independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 22nd Sep 2017 12:52am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Discuss The Sharon Nelson Q&A Thread Here - And Only Here
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 5 of 9 <123456789>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #120 posted 08/17/17 1:24pm

laurarichardso
n

MMJas said:

Well, from Part Two I got the impression she is as much shocked and in need of answers regarding his death as we are...


--Charles Smith his cousin has voiced similar concerns via his social media. I think the family is frustrated with investigation just like the fans.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #121 posted 08/17/17 1:30pm

purplefam99

benni said:

purplefam99 said:

and she said he was quiet. i don't think he SPOKE these things at all ever, i do think he FELT them.

if he didn't then he surley wasn't human or of this world.


Why would you want to think he felt them? Not everyone lives with regret in their lives. Not everyone looks back and clings to past loves. I have no regrets in my life, but one, and that is that I haven't written the great American novel yet - but there is still time. I have no regrets about my past relationships, about how they worked out. I don't pine away over my long lost love, though I will admit that I did in my youth, but with maturity comes understanding and a release of such things. And I can assure you, I am definitely human and definitely of this world.

Don't try to place Prince in some box that you can identify with, because he won't fit in that box. Just appreciate who he was and what he gave the world. His past relationships are over and done with and there will be no more relationships. And, as I said before, I would hate to imagine him pining away after a long lost love, because that hurts like crazy, and I don't want to imagine him hurting.

we are human and looking back is a component of that as natural as breathing. you say you don't, then admit

to doing it, having regrets. i'm not saying he sat around all day long having them, i don't think that

but i do believe he did have moments of reflection. i don't think he spoke of them often cause i don't feel he was verbal like that often, but i think on occasion he probably could be. he pined in the best possible way through creavtive energy, but i think SOME of that was pining away. i liked it cause it touched me. i don't

think all those gut wrenching songs came from a blank slate of a man, making it all up. i think

that was him dwelling on his life, pain and stresses and made it into art, music, song. a very basic example of him looking back would be his WB contract, he looked back and said hey i regret i signed those papers giving the rights of my music away, i am gonna spend the next period here

dwelling on this issue until they set me free.

i don't want my words to come to you as an attempt to diminish your pain and grief, that is not

my intent.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #122 posted 08/17/17 2:15pm

dippydippywave
ofmydo

avatar

"There will be an exhibition in October at the O2 arena, it’s quite possible the books may be available"

Anyone have any information about this???
The Sampler Set is great!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #123 posted 08/17/17 2:16pm

poppys

kingricefan said:

Well, Sharon answered my question about her favorite memory of Prince as a child so I'm a happy camper! She gave her opinion on who was Prince's love of his life and I tend to agree with her. This part of the questionaire seems to be more upbeat and in a happier tone than the 1st part. I think she's not very happy with WB at this time either. I hope that she and the rest of the family will be able to make some headway with what is going to be released in the near future. I am saddened that Prince's passing shocked her (and other family members) as it did the rest of us. I assumed after Tyka's statements ('I've known for 2 years') that the other members of the family knew something was up with his health. It is very touching that Sharon said that it's still hard for her to see grieving fans. I'm happy that she says that Prince knew how much he was loved by us all! Thank you Sharon for answering my question and giving me another little glance at the man who is such a huge part of my life and soul!!!!

That was a good question and I loved the answer!

Kick the old-school joints. For the true funk soldiers.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #124 posted 08/17/17 2:39pm

kingricefan

Thank you! I had a million questions but most of them were already asked and I didn't want to repeat what others had posted. I'm very glad that she took/is taking the time to answer what the fans have asked. Her answer to my question sheds even more light on how generous Prince was even at such a young age. She thought he'd be partying or lounging around doing nothing when she wasn't there and here he was helping fledgling musicians get their grooves on!

poppys said:

kingricefan said:

Well, Sharon answered my question about her favorite memory of Prince as a child so I'm a happy camper! She gave her opinion on who was Prince's love of his life and I tend to agree with her. This part of the questionaire seems to be more upbeat and in a happier tone than the 1st part. I think she's not very happy with WB at this time either. I hope that she and the rest of the family will be able to make some headway with what is going to be released in the near future. I am saddened that Prince's passing shocked her (and other family members) as it did the rest of us. I assumed after Tyka's statements ('I've known for 2 years') that the other members of the family knew something was up with his health. It is very touching that Sharon said that it's still hard for her to see grieving fans. I'm happy that she says that Prince knew how much he was loved by us all! Thank you Sharon for answering my question and giving me another little glance at the man who is such a huge part of my life and soul!!!!

That was a good question and I loved the answer!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #125 posted 08/17/17 3:07pm

benni

purplefam99 said:

benni said:


Why would you want to think he felt them? Not everyone lives with regret in their lives. Not everyone looks back and clings to past loves. I have no regrets in my life, but one, and that is that I haven't written the great American novel yet - but there is still time. I have no regrets about my past relationships, about how they worked out. I don't pine away over my long lost love, though I will admit that I did in my youth, but with maturity comes understanding and a release of such things. And I can assure you, I am definitely human and definitely of this world.

Don't try to place Prince in some box that you can identify with, because he won't fit in that box. Just appreciate who he was and what he gave the world. His past relationships are over and done with and there will be no more relationships. And, as I said before, I would hate to imagine him pining away after a long lost love, because that hurts like crazy, and I don't want to imagine him hurting.

we are human and looking back is a component of that as natural as breathing. you say you don't, then admit

to doing it, having regrets. i'm not saying he sat around all day long having them, i don't think that

but i do believe he did have moments of reflection. i don't think he spoke of them often cause i don't feel he was verbal like that often, but i think on occasion he probably could be. he pined in the best possible way through creavtive energy, but i think SOME of that was pining away. i liked it cause it touched me. i don't

think all those gut wrenching songs came from a blank slate of a man, making it all up. i think

that was him dwelling on his life, pain and stresses and made it into art, music, song. a very basic example of him looking back would be his WB contract, he looked back and said hey i regret i signed those papers giving the rights of my music away, i am gonna spend the next period here

dwelling on this issue until they set me free.

i don't want my words to come to you as an attempt to diminish your pain and grief, that is not

my intent.


lol - my saying my one regret was not writing the great American novel was just me being facetious, an attempt at a joke, as it were. I have no regrets in my life. Everything that has happened in my life has brought me to where I am right now, and I am very happy with this space and time.

Yes, it is natural to look back and reflect, but that does not indicate "pining" and I have not heard any music from Prince that would indicate that he was "pining away" for someone. Yes, creative people tend to draw from their own lives, or the lives of those around them. However, as she said regarding "Sister" Prince had a very active imagination and could put that out there in song, too.

And how would your words diminish my pain and grief? And what pain and grief are you talking about? No where in my post did I even say anything about pain or grief. eek

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #126 posted 08/17/17 3:15pm

dance4me3121

Someone mentioned that the Twitter pic of Prince with tear dripping from his eye was posted the day he passed but I seem to remember that Twitter pic being his avatar pic for about a month.am I right on this?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #127 posted 08/17/17 3:23pm

Purplebflogirl

luvgirl said:



Purplebflogirl said:


In Part2 she answered a question that I think we all knew the answer to..In her opinion Denise was the love of his life.I believed that forever..She left him,he chose wives that looked similar to her..He stayed in contact with her.. Something he did not do normally with his exes.They are together in Heaven.


Thank you for asking the question Purplebflogirl. I asked her about the Vanity 6 album and she didn't reply, but I liked your question much better than mine. You went straight for the kill. biggrin Her answer that Denise was the love of his life was very interesting since many people suspect that as well. I wonder what led her to have such an opinion? Something had to...

[Edited 8/17/17 6:32am]


smile.
Until the end of time
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #128 posted 08/17/17 3:23pm

purplefam99

benni said:



purplefam99 said:




benni said:




Why would you want to think he felt them? Not everyone lives with regret in their lives. Not everyone looks back and clings to past loves. I have no regrets in my life, but one, and that is that I haven't written the great American novel yet - but there is still time. I have no regrets about my past relationships, about how they worked out. I don't pine away over my long lost love, though I will admit that I did in my youth, but with maturity comes understanding and a release of such things. And I can assure you, I am definitely human and definitely of this world.

Don't try to place Prince in some box that you can identify with, because he won't fit in that box. Just appreciate who he was and what he gave the world. His past relationships are over and done with and there will be no more relationships. And, as I said before, I would hate to imagine him pining away after a long lost love, because that hurts like crazy, and I don't want to imagine him hurting.



we are human and looking back is a component of that as natural as breathing. you say you don't, then admit


to doing it, having regrets. i'm not saying he sat around all day long having them, i don't think that


but i do believe he did have moments of reflection. i don't think he spoke of them often cause i don't feel he was verbal like that often, but i think on occasion he probably could be. he pined in the best possible way through creavtive energy, but i think SOME of that was pining away. i liked it cause it touched me. i don't


think all those gut wrenching songs came from a blank slate of a man, making it all up. i think


that was him dwelling on his life, pain and stresses and made it into art, music, song. a very basic example of him looking back would be his WB contract, he looked back and said hey i regret i signed those papers giving the rights of my music away, i am gonna spend the next period here


dwelling on this issue until they set me free.


i don't want my words to come to you as an attempt to diminish your pain and grief, that is not


my intent.




lol - my saying my one regret was not writing the great American novel was just me being facetious, an attempt at a joke, as it were. I have no regrets in my life. Everything that has happened in my life has brought me to where I am right now, and I am very happy with this space and time.

Yes, it is natural to look back and reflect, but that does not indicate "pining" and I have not heard any music from Prince that would indicate that he was "pining away" for someone. Yes, creative people tend to draw from their own lives, or the lives of those around them. However, as she said regarding "Sister" Prince had a very active imagination and could put that out there in song, too.

And how would your words diminish my pain and grief? And what pain and grief are you talking about? No where in my post did I even say anything about pain or grief. eek



Ok, best!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #129 posted 08/17/17 3:30pm

benni

dance4me3121 said:

Someone mentioned that the Twitter pic of Prince with tear dripping from his eye was posted the day he passed but I seem to remember that Twitter pic being his avatar pic for about a month.am I right on this?


I was thinking it went up when he cancelled the Atlanta shows on the 7th, because people were commenting on it at that time. Also, I read an article about the caretaker of the Fox Theater passing away on the 7th of April, and had thought the tear was for that.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #130 posted 08/17/17 3:41pm

Lovejunky

avatar

Q: What is your ideal scenario for continuing his legacy?

A: Having us heirs controlling the estate through management we develop, this would allow us to bring out his new music on a platform that is similar to the NPG Music Club or a indie label that is run by us, owning our own business.

This would mean no limitations, nobody trying to control what we can and cannot do, thus allowing us to give the fans what they want, generate income, support charities, and not continue to waste money on all the ongoing frivolous litigation.

yes

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
http://prince.org/msg/15/445991
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #131 posted 08/17/17 5:26pm

NotACleverName

avatar

benni said:


Purplebflogirl said: In Part2 she answered a question that I think we all knew the answer to..In her opinion Denise was the love of his life.I believed that forever..She left him,he chose wives that looked similar to her..He stayed in contact with her.. Something he did not do normally with his exes.They are together in Heaven.

Umm, no, we all didn't know the answer to that. And again, it was her "opinion" which doesn't mean it was fact. Too often people confuse opinion with fact. I accept that her opinion was Denise was the love of his life, but the only one that can truly answer that is Prince, himself. I don't have an opinion on who the love of his life was, because it really doesn't matter. That part of his life was his private joy and really isn't our business. It doesn't matter who the love of his life was, because he lived his life his way and ultimately he wasn't with any of them at the end; ex-wives nor ex-girlfriends. And personally, I don't want to imagine Prince as someone who spent his life pining away over a woman. That is a painful experience and I don't wish that on him (or anyone for that matter).


I agree, benni. You have echoed my thoughts regarding this "opinion". I suspect if we were to ask other family members of Prince the answer to this question, we would be presented with differing opinions. Just like the many opposing opinions of org members! However, as you mentioned, Prince is the only person who can provide "the answer to the question of who".

"Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence......." ~ DESIDERATA ~ Max Ehrmann
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #132 posted 08/17/17 5:31pm

luvsexy4all

Lovejunky said:

Q: What is your ideal scenario for continuing his legacy?

A: Having us heirs controlling the estate through management we develop, this would allow us to bring out his new music on a platform that is similar to the NPG Music Club or a indie label that is run by us, owning our own business.

This would mean no limitations, nobody trying to control what we can and cannot do, thus allowing us to give the fans what they want, generate income, support charities, and not continue to waste money on all the ongoing frivolous litigation.

yes

magnificent answer !!!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #133 posted 08/17/17 5:34pm

206Michelle

luvgirl said:



Purplebflogirl said:


In Part2 she answered a question that I think we all knew the answer to..In her opinion Denise was the love of his life.I believed that forever..She left him,he chose wives that looked similar to her..He stayed in contact with her.. Something he did not do normally with his exes.They are together in Heaven.


Thank you for asking the question Purplebflogirl. I asked her about the Vanity 6 album and she didn't reply, but I liked your question much better than mine. You went straight for the kill. biggrin Her answer that Denise was the love of his life was very interesting since many people suspect that as well. I wonder what led her to have such an opinion? Something had to...

[Edited 8/17/17 6:32am]


I'm totally being a newsy fan when I say this, but I would love for Sharon to further elaborate on her comment regarding Denise, particularly if he was still in love with her after the divorce from Mani and in the last years of his life. I know that he loved Denise greatly. Some fans believe he never got over Denise and some believe that he moved on from her. His music indicates that he dearly loved Mayte and then Mani. But I wonder, Did his feelings for Denise resurface after the second divorce?
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #134 posted 08/17/17 5:43pm

Lovejunky

avatar

luvsexy4all said:

Lovejunky said:

Q: What is your ideal scenario for continuing his legacy?

A: Having us heirs controlling the estate through management we develop, this would allow us to bring out his new music on a platform that is similar to the NPG Music Club or a indie label that is run by us, owning our own business.

This would mean no limitations, nobody trying to control what we can and cannot do, thus allowing us to give the fans what they want, generate income, support charities, and not continue to waste money on all the ongoing frivolous litigation.

yes

magnificent answer !!!

Yep...SHows REAL INTELLIGENCE...

That was the best answer of the entire Q and A Session in my opinion...

apart from her saying that The Family Always knew he had something special from the time he was a little kid,

(In response to a question about whether his persona and Mysterious image was Cultivated)

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
http://prince.org/msg/15/445991
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #135 posted 08/17/17 5:44pm

206Michelle

SchlomoThaHomo said:

She made a point to draw a line between the heirs and the estate, divulging that they had no say in regards to estate matters. I found this confusing. I thought the heirs WERE the estate. And who is the estate if not the heirs, why do the heirs have no say, who is/are making the current estate decisions, and who authorized whomever is making the current decisions to do so? Why is the family asking fans what they would like to see released if they have no say in what gets released?

She also said to not hold our breath in regards to remasters but didn't elaborate. These seem like the easiest and most obvious choices for posthumous releases, but she implied otherwise. So what's the problem?


I was wondering about the relationship between the heirs and the Estate as well. Based on my limited time understanding of probate law, an Estate usually has an executor. For the estate of a wealthy person, there may be an administrator. Of course, different states have different laws. Comerica, and previously Bremer, have been the administrators of the PRN Estate, as we know. I thought that the heirs (siblings) had a lot of input into what happens, but it sounds like they have less input than I thought.
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #136 posted 08/17/17 5:58pm

206Michelle

laurarichardson said:

MMJas said:

Well, from Part Two I got the impression she is as much shocked and in need of answers regarding his death as we are...


--Charles Smith his cousin has voiced similar concerns via his social media. I think the family is frustrated with investigation just like the fans.

I agree Laura. However, Sharon says his death shocked her while Tyka has said or suggested that she knew his death was coming/his death was not a shock to her. II don't quite know what to make of the difference of opinion between Sharon and Tyka. I have no reason to doubt either of their opinions about how expected/unexpected his death was. I think they are giving their honest opinions. I just wonder if the difference of opinion has to do with Tyka being closer to Prince (emotionally and geographically) or something else?
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #137 posted 08/17/17 6:03pm

206Michelle

Lovejunky said:


Q: What is your ideal scenario for continuing his legacy?



A: Having us heirs controlling the estate through management we develop, this would allow us to bring out his new music on a platform that is similar to the NPG Music Club or a indie label that is run by us, owning our own business.


This would mean no limitations, nobody trying to control what we can and cannot do, thus allowing us to give the fans what they want, generate income, support charities, and not continue to waste money on all the ongoing frivolous litigation.






yes


I second that yes, Lovejunky!
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #138 posted 08/17/17 6:17pm

Lovejunky

avatar

206Michelle said:

laurarichardson said:
--Charles Smith his cousin has voiced similar concerns via his social media. I think the family is frustrated with investigation just like the fans.
I agree Laura. However, Sharon says his death shocked her while Tyka has said or suggested that she knew his death was coming/his death was not a shock to her. II don't quite know what to make of the difference of opinion between Sharon and Tyka. I have no reason to doubt either of their opinions about how expected/unexpected his death was. I think they are giving their honest opinions. I just wonder if the difference of opinion has to do with Tyka being closer to Prince (emotionally and geographically) or something else?

I know you didnt address me, but Im going to say yes..

If its true that Tyka knew something that Sharon didnt.

.its most definately because Tyka was around a LOT more than Sharon...

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
http://prince.org/msg/15/445991
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #139 posted 08/17/17 6:28pm

laurarichardso
n

206Michelle said:

laurarichardson said:


--Charles Smith his cousin has voiced similar concerns via his social media. I think the family is frustrated with investigation just like the fans.

I agree Laura. However, Sharon says his death shocked her while Tyka has said or suggested that she knew his death was coming/his death was not a shock to her. II don't quite know what to make of the difference of opinion between Sharon and Tyka. I have no reason to doubt either of their opinions about how expected/unexpected his death was. I think they are giving their honest opinions. I just wonder if the difference of opinion has to do with Tyka being closer to Prince (emotionally and geographically) or something else?

--Sharon lived in New York so she just may not have known what was going on. I think Tyka knows quiet a bit more than she has said and with time we will find out more.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #140 posted 08/17/17 6:30pm

laurarichardso
n

206Michelle said:

SchlomoThaHomo said:

She made a point to draw a line between the heirs and the estate, divulging that they had no say in regards to estate matters. I found this confusing. I thought the heirs WERE the estate. And who is the estate if not the heirs, why do the heirs have no say, who is/are making the current estate decisions, and who authorized whomever is making the current decisions to do so? Why is the family asking fans what they would like to see released if they have no say in what gets released?

She also said to not hold our breath in regards to remasters but didn't elaborate. These seem like the easiest and most obvious choices for posthumous releases, but she implied otherwise. So what's the problem?


I was wondering about the relationship between the heirs and the Estate as well. Based on my limited time understanding of probate law, an Estate usually has an executor. For the estate of a wealthy person, there may be an administrator. Of course, different states have different laws. Comerica, and previously Bremer, have been the administrators of the PRN Estate, as we know. I thought that the heirs (siblings) had a lot of input into what happens, but it sounds like they have less input than I thought.

-Once the probate is done the subs will inherit which they have not been able to do yet. Once they inherit it appears they want to use the business structure that is in place to continue on independently which seems like a great idea.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #141 posted 08/17/17 6:32pm

laurarichardso
n

206Michelle said:

luvgirl said:



Purplebflogirl said:


In Part2 she answered a question that I think we all knew the answer to..In her opinion Denise was the love of his life.I believed that forever..She left him,he chose wives that looked similar to her..He stayed in contact with her.. Something he did not do normally with his exes.They are together in Heaven.


Thank you for asking the question Purplebflogirl. I asked her about the Vanity 6 album and she didn't reply, but I liked your question much better than mine. You went straight for the kill. biggrin Her answer that Denise was the love of his life was very interesting since many people suspect that as well. I wonder what led her to have such an opinion? Something had to...

[Edited 8/17/17 6:32am]


I'm totally being a newsy fan when I say this, but I would love for Sharon to further elaborate on her comment regarding Denise, particularly if he was still in love with her after the divorce from Mani and in the last years of his life. I know that he loved Denise greatly. Some fans believe he never got over Denise and some believe that he moved on from her. His music indicates that he dearly loved Mayte and then Mani. But I wonder, Did his feelings for Denise resurface after the second divorce?

--According to Vanity's brother in law they two of them stayed in touch until 2012 with letters and e-mails.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #142 posted 08/17/17 7:03pm

206Michelle

laurarichardson said:

206Michelle said:


I agree Laura. However, Sharon says his death shocked her while Tyka has said or suggested that she knew his death was coming/his death was not a shock to her. II don't quite know what to make of the difference of opinion between Sharon and Tyka. I have no reason to doubt either of their opinions about how expected/unexpected his death was. I think they are giving their honest opinions. I just wonder if the difference of opinion has to do with Tyka being closer to Prince (emotionally and geographically) or something else?

--Sharon lived in New York so she just may not have known what was going on. I think Tyka knows quiet a bit more than she has said and with time we will find out more.

yes I feel the same way.
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #143 posted 08/17/17 8:35pm

Purplebflogirl

purplefam99 said:

luvgirl said:



Purplebflogirl said:


In Part2 she answered a question that I think we all knew the answer to..In her opinion Denise was the love of his life.I believed that forever..She left him,he chose wives that looked similar to her..He stayed in contact with her.. Something he did not do normally with his exes.They are together in Heaven.


Thank you for asking the question Purplebflogirl. I asked her about the Vanity 6 album and she didn't reply, but I liked your question much better than mine. You went straight for the kill. biggrin Her answer that Denise was the love of his life was very interesting since many people suspect that as well. I wonder what led her to have such an opinion? Something had to...

[Edited 8/17/17 6:32am]



I think no matter what good or bad family knows you best, even if your at odds with family they are the people who know your good and bad the best. They likely experienced our good and bad. They are the ones with access. Access counts or else we wouldn't have tuned in for her answers. Best.

My thoughts exactly
Until the end of time
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #144 posted 08/17/17 8:52pm

Purplebflogirl

laurarichardson said:

206Michelle said:


I'm totally being a newsy fan when I say this, but I would love for Sharon to further elaborate on her comment regarding Denise, particularly if he was still in love with her after the divorce from Mani and in the last years of his life. I know that he loved Denise greatly. Some fans believe he never got over Denise and some believe that he moved on from her. His music indicates that he dearly loved Mayte and then Mani. But I wonder, Did his feelings for Denise resurface after the second divorce?

--According to Vanity's brother in law they two of them stayed in touch until 2012 with letters and e-mails.

What I don't understand is...Why is it so hard for some people to believe Denise was the love of his life? Even M1 mentioned in her book that he told herwhen Denise decided not to be in PR he was devastated.He did not keep in touch with his ex wives..He may of realized it would not work in this lifetime with Denise..But he cared enough about her to keep in touch with her..And when she died he was quite upset as per the thousands who witnessed his concert that night.I don't think he lived a miserable life,crying daily when they broke up but obviously he loved her very much.
[Edited 8/17/17 20:55pm]
Until the end of time
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #145 posted 08/17/17 9:07pm

ChanGirl

Everyone has had a true love, and Denise was his. It's obvious, really. Denise was close in age, similar backgrounds. Both driven but unfortunately too much alike so it couldn't work. She had conditions Prince just couldn't meet, especially after her conversion. According to Toban, over time Prince tried to reconcile with her more than once but she refused to be anything more than friends. No one came close to being on the same level as Prince like she was, sad to say.

You know Prince wasn't no damn drug addict !
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #146 posted 08/17/17 9:27pm

Purplebflogirl

ChanGirl said:

Everyone has had a true love, and Denise was his. It's obvious, really. Denise was close in age, similar backgrounds. Both driven but unfortunately too much alike so it couldn't work. She had conditions Prince just couldn't meet, especially after her conversion. According to Toban, over time Prince tried to reconcile with her more than once but she refused to be anything more than friends. No one came close to being on the same level as Prince like she was, sad to say.


I agree
Until the end of time
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #147 posted 08/17/17 9:33pm

purplefam99

Purplebflogirl said:

ChanGirl said:

Everyone has had a true love, and Denise was his. It's obvious, really. Denise was close in age, similar backgrounds. Both driven but unfortunately too much alike so it couldn't work. She had conditions Prince just couldn't meet, especially after her conversion. According to Toban, over time Prince tried to reconcile with her more than once but she refused to be anything more than friends. No one came close to being on the same level as Prince like she was, sad to say.


I agree


I agree as well, I think he had some lifemates but I think she may have
Been his soulmate.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #148 posted 08/17/17 11:12pm

Vashtix

206Michelle said:

luvgirl said:

Thank you for asking the question Purplebflogirl. I asked her about the Vanity 6 album and she didn't reply, but I liked your question much better than mine. You went straight for the kill. biggrin Her answer that Denise was the love of his life was very interesting since many people suspect that as well. I wonder what led her to have such an opinion? Something had to...

[Edited 8/17/17 6:32am]

I'm totally being a newsy fan when I say this, but I would love for Sharon to further elaborate on her comment regarding Denise, particularly if he was still in love with her after the divorce from Mani and in the last years of his life. I know that he loved Denise greatly. Some fans believe he never got over Denise and some believe that he moved on from her. His music indicates that he dearly loved Mayte and then Mani. But I wonder, Did his feelings for Denise resurface after the second divorce?

You learn to live with what life brings. You move on but your heart never totally leaves the first love and I think he and Denise remained friends over the decades. I think they were 2 people whose lives paralleled each other. I think the feelings were never packed away just evolved into a deep respect and friendship.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #149 posted 08/18/17 2:13am

Rebeljuice

avatar

The most revealing things from part II for me are:

1) how little input the heirs seem to have regarding business decisions this late in the game.

2) How WB and the heirs seem to have very little common interest and do not seem to be on the same page.

3) How she may be as in the dark about the circumstances surrounding his death as the rest of us.

4) The heirs (or at least Sharon's) ideas going forward regarding the music is reasuring.

5) I found it a little worrying that she says they want to maintain Prince's ideals regarding swearing etc. She even seemed to imply disapointment in WB for releasing We Can Fuck. I hope this doesn't mean a whole bunch of songs will remain unreleased because the lyrics are less than clean.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 5 of 9 <123456789>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Discuss The Sharon Nelson Q&A Thread Here - And Only Here