independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 19th Mar 2019 3:04pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Estate Discussion - Part 19 - continued
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 03/11/19 7:39pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

It appears the internal Estate documents were stolen from Omarr's legal virtual data room.


Lythcott is stating that attorneys Ward White, Kennedy Barnes and James Selmer and Marc M. Berg have allegedly admitted to taking the materials from Omarr Baker.


The million dollar question is who allowed them access to the data room as only a small pool of people are permitted access by the Judge.

I need a flow chart for the cast of characters.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 03/11/19 7:45pm

PennyPurple

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

It appears the internal Estate documents were stolen from Omarr's legal virtual data room.


Lythcott is stating that attorneys Ward White, Kennedy Barnes and James Selmer and Marc M. Berg have allegedly admitted to taking the materials from Omarr Baker.


The million dollar question is who allowed them access to the data room as only a small pool of people are permitted access by the Judge.

I need a flow chart for the cast of characters.

eek

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 03/11/19 10:28pm

TheEquilizer

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

It appears the internal Estate documents were stolen from Omarr's legal virtual data room.


Lythcott is stating that attorneys Ward White, Kennedy Barnes and James Selmer and Marc M. Berg have allegedly admitted to taking the materials from Omarr Baker.


The million dollar question is who allowed them access to the data room as only a small pool of people are permitted access by the Judge.

I need a flow chart for the cast of characters.

My 3rdeye is telling me there's more surprises on the way. disbelief disbelief

[Edited 3/11/19 22:28pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 03/14/19 7:44am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar



The Judge has ordered Lonnie and Charlie to return the commissions they received from the JOBU transaction and the rescinded UMG transaction within 30 days.


However, the money will be held in an escrow account and not distributed until the completion of the JOBU lawsuit against the Estate, Lonnie, Charlie, and Bremer.

The decision by the Judge will probably be appealed.


 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 03/14/19 7:48am

nelcp777

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



The Judge has ordered Lonnie and Charlie to return the commissions they received from the JOBU transaction and the rescinded UMG transaction within 30 days.


However, the money will be held in an escrow account and not distributed until the completion of the JOBU lawsuit against the Estate, Lonnie, Charlie, and Bremer.

The decision by the Judge will probably be appealed.


Glad to see this ruling by Judge Eide. I am sure it will be appealed, but if it holds in appeals, that would be a great win for the estate.

I also saw the dude (can't remember his name) that shared the flash drive info to Lycott is asking for reimbursement for his expenses.That situation sounds like a hot mess.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 03/14/19 3:30pm

BartVanHemelen

avatar

Rogue Music Alliance (“RMA”) ordered to pay to pay reasonable expenses, as well as a fine of $10,000

https://www.jdsupra.com/l...urt-54358/

.

In Lawsuit Over Prince Music, Court Grants Monetary But Not Adverse Inference Sanctions (Yet)

.

In Paisley Park Enter., Inc. v. Boxill, No. 17-cv-1212 (WMW/TNL), (D. Minn. Mar. 5, 2019), Minnesota Magistrate Judge Tony N. Leung granted in part the plaintiffs’ Motion for Sanctions Due to Spoliation of Evidence, ordering the Rogue Music Alliance (“RMA”) Defendants to pay reasonable expenses, including attorney’s fees and costs, that Plaintiffs incurred as a result of the RMA Defendants’ “misconduct”, and also ordered the RMA Defendants to pay into the Court a fine of $10,000, but chose to defer consideration of adverse inference instruction sanctions to a later date, closer to trial.

.

Click the link for the full article.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 03/14/19 9:21pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

BartVanHemelen said:

Rogue Music Alliance (“RMA”) ordered to pay to pay reasonable expenses, as well as a fine of $10,000

https://www.jdsupra.com/l...urt-54358/

.

In Lawsuit Over Prince Music, Court Grants Monetary But Not Adverse Inference Sanctions (Yet)

.

In Paisley Park Enter., Inc. v. Boxill, No. 17-cv-1212 (WMW/TNL), (D. Minn. Mar. 5, 2019), Minnesota Magistrate Judge Tony N. Leung granted in part the plaintiffs’ Motion for Sanctions Due to Spoliation of Evidence, ordering the Rogue Music Alliance (“RMA”) Defendants to pay reasonable expenses, including attorney’s fees and costs, that Plaintiffs incurred as a result of the RMA Defendants’ “misconduct”, and also ordered the RMA Defendants to pay into the Court a fine of $10,000, but chose to defer consideration of adverse inference instruction sanctions to a later date, closer to trial.

.

Click the link for the full article.



This is in regard to the Boxhill case and text messages that were deleted.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 03/18/19 5:01pm

Astasheiks

avatar

TheEquilizer said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

It appears the internal Estate documents were stolen from Omarr's legal virtual data room.


Lythcott is stating that attorneys Ward White, Kennedy Barnes and James Selmer and Marc M. Berg have allegedly admitted to taking the materials from Omarr Baker.


The million dollar question is who allowed them access to the data room as only a small pool of people are permitted access by the Judge.

I need a flow chart for the cast of characters.

My 3rdeye is telling me there's more surprises on the way. disbelief disbelief

[Edited 3/11/19 22:28pm]

"There's Theives In The Temple"..... eek razz sad eye crysball

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Estate Discussion - Part 19 - continued