independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 22nd Nov 2017 2:14pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Search warrants (facts and tidbits).
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 13 of 19 « First<91011121314151617>Last »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #360 posted 11/12/17 12:39pm

GoneCrazy2016

Menes said:



PennyPurple said:




Menes said:



Welcome to all.

Did anyone notice that there were six (6) people that morning when the officer arrived? I count Andrew, Merue, Kirk and Dr. Schulenberg. Judith was already in California, I believe. How far does Tyka live from Prince? Why wasn't she contacted at any time that morning?



2 paramedics, I beleive.



That may be it.

I am still try to process why Tyka is not mentioned in the documents if she had some knowledge of him passing in the way that she mentions? It is clear that they were not aware of this "(3) year" business.

Why would she mention it now and not then? There is an ongoing investigation ( clearly investigators think a crime was committed) and I'm not sure how what she says plays into the whole thing. It is as if it eliminates any need for further investigation.

Thoughts anyone?



I 100% agree. It really sux that it seems the investigation has drifted to the wayside. What I do not understand is why his "good friend" KJ, would drop him off that night after visiting the pharmacy, knowing full well what condition he was in and leave him alone. Dr. Kornfeld was contacted and told it was a life or death emergency. So WHY would he leave him alone? I would never leave a friend of mine in that condition by themselves. It bothers me that he also had full access to Paisley Park, where all of the Fentanyl was found, and some taken, regardless of the availability of alternate medication that he was used to. I am surprised that I don't see anyone else asking why he was dropped off at the front door. AND why was he found in the elevator by the front door. It is not like he was going to drive himself if he was messed up, plus his garage was under PP, and I know that he had a landline. It does not add up that he would get dressed and go to the front instead of calling someone for help. Lastly, the coroner said he had his black hat on.soooo, he got out of bed, put his clothes on including a hat, took a ride in the elevator down to the front of Paisley Park? Something smells fishy.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #361 posted 11/12/17 1:47pm

Bodhitheblackd
og

Menes said:

Bodhitheblackdog said:

OR were these pills just thrown around helter-skelter in drug induced fogs...percocet? oxy?

it's all good...anything that gets me out of my body. The numbers and variety of various pills, legit and street, indicate to me that's why he had been called a "pill man"...If anyone out there has ever been in close proximity to an addict, you know chaos and disorder is not unusual.

I don't think the warrants indicate that they were thrown around "helter skelter". What is clear is that there were placed in places Prince would frequently visit and concealed in containers that looked like vitamin /prescription bottles. Easy to find, easy to identify, easy to disguise.

Good clarification, what I meant to convey was he was apparently taking so much different stuff of varying legitimacy...how could anyone keep it straight? Do you think when you're impaired, you can look in your "Vitamin bottle" (probably in low light) and automatically recognize the strength/legitimacy of what you procurred illegally? Serious question...

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #362 posted 11/12/17 2:43pm

Menes

Bodhitheblackdog said:

Menes said:

I don't think the warrants indicate that they were thrown around "helter skelter". What is clear is that there were placed in places Prince would frequently visit and concealed in containers that looked like vitamin /prescription bottles. Easy to find, easy to identify, easy to disguise.

Good clarification, what I meant to convey was he was apparently taking so much different stuff of varying legitimacy...how could anyone keep it straight? Do you think when you're impaired, you can look in your "Vitamin bottle" (probably in low light) and automatically recognize the strength/legitimacy of what you procurred illegally? Serious question...

I agree with that assessment. Further, as you pointed out in an earlier post, he would not have wanted Judith to see him having an "episode " which may indicate how unreliable taking so many different things can be.

I will say this... As unreliable of a method as it may have been, when you self administer that much stuff over a period of time, there is but one glaring risk that the user understands. . He didn't start doing this on the day of the plane ride.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #363 posted 11/12/17 3:04pm

Menes

GoneCrazy2016 said:

Menes said:

That may be it.

I am still try to process why Tyka is not mentioned in the documents if she had some knowledge of him passing in the way that she mentions? It is clear that they were not aware of this "(3) year" business.

Why would she mention it now and not then? There is an ongoing investigation ( clearly investigators think a crime was committed) and I'm not sure how what she says plays into the whole thing. It is as if it eliminates any need for further investigation.

Thoughts anyone?

I 100% agree. It really sux that it seems the investigation has drifted to the wayside. What I do not understand is why his "good friend" KJ, would drop him off that night after visiting the pharmacy, knowing full well what condition he was in and leave him alone. Dr. Kornfeld was contacted and told it was a life or death emergency. So WHY would he leave him alone? I would never leave a friend of mine in that condition by themselves. It bothers me that he also had full access to Paisley Park, where all of the Fentanyl was found, and some taken, regardless of the availability of alternate medication that he was used to. I am surprised that I don't see anyone else asking why he was dropped off at the front door. AND why was he found in the elevator by the front door. It is not like he was going to drive himself if he was messed up, plus his garage was under PP, and I know that he had a landline. It does not add up that he would get dressed and go to the front instead of calling someone for help. Lastly, the coroner said he had his black hat on.soooo, he got out of bed, put his clothes on including a hat, took a ride in the elevator down to the front of Paisley Park? Something smells fishy.

Ah. You should circle the wagons because you have sussed many glaring clues out. Up to you to put it all together.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #364 posted 11/12/17 3:57pm

Bodhitheblackd
og

Menes said:

Bodhitheblackdog said:

Good clarification, what I meant to convey was he was apparently taking so much different stuff of varying legitimacy...how could anyone keep it straight? Do you think when you're impaired, you can look in your "Vitamin bottle" (probably in low light) and automatically recognize the strength/legitimacy of what you procurred illegally? Serious question...

I agree with that assessment. Further, as you pointed out in an earlier post, he would not have wanted Judith to see him having an "episode " which may indicate how unreliable taking so many different things can be.

I will say this... As unreliable of a method as it may have been, when you self administer that much stuff over a period of time, there is but one glaring risk that the user understands. . He didn't start doing this on the day of the plane ride.

The question/issue of how long Prince was injesting pain meds has caused more than one thread to be locked to the detriment of the truth. So sad...especially because it feeds DENIAL and conspiracy theories here on the Org..

And this information could fully round out the picture of 1) how much organ damage he had incurred, 2) his mental/emotional state including on-going depression (switch to black clothes) and thoughts of suicide (chocolate overdose? really?),3) the various places he had traveled to to either perform, visit friends or chill (T&C) cross-referenced with what illegal drugs were available in those locals and sold by whom? The focus on Minnie is ridiculously limited, IMO. The man was a world traveler, remember?

If, as is my belief, this had been going on for years...it clarifies the reality that he could and did access drugs anywhere in the world and therefore a certain 'trail' will never be uncovered.

What will (and probably has) been uncovered is the LARGE cast of enablers. One of whom dropped him off at Paisley Park that last night and said Goodbye, Bro...for what he KNEW was the last time.

The user knows how it always ends...and so did his best and most trusted friend. And he let him go for a reason...I happen to think it was out of love.

[Edited 11/12/17 16:04pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #365 posted 11/12/17 4:32pm

Menes

Bodhitheblackdog said:

Menes said:

I agree with that assessment. Further, as you pointed out in an earlier post, he would not have wanted Judith to see him having an "episode " which may indicate how unreliable taking so many different things can be.

I will say this... As unreliable of a method as it may have been, when you self administer that much stuff over a period of time, there is but one glaring risk that the user understands. . He didn't start doing this on the day of the plane ride.

The question/issue of how long Prince was injesting pain meds has caused more than one thread to be locked to the detriment of the truth. So sad...especially because it feeds DENIAL and conspiracy theories here on the Org..

And this information could fully round out the picture of 1) how much organ damage he had incurred, 2) his mental/emotional state including on-going depression (switch to black clothes) and thoughts of suicide (chocolate overdose? really?),3) the various places he had traveled to to either perform, visit friends or chill (T&C) cross-referenced with what illegal drugs were available in those locals and sold by whom? The focus on Minnie is ridiculously limited, IMO. The man was a world traveler, remember?

If, as is my belief, this had been going on for years...it clarifies the reality that he could and did access drugs anywhere in the world and therefore a certain 'trail' will never be uncovered.

What will (and probably has) been uncovered is the LARGE cast of enablers. One of whom dropped him off at Paisley Park that last night and said Goodbye, Bro...for what he KNEW was the last time.

The user knows how it always ends...and so did his best and most trusted friend. And he let him go for a reason...I happen to think it was out of love.

[Edited 11/12/17 16:04pm]

As in assisted suicide out of love? Or was it pity? He(kirk) doesn't appear to be very sad about too much. He is( and remains) the only one that had access to go back and check that night , open the door in the morning( had keys), dropped him off at Walgreens, and, he was the last to see him right before Prince stop responding at 8 pm. This is not murder people. He wouldve been tarred and feathered a long time ago.

He told the investigators everything about the percocets on the plane, the withdrawals, the hip pain, the prescriptions,the managers that would hook Prince up with other "doctors" while on tour. I could go on and on. He saw it, and as you said, he let him go for a reason.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #366 posted 11/12/17 8:45pm

206Michelle

Menes said:



laurarichardson said:


206Michelle said:


Regarding Dr. Schulenburg:



"Prince documents unsealed: No meds in home were prescribed to him"




By Sara Sidner, Rosalina Nieves and Alanne Orjoux, CNN


Updated 9:50 AM ET, Tue April 18, 2017




Source: http://www.cnn.com/2017/0...index.html


.



"Schulenburg is a local doctor who arrived at Paisley Park after the singer's body was found in an elevator inside the complex, according to the documents.

.

The doctor left his job at North Memorial Medical Center nearly three weeks after Prince's death.

According to a search warrant, Schulenberg told investigators he saw Prince on April 7 and April 20, and prescribed medications for Prince to be picked up at a Walgreens pharmacy. He went to Paisley Park on April 21 -- the day Prince was found -- to drop off test results, he said.

.

Schulenberg said Monday he did not prescribe any opioid painkillers to Prince."




Sigh, In the serch warrant Dr.S is said to have said he did prescribe painkillers to Prince written for Kirk. Dr. S then put out a press release saying he did not. You have three people who should be in cuffs and they are not.

I think the mix up is in what was found in the bottle as opposed to what was prescribed. There are two parts to this story. We know from the warrant that Schuleneberg met with Prince and prescribed him lLonidine, Hydroxyzine Pamoate and Diazepam. According to the warrant ,Kirk picked up those prescriptions on 4/20/2016 from Walgreens so you would think those were legitimate. He said that was the first time he had done something like that for Prince. That's part (1). Dr. Schulenberg' statement is that he saw Prince on two occasions. (4-7-2016 and 4-20-2016). Dr. Schulenberg also admitted that he prescribed Prince a prescription for oxycodone the same day as the emergency plane landing (4-14-2016) but put the prescription in Kirk Johnson's name for Prince's privacy. That's part (2). That is the jist of the Dr. Schulenberg/Kirk/Prince connection.



Now, On 4-21-2016 ( the day Prince was found deceased) a suitcase was found next to his bed. Inside that suitcase were prescriptions pill bottles in the name of Johnson (this is where the confusion comes in). The examination of those pills in the suitcase revealed that not all the pills inside the containers were pills listed on the prescription. So, the prescription bottles that Kirk had in his name is legitimate but someone switched the pills to make it appear as though they were legitimate when they were not.

For instance, the Vitamin D bottle (prescription) had the Ondanestron Hydrochloride in there.

A second prescription bottle, said to contain Ondansetron , contained the controlled substance Acetaminophen/oxycodone.

The date those medications were prescribed to Johnson , according to the pill bottles , was 4/7/2016. The medications were prescribed by Dr.Schulenberg.

So in essence, the only drugs that were prescribed to Prince and are in Prince's name, are the ones Dr.Schulenberg prescribed for him that Kirk picked up on 4-20-2016. All the other pills that were found in Paisley park remains unaccounted for ( Prince's name) or having been entered into the monitor program data base.

That means that if Kirk had other prescriptions with his name on it, and only one shows up for Dr. Schulenberg in the data base, Kirk had another doctor writing prescriptions for him that has nothing to do with this case.

The big take away was who was switching out the illicit pills into legitimate prescription bottles. Either one person was setting the other up to deflect and throw off the entire investigation, or, it was pre-arranged that way by both.

[Edited 11/12/17 11:48am]


Could Prince have been combining pills in bottles in order to make it easier to travel with the pills? Could he have swapped bottles so that guests did not become suspicious of his painkiller use?
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #367 posted 11/13/17 4:50am

laurarichardso
n

Menes said:

Bodhitheblackdog said:

The question/issue of how long Prince was injesting pain meds has caused more than one thread to be locked to the detriment of the truth. So sad...especially because it feeds DENIAL and conspiracy theories here on the Org..

And this information could fully round out the picture of 1) how much organ damage he had incurred, 2) his mental/emotional state including on-going depression (switch to black clothes) and thoughts of suicide (chocolate overdose? really?),3) the various places he had traveled to to either perform, visit friends or chill (T&C) cross-referenced with what illegal drugs were available in those locals and sold by whom? The focus on Minnie is ridiculously limited, IMO. The man was a world traveler, remember?

If, as is my belief, this had been going on for years...it clarifies the reality that he could and did access drugs anywhere in the world and therefore a certain 'trail' will never be uncovered.

What will (and probably has) been uncovered is the LARGE cast of enablers. One of whom dropped him off at Paisley Park that last night and said Goodbye, Bro...for what he KNEW was the last time.

The user knows how it always ends...and so did his best and most trusted friend. And he let him go for a reason...I happen to think it was out of love.

[Edited 11/12/17 16:04pm]

As in assisted suicide out of love? Or was it pity? He(kirk) doesn't appear to be very sad about too much. He is( and remains) the only one that had access to go back and check that night , open the door in the morning( had keys), dropped him off at Walgreens, and, he was the last to see him right before Prince stop responding at 8 pm. This is not murder people. He wouldve been tarred and feathered a long time ago.

He told the investigators everything about the percocets on the plane, the withdrawals, the hip pain, the prescriptions,the managers that would hook Prince up with other "doctors" while on tour. I could go on and on. He saw it, and as you said, he let him go for a reason.

Kirk also got caught lying to the investigators.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #368 posted 11/13/17 4:54am

laurarichardso
n

GoneCrazy2016 said:

Menes said:

That may be it.

I am still try to process why Tyka is not mentioned in the documents if she had some knowledge of him passing in the way that she mentions? It is clear that they were not aware of this "(3) year" business.

Why would she mention it now and not then? There is an ongoing investigation ( clearly investigators think a crime was committed) and I'm not sure how what she says plays into the whole thing. It is as if it eliminates any need for further investigation.

Thoughts anyone?

I 100% agree. It really sux that it seems the investigation has drifted to the wayside. What I do not understand is why his "good friend" KJ, would drop him off that night after visiting the pharmacy, knowing full well what condition he was in and leave him alone. Dr. Kornfeld was contacted and told it was a life or death emergency. So WHY would he leave him alone? I would never leave a friend of mine in that condition by themselves. It bothers me that he also had full access to Paisley Park, where all of the Fentanyl was found, and some taken, regardless of the availability of alternate medication that he was used to. I am surprised that I don't see anyone else asking why he was dropped off at the front door. AND why was he found in the elevator by the front door. It is not like he was going to drive himself if he was messed up, plus his garage was under PP, and I know that he had a landline. It does not add up that he would get dressed and go to the front instead of calling someone for help. Lastly, the coroner said he had his black hat on.soooo, he got out of bed, put his clothes on including a hat, took a ride in the elevator down to the front of Paisley Park? Something smells fishy.

This was discussed early on the board. Who gets dressed with clothes on backward when they are ill but takes the time to put a hat on? Why not just call an ambulance if he felt ill. Was he going to drive himself to the hospital?

Even more weird why did it take 45 minutes for Kirk to find him. He had to have known Prince was ill and late to meet with Andrew or if this was an intervention why not go up stairs to check on him.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #369 posted 11/13/17 9:20am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar



It was a statewide search of the Minnesota Registry and not for just Dr. S scripts.

They found only ONE controlled substance script for Kirk.

So there is no evidence Kirk was getting scripts for P elsewhere in Minnesota as it didnt show up in the database.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #370 posted 11/13/17 9:25am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

laurarichardson said:

Kirk also got caught lying to the investigators.

There is NOTHING in the search warrants that state Kirk was "caught lying to the investigators."

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #371 posted 11/13/17 9:30am

laurarichardso
n

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



It was a statewide search of the Minnesota Registry and not for just Dr. S scripts.

They found only ONE controlled substance script for Kirk.

So there is no evidence Kirk was getting scripts for P elsewhere in Minnesota as it didnt show up in the database.

The question is "Was it a state wise search for scripts under P's and Kirk's names. Did officials look under other associates names? If Doctor S admitted he wrote meds under assumed names to protect Prince's privacy could other doctors have done the same. Maybe in other states? I cannot imagine that the DEA or the local police would be able to go through enough names to find the numerous names that could have been used.

Even the Subxone had to come from somewhere and the Vitamin D pills. I suspect that all of this is in official reports that the media has not been able to get a hold of.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #372 posted 11/13/17 9:35am

laurarichardso
n

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

laurarichardson said:

There is NOTHING in the search warrants that state Kirk was "caught lying to the investigators."

They did not use the word lying but that said associates gave conflicting and inconsistent statements. Only two associates were on the scene. What do you think conflicting and inconsistent mean?

In addition, they did catch Kirk in a lie about the meds being prescribed to him. Something that was noted in the search warrants. Dr. S sent out a press release saying he wrote pain meds for Kirk not for Prince. Yet whose bottle did they find at the scene.

Who went out and employed an attorney that specializes in enabler cases?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #373 posted 11/13/17 9:41am

PennyPurple

avatar

My guess is he never took the hat off, he had that stocking cap on at Walgreen's, and if the truth is known probably the same clothes also.

laurarichardson said:

GoneCrazy2016 said:

Menes said: I 100% agree. It really sux that it seems the investigation has drifted to the wayside. What I do not understand is why his "good friend" KJ, would drop him off that night after visiting the pharmacy, knowing full well what condition he was in and leave him alone. Dr. Kornfeld was contacted and told it was a life or death emergency. So WHY would he leave him alone? I would never leave a friend of mine in that condition by themselves. It bothers me that he also had full access to Paisley Park, where all of the Fentanyl was found, and some taken, regardless of the availability of alternate medication that he was used to. I am surprised that I don't see anyone else asking why he was dropped off at the front door. AND why was he found in the elevator by the front door. It is not like he was going to drive himself if he was messed up, plus his garage was under PP, and I know that he had a landline. It does not add up that he would get dressed and go to the front instead of calling someone for help. Lastly, the coroner said he had his black hat on.soooo, he got out of bed, put his clothes on including a hat, took a ride in the elevator down to the front of Paisley Park? Something smells fishy.

This was discussed early on the board. Who gets dressed with clothes on backward when they are ill but takes the time to put a hat on? Why not just call an ambulance if he felt ill. Was he going to drive himself to the hospital?

Even more weird why did it take 45 minutes for Kirk to find him. He had to have known Prince was ill and late to meet with Andrew or if this was an intervention why not go up stairs to check on him.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #374 posted 11/13/17 10:57am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

Meron hired an attorney also.

Is is because she is a female that you consistently leave her out of the conversation?

They said both Meron and Kirk gave inconsistent statements.

So we are to believe from that statement in the search warrant that Kirk was lying?

Meron is more believable? Is that what you took away from the search warrants?

No one should ever go in for an interview with the police without an attorney.

Ever.

Especially African American males.

laurarichardson said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

There is NOTHING in the search warrants that state Kirk was "caught lying to the investigators."

They did not use the word lying but that said associates gave conflicting and inconsistent statements. Only two associates were on the scene. What do you think conflicting and inconsistent mean?

In addition, they did catch Kirk in a lie about the meds being prescribed to him. Something that was noted in the search warrants. Dr. S sent out a press release saying he wrote pain meds for Kirk not for Prince. Yet whose bottle did they find at the scene.

Who went out and employed an attorney that specializes in enabler cases?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #375 posted 11/13/17 11:30am

laurarichardso
n

Why are you bringing up Meron to get away from the fact the police are stating that associates gave conflicting and incosistent statements? The only two associates at the scence were Meron and Kirk and unfortunatly for Kirk the police name check him in the documents.

I am not letting Meron off the hook it is just that they did not say her name was on an Rx bottle.

I also find it odd not that Kirk obtained an attorney but the fact that his attorney specializes in enablers. An attorney that actually has a blog with his own take on providing legal advice to enablers or people who have been accused of enabling.

I have no idea who Meron's attorney was or still may be.

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

Meron hired an attorney also.

Is is because she is a female that you consistently leave her out of the conversation?

They said both Meron and Kirk gave inconsistent statements.

So we are to believe from that statement in the search warrant that Kirk was lying?

Meron is more believable? Is that what you took away from the search warrants?

No one should ever go in for an interview with the police without an attorney.

Ever.

Especially African American males.

laurarichardson said:

They did not use the word lying but that said associates gave conflicting and inconsistent statements. Only two associates were on the scene. What do you think conflicting and inconsistent mean?

In addition, they did catch Kirk in a lie about the meds being prescribed to him. Something that was noted in the search warrants. Dr. S sent out a press release saying he wrote pain meds for Kirk not for Prince. Yet whose bottle did they find at the scene.

Who went out and employed an attorney that specializes in enabler cases?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #376 posted 11/13/17 3:22pm

morningsong

avatar

Ok the 9th warrant was about getting a months detail on Kirk's phone. The 10th warrant states Kirk only had one prescription in his name written on 4/14/16 but he went to Walgreens to pick up prescription in his name on the 20th. They found prescription bottles in Kirk's name in Prince's belongs. Yet the warrant makes no conclusion about this contradiction. To me means a pretty sizeable hunk of information is missing. How did the Dr write prescriptions that didn't register?
“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #377 posted 11/13/17 3:45pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

morningsong said:

Ok the 9th warrant was about getting a months detail on Kirk's phone. The 10th warrant states Kirk only had one prescription in his name written on 4/14/16 but he went to Walgreens to pick up prescription in his name on the 20th. They found prescription bottles in Kirk's name in Prince's belongs. Yet the warrant makes no conclusion about this contradiction. To me means a pretty sizeable hunk of information is missing. How did the Dr write prescriptions that didn't register?

They were non-controlled scripts and they wouldnt show up on the Minnesota Registry.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #378 posted 11/13/17 4:44pm

Menes

When did Prince and 3rdeyegirl part ways/ performed last? Oct-Nov. 2015?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #379 posted 11/13/17 7:44pm

purplefam99

morningsong said:

Ok the 9th warrant was about getting a months detail on Kirk's phone. The 10th warrant states Kirk only had one prescription in his name written on 4/14/16 but he went to Walgreens to pick up prescription in his name on the 20th. They found prescription bottles in Kirk's name in Prince's belongs. Yet the warrant makes no conclusion about this contradiction. To me means a pretty sizeable hunk of information is missing. How did the Dr write prescriptions that didn't register?



Why would he put pills in vitamin bottles but not take the time to remove kirks name from the bottle or put the pills in another container, like all the rest.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #380 posted 11/13/17 8:24pm

purplerabbitho
le

I think we couild figure out more if we knew what year was on the prescription bottles under KJ's name which contained the illegal drugs. I have speculated that perhaps KJ in the past had been getting percocet etc for P under his name but (for the most part) stopped doing so when P's addiction got out of hand and Pjust had the bottles and reused them to put his internet=purchased pills in. Wouldn't it blow your mind if the bottles were from 2010. Maybe he ran out of vitamin B and aspirin bottles and just found old bottles laying around with a few percocets in them and tossed the pills he was trying to hide in them figuring that the worst people would assume would be that P was just reusing percocet from 11 years ago or that the pills were Kurt's and not his. . drug addicts trying to hide an addiction can do desperate things.

The reasons why I find it hard to believe that KJ would deliberately hide those illegal pills in bottles in his name are a.) the paper trail would lead to him and b.) I would think he would have tried to confiscate those before the cops arrived so the trail wouldn't lead directly to him.

purplefam99 said:

morningsong said:
Ok the 9th warrant was about getting a months detail on Kirk's phone. The 10th warrant states Kirk only had one prescription in his name written on 4/14/16 but he went to Walgreens to pick up prescription in his name on the 20th. They found prescription bottles in Kirk's name in Prince's belongs. Yet the warrant makes no conclusion about this contradiction. To me means a pretty sizeable hunk of information is missing. How did the Dr write prescriptions that didn't register?
Why would he put pills in vitamin bottles but not take the time to remove kirks name from the bottle or put the pills in another container, like all the rest.

[Edited 11/13/17 20:41pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #381 posted 11/14/17 4:04am

laurarichardso
n

According to Dr. S's press releas he wrote Rx's for pain meds for Kirk and I do not believe it was from years ago. This is something Kirk was not honest about with the police at all. The paper trail already has led to him.

http://people.com/music/prince-doctor-never-prescribed-opioids-false-name-lawyer-claims/

A lawyer for Dr. Michael Schulenberg says that despite what recently unsealed court documents claim, her client “never directly prescribed opioids to Prince, nor did he ever prescribe opioids to any other person with the intent that they would be given to Prince.”

The legendary musician, who died of an opioid overdose on April 21 of last year, was back in the headlines Monday after recently unsealed court documents provided more clues about the circumstances surrounding his death.

According to a search warrant application submitted in September of last year, the Minnesota physician admitted to a Carver County Sheriff’s detective “that he had prescribed Prince a prescription for oxycodone the same day as the emergency plane landing but put the prescription in Kirk Johnson’s name for Prince’s privacy.”

Johnson is a close confidante and aide who started working for Prince in the ’80s. The emergency landing happened a week before Prince’s death, when his private plane was diverted to Moline, Illinois, after the singer was “unresponsive,” and emergency crews reportedly administered a Narcan “save shot” to the singer.

Amy Conners, a lawyer for Schulenberg, issued a statement on behalf of the doctor that was obtained by PEOPLE.

“Dr. Schulenberg has been and remains committed to providing full transparency regarding his practice as it relates to the Prince investigation. Dr. Schulenberg has previously disclosed all information regarding his care and treatment of Prince to his former employer, law enforcement authorities and regulatory authorities in the course of his complete cooperation with the investigation of Prince’s death. There are no restrictions on Dr. Schulenberg’s medical license, and contrary to headlines and media reports published in the wake of [Monday]’s unsealing of search warrants relating to the investigation, Dr. Schulenberg never directly prescribed opioids to Prince, nor did he ever prescribe opioids to any other person with the intent that they would be given to Prince.”

Additional unsealed court documents claim Johnson was known to contact Schulenberg regarding “hip pain.”

“Dr. Schulenberg met with Prince and prescribed him Clonidine, Hydroxyzine Pamoate and Diazepam. On 4/20/2016, Johnson went to Walgreen’s in Minnetonka … and picked up Prince’s prescription medication. Johnson told Investigators this was the first time he had ever done something like that for Prince,” one document states.

Johnson said he was unaware the singer was addicted to pain medication, according to the documents. Witnesses, however, told authorities that Prince had recently been going through withdrawals from pain medication.

purplerabbithole said:

I think we couild figure out more if we knew what year was on the prescription bottles under KJ's name which contained the illegal drugs. I have speculated that perhaps KJ in the past had been getting percocet etc for P under his name but (for the most part) stopped doing so when P's addiction got out of hand and Pjust had the bottles and reused them to put his internet=purchased pills in. Wouldn't it blow your mind if the bottles were from 2010. Maybe he ran out of vitamin B and aspirin bottles and just found old bottles laying around with a few percocets in them and tossed the pills he was trying to hide in them figuring that the worst people would assume would be that P was just reusing percocet from 11 years ago or that the pills were Kurt's and not his. . drug addicts trying to hide an addiction can do desperate things.

The reasons why I find it hard to believe that KJ would deliberately hide those illegal pills in bottles in his name are a.) the paper trail would lead to him and b.) I would think he would have tried to confiscate those before the cops arrived so the trail wouldn't lead directly to him.

purplefam99 said:

morningsong said: Why would he put pills in vitamin bottles but not take the time to remove kirks name from the bottle or put the pills in another container, like all the rest.

[Edited 11/13/17 20:41pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #382 posted 11/14/17 4:25am

laurarichardso
n

Menes said:

Bodhitheblackdog said:

Thanks and blessings, Menes.

Welcome to all.

Did anyone notice that there were six (6) people that morning when the officer arrived? I count Andrew, Merue, Kirk and Dr. Schulenberg. Judith was already in California, I believe. How far does Tyka live from Prince? Why wasn't she contacted at any time that morning?

Two EMT's were on the scence making a total of six. I believe Tyka lives in Minneapolis and I am sure arrived later. No evidence that she was close by at the time of his death.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #383 posted 11/14/17 8:35am

morningsong

avatar

purplefam99 said:

morningsong said:

Ok the 9th warrant was about getting a months detail on Kirk's phone. The 10th warrant states Kirk only had one prescription in his name written on 4/14/16 but he went to Walgreens to pick up prescription in his name on the 20th. They found prescription bottles in Kirk's name in Prince's belongs. Yet the warrant makes no conclusion about this contradiction. To me means a pretty sizeable hunk of information is missing. How did the Dr write prescriptions that didn't register?



Why would he put pills in vitamin bottles but not take the time to remove kirks name from the bottle or put the pills in ôhjanother container, like all the rest.

I get the mixing of pills in a single bottle especially the one you travel with maybe so Kirk would see it and see he was trying. I wonder if the bottle with the 15 853s were the ones prescribed for Kirk on the 14th no description of the bottle was given. I still can't shake the possibility of a error on the 1st warrant, there's an uncorrected error on his bdate on the 10th warrant as was in the 1st warrant but was corrected. I highly doubt Dr. S prescribed 100+ 853s.
“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #384 posted 11/14/17 12:15pm

purplefam99

morningsong said:

purplefam99 said:
Why would he put pills in vitamin bottles but not take the time to remove kirks name from the bottle or put the pills in ôhjanother container, like all the rest.
I get the mixing of pills in a single bottle especially the one you travel with maybe so Kirk would see it and see he was trying. I wonder if the bottle with the 15 853s were the ones prescribed for Kirk on the 14th no description of the bottle was given. I still can't shake the possibility of a error on the 1st warrant, there's an uncorrected error on his bdate on the 10th warrant as was in the 1st warrant but was corrected. I highly doubt Dr. S prescribed 100+ 853s.

ok thanks

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #385 posted 11/14/17 12:16pm

purplefam99

laurarichardson said:

According to Dr. S's press releas he wrote Rx's for pain meds for Kirk and I do not believe it was from years ago. This is something Kirk was not honest about with the police at all. The paper trail already has led to him.

http://people.com/music/prince-doctor-never-prescribed-opioids-false-name-lawyer-claims/

A lawyer for Dr. Michael Schulenberg says that despite what recently unsealed court documents claim, her client “never directly prescribed opioids to Prince, nor did he ever prescribe opioids to any other person with the intent that they would be given to Prince.”

The legendary musician, who died of an opioid overdose on April 21 of last year, was back in the headlines Monday after recently unsealed court documents provided more clues about the circumstances surrounding his death.

According to a search warrant application submitted in September of last year, the Minnesota physician admitted to a Carver County Sheriff’s detective “that he had prescribed Prince a prescription for oxycodone the same day as the emergency plane landing but put the prescription in Kirk Johnson’s name for Prince’s privacy.”

Johnson is a close confidante and aide who started working for Prince in the ’80s. The emergency landing happened a week before Prince’s death, when his private plane was diverted to Moline, Illinois, after the singer was “unresponsive,” and emergency crews reportedly administered a Narcan “save shot” to the singer.

Amy Conners, a lawyer for Schulenberg, issued a statement on behalf of the doctor that was obtained by PEOPLE.

“Dr. Schulenberg has been and remains committed to providing full transparency regarding his practice as it relates to the Prince investigation. Dr. Schulenberg has previously disclosed all information regarding his care and treatment of Prince to his former employer, law enforcement authorities and regulatory authorities in the course of his complete cooperation with the investigation of Prince’s death. There are no restrictions on Dr. Schulenberg’s medical license, and contrary to headlines and media reports published in the wake of [Monday]’s unsealing of search warrants relating to the investigation, Dr. Schulenberg never directly prescribed opioids to Prince, nor did he ever prescribe opioids to any other person with the intent that they would be given to Prince.”

Additional unsealed court documents claim Johnson was known to contact Schulenberg regarding “hip pain.”

“Dr. Schulenberg met with Prince and prescribed him Clonidine, Hydroxyzine Pamoate and Diazepam. On 4/20/2016, Johnson went to Walgreen’s in Minnetonka … and picked up Prince’s prescription medication. Johnson told Investigators this was the first time he had ever done something like that for Prince,” one document states.

Johnson said he was unaware the singer was addicted to pain medication, according to the documents. Witnesses, however, told authorities that Prince had recently been going through withdrawals from pain medication.

purplerabbithole said:

I think we couild figure out more if we knew what year was on the prescription bottles under KJ's name which contained the illegal drugs. I have speculated that perhaps KJ in the past had been getting percocet etc for P under his name but (for the most part) stopped doing so when P's addiction got out of hand and Pjust had the bottles and reused them to put his internet=purchased pills in. Wouldn't it blow your mind if the bottles were from 2010. Maybe he ran out of vitamin B and aspirin bottles and just found old bottles laying around with a few percocets in them and tossed the pills he was trying to hide in them figuring that the worst people would assume would be that P was just reusing percocet from 11 years ago or that the pills were Kurt's and not his. . drug addicts trying to hide an addiction can do desperate things.

The reasons why I find it hard to believe that KJ would deliberately hide those illegal pills in bottles in his name are a.) the paper trail would lead to him and b.) I would think he would have tried to confiscate those before the cops arrived so the trail wouldn't lead directly to him.

[Edited 11/13/17 20:41pm]

thanks LR and Rabbit

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #386 posted 11/14/17 1:54pm

laurarichardso
n

Menes said:



Bodhitheblackdog said:




Menes said:



I don't think the warrants indicate that they were thrown around "helter skelter". What is clear is that there were placed in places Prince would frequently visit and concealed in containers that looked like vitamin /prescription bottles. Easy to find, easy to identify, easy to disguise.



Good clarification, what I meant to convey was he was apparently taking so much different stuff of varying legitimacy...how could anyone keep it straight? Do you think when you're impaired, you can look in your "Vitamin bottle" (probably in low light) and automatically recognize the strength/legitimacy of what you procurred illegally? Serious question...



I agree with that assessment. Further, as you pointed out in an earlier post, he would not have wanted Judith to see him having an "episode " which may indicate how unreliable taking so many different things can be.

I will say this... As unreliable of a method as it may have been, when you self administer that much stuff over a period of time, there is but one glaring risk that the user understands. . He didn't start doing this on the day of the plane ride.


We know Dr.told Dr. S told some law enforcement official he wrote Rxs for pain meds for Kirk and the bottle was in Prince’s belongings. So not all self administered and I will never believe he just started using other people’s names in the begining of April.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #387 posted 11/14/17 2:53pm

Bodhitheblackd
og

[Edited 11/14/17 14:55pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #388 posted 11/14/17 2:53pm

Bodhitheblackd
og

I have never understood how/why people who believe in the eternal, loving embrace of their God can be so horrified by death…especially in the face of pain, disease and all other kinds of suffering.

Would it have been better to read of Prince in diapers, hooked up to an IV morphine drip in hospice care? Do you enjoy imagining him in group therapy at Betty Ford talking about why he liked “to watch?’, why he wrote “Slave" on his face?, holding a mirror and talking about how much he misses Denise? Why aren’t 41 studio albums give or take a few, three movies, countless videos and 1000 crystal clear boots, etc. enough? Did you prefer that he collapse and die on stage?

I am at peace with the thought of him eternally in the loving arms of the God he believed in. I celebrate the fact that he never let de-elevator bring him down. I am glad he is no longer in pain or discomfort of any kind.

Prince was born and raised in a ‘going home’ tradition where only good and beautiful things await those who believe, once they can lay their weary burdens down and leave their suffering bodies behind.

He’s not ‘gone’, he’s in another world, space and joy.

Go to his music, feel that joy, the genius, feel Lovesexy, understand you can be with him like that for every day remaining in your own life. Give thanks to whatever you believe in for Prince…and then dance on and be happy for him and let him Rest in Peace.

[Edited 11/14/17 14:57pm]

[Edited 11/14/17 16:10pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #389 posted 11/14/17 3:33pm

morningsong

avatar

It would be nice if some people followed their own advice but they don't.


Who are you again?



“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 13 of 19 « First<91011121314151617>Last »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Search warrants (facts and tidbits).