independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 13th Nov 2018 8:53am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The music video for Pheromone
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/25/18 4:54pm

LaurenceNoonan

The music video for Pheromone

Has anyone else seeen the video for "Pheromone"
It was recorded in 1994 and I don't remember ever seeing until today.
It's kinda creepy but also not, it's a good video though.
If you want the video, just say and I'll org note you the link.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/25/18 5:31pm

databank

avatar

LaurenceNoonan said:

Has anyone else seeen the video for "Pheromone" It was recorded in 1994 and I don't remember ever seeing until today. It's kinda creepy but also not, it's a good video though. If you want the video, just say and I'll org note you the link.

It's on the great The Beautiful Experience TV film that was aired on TV in the Spring of 1994, then briefly sold (albeit in poor quality and on video cassette) by NPGMC in 2001. All all timers will have it I guess.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 06/25/18 7:45pm

ufoclub

avatar

It has black and white footage of Prince singing the song intercut with footage from a Glam Slam Ulysses performance.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 06/26/18 5:03am

player

databank said:

LaurenceNoonan said:

Has anyone else seeen the video for "Pheromone" It was recorded in 1994 and I don't remember ever seeing until today. It's kinda creepy but also not, it's a good video though. If you want the video, just say and I'll org note you the link.

It's on the great The Beautiful Experience TV film that was aired on TV in the Spring of 1994, then briefly sold (albeit in poor quality and on video cassette) by NPGMC in 2001. All all timers will have it I guess.

I can't find any sign of this VHS databank. Certainly no mention of it being given a physical release on Princevault. Do you have more info on it, or pictures? I'm very curious as I love this show...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 06/26/18 6:19am

Militant

avatar

moderator

player said:

databank said:

It's on the great The Beautiful Experience TV film that was aired on TV in the Spring of 1994, then briefly sold (albeit in poor quality and on video cassette) by NPGMC in 2001. All all timers will have it I guess.

I can't find any sign of this VHS databank. Certainly no mention of it being given a physical release on Princevault. Do you have more info on it, or pictures? I'm very curious as I love this show...



It's just in a white slipcase with a sticker saying "The Beautiful Experience". It was simply dubbed from the Japanese laserdisc.


Here you go :


68GBUvO.jpg





  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 06/26/18 6:45am

player

Militant said:

player said:

I can't find any sign of this VHS databank. Certainly no mention of it being given a physical release on Princevault. Do you have more info on it, or pictures? I'm very curious as I love this show...



It's just in a white slipcase with a sticker saying "The Beautiful Experience". It was simply dubbed from the Japanese laserdisc.


Here you go :


68GBUvO.jpg





Ah yes, I recall the Lotusflower website uploading something similar. I'm assuming this is NTSC then Militant? And does this imply there was a Japanese laserdisc release???

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 06/27/18 2:02am

databank

avatar

Militant said:

player said:

I can't find any sign of this VHS databank. Certainly no mention of it being given a physical release on Princevault. Do you have more info on it, or pictures? I'm very curious as I love this show...



It's just in a white slipcase with a sticker saying "The Beautiful Experience". It was simply dubbed from the Japanese laserdisc.


Here you go :


68GBUvO.jpg





There never was a Japanese laserdisc release (or any home video release of it except for that one in 2001).

What other orgers have explained (I don't own it) is that the tape was a copy of a home recording of the Japanese TV broadcast (hence the subtitles). This was super puzzling of course because you'd assume prince had the original masters or could at least used the promo tape he sold to TV channels as a master, not some home recording from Japan that he had somehow put his hands on falloff

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 06/27/18 2:04am

databank

avatar

player said:

Militant said:



It's just in a white slipcase with a sticker saying "The Beautiful Experience". It was simply dubbed from the Japanese laserdisc.


Here you go :


68GBUvO.jpg





Ah yes, I recall the Lotusflower website uploading something similar. I'm assuming this is NTSC then Militant? And does this imply there was a Japanese laserdisc release???

The Sacrifice of Victor with Japanese subs wasn't it? Old faded memories...

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 06/27/18 2:09am

databank

avatar

player said:

databank said:

It's on the great The Beautiful Experience TV film that was aired on TV in the Spring of 1994, then briefly sold (albeit in poor quality and on video cassette) by NPGMC in 2001. All all timers will have it I guess.

I can't find any sign of this VHS databank. Certainly no mention of it being given a physical release on Princevault. Do you have more info on it, or pictures? I'm very curious as I love this show...

There are certain things Princevault "chose" to omit, such as this, or the 2 1994 promo tapes, or the original 1993 release of The Undertaker. I think they deem those releases too small scale to count (though they will include others, such as the New World cassette).

.

It can be sometimes useful to cross-check info between my website and Pvault, as there are a few things they chose not to include that I have. It'll be easier whenever I finish the alphabetical section of my site.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 06/27/18 3:18am

player

databank said:

player said:

Ah yes, I recall the Lotusflower website uploading something similar. I'm assuming this is NTSC then Militant? And does this imply there was a Japanese laserdisc release???

The Sacrifice of Victor with Japanese subs wasn't it? Old faded memories...

That was the one! I remember thinking, 'how can this, in 2009, be worse than the VHS I bought over a decade ago'. But damn it how I still miss those days following on our boy on his (poor quality) endeavours.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 06/27/18 6:10am

Militant

avatar

moderator

databank said:

Militant said:



It's just in a white slipcase with a sticker saying "The Beautiful Experience". It was simply dubbed from the Japanese laserdisc.


Here you go :


68GBUvO.jpg





There never was a Japanese laserdisc release (or any home video release of it except for that one in 2001).

What other orgers have explained (I don't own it) is that the tape was a copy of a home recording of the Japanese TV broadcast (hence the subtitles). This was super puzzling of course because you'd assume prince had the original masters or could at least used the promo tape he sold to TV channels as a master, not some home recording from Japan that he had somehow put his hands on falloff



Ah, that makes more sense!


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 06/27/18 7:23am

ufoclub

avatar

databank said:



Militant said:




player said:



I can't find any sign of this VHS databank. Certainly no mention of it being given a physical release on Princevault. Do you have more info on it, or pictures? I'm very curious as I love this show...





It's just in a white slipcase with a sticker saying "The Beautiful Experience". It was simply dubbed from the Japanese laserdisc.


Here you go :


68GBUvO.jpg








There never was a Japanese laserdisc release (or any home video release of it except for that one in 2001).


What other orgers have explained (I don't own it) is that the tape was a copy of a home recording of the Japanese TV broadcast (hence the subtitles). This was super puzzling of course because you'd assume prince had the original masters or could at least used the promo tape he sold to TV channels as a master, not some home recording from Japan that he had somehow put his hands on falloff



I wrote and complained about this when I got it. I wrote about how a VHS to VHS dub just wasn’t good enough to sell. I got a response from someone there at Paisley Park! “Sorry, that’s all we had.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 06/27/18 8:11am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Disagree. That is one of the worst films prolly ever. All that makeup and loops and lackluster songs.

"My motherfucker's so cool sheep count him."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 06/27/18 12:14pm

alb69

What are the actual words that can be heard in the background of Pheremone through a (sort of )megaphone ( -ish ) sound?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 06/27/18 1:45pm

TheEnglishGent

avatar

ufoclub said:

databank said:

There never was a Japanese laserdisc release (or any home video release of it except for that one in 2001).

What other orgers have explained (I don't own it) is that the tape was a copy of a home recording of the Japanese TV broadcast (hence the subtitles). This was super puzzling of course because you'd assume prince had the original masters or could at least used the promo tape he sold to TV channels as a master, not some home recording from Japan that he had somehow put his hands on falloff

I wrote and complained about this when I got it. I wrote about how a VHS to VHS dub just wasn’t good enough to sell. I got a response from someone there at Paisley Park! “Sorry, that’s all we had.”

I also complained and they gave me a refund.

RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 06/27/18 7:52pm

PopcornFetus

avatar

alb69 said:

What are the actual words that can be heard in the background of Pheremone through a (sort of )megaphone ( -ish ) sound?


"Pheromone make a nigga go crazy/...make a nigga wanna die." is what I have always been told and now always hear.
Chili Sauce.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 06/29/18 3:24am

theblueangel

avatar

Close!!

It's "Pheromone make a nigga go crazy; fuckin' around make a nigga wanna die."

Amazing song.
No confusion, no tears. No enemies, no fear. No sorrow, no pain. No ball, no chain.

Sex is not love. Love is not sex. Putting words in other people's mouths will only get you elected.

Need more sleep than coke or methamphetamine.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The music video for Pheromone