independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 17th Nov 2017 9:41am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Celebrities Ruined by Drugs – Prince.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/03/17 10:04pm

MD431Madcat

avatar

Celebrities Ruined by Drugs – Prince.

NOT COOL! confused

Link: https://viraliq.com/12-ce...ed-drugs/2

We will start the list with a recent victim of an overdose, which is still fresh in our memories.

Prince is acclaimed as one of the most influential musicians of the last three decades, a period in which a lot of barriers fell.

Prince was praised for both singing and his stage performance. Many critics still have their hats raised in respect for Prince and his contribution to modern music.

Prince died of a drug overdose at his recording studio and home in Chanhassen, Minnesota, on April 21, 2016. Medical expertise revealed that intoxication with Fentanyl, a potent opioid analgesic, was the main factor to blame.

At the age of 57, Prince certainly would have had many successful years ahead of him.

1prince.jpg

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/04/17 7:40am

stpaisios

avatar

Comparing Prince to junkies is not cool.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/04/17 8:45am

KoolEaze

avatar

It´s articles like this that make me wish those in the know would finally stop beating around the bush and tell the world what they really know. I hate to see the label drug addict being attached to one of the hardest working musicians in showbiz ever, and a clean living one to boot. There´s a big difference between recreational drug (ab)use and having to resort to heavy painkillers due to pain issues or some other underlying health issues. Sure, it was the fentanyl that killed him...but why was he taking it in the first place, and where did he get it from?

Can´t wait for the truth to be revealed.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/04/17 9:21am

twinnies

avatar

Prince was NOT a drug addict. In my opinion, when people compare him to that, those people are just plain IDIOTS!!!!!!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/04/17 9:31am

DBW

cool I don't give a damn what they say, I still don't believe it was drugs. That is what they told us! That is what they want us to believe. Prince was not a drug user!!!!! I followed this man for years, never a hint of drug use, then all of a sudden he's dead and "it was drugs"! Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit!!!!!!!!!! I will take this to the grave with me.

MD431Madcat said:

NOT COOL! confused

Link: https://viraliq.com/12-ce...ed-drugs/2

We will start the list with a recent victim of an overdose, which is still fresh in our memories.

Prince is acclaimed as one of the most influential musicians of the last three decades, a period in which a lot of barriers fell.

Prince was praised for both singing and his stage performance. Many critics still have their hats raised in respect for Prince and his contribution to modern music.

Prince died of a drug overdose at his recording studio and home in Chanhassen, Minnesota, on April 21, 2016. Medical expertise revealed that intoxication with Fentanyl, a potent opioid analgesic, was the main factor to blame.

At the age of 57, Prince certainly would have had many successful years ahead of him.

1prince.jpg

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/04/17 9:52am

laytonian

People, this is nothing but a click-bait spam site article.
Look at that URL. VIRALIQ?
You knew it was trash and you still posted it here?
SMH
[Edited 11/4/17 9:53am]
Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/04/17 10:01am

ThatWhiteDude

Just close the thread, it's a click bait article anyway.
"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/04/17 5:14pm

HerecomethePur
pleYoda

avatar

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/04/17 8:49pm

emesem

Seems like a ridiculous article but to deny Prince had a terrible drug addiction that cost him his life is delusional. Stop thinking of falling in to addiction as a moral failure and see it as an all too common illness and medical condition.

[Edited 11/4/17 20:51pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/04/17 8:55pm

ThatWhiteDude

emesem said:

Seems like a ridiculous article but to deny Prince had a terrible drug addiction that cost him his life is delusional. Stop thinking of falling in to addiction as a moral failure and see it as an all too common illness and medical condition.

[Edited 11/4/17 20:51pm]

True. I neve thought it's a failure, I mean, who am I to judge? I'm pretty sure everybody is addicted to one thing, even if it's your phone.

It only makes us human, and P was just that. He had his good side and he had flaws.

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/04/17 10:20pm

milesb

I think what makes it so hard to believe is that he was so anti drugs.

It just goes to show how dangerous these opiods are.

If someone so seemingly clean living, strong and so in control can fall foul of these awful things, then we should all take heed.

He left us all a valuable lesson in death, as equally valuable as the lessons he taught us in life.

My password is what
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/04/17 10:55pm

udo

avatar

stpaisios said:

Comparing Prince to junkies is not cool.

.

The problem is wayyy broader than that.

The USA experiences an opiate epidemic.

Sp saying that Prince `accidentally` took these opiates is kinda moot.

The opiate situation shows a country unable to provide for it's peoples and unable to stop the flow of these drugs.

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 11/04/17 11:15pm

MD431Madcat

avatar

It's out there..

Joe Q public -----> thinks It's TRUE!

2 Me it = Not Cool! confused

laytonian said:

People, this is nothing but a click-bait spam site article. Look at that URL. VIRALIQ? You knew it was trash and you still posted it here? SMH [Edited 11/4/17 9:53am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 11/05/17 4:40am

laurarichardso
n

emesem said:

Seems like a ridiculous article but to deny Prince had a terrible drug addiction that cost him his life is delusional. Stop thinking of falling in to addiction as a moral failure and see it as an all too common illness and medical condition.


[Edited 11/4/17 20:51pm]


—It has nothing to do with any of that at all.
Many of us believe he had a terminal illness and took drugs for pain. We are getting this idea from his sister not pulling it out of the thin air.
What is sad is how quickly some fans want to put in him in the drug addict box ignoring the volume of work he did? No life long drug addict would have been able to have vault with 20k worth of work in it that the artist created if that artist spent his career high out of his ass.
Not one single person who worked with has said he was high. Why? Estates can not sue for defamation. So where are the stories?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 11/05/17 5:31am

NorthC

"Many of us believe"... In other words, you're not sure. I don't like tabloid articles like this any more than the rest of you, but an addiction is an addiction, whether it's heroïn or pain killers. And Udo is right in pointing out that Prince's use of pain killers is part of a larger problem.
[Edited 11/5/17 5:33am]
Don't ever lose your dreams.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 11/05/17 7:11am

laurarichardso
n

NorthC said:

"Many of us believe"... In other words, you're not sure. I don't like tabloid articles like this any more than the rest of you, but an addiction is an addiction, whether it's heroïn or pain killers. And Udo is right in pointing out that Prince's use of pain killers is part of a larger problem.
[Edited 11/5/17 5:33am]

I said many because I cannot speak for all not because I do not believe. If you want to ignore what his associate and a family member has said go ahead. This stuff is not coming out of thin air. Yes, there is a problem with pain pill addiction in this country I just do not think someone taking meds for a legit illness falls into this category. Please see the Instagram post yesterday from Elisha Foriello.
https://mobile.twitter.co...gr%5Etweet
Why is she referencing Prince and Pancreatic cancer?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 11/05/17 7:41am

NorthC

As they would say in those American court dramas on tv:"Objection, Your Honour, hearsay!" There is no proof that Prince was suffering from a terminal illness, that's all I'm saying.
Don't ever lose your dreams.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 11/05/17 8:11am

purplerabbitho
le

Probably she is performing at the Pancreatic cancer event and they are using P's music due to the official color of both Prince and the charity being PURPLE.

Pancreatic cancer killed my uncle. Once he was officially diagnosed he was dead in 3 months. Its a fast moving cancer from what I gather. No number of pain pills would have worked to keep P on his feet enough to do the P and M tour if he had pancreatic cancer. I would sooner believe he had HIV.

laurarichardson said:

NorthC said:
"Many of us believe"... In other words, you're not sure. I don't like tabloid articles like this any more than the rest of you, but an addiction is an addiction, whether it's heroïn or pain killers. And Udo is right in pointing out that Prince's use of pain killers is part of a larger problem. [Edited 11/5/17 5:33am]
I said many because I cannot speak for all not because I do not believe. If you want to ignore what his associate and a family member has said go ahead. This stuff is not coming out of thin air. Yes, there is a problem with pain pill addiction in this country I just do not think someone taking meds for a legit illness falls into this category. Please see the Instagram post yesterday from Elisha Foriello. https://mobile.twitter.co...gr%5Etweet Why is she referencing Prince and Pancreatic cancer?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 11/05/17 9:38am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

milesb said:

I think what makes it so hard to believe is that he was so anti drugs.

It just goes to show how dangerous these opiods are.

If someone so seemingly clean living, strong and so in control can fall foul of these awful things, then we should all take heed.

He left us all a valuable lesson in death, as equally valuable as the lessons he taught us in life.

Find strength in that which remains...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 11/05/17 10:22am

SoulAlive

NorthC said:

"Many of us believe"... In other words, you're not sure. I don't like tabloid articles like this any more than the rest of you, but an addiction is an addiction, whether it's heroïn or pain killers. And Udo is right in pointing out that Prince's use of pain killers is part of a larger problem.

I agree.This article makes me angry,but we can't deny that drugs played a major role in Prince's death.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 11/05/17 6:14pm

MD431Madcat

avatar

sad Prince was my number one my Dude..

SoulAlive said:

NorthC said:

"Many of us believe"... In other words, you're not sure. I don't like tabloid articles like this any more than the rest of you, but an addiction is an addiction, whether it's heroïn or pain killers. And Udo is right in pointing out that Prince's use of pain killers is part of a larger problem.

I agree.This article makes me angry,but we can't deny that drugs played a major role in Prince's death.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 11/06/17 2:13am

rossamoran

I know we don’t know all the facts, so I’m just going with what we’ve been told. As much as I love Prince, I can not defend him. I would not classify him as a junkie, however he overdosed and must have had some form of an addiction. Unfortunately, it cost him his life. I believe that without the fentanyl, Prince would still be here today. But he’s not, and we have to try to come to terms with that. Again, just going with the information that has been released. No shade, just my opinion. Hate all you want. neutral
[Edited 11/6/17 2:14am]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 11/06/17 4:41am

rogifan

Oh great another drug thread. Just what the place needs. rolleyes
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 11/06/17 5:14am

lemoncrush19

avatar

threads like this one are the only reason bs-articles like the one mentioned exist. and they will exist as long as people click on it, talk about it and spread it. so if u don’t like it, don’t click on it! if u want to stop it, just ignore it! the more y‘all are paying attention to it the less likely those stories will disappear.

just use ur own bain instead!!! make up ur own mind! why is it so important to y’all what anybody else is thinking? people will talk anyway ... and believe what they want to believe ... so let them talk and enjoy all the wonderful music he gave us instead ... peace & be wild 💜
the only love there is is the love we make heart
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 11/06/17 5:51am

laurarichardso
n

SoulAlive said:

NorthC said:

"Many of us believe"... In other words, you're not sure. I don't like tabloid articles like this any more than the rest of you, but an addiction is an addiction, whether it's heroïn or pain killers. And Udo is right in pointing out that Prince's use of pain killers is part of a larger problem.

I agree.This article makes me angry,but we can't deny that drugs played a major role in Prince's death.

Yes, we can because we have not one shread of evidence that drugs were plaging him the whole of his life.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 11/06/17 6:29am

PeteSilas

i'm not convinced yet that that's all there was to it, but you can't blame the dilletante music fans to know any different, it's happened so many times before that "there goes another one" is the response.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 11/06/17 6:32am

PeteSilas

i believe it, reading about how the great Walter Payton weighed about a hundred pounds and "looked like Sammy Davis jr." at his time of death tells all about the ravages of pancreatic cancer, ironically, it's an oppurtunistic disease of some sort from aids also, he had to come out and just say he had cancer because it was rumoured that he had aids. I don't think he did but it's possible, i think it was more because he abused pain pills. All this bullshit and mystery with Prince just makes me really think he had HIV, even though there are much better treatments today, people still die, one of the arquette siblings died of it recently didn't they?

purplerabbithole said:

Probably she is performing at the Pancreatic cancer event and they are using P's music due to the official color of both Prince and the charity being PURPLE.

Pancreatic cancer killed my uncle. Once he was officially diagnosed he was dead in 3 months. Its a fast moving cancer from what I gather. No number of pain pills would have worked to keep P on his feet enough to do the P and M tour if he had pancreatic cancer. I would sooner believe he had HIV.

laurarichardson said:

NorthC said: I said many because I cannot speak for all not because I do not believe. If you want to ignore what his associate and a family member has said go ahead. This stuff is not coming out of thin air. Yes, there is a problem with pain pill addiction in this country I just do not think someone taking meds for a legit illness falls into this category. Please see the Instagram post yesterday from Elisha Foriello. https://mobile.twitter.co...gr%5Etweet Why is she referencing Prince and Pancreatic cancer?

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 11/06/17 7:55am

laurarichardso
n

I have never seen anyone with AIDs sitting at a piano playing and traveling around the country. I also could see some massive lawsuits if any thought he had AIDS. I actually doubt Tyka would be saying anything at all because she can forget about her inheirentence if this turns out to be the case.

I saw the documentary on Tommie Morrison and he was on a ventilator the last six months of his life and he looked liked death warmed over prior to being hospitalized. He stopped taking his meds and it did not take long for him to deteriotate.

I say cancer or organ failing. I have had a few Uncles die of liver and kidney failure it can be painful and delibitating but with some treatment you can get a round a bit.

Walter Payton had liver problems due to bile duct cancer. See article below. It took about six months from his diagnois to death. I doubt Walter Payton was addicted to pain pills but we know he took them and these meds destroy your organs and it does not even take long for it to happen. You can have liver failure from taking to many aspirians. With treatment and if these types of cancers go into remission and person could make it for 10 years. It is possible that if Prince had used pain pills going back to the 90s he might have known about damage as long as a decade ago.

----

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1999-11-02/news/9911020076_1_liver-transplant-cancer-chicago-hospitals

---

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=10910

The signs and symptoms of PSC include jaundice (yellowing), generalized pruritus (itching all over the body), upper abdominal pain, and infection.

The disease causes irreversible scarring of the liver (cirrhosis) and liver failure, leading to the consideration of liver transplantation. PSC is, in fact, one of the more common reasons for a liver transplant.

The diagnosis of PSC is confirmed by demonstration of thickened bile ducts using a special radiological test called cholangiography in which dye is injected into the bile ducts and then x-rays are taken of the injected ducts.

The treatment of PSC (short of liver transplantation) includes the drug cholestyramine (QUESTRAN) to diminish itching, antibiotics for infection, and vitamin D and calcium to prevent bone loss (osteoporosis). Sometimes, balloon dilatation (a procedure in which the bile ducts are stretched open) or surgery to bypass an obstructed bile duct are performed.

The expected length of survival depends on the age of the person, their

degree of jaundice (based on their blood bilirubin level), how advanced the PSC is by liver biopsy (whether cirrhosis has developed or not), and the size of the spleen (splenomegaly).

The long-term prognosis for PSC is poor. Wwithout a liver transplant, most patients die within 10 years of the time of diagnosis of the disease.

PeteSilas said:

i believe it, reading about how the great Walter Payton weighed about a hundred pounds and "looked like Sammy Davis jr." at his time of death tells all about the ravages of pancreatic cancer, ironically, it's an oppurtunistic disease of some sort from aids also, he had to come out and just say he had cancer because it was rumoured that he had aids. I don't think he did but it's possible, i think it was more because he abused pain pills. All this bullshit and mystery with Prince just makes me really think he had HIV, even though there are much better treatments today, people still die, one of the arquette siblings died of it recently didn't they?

purplerabbithole said:

Probably she is performing at the Pancreatic cancer event and they are using P's music due to the official color of both Prince and the charity being PURPLE.

Pancreatic cancer killed my uncle. Once he was officially diagnosed he was dead in 3 months. Its a fast moving cancer from what I gather. No number of pain pills would have worked to keep P on his feet enough to do the P and M tour if he had pancreatic cancer. I would sooner believe he had HIV.

[Edited 11/6/17 7:59am]

[Edited 11/6/17 8:11am]

[Edited 11/6/17 10:41am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 11/06/17 9:36am

SignOthetimes1
987

I believe Prince's opiate addiction was fairly new, Vicodin and Percocet are not

strong compared to Roxy 30's, Dilaudid or Opana.

Yet they only found vic's and perc's at PP, advanced addicts take stronger opiates than

Vicodin normally.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 11/06/17 9:52am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

SignOthetimes1987 said:

I believe Prince's opiate addiction was fairly new, Vicodin and Percocet are not

strong compared to Roxy 30's, Dilaudid or Opana.

Yet they only found vic's and perc's at PP, advanced addicts take stronger opiates than

Vicodin normally.

More drugs I've never heard of... confused

Find strength in that which remains...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Celebrities Ruined by Drugs – Prince.