 2018 | 3:37 PM



Parliament-Funkadelic mastermind George Clinton got a pacemaker about three weeks ago and subsequently announced he was retiring from touring last month.


But the 77-year-old funk legend will still produce albums. In fact, he just shared a new video for “I’m Gon Make U Sick’O Me” featuring Scarface and Mudbone, which serves as the inaugural single from Parliament’s upcoming project, Medicaid Fraud Dawg.


“I’m going to miss just doing it [touring],” Clinton tells HipHopDX. “I’ve been practicing letting the band do it though and directing but I’m going to have fun still producing the albums and keeping the concepts going. They got the new fresh energy and they’ve been killing it for the last two years. I feel good, I feel safe. I have to do it. I got the pacemaker put in, so I have to pace myself anyway [laughs].”



Clinton still smokes weed but everything else is off limits. His experience is the inspiration behind Medicaid Frawd Dawg (expected to arrive on June 22).



eek biggrin




This is the most informative piece I've seen about this whole situation. He still cracks me up when he says you have to "know when to sit your ass down".
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 05/15/18 9:42am

novabrkr

I think it gets a bit boring after a few minutes, but it's good enough for me to still want to hear other new(ish) tracks.

The video's nice. I just don't think contemporary hiphop mixes well with P-Funk. Some of the earlier hiphop stuff was a better match, but it's just moved too far away from the times when sampling funk stuff and rapping over the grooves was the norm.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 05/15/18 12:51pm

SoulAlive

here's the video where George went to a NY radio station and previewed four songs from the new album: "I'm Gon' Make U Sick Of me","Oil Jones","Medicaid Freak" and "Pain Management"

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 05/18/18 11:39pm

SoulAlive

The new album is due this Tuesday,May 22!!! eek
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 05/19/18 12:37am

SoulAlive

new Parliament album 'Medicaid Fraud Dogg' due this Tuesday May 22!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 05/19/18 1:06am

DarkHorse77

Can't wait.

"Anna Stesia come to me, talk to me, ravish me
Liberate my mind."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 05/19/18 1:20am

SoulAlive

Get your #PRESAVE on + put the 1st NEW #Parliament album in almost 38 years on your Spotify in advance of the release - OUT THIS TUESDAY MAY 22nd - doing so puts you on that #PFUNK fan list! // via Distrokid

https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/parliament/driw

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 05/19/18 4:12am

OperatingTheta
n

avatar

SoulAlive said:

new Parliament album 'Medicaid Fraud Dogg' due this Tuesday May 22!!





F*** YEAH!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 05/19/18 4:23am

InTime

Is there a tracklist yet?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 6 123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > New P-Funk: I'm Gonna Make u Sick