independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 21st Oct 2017 3:13am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > New Interview Show for True DEEP Funk Fans
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/08/17 3:13pm

HardcoreJollie
s

avatar

New Interview Show for True DEEP Funk Fans

Brought to you by Funknstuff.net and hosted by Scott Goldfine — musicologist and author of “Everything Is on the O...of Funk” ― “TRUTH IN RHYTHM” is the interview video show and audio podcast that gets DEEP into the pocket with contemporary music’s foremost masters of the groove.

A longtime funkateer and entertainment journalist and critic, Goldfine also spent more than a decade as an L.A.-based disc jockey and created/produced/hosted the album reviews TV show “Platter Chatter” (episodes now online). “TRUTH IN RHYTHM” once again gets him in front of the camera and behind the mike by focusing on musicians and music industry figures associated with important funk and groove-heavy acts. The mission is to share thoughts and experiences related to guest’s musical backgrounds, creative processes, songs, records, concerts, bandmates, the business and of course the funk.

Video episodes are available at Funknstuff.net and YouTube.

Audio podcasts are available on iTunes and from most leading providers.

HOPE YOU ENJOY!

If you've got funk, you've got style.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/08/17 3:35pm

HardcoreJollie
s

avatar

Here is a popular episode ...

If you've got funk, you've got style.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 06/09/17 9:23am

djThunderfunk

avatar

Subscribed. Thanks for the heads up!! cool

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 06/11/17 6:39pm

mrwiggles

Yes I'm on board in a minute.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 06/12/17 1:17pm

HardcoreJollie
s

avatar

Available shows currently are ...

Chris Jasper (Isley Brothers)

Steve Arrington (Slave)

Cheryl Cooley (Klymaxx)

Tomi Jenkins (Cameo)

Stone City Band (Rick James)

Gap Band players

Reggie Calloway (Midnight Star)

Freekbass (Bootsy, P-Funk)

Coming soon ...

Michael Cooper (Con Funk Shun)

Brick

Tom Browne

Danny Bedrosian (P-Funk)

Working on ...

Every living funkateer!!!

If you've got funk, you've got style.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 06/12/17 1:30pm

SoulAlive

I'll be checking this out!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 06/17/17 12:58pm

mrwiggles

Man thanks so much for doing this. I am about half way thru the Calloway. I always wondered how Bootsy appeared on Hot Spot.
Just awesome!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 06/17/17 7:29pm

MD431Madcat

avatar

need some freeddie stone. cool

but nice.

[Edited 6/18/17 5:05am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 06/21/17 6:06am

HardcoreJollie
s

avatar

MD431Madcat said:

need some freeddie stone. cool


but nice.

[Edited 6/18/17 5:05am]


Got a contact? Been trying to track down LG too.
BTW. original Brick members just posted. Next up: Greg Boyer
If you've got funk, you've got style.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 06/21/17 12:48pm

paisleypark4

avatar

HardcoreJollies said:

Brought to you by Funknstuff.net and hosted by Scott Goldfine — musicologist and author of “Everything Is on the O...of Funk” ― “TRUTH IN RHYTHM” is the interview video show and audio podcast that gets DEEP into the pocket with contemporary music’s foremost masters of the groove.

A longtime funkateer and entertainment journalist and critic, Goldfine also spent more than a decade as an L.A.-based disc jockey and created/produced/hosted the album reviews TV show “Platter Chatter” (episodes now online). “TRUTH IN RHYTHM” once again gets him in front of the camera and behind the mike by focusing on musicians and music industry figures associated with important funk and groove-heavy acts. The mission is to share thoughts and experiences related to guest’s musical backgrounds, creative processes, songs, records, concerts, bandmates, the business and of course the funk.

Video episodes are available at Funknstuff.net and YouTube.

Audio podcasts are available on iTunes and from most leading providers.

HOPE YOU ENJOY!

Thank you so much. i subscribed as well. I still need to grab that book. From what I read it is well researched to the point of exhausting thank god. We need people like you keeping the funk alive!

Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/03/17 8:00pm

HardcoreJollie
s

avatar

Lots of hot new episodes are up, including ...

War

Greg Boyer (twice)

Brick

Lee Oskar

Tom Browne

The Blackbyrds

Morris Hayes

Coming Sunday: P-Funk's Danny Bedrosian

Get your TRUTH IN RHYTHM at:

http://funknstuff.net/wat...view-show/

If you've got funk, you've got style.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/03/17 8:28pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

HardcoreJollies said:

Lots of hot new episodes are up, including ...

War

Greg Boyer (twice)

Brick

Lee Oskar

Tom Browne

The Blackbyrds

Morris Hayes

Coming Sunday: P-Funk's Danny Bedrosian

Get your TRUTH IN RHYTHM at:

http://funknstuff.net/wat...view-show/

Thanks for the reminder. Gonna put this on my must see/hear list.

You can walk a mile in my shoes. But you can't dance a step in my feet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > New Interview Show for True DEEP Funk Fans