independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 10th Dec 2017 9:55pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Closer 2 God:Outtakes 1980-2015
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 13 of 18 « First<91011121314151617>Last »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #360 posted 12/06/17 9:44pm

bluegangsta

avatar

"If The Kid Can't Make You Come" is just an extended version.

From what I understand, the Prince-vocals version of the third The Time album doesn't circulate amoung collectors.

Always cry 4 love, never cry 4 pain.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #361 posted 12/06/17 10:08pm

TrivialPursuit

Silvertongue7 said:

I didn’t expect to get Nothing Compares 2U and I’ve been listening to it on repeat for a couple of days now...


That version has been out for a good decade at least. I remember when St. Paul put it on his website at least a decade ago, if memory serves. I remember being surprised at the extra production in it. But the released version makes sense considering Prince stripped down some of the other songs on their record.

"Despite everything, no 1 can dictate who u r 2 other people." - Prince |
http://bit.ly/unboxingprince
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #362 posted 12/06/17 10:13pm

antonb

Well it hasnt been out around these parts has it!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #363 posted 12/06/17 11:58pm

love2thenines2
003

bluegangsta said:

"If The Kid Can't Make You Come" is just an extended version.

From what I understand, the Prince-vocals version of the third The Time album doesn't circulate amoung collectors.



Supposition? Or u heard the song ? Thanks
[Edited 12/6/17 23:58pm]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #364 posted 12/07/17 12:02am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

Silvertongue7 said:

I didn’t expect to get Nothing Compares 2U and I’ve been listening to it on repeat for a couple of days now...


That version has been out for a good decade at least. I remember when St. Paul put it on his website at least a decade ago, if memory serves. I remember being surprised at the extra production in it. But the released version makes sense considering Prince stripped down some of the other songs on their record.

With Prince singing?

RIP sad
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #365 posted 12/07/17 12:02am

Neversin

avatar

bluegangsta said:

"If The Kid Can't Make You Come" is just an extended version.

From what I understand, the Prince-vocals version of the third The Time album doesn't circulate amoung collectors.

The "almost" complete Prince version of "Ice Cream Castles" has been out there for years...

If you're talking about "Corporate World" then Prince's "demoes" (not proper by all means) are among collectors... Some of those songs are very sparse and seemingly quickly recorded with little to no effort in proper vocals ("Donald Trump (Black Version), "Corporate World", "Rollerskate", "Shake!" of the top of my head, I might be missing something...)
Prince's proper or finished takes of those songs I've yet to hear... The rest are proper demoes with "Release It" being the best as it's just an aggressive BEAST...

For all the orgnoters: "Out there" in this case meaning among "serious" traders and not the bootleg circuit...

Neversin.

[Edited 12/7/17 0:38am]

O(+>NIИ<+)O

“Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's?”

- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #366 posted 12/07/17 12:04am

dbpdexter

TrivialPursuit said:

Silvertongue7 said:

I didn’t expect to get Nothing Compares 2U and I’ve been listening to it on repeat for a couple of days now...


That version has been out for a good decade at least. I remember when St. Paul put it on his website at least a decade ago, if memory serves. I remember being surprised at the extra production in it. But the released version makes sense considering Prince stripped down some of the other songs on their record.

You don't mean the Prince version right...or,do you mean The Family version thats been around?

AKA PDEXTER
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #367 posted 12/07/17 12:05am

JorisE73

Wow, this set is awesome!

Too much to take in at this moment! can't wait for the weekend to sit down and listen to it all!!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #368 posted 12/07/17 12:12am

novabrkr

"Yo Mister" has become my favourite of the recent leaks. It's a grower. Apparently, it was recorded between "If I Was Your Girlfriend" and "Cosmic Day, and I think it has a lot of the same magic as those two tracks.

I think the Patti LaBelle version has been more or less ruined by the "updated", late-80s style production, but Prince's original has the charm of the SOTT sessions intact.

[Edited 12/7/17 0:13am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #369 posted 12/07/17 12:40am

bluegangsta

avatar

Neversin said:

bluegangsta said:

"If The Kid Can't Make You Come" is just an extended version.

From what I understand, the Prince-vocals version of the third The Time album doesn't circulate amoung collectors.

The "almost" complete Prince version of "Ice Cream Castles" has been out there for years...

If you're talking about "Corporate World" then Prince's "demoes" (not proper by all means) are among collectors... Some of those songs are very sparse and seemingly quickly recorded with little to no effort in proper vocals ("Donald Trump (Black Version), "Corporate World", "Rollerskate", "Shake!" of the top of my head, I might be missing something...)
Prince's proper or finished takes of those songs I've yet to hear... The rest are proper demoes with "Release It" being the best as it's just an aggressive BEAST...

For all the orgnoters: "Out there" in this case meaning among "serious" traders and not the bootleg circuit...

Neversin.

[Edited 12/7/17 0:38am]

Thus the, "from what I understand". Happy to be wrong, if what you're saying is true.

Either way, I'd bet a small about of money that the first two Prince-vocal The Time albums will leak, along with a few more of the Lovesexy early versions.

Always cry 4 love, never cry 4 pain.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #370 posted 12/07/17 1:03am

JorisE73

bluegangsta said:

Neversin said:

The "almost" complete Prince version of "Ice Cream Castles" has been out there for years...

If you're talking about "Corporate World" then Prince's "demoes" (not proper by all means) are among collectors... Some of those songs are very sparse and seemingly quickly recorded with little to no effort in proper vocals ("Donald Trump (Black Version), "Corporate World", "Rollerskate", "Shake!" of the top of my head, I might be missing something...)
Prince's proper or finished takes of those songs I've yet to hear... The rest are proper demoes with "Release It" being the best as it's just an aggressive BEAST...

For all the orgnoters: "Out there" in this case meaning among "serious" traders and not the bootleg circuit...

Neversin.

[Edited 12/7/17 0:38am]

Thus the, "from what I understand". Happy to be wrong, if what you're saying is true.

Either way, I'd bet a small about of money that the first two Prince-vocal The Time albums will leak, along with a few more of the Lovesexy early versions.


I've heard rumours of the Prince and the Revolution version of the Apollonia 6 album is next to leak, god I hope so!
The Time albums would be great too. Years ago at a record fair I talked to some hardcor fans and one of them let hear a snippet of a acoustic version of Girl with Prince singnig and said that wiould be released online soon, sadly I've never seen or heard of it again.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #371 posted 12/07/17 1:50am

love2thenines2
003

JorisE73 said:

bluegangsta said:

Thus the, "from what I understand". Happy to be wrong, if what you're saying is true.

Either way, I'd bet a small about of money that the first two Prince-vocal The Time albums will leak, along with a few more of the Lovesexy early versions.


I've heard rumours of the Prince and the Revolution version of the Apollonia 6 album is next to leak, god I hope so!
The Time albums would be great too. Years ago at a record fair I talked to some hardcor fans and one of them let hear a snippet of a acoustic version of Girl with Prince singnig and said that wiould be released online soon, sadly I've never seen or heard of it again.

I have BIG BIG DOUBT about that...although it would B HYPER great....but it only rumours...i don't C the point why Collectors would leak this !

[Edited 12/7/17 1:50am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #372 posted 12/07/17 1:52am

databank

avatar

TheEnglishGent said:

TrivialPursuit said:


That version has been out for a good decade at least. I remember when St. Paul put it on his website at least a decade ago, if memory serves. I remember being surprised at the extra production in it. But the released version makes sense considering Prince stripped down some of the other songs on their record.

With Prince singing?

No, Paul. He put in on his website in 2002 (I've never been able to get a more specific date than the year, if anyone has any memory or data regarding a more exact release date, it'd be welcome).

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #373 posted 12/07/17 1:59am

JorisE73

love2thenines2003 said:

JorisE73 said:


I've heard rumours of the Prince and the Revolution version of the Apollonia 6 album is next to leak, god I hope so!
The Time albums would be great too. Years ago at a record fair I talked to some hardcor fans and one of them let hear a snippet of a acoustic version of Girl with Prince singnig and said that wiould be released online soon, sadly I've never seen or heard of it again.

I have BIG BIG DOUBT about that...although it would B HYPER great....but it only rumours...i don't C the point why Collectors would leak this !

[Edited 12/7/17 1:50am]

I don't know, some people say that bootleggers have the Appolonia 6 set since late 90's and with the Purple Rain Deluxe now out this could be next as a bootleg release so maybe someone will leak it before the bootleggers release it. I haven't a clue how this all works lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #374 posted 12/07/17 3:46am

love2thenines2
003

JorisE73 said:



love2thenines2003 said:




JorisE73 said:




I've heard rumours of the Prince and the Revolution version of the Apollonia 6 album is next to leak, god I hope so!
The Time albums would be great too. Years ago at a record fair I talked to some hardcor fans and one of them let hear a snippet of a acoustic version of Girl with Prince singnig and said that wiould be released online soon, sadly I've never seen or heard of it again.





I have BIG BIG DOUBT about that...although it would B HYPER great....but it only rumours...i don't C the point why Collectors would leak this !


[Edited 12/7/17 1:50am]



I don't know, some people say that bootleggers have the Appolonia 6 set since late 90's and with the Purple Rain Deluxe now out this could be next as a bootleg release so maybe someone will leak it before the bootleggers release it. I haven't a clue how this all works lol



Bootleggers have tons of Studio Material...i'm sure that the Record labels we all know will Release the Material in the months and years to Come ...the waves are very far to be Stopped....we'r gonna live exciting things in the Future 4 sure !
[Edited 12/7/17 3:48am]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #375 posted 12/07/17 3:53am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

I think in one of Sussan Rogers's interviews they mention that few (have any) of Prince's versions of the Times first 2 albums have been leaked.

"I was raped by the Arkansas AG who then becomes Governor & President..." Juanita Broaddrick
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #376 posted 12/07/17 4:27am

sulls

avatar

Neversin said:

bluegangsta said:

"If The Kid Can't Make You Come" is just an extended version.

From what I understand, the Prince-vocals version of the third The Time album doesn't circulate amoung collectors.

The "almost" complete Prince version of "Ice Cream Castles" has been out there for years...

If you're talking about "Corporate World" then Prince's "demoes" (not proper by all means) are among collectors... Some of those songs are very sparse and seemingly quickly recorded with little to no effort in proper vocals ("Donald Trump (Black Version), "Corporate World", "Rollerskate", "Shake!" of the top of my head, I might be missing something...)
Prince's proper or finished takes of those songs I've yet to hear... The rest are proper demoes with "Release It" being the best as it's just an aggressive BEAST...

For all the orgnoters: "Out there" in this case meaning among "serious" traders and not the bootleg circuit...

Neversin.

[Edited 12/7/17 0:38am]

Always informative, Neversin. Thank you! Can you confirm whether or not good/better quality versions of Take Me With U (extended) and Euphoria Highway exist among the serious traders?

"I like to watch."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #377 posted 12/07/17 5:02am

Silvertongue7

The Time albums with Prince's vocals have always been my holy grail... I'll be a very happy man if they leak. Apollonia 6's would be cool too.

Someone's in my body, someone's in my body...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #378 posted 12/07/17 5:07am

Neversin

avatar

sulls said:

Neversin said:

The "almost" complete Prince version of "Ice Cream Castles" has been out there for years...

If you're talking about "Corporate World" then Prince's "demoes" (not proper by all means) are among collectors... Some of those songs are very sparse and seemingly quickly recorded with little to no effort in proper vocals ("Donald Trump (Black Version), "Corporate World", "Rollerskate", "Shake!" of the top of my head, I might be missing something...)
Prince's proper or finished takes of those songs I've yet to hear... The rest are proper demoes with "Release It" being the best as it's just an aggressive BEAST...

For all the orgnoters: "Out there" in this case meaning among "serious" traders and not the bootleg circuit...

Neversin.

[Edited 12/7/17 0:38am]

Always informative, Neversin. Thank you! Can you confirm whether or not good/better quality versions of Take Me With U (extended) and Euphoria Highway exist among the serious traders?


Straight copies (before tagging and/or watering down) of these are amongst traders...
Everything on bootlegs in shitty quality was intentionally so...

Neversin.

O(+>NIИ<+)O

“Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's?”

- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #379 posted 12/07/17 5:25am

sulls

avatar

Neversin said:

sulls said:

Always informative, Neversin. Thank you! Can you confirm whether or not good/better quality versions of Take Me With U (extended) and Euphoria Highway exist among the serious traders?


Straight copies (before tagging and/or watering down) of these are amongst traders...
Everything on bootlegs in shitty quality was intentionally so...

Neversin.

Thanks for the scoop. Two of my grail trax...

"I like to watch."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #380 posted 12/07/17 5:38am

love2thenines2
003

sulls said:

Neversin said:


Straight copies (before tagging and/or watering down) of these are amongst traders...
Everything on bootlegs in shitty quality was intentionally so...

Neversin.

Thanks for the scoop. Two of my grail trax...

Other Jewels trax from PR sessions are in the hands of collectors & traders from these circles > Heard about > a rough Extended uncirculating version of DARLING NIKKI & DIVINITY....i wish Neversin or some1 can confirm or share more info about these trax ?

thanx in advance

[Edited 12/7/17 5:40am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #381 posted 12/07/17 6:25am

ludwig

novabrkr said:

"Yo Mister" has become my favourite of the recent leaks. It's a grower. Apparently, it was recorded between "If I Was Your Girlfriend" and "Cosmic Day, and I think it has a lot of the same magic as those two tracks.

I think the Patti LaBelle version has been more or less ruined by the "updated", late-80s style production, but Prince's original has the charm of the SOTT sessions intact.

[Edited 12/7/17 0:13am]

It's been ruined by her voice. Now i can finally listen to the REAL version of the song. And I love it.

[Edited 12/7/17 6:26am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #382 posted 12/07/17 6:49am

Romeoblu

I can't find the Bobbi Jo leak anywhere.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #383 posted 12/07/17 6:52am

love2thenines2
003

Back in 2015 ...listed by Neversin >>> and supposed to be leaked at a moment or another...since this time...some Songs are factually already leaked !!

"

Broken faucets...

Soon, I guess...

"High School 1975-1976 Video"

"You're A Machine"

"Rough"

"Sister+ (Brass Bed)"

"Dancing Flue"

"Make U Mine"

"Rain Demo"

"Strange Way"

1981 Controversy "Rough Cut" Video

"Vagina"

"Wednesday"

"The Dance Electric Rehearsal + Dub versions"

Prince's "Family"

"Romance 1600 instrumental jams"

"Little Rock Demo"

"High Calonic"

"Run Amok"

"Horny Pony Demo"

"Big Tall Wall"

"Birthday 1986 Uncut Video"

"Come Elektra Tuesday"

"Cosmic Day"

"Camden 1988 Video"

"In A Large Room With No Light Jam"

"Girls Will B Girls"

"By Aliens Means"

"The Dawn"

"Bloody Mouth"

"Dance With The Devil"

Courtesy of a fucking asshole...

Just a heads up and all tagged except for the videos...

Neversin. "

FEEL FREE 2 BE CORRECTED OR COMPLETED

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #384 posted 12/07/17 6:55am

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

ludwig said:

novabrkr said:

"Yo Mister" has become my favourite of the recent leaks. It's a grower. Apparently, it was recorded between "If I Was Your Girlfriend" and "Cosmic Day, and I think it has a lot of the same magic as those two tracks.

I think the Patti LaBelle version has been more or less ruined by the "updated", late-80s style production, but Prince's original has the charm of the SOTT sessions intact.

[Edited 12/7/17 0:13am]

It's been ruined by her voice. Now i can finally listen to the REAL version of the song. And I love it.

[Edited 12/7/17 6:26am]

While I will agree that Prince should have released his version, what we're not going to do is disrespect Patti LaBelle's version! no no no!

"Something...do not compute." disbelief
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #385 posted 12/07/17 6:58am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Now that "Nothing Compares 2 U" is out that is basically all of the Prince Family songs (at least released ones) that Prince would have recorded a vocal for... (River Run Dry was by Bobby right?)


Also Feline? Miss Understood? Anything else?

"I was raped by the Arkansas AG who then becomes Governor & President..." Juanita Broaddrick
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #386 posted 12/07/17 7:06am

paulludvig

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Now that "Nothing Compares 2 U" is out that is basically all of the Prince Family songs (at least released ones) that Prince would have recorded a vocal for... (River Run Dry was by Bobby right?)


Also Feline? Miss Understood? Anything else?

At least officially.

The wooh is on the one!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #387 posted 12/07/17 7:09am

JorisE73

"High School 1975-1976 Video"

"You're A Machine"

"Rough" (this leaked last year right? 'Too Rough'?)

"Sister+ (Brass Bed)" (I heard 'Brass Bed' was originally tagged to one of the 'Sister' demos that just leaked and was from teh same tape)

"Dancing Flue"

"Make U Mine"

"Rain Demo"

"Strange Way" (this leaked too right?)

1981 Controversy "Rough Cut" Video

"Vagina"

"Wednesday"

"The Dance Electric Rehearsal + Dub versions" (Someone let me heared the rehearsal and a dub version, 1 dub version was recently released on one of the bootleg sets)

Prince's "Family" (I was told that only some as of yet unknown tracks were left off but the complete thing is out)

"Romance 1600 instrumental jams"

"Little Rock Demo" (didn't this leak last year?)

"High Calonic" (didn;t this leak last year?)

"Run Amok"

"Horny Pony Demo" (This leaked with the Diamonds and Pearls album early set)

"Big Tall Wall"

"Birthday 1986 Uncut Video"

"Come Elektra Tuesday"

"Cosmic Day" (BFTP6?)

"Camden 1988 Video"

"In A Large Room With No Light Jam" (I didn't know this one leaked!!!)

"Girls Will B Girls"

"By Aliens Means"

"The Dawn"

"Bloody Mouth" (I heared this was supposedly planned on one of the EYE sets)

"Dance With The Devil"

I heared the videos are 350 MB ancient Xvid rips from flawless sources.

[Edited 12/7/17 7:12am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #388 posted 12/07/17 8:13am

databank

avatar

JorisE73 said:

"High School 1975-1976 Video"

"You're A Machine"

"Rough" (this leaked last year right? 'Too Rough'?)

"Sister+ (Brass Bed)" (I heard 'Brass Bed' was originally tagged to one of the 'Sister' demos that just leaked and was from teh same tape)

"Dancing Flue"

"Make U Mine"

"Rain Demo"

"Strange Way" (this leaked too right?)

1981 Controversy "Rough Cut" Video

"Vagina"

"Wednesday"

"The Dance Electric Rehearsal + Dub versions" (Someone let me heared the rehearsal and a dub version, 1 dub version was recently released on one of the bootleg sets)

Prince's "Family" (I was told that only some as of yet unknown tracks were left off but the complete thing is out)

"Romance 1600 instrumental jams"

"Little Rock Demo" (didn't this leak last year?)

"High Calonic" (didn;t this leak last year?)

"Run Amok"

"Horny Pony Demo" (This leaked with the Diamonds and Pearls album early set)

"Big Tall Wall"

"Birthday 1986 Uncut Video"

"Come Elektra Tuesday"

"Cosmic Day" (BFTP6?)

"Camden 1988 Video"

"In A Large Room With No Light Jam" (I didn't know this one leaked!!!)

"Girls Will B Girls"

"By Aliens Means"

"The Dawn"

"Bloody Mouth" (I heared this was supposedly planned on one of the EYE sets)

"Dance With The Devil"

I heared the videos are 350 MB ancient Xvid rips from flawless sources.

[Edited 12/7/17 7:12am]

In A Large Room Jam hasn't leaked, at least as far as I know.

The Birthday Parade uncut video was apparently aired once, late at night and unannounced, on Detroit's WGPR.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #389 posted 12/07/17 8:15am

databank

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

I think in one of Sussan Rogers's interviews they mention that few (have any) of Prince's versions of the Times first 2 albums have been leaked.

I don't think so.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 13 of 18 « First<91011121314151617>Last »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Closer 2 God:Outtakes 1980-2015