independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 19th Mar 2019 2:57pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Spike Lee’s Tribute to Prince at the Oscars
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 02/26/19 3:40am

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

oceanblue said:

Zannaloaf said:

he said notihng about 45. That you take those tweets as truth is disturbing.

Oh please, nothing is disturbing about it, and if Spike didn't say anything, then why did the President reply? Spike, among many others took digs at the President about the wall and immigration, as usual, what show were you watching?

All Spike said was let's choose love over hate. If the word hate instanly triggers thoughts of talking about 45, maybe he and his supporters should stop being so damn hate-filled.

"Those that KNEW the number and didn't call...FUCK ALL Y'ALL!"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 02/26/19 7:25am

oceanblue

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

oceanblue said:

Oh please, nothing is disturbing about it, and if Spike didn't say anything, then why did the President reply? Spike, among many others took digs at the President about the wall and immigration, as usual, what show were you watching?

All Spike said was let's choose love over hate. If the word hate instanly triggers thoughts of talking about 45, maybe he and his supporters should stop being so damn hate-filled.

From what I see, it's the left and their supporters that are so damn hate-filled, constantly going after President Trump and his supporters, angrily attacking them in public and on social media, shouting in their faces, etc! I don't see Trump or his supporters instructing them to "get into the faces and harrass those on the left, like those like Maxine Waters has......is that choosing love over hate? I have my own mind, and I refuse to jump on the hate Trump bandwagon, like some choose to. So, if you proclaim to choose love over hate, then why not choose love over hate for ALL, including our President!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 02/26/19 7:43am

poppys

oceanblue said:

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

All Spike said was let's choose love over hate. If the word hate instanly triggers thoughts of talking about 45, maybe he and his supporters should stop being so damn hate-filled.


From what I see, it's the left and their supporters that are so damn hate-filled, constantly going after President Trump and his supporters, angrily attacking them in public and on social media, shouting in their faces, etc! I don't see Trump or his supporters instructing them to "get into the faces and harrass those on the left, like those like Maxine Waters has......is that choosing love over hate? I have my own mind, and I refuse to jump on the hate Trump bandwagon, like some choose to. So, if you proclaim to choose love over hate, then why not choose love over hate for ALL, including our President!


I posted about Spike's comments. It was part of the awards. Trump called him a racist in a tweet afterwards.

If you want to talk political smack about the left and Maxine Waters, there is an entire Politics & Religion forum that many of us post on regularly. Off-topic potshots.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 02/26/19 8:00am

oceanblue

poppys said:

oceanblue said:


From what I see, it's the left and their supporters that are so damn hate-filled, constantly going after President Trump and his supporters, angrily attacking them in public and on social media, shouting in their faces, etc! I don't see Trump or his supporters instructing them to "get into the faces and harrass those on the left, like those like Maxine Waters has......is that choosing love over hate? I have my own mind, and I refuse to jump on the hate Trump bandwagon, like some choose to. So, if you proclaim to choose love over hate, then why not choose love over hate for ALL, including our President!


I posted about Spike's comments. It was part of the awards. Trump called him a racist in a tweet afterwards.

If you want to talk political smack about the left and Maxine Waters, there is an entire Politics & Religion forum that many of us post on regularly. Off-topic potshots.

I wasn't the one that posted about or started the post about President Trump and what he posted to Spike, you did! I just replied to what was posted, so direct your comment about "talking political smack" to yoursellf, who posted the comment, and follow your own advice, that "there is an entire Politics & Religion forum that many post on regularly"....Off-topic potshots.

[Edited 2/26/19 8:06am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 02/26/19 8:17am

poppys

oceanblue said:

poppys said:


I posted about Spike's comments. It was part of the awards. Trump called him a racist in a tweet afterwards.

If you want to talk political smack about the left and Maxine Waters, there is an entire Politics & Religion forum that many of us post on regularly. Off-topic potshots.


I wasn't the one that posted about or started the post about President Trump and what he posted to Spike, you did! I just replied to what was posted, so direct your comment about "talking political smack" to yoursellf, who posted the comment, and follow your own advice, that "there is an entire Politics & Religion forum that many post on regularly"....Off-topic potshots.


Below is what I posted re Spike Lee and the Academy Awards in reply #19 -

No artist's big night is complete these days without a mean tweet from the President.




@realDonaldTrump



Be nice if Spike Lee could read his notes, or better yet not have to use notes at all, when doing his racist hit on your President, who has done more for African Americans (Criminal Justice Reform, Lowest Unemployment numbers in History, Tax Cuts,etc.) than almost any other Pres!


I post in P&R all the time. That is where your extended debate belongs so come on over.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 02/26/19 9:16am

oceanblue

poppys said:

oceanblue said:

Be nice if Spike Lee could read his notes, or better yet not have to use notes at all, when doing his racist hit on your President, who has done more for African Americans (Criminal Justice Reform, Lowest Unemployment numbers in History, Tax Cuts,etc.) than almost any other Pres!


I post in P&R all the time. That is where your extended debate belongs so come on over.

So does yours, and thanks for the invite.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 02/27/19 9:38am

poppys


24-spike-lee-2.w1200.h630.jpg

[Edited 2/27/19 9:44am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 02/27/19 12:23pm

Latin

The Current has published the following article entitled "Everything we know about Spike Lee’s Prince tribute outfit at the 2019 Oscars":

https://blog.thecurrent.o...19-oscars/
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 02/27/19 1:02pm

poppys

Latin said:

The Current has published the following article entitled "Everything we know about Spike Lee’s Prince tribute outfit at the 2019 Oscars": https://blog.thecurrent.o...19-oscars/


That's cool Latin, and some more good photos.



 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 02/27/19 1:11pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

poppys said:

Latin said:

The Current has published the following article entitled "Everything we know about Spike Lee’s Prince tribute outfit at the 2019 Oscars": https://blog.thecurrent.o...19-oscars/


That's cool Latin, and some more good photos.



Spike Lee was the most interesting person at the show... lol

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 02/27/19 3:10pm

PliablyPurple

Thought Spike looked great smile! Woot.

I've seen Night of the Hunter and that bit hasn't belonged to Robert Mitchum since 1989.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 02/27/19 3:16pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

PliablyPurple said:

Thought Spike looked great smile! Woot.

I've seen Night of the Hunter and that bit hasn't belonged to Robert Mitchum since 1989.

Maybe not, but if you look at earlier posts in this thread, that movie was a big influence on Spike Lee and he holds it in high regard; he mentioned it in interviews apparently, which is something I didn't know. I brought it up because that movie made a big impression on me when I was young, too... P.S. "Do The Right Thing" is on my all time top movie list.

[Edited 2/27/19 15:19pm]

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 02/27/19 3:39pm

poppys

purplethunder3121 said:

PliablyPurple said:

Thought Spike looked great smile! Woot.

I've seen Night of the Hunter and that bit hasn't belonged to Robert Mitchum since 1989.

Maybe not, but if you look at earlier posts in this thread, that movie was a big influence on Spike Lee and he holds it in high regard; he mentioned it in interviews apparently, which is something I didn't know. I brought it up because that movie made a big impression on me when I was young, too... P.S. "Do The Right Thing" is on my all time top movie list.

me too! highfive

Directors put nods to other movies in their movies. It's a tradition. Just like musicians with answer songs to other songs.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 02/28/19 6:06am

Latin

Sheila has posted the following photo:

"Congratulations my brother. Well deserved! Spike !!! Adapted screenplay. 🙏🏽 @officialspikelee"

https://www.instagram.com...Shi9bnNz_/
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 02/28/19 6:37am

Latin

Check out the article published by Pitchfork entitled "The Pro-Black Bond Between Spike Lee and Prince":

https://pitchfork.com/the...nd-prince/
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 02/28/19 6:47am

poppys

Latin said:

Check out the article published by Pitchfork entitled "The Pro-Black Bond Between Spike Lee and Prince": https://pitchfork.com/the...nd-prince/


Good stuff! A lot of really important info in that article about artists, and why they do what they do.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 02/28/19 2:10pm

Astasheiks

avatar

bsprout said:

Thanks. Happy to see Prince memorialized last night. That’s some purple and gold for you right there biggrin

That's what I was thinking ... Purple and Gold. razz lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 02/28/19 2:32pm

Astasheiks

avatar

poppys said:

See the source image

P sharp here in this pic as usual! Dig Spike P Symbol on his hat and T-Shirt!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 02/28/19 2:34pm

Astasheiks

avatar

Goddess4Real said:

5h5 hours ago

Director Spike Lee, nominated for several for his film 'BlacKkKlansman' – which used "Mary Don't You Weep" over the end credits – paid tribute to Prince by wearing a custom-made gold, diamond and opal necklace in the shape of the Love symbol and a purple suit.

I guess a "Cane" would have been too much??? biggrin smile razz cool lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 02/28/19 2:35pm

Astasheiks

avatar

ChocolateBox3121 said:

I was fortunate enough to attend The Grown Up Awards a couple a weeks ago with Spike as he won an Award for his latest project "Blackkklansman". I'm glad that he's STILL honoring Prince's legacy in the RIGHT WAY like I knew he would.

Was that Guitar was given to Spike by Prince or Tyka or somebody else?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 02/28/19 2:39pm

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

Astasheiks said:

ChocolateBox3121 said:

I was fortunate enough to attend The Grown Up Awards a couple a weeks ago with Spike as he won an Award for his latest project "Blackkklansman". I'm glad that he's STILL honoring Prince's legacy in the RIGHT WAY like I knew he would.

Was that Guitar was given to Spike by Prince or Tyka or somebody else?

Prince(r.i.p.) gave it to him.

So Prince, whom fought 4 his first record deal & got it, fought 4 a movie deal & got it, fought 4 freedom from his WB contract & got it, fought 4 his masters & got them.Gets a curable illness & says 2 himself ok, I'm done. "Life is a Box Of Chocolates"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 02/28/19 3:16pm

42Kristen

cry

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 02/28/19 7:41pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

poppys said:


That's cool Latin, and some more good photos.



Spike Lee was the most interesting person at the show... lol

yeahthat

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 03/05/19 10:07pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

oceanblue said:

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

All Spike said was let's choose love over hate. If the word hate instanly triggers thoughts of talking about 45, maybe he and his supporters should stop being so damn hate-filled.

From what I see, it's the left and their supporters that are so damn hate-filled, constantly going after President Trump and his supporters, angrily attacking them in public and on social media, shouting in their faces, etc! I don't see Trump or his supporters instructing them to "get into the faces and harrass those on the left, like those like Maxine Waters has......is that choosing love over hate? I have my own mind, and I refuse to jump on the hate Trump bandwagon, like some choose to. So, if you proclaim to choose love over hate, then why not choose love over hate for ALL, including our President!

Really? Okay.

I'll play along with your selective ass amnesia.

https://www.nytimes.com/2...rther.html

"Those that KNEW the number and didn't call...FUCK ALL Y'ALL!"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 03/07/19 7:44pm

TXfan

Spike Lee is so busy hating Trump that I doubt this was a real Prince Tribute. A real tribute would be him taking the Revolution with him to the show and having them do a song to try to bring this country together.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 03/07/19 11:00pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Stick it to 'em, Spike, with a prince.

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 03/08/19 8:33am

poppys

purplethunder3121 said:

Stick it to 'em, Spike, with a prince.

hammer

Funny how the President took time out of his busy schedule to call Spike Lee a racist.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Spike Lee’s Tribute to Prince at the Oscars