independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 13th Nov 2018 5:38pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince 1983 Piano Rehearsals to be released (UPDATE - Confirmed, Piano & A Microphone 1983)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 19 of 24 « First<151617181920212223>Last »

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #540 posted 06/12/18 9:04am

IstenSzek

avatar

BartVanHemelen said:

IstenSzek said:

and then things like this rehearsal pop up amongst those tracks and they feel special
and intimate and quite magical i suppose to someone who hears them for the very first
time.

and because it doesn't cost much and because it can be cleaned, matered and put on
a cd relatively quickly, they chose to put it out there for everyone to hear and enjoy.

so in that respect i fully understand what they're doing now. IF it's just a way to put a
release out there whilst they are working on the bigger picture behind the scenes.

.

If this was one of four releases this year: sure. As the first "independent" (= not an expanded version of a classic album) release, 2.5 years after Prince's death? Ridiculous.

.



that way it's actually a bonus release, in my eyes. something to keep his music in the
public eye and keep some momentum moving forward to what will be the ultimate
prize; reissues stacked with bonus material and later actual full albums that prince'd
compiled and filed away.

.

There comes a certain point at which you need to feed the donkey instead of waving a carrot in front of him. PR Deluxe was already somewhat of a disappointment, and this upcoming release feels overhyped.


oh i know, but as prince fans since the 80's most of us suffer from battered wives syndrome by now lol

we just roll with the punches and continue to think 'it will get better, next time we will get exactly
what we were promised and it will be absolutely fantastic!'

and then the release is either cancelled or we pay money and get only half of what we were told we
would get. so we just don our sunglasses again and step outside, all 'no it's ok, it's fine, really' cool

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #541 posted 06/12/18 9:39am

IstenSzek

avatar

IstenSzek said:

to me it feels like, and i hope i'm right on this, as if they are going through the vault,
cataogueing things, possibly already mastering certain things, figuring out what song
would go with what album reissue in regards to time recorded, personell invovled etc.

.

`They are avoiding both the hassle and work for now and put out this quickie`?

i don't really know what to answer to your question. as you often do, you ask questions to

which the answer is either already stated or the answer to which is one that only you can

give since you ask a question as if it were posed to you, yet redirect it at someone else. i'm

usuallly quite confused by what you write, state or ask.

.

and then things like this rehearsal pop up amongst those tracks and they feel special
and intimate and quite magical i suppose to someone who hears them for the very first
time.

.

That someone that does not knwo this side of Prince and thus was not looking for it anyways. Tehy want hits. Are there any hits on this release?

same thing. i don't know who is working with them. troy said they call him from time to time to let
him know they've found a gem. well, who 'they' are, i don't know. what i do know is that we likely
have 60-70% of the 80s outtakes or at least know about them. but we've been fans for 30 years
and have been collecting all this stuff. there are people who were fans for 30 years who own only a
handful of bootlegs and outtakes. so unless you let someone like militant or such in on the process,
there will always be statements made that something amazing was discovered that we need to hear,
only to have it turn out we already know and think there are many more way more amazing things
they haven't mentioned, which they should have bumped into by now if they are going through the
vault in chronological order.

anyway, i digress. it doesn't seem like they are looking for a hit, at least not right now. but there
are many threads about that already and about why it's unlikely that prince will have another song
top the charts. an album release could sell very well, relative to what the corresponding market is
moving in units these days. but this album does not seem designed to be a mega seller in any way.


.

and because it doesn't cost much and because it can be cleaned, matered and put on
a cd relatively quickly, they chose to put it out there for everyone to hear and enjoy.

.

The pricing most certainly does not reflect the ease and lightness of this process as you describe it.

The pricing is more fit for a sub-300 boutique release qith certain specific qualities.

i didn't find the cd to be too highly priced though. the deluxe package is nice for people who collect
vinyl and want that extra booklet. but in the meantime we have the chance to buy just the cd or even better a download once the set hits the release date. if the download is 10 dollars, that's fair imo. for
those who want the LP, the CD and the booklet, well, 40 dollars isn't THAT much, is it? just because a
release isn't something they've spent 100,000 dollars on cleaning up, doesn't mean we don't have to
at least pay a fair price for it. we got this shit for free in the past, but that was on us and it wasn't
through proper, legal channels. just because this is a record company/streaming service/whatever
and not prince personally doesn't mean i'm not going to pay for the releases anymore. i'm tired of
stealing official releases. i'd rather pay for the few that are worth purchasing instead of just streaming.

.

so in that respect i fully understand what they're doing now. IF it's just a way to put a

release out there whilst they are working on the bigger picture behind the scenes.

.

Would it be so hard to find the P&M 2016 recordings?

it's not hard to find them, it's probably not possible for warners to simply release them since they
might not be theirs to release. prince had a new deal with them, yes, but it's unlikely that he would
have also agreed to once again let warners have ownership of anything he recorded in the studio,
outside of what he offered them to distribute. same will likely go for the live shows. so under that
construct, the P&M2016 shows are owned by the estate and could be part of a future deal with an
other major label. or they could be released as indi releases by the estate in future. or they could
be licensed to warners, by the estate. anything is possible. but with the way the estate is now and
the way communication is going between the parties involved, i don't find it odd that the P&M16
shows aren't released yet.

Would these be so hard to clean up, master, track, etc?

from what we know, prince was working on that in his final days so the whole project was probably

almost finished. it's not a matter of cleaning up and mastering at this stage, as i mentioned above.

Would these not be seen as the most epic perfromances P did in his whole career?

by who? not by me. they are great shows, yes. but the most epic of his career? no. though, that is
personal taste and to some people they might be, to others they may not.

If only they would do the final performance isntead of the whole 'tour' (because the market cannot bear all that), how much more work would it be than this 35 minute thingie?

see above

.

that way it's actually a bonus release,

.

A bonus release would be not that expen$ive.

says who?

.

in my eyes. something to keep his music in the
public eye

.

Looking at the price, again, they could have a big promotional budget so time will tell if your assumption is right.

i don't understand what you're saying here. they are not going to promote the shit out
of this obscure little rehearsal. something doesn't have to be promoted with a huge
marketing budget to have it serve as a means to keep the market interested and buy a
bit of time while they figure out what to do next and how best to do it.

although that is pure conjecture on my part. for all i know they could not be doing
anything at all with the vault and this is the only thing they thought worthy of release,
over outtakes such as Purple Music and the like. it's anybody's guess right now. but we
can try to think about it in a logical way and deduce what might be most likely.

so i'm not that pissed off anymore. i guess it's just a waiting game. let's see if they're
going to start trickling out information about reissues toward the very end of the year.

i'm guessing they will.

.

Sure, take a look again at how early they release info about this 35 minute thingie.

It is not about communicating as they lied about the PR remastered release.

It is about the actual goods and the pace we are able to buy them, first.

i agree, it's about the good and what we can buy and when we can buy it. the way WB
communicates since prince died is dumbfounding, to me. it doesn't make any sense.
the information they have given is scant and the only thing you know 100% for sure is
the actual content they deliver, that we can listen to. and that content, up until now,
leaves something to be desired. especially in quality.

once again, likely -but not sure- is that they did not have access to the PP/Iron Mountain
vault until well after the PR deluxe was released. so Moonbeam Levels and PR Deluxe (the
bonus disc) were all sourced from tapes in the warner vault.

since the whole thing has been moved to iron mountain and a process of catalogueing and
digitizing has been set into motion, it seems only logical that WB has their people present
since the bulk of that material up until the mid 90s is something they have rights to put
out (at least, depending on the details of their new deal with prince in regards to masters
and ownership thereof and how long the licensing deal will be in place exclusively with WB)

so it's only now that WB has access to these tapes and can actually start to think about
what to do with them. have they already sent the original album off to be remastered by
an expert? are they baking tapes, digitizing and mastering them?

all i've heard is that a few very big names are working with WB right now and that came
from a reliable source. i'm not going to say any more. because who knows? it's always
he said she said they heard i heard oh oops sorry, all wrong, never mind. but i'm slightly
optimistic, let's put it like that.

but since their time is limited to the deal they made with prince (for all the albums except
the soundtracks) it would stand to reason that they'd rather have a complete overview of
what there is in the vault and do the reissues the right way the first time round (they will
have enough time to right the wrong that was the PR deluxe in many ways since that LP
seems to be licensed to them for eternity).

all of which is why my personal guess is that they would release something like this
rehearsal now. it's just prince and piano, so no one else is involved or has any sort of
stake or claim here. it's easy to clean up and put out there and it's not something that
would be an essential part of any other reissue or release in the future. it's just 35 mins
of prince playing piano and singing some tunes.


and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #542 posted 06/12/18 9:58am

KingSausage

avatar

That must be the most confusing formatting of any Org post ever. lol
"Drop that stereo before I blow your Goddamn nuts off, asshole!"
-Eugene Tackleberry
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #543 posted 06/12/18 10:04am

IstenSzek

avatar

KingSausage said:

That must be the most confusing formatting of any Org post ever. lol


i'm an artist and my only aim, is to please cool

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #544 posted 06/12/18 10:21am

SchlomoThaHomo

avatar

I think I could live with the "this is a bonus release" angle if the source quality wasn't so shitty. There are moments in Mary, Don't You Weep where the tape literally sounds like it's crumpled.

In the Variety article, Troy Carter stated, "We haven’t run across any real issues in terms of the condition of material."

Unless we're talking about an important song that no one has ever heard, which doesn't exist on any other format, I would consider a damaged cassette to be an absolute issue, thus making it unsuitable for release.

Cleaning up and releasing damaged cassettes of private rehearsals is what you might expect when the well has run dry, and we all know the estate hasn't even scratched the surface yet, in terms of high quality vault material.

"That's when stars collide. When there's space for what u want, and ur heart is open wide."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #545 posted 06/12/18 10:51am

KingSausage

avatar

SchlomoThaHomo said:

I think I could live with the "this is a bonus release" angle if the source quality wasn't so shitty. There are moments in Mary, Don't You Weep where the tape literally sounds like it's crumpled.

In the Variety article, Troy Carter stated, "We haven’t run across any real issues in terms of the condition of material."

Unless we're talking about an important song that no one has ever heard, which doesn't exist on any other format, I would consider a damaged cassette to be an absolute issue, thus making it unsuitable for release.

Cleaning up and releasing damaged cassettes of private rehearsals is what you might expect when the well has run dry, and we all know the estate hasn't even scratched the surface yet, in terms of high quality vault material.




This is the best post I’ve read yet on this release, either here or on other sites. THANK YOU. The point about the well running dry vs. scratching the surface is right on.
"Drop that stereo before I blow your Goddamn nuts off, asshole!"
-Eugene Tackleberry
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #546 posted 06/12/18 11:36am

dodger

IstenSzek said:



KingSausage said:


That must be the most confusing formatting of any Org post ever. lol


i'm an artist and my only aim, is to please cool



I’ve read it 3 times..
Is there someone else with your user-name or was you talking to
Yourself? Classic Org Art 😂😉
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #547 posted 06/12/18 11:47am

Silvertongue7

KingSausage said:

SchlomoThaHomo said:

I think I could live with the "this is a bonus release" angle if the source quality wasn't so shitty. There are moments in Mary, Don't You Weep where the tape literally sounds like it's crumpled.

In the Variety article, Troy Carter stated, "We haven’t run across any real issues in terms of the condition of material."

Unless we're talking about an important song that no one has ever heard, which doesn't exist on any other format, I would consider a damaged cassette to be an absolute issue, thus making it unsuitable for release.

Cleaning up and releasing damaged cassettes of private rehearsals is what you might expect when the well has run dry, and we all know the estate hasn't even scratched the surface yet, in terms of high quality vault material.




This is the best post I’ve read yet on this release, either here or on other sites. THANK YOU. The point about the well running dry vs. scratching the surface is right on.

I agree, it sums up my feelings much more eloquently and much more calmly that I’ve been able to so far...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #548 posted 06/12/18 11:49am

EddieC

BartVanHemelen said:

There comes a certain point at which you need to feed the donkey instead of waving a carrot in front of him. PR Deluxe was already somewhat of a disappointment, and this upcoming release feels overhyped.

Indeed. Or should I say, "Hee haw!"

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #549 posted 06/12/18 12:05pm

leecaldon

BartVanHemelen said:

IstenSzek said:

and then things like this rehearsal pop up amongst those tracks and they feel special
and intimate and quite magical i suppose to someone who hears them for the very first
time.

and because it doesn't cost much and because it can be cleaned, matered and put on
a cd relatively quickly, they chose to put it out there for everyone to hear and enjoy.

so in that respect i fully understand what they're doing now. IF it's just a way to put a
release out there whilst they are working on the bigger picture behind the scenes.

.

If this was one of four releases this year: sure. As the first "independent" (= not an expanded version of a classic album) release, 2.5 years after Prince's death? Ridiculous.

.



that way it's actually a bonus release, in my eyes. something to keep his music in the
public eye and keep some momentum moving forward to what will be the ultimate
prize; reissues stacked with bonus material and later actual full albums that prince'd
compiled and filed away.

.

There comes a certain point at which you need to feed the donkey instead of waving a carrot in front of him. PR Deluxe was already somewhat of a disappointment, and this upcoming release feels overhyped.

Yes. I don't think anyone would argue that it's good to have something like this out there. It just seems bizarre that they've been going through hundreds/thousands of songs in the vault, and they decide that this hissy, recorded-to-tape 39 min piece of improv would be the ONE vault release this year.

The only explanation I can think of is that this leads into Piano + a Microphone 2016 releases (ideally an audio release of one show, say the Atlanta one he was working on, and DVD/Bluray of the opening set on gala night at PP).

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #550 posted 06/12/18 12:13pm

SchlomoThaHomo

avatar

I should add that I would be considerably less upset by this release if it were apart of an official Bootleg Series, and was labeled as such.

I would absolutely support the estate releasing official versions of some of the more important bootlegs (something Prince considered at one point), and in the case of releases like this, that are unavailable in better quality, some transparency in the press release and liner notes stating why.

"That's when stars collide. When there's space for what u want, and ur heart is open wide."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #551 posted 06/12/18 12:39pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

SchlomoThaHomo said:

I should add that I would be considerably less upset by this release if it were apart of an official Bootleg Series, and was labeled as such.

I would absolutely support the estate releasing official versions of some of the more important bootlegs (something Prince considered at one point), and in the case of releases like this, that are unavailable in better quality, some transparency in the press release and liner notes stating why.


Yeah. That!

You're on a roll today!! This post is even more spot on than the last.

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #552 posted 06/12/18 12:58pm

NorthC

^ In other words, what acts like the Stones and Springsteen and Dylan have been doing for years. Yeah, I think Prince fans have the right to feel a little short-changed.
[Edited 6/12/18 13:04pm]
I may disagree with everything you say, but I will defend your right to say it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #553 posted 06/12/18 1:00pm

IstenSzek

avatar

dodger said:

IstenSzek said:


i'm an artist and my only aim, is to please cool

I’ve read it 3 times.. Is there someone else with your user-name or was you talking to Yourself? Classic Org Art 😂😉


lol biggrin i'm responding to Udo. but because he breaks up the quotes into separate boxes,
you then can't respond to the entire message because the org just kind of deletes half
of them in the reply for some reason.

so the boxed quotes are my originals, the normal text is Udo's responses and the bold
text is my responses to Udo's responses

lol


and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #554 posted 06/12/18 1:02pm

IstenSzek

avatar

SchlomoThaHomo said:

I think I could live with the "this is a bonus release" angle if the source quality wasn't so shitty. There are moments in Mary, Don't You Weep where the tape literally sounds like it's crumpled.

In the Variety article, Troy Carter stated, "We haven’t run across any real issues in terms of the condition of material."

Unless we're talking about an important song that no one has ever heard, which doesn't exist on any other format, I would consider a damaged cassette to be an absolute issue, thus making it unsuitable for release.

Cleaning up and releasing damaged cassettes of private rehearsals is what you might expect when the well has run dry, and we all know the estate hasn't even scratched the surface yet, in terms of high quality vault material.


very very true indeed nod i hadn't thought about it like that yet.


and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #555 posted 06/12/18 1:03pm

luvsexy4all

when Eye releases stuff simultatneoulsy...this bitchin will cease

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #556 posted 06/12/18 1:53pm

OperatingTheta
n

avatar

IstenSzek said:



SchlomoThaHomo said:


I think I could live with the "this is a bonus release" angle if the source quality wasn't so shitty. There are moments in Mary, Don't You Weep where the tape literally sounds like it's crumpled.

In the Variety article, Troy Carter stated, "We haven’t run across any real issues in terms of the condition of material."

Unless we're talking about an important song that no one has ever heard, which doesn't exist on any other format, I would consider a damaged cassette to be an absolute issue, thus making it unsuitable for release.

Cleaning up and releasing damaged cassettes of private rehearsals is what you might expect when the well has run dry, and we all know the estate hasn't even scratched the surface yet, in terms of high quality vault material.




very very true indeed nod i hadn't thought about it like that yet.




Perhaps Troy is a well-meaning but ultimately clueless hipster?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #557 posted 06/12/18 1:55pm

dodger

IstenSzek said:



dodger said:


IstenSzek said:



i'm an artist and my only aim, is to please cool



I’ve read it 3 times.. Is there someone else with your user-name or was you talking to Yourself? Classic Org Art 😂😉


lol biggrin i'm responding to Udo. but because he breaks up the quotes into separate boxes,
you then can't respond to the entire message because the org just kind of deletes half
of them in the reply for some reason.

so the boxed quotes are my originals, the normal text is Udo's responses and the bold
text is my responses to Udo's responses

lol




Clear as mud 👍🏻
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #558 posted 06/12/18 3:28pm

SquirrelMeat

avatar

Just when I though the Prince world would start to become logical....

I'm more interested in what morsel EYE can get hold of and put out, than the capabilities of cash hungry executives with the golden ticket to the chocolate factory.


.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #559 posted 06/12/18 4:07pm

OperatingTheta
n

avatar

SquirrelMeat said:

Just when I though the Prince world would start to become logical....

I'm more interested in what morsel EYE can get hold of and put out, than the capabilities of cash hungry executives with the golden ticket to the chocolate factory.




The grand irony is just how much they're squaundering the opportunity. If I had the golden ticket there's no way I'd do any more than briefly pause at that 1983 rehearsal on cassette(!) before moving on to greater treasures.

While I'm sure the album will be an intimate and interesting curiosity, it is a very minor artifact and in marketing terms manages to appeal neither to hardcore fans nor the more casual commercial audience. Quite an achievement when you consider it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #560 posted 06/12/18 9:15pm

controversy99

avatar

OperatingThetan said:

SquirrelMeat said:

Just when I though the Prince world would start to become logical....

I'm more interested in what morsel EYE can get hold of and put out, than the capabilities of cash hungry executives with the golden ticket to the chocolate factory.




The grand irony is just how much they're squaundering the opportunity. If I had the golden ticket there's no way I'd do any more than briefly pause at that 1983 rehearsal on cassette(!) before moving on to greater treasures.

While I'm sure the album will be an intimate and interesting curiosity, it is a very minor artifact and in marketing terms manages to appeal neither to hardcore fans nor the more casual commercial audience. Quite an achievement when you consider it.

.
Y’all are crazy. I can’t believe how much people are dogging this release. Just pause and listen to Mary Don’t You Weep. Can you name three better blues or gospel vocal performances in his whole catalog? The singing is amazing.
.
I see a ton of complaints that this ain’t commercial. Fine, it’s not. The last vault release was a Purple Rain remaster with bonus material. That’s just about the most commercial release that could be considered. So I’m happy to get something different.
.
And the complaints about the price. I was worried when I read this thread that I’d have to pay $40 or so to get the CD. Nope. It’s a pretty standard $15.98 or something.
.
Wtf people?
"Love & honesty, peace & harmony"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #561 posted 06/12/18 9:53pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

controversy99 said:

OperatingThetan said:
The grand irony is just how much they're squaundering the opportunity. If I had the golden ticket there's no way I'd do any more than briefly pause at that 1983 rehearsal on cassette(!) before moving on to greater treasures. While I'm sure the album will be an intimate and interesting curiosity, it is a very minor artifact and in marketing terms manages to appeal neither to hardcore fans nor the more casual commercial audience. Quite an achievement when you consider it.
. Y’all are crazy. I can’t believe how much people are dogging this release. Just pause and listen to Mary Don’t You Weep. Can you name three better blues or gospel vocal performances in his whole catalog? The singing is amazing. . I see a ton of complaints that this ain’t commercial. Fine, it’s not. The last vault release was a Purple Rain remaster with bonus material. That’s just about the most commercial release that could be considered. So I’m happy to get something different. . And the complaints about the price. I was worried when I read this thread that I’d have to pay $40 or so to get the CD. Nope. It’s a pretty standard $15.98 or something. . Wtf people?


Agree with you on the complaints about the price. NC2U was $10 for a single, Purple Rain Remaster LP is around $30... this CD is an average price and will be even cheaper as a loss-leader on sale at the box stores. And really, $40 for the LP, CD & book is a pretty good deal.

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #562 posted 06/13/18 1:48am

OperatingTheta
n

avatar

controversy99 said:

OperatingThetan said:



The grand irony is just how much they're squaundering the opportunity. If I had the golden ticket there's no way I'd do any more than briefly pause at that 1983 rehearsal on cassette(!) before moving on to greater treasures.

While I'm sure the album will be an intimate and interesting curiosity, it is a very minor artifact and in marketing terms manages to appeal neither to hardcore fans nor the more casual commercial audience. Quite an achievement when you consider it.

.
Y’all are crazy. I can’t believe how much people are dogging this release. Just pause and listen to Mary Don’t You Weep. Can you name three better blues or gospel vocal performances in his whole catalog? The singing is amazing.
.
I see a ton of complaints that this ain’t commercial. Fine, it’s not. The last vault release was a Purple Rain remaster with bonus material. That’s just about the most commercial release that could be considered. So I’m happy to get something different.
.
And the complaints about the price. I was worried when I read this thread that I’d have to pay $40 or so to get the CD. Nope. It’s a pretty standard $15.98 or something.
.
Wtf people?


The vocal performance is indeed amazing and the price perfectly reasonable. I'm sure I'll be blown away by the entire album, but it's still, to me, an odd choice as an opening salvo.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #563 posted 06/13/18 4:59am

KingSausage

avatar

OperatingThetan said:

controversy99 said:


.
Y’all are crazy. I can’t believe how much people are dogging this release. Just pause and listen to Mary Don’t You Weep. Can you name three better blues or gospel vocal performances in his whole catalog? The singing is amazing.
.
I see a ton of complaints that this ain’t commercial. Fine, it’s not. The last vault release was a Purple Rain remaster with bonus material. That’s just about the most commercial release that could be considered. So I’m happy to get something different.
.
And the complaints about the price. I was worried when I read this thread that I’d have to pay $40 or so to get the CD. Nope. It’s a pretty standard $15.98 or something.
.
Wtf people?


The vocal performance is indeed amazing and the price perfectly reasonable. I'm sure I'll be blown away by the entire album, but it's still, to me, an odd choice as an opening salvo.



Exactly.
"Drop that stereo before I blow your Goddamn nuts off, asshole!"
-Eugene Tackleberry
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #564 posted 06/13/18 6:55am

djThunderfunk

avatar

OperatingThetan said:

The vocal performance is indeed amazing and the price perfectly reasonable. I'm sure I'll be blown away by the entire album, but it's still, to me, an odd choice as an opening salvo.


Exactly!

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #565 posted 06/13/18 7:53pm

controversy99

avatar

djThunderfunk said:



OperatingThetan said:


The vocal performance is indeed amazing and the price perfectly reasonable. I'm sure I'll be blown away by the entire album, but it's still, to me, an odd choice as an opening salvo.


Exactly!


Ok, phew! I’m glad some folks are on board with the performance being solid. It’s just an odd first release y’all say. Sure, I can see that. I think it’s a fine release for 2018. The probably is we’d probably all prefer if the estate had also done a late 2016 release, two 2017 releases, and already one 2018 release back in the spring. Regardless, I’m looking forward to September.
"Love & honesty, peace & harmony"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #566 posted 06/14/18 7:43am

3rdeyeboy

cool

[Edited 6/14/18 7:53am]

3RDEYEBOY
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #567 posted 06/14/18 1:08pm

luvsexy4all

so its implied that the final P&M gig will also be released??

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #568 posted 06/14/18 1:24pm

rdhull

avatar

luvsexy4all said:

so its implied that the final P&M gig will also be released??

I stll dont know.

Lost your keys? check princevault..lost your relationhip? check princevault..they have all the answers
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #569 posted 06/14/18 9:50pm

udo

avatar

luvsexy4all said:

so its implied that the final P&M gig will also be released??

.

Implied in what way?

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 19 of 24 « First<151617181920212223>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince 1983 Piano Rehearsals to be released (UPDATE - Confirmed, Piano & A Microphone 1983)