independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 21st Jul 2017 1:50am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > NEW LEAK - Feel U Up (Early Version - without synth)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/16/17 9:17pm

bluegangsta

avatar

NEW LEAK - Feel U Up (Early Version - without synth)

It's... Odd sounding. The mix, esspecially.

[Edited 7/17/17 16:25pm]

Always cry 4 love, never cry 4 pain.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/16/17 9:22pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

i keep wating fot the synths to kick in lol

music

Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/16/17 9:29pm

bluegangsta

avatar

I suspect it miight be fake. It sounds like someone extracted the instruments and made a "Stripped version". Could be wrong that, as it's very clean.

Always cry 4 love, never cry 4 pain.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/16/17 9:41pm

airth

avatar

I was also wondering whether it could be fake. The beat is repetitive with not much going on and the Feel U Up chant is kind of annoying on first listen. But I think it's just a basic reworking of the 81 original sometime in 86 before he decided to go with the Camille voice. There are too many new elements in the second half of the song - synths, drums, vocals. In fact the last couple of minutes are what make the track for me.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/16/17 9:46pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

bluegangsta said:

I suspect it miight be fake. It sounds like someone extracted the instruments and made a "Stripped version". Could be wrong that, as it's very clean.

If you find out that it is fake, let us know. Don't want no fake P tracks, although it has happened before and can happen again... rolleyes

nothing's forbidden... and nothing's taboo.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/16/17 9:51pm

bluegangsta

avatar

airth said:

I was also wondering whether it could be fake. The beat is repetitive with not much going on and the Feel U Up chant is kind of annoying on first listen. But I think it's just a basic reworking of the 81 original sometime in 86 before he decided to go with the Camille voice. There are too many new elements in the second half of the song - synths, drums, vocals. In fact the last couple of minutes are what make the track for me.

purplethunder3121 said:

bluegangsta said:

I suspect it miight be fake. It sounds like someone extracted the instruments and made a "Stripped version". Could be wrong that, as it's very clean.

If you find out that it is fake, let us know. Don't want no fake P tracks, although it has happened before and can happen again... rolleyes

One fan did recently do a bunch of "reconstructions".

The main giveaway for me is the amount of reverb - which is generally how you mask it. But then, the vocals are exceptionally clear...

Always cry 4 love, never cry 4 pain.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/16/17 10:04pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

bluegangsta said:

airth said:

I was also wondering whether it could be fake. The beat is repetitive with not much going on and the Feel U Up chant is kind of annoying on first listen. But I think it's just a basic reworking of the 81 original sometime in 86 before he decided to go with the Camille voice. There are too many new elements in the second half of the song - synths, drums, vocals. In fact the last couple of minutes are what make the track for me.

If you find out that it is fake, let us know. Don't want no fake P tracks, although it has happened before and can happen again... rolleyes

One fan did recently do a bunch of "reconstructions".

The main giveaway for me is the amount of reverb - which is generally how you mask it. But then, the vocals are exceptionally clear...

Hate that with a passion! mad

nothing's forbidden... and nothing's taboo.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/16/17 10:17pm

jaawwnn

avatar

Well I don't know what to make of this. If it's real what on earth is it? An early dub attempt or something?

[Edited 7/16/17 22:19pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/16/17 10:31pm

callimnate

avatar

This isnt a recent fan made "reconstruction". rolleyes

The guys in Connections have had this for a couple of years now.
I heard it back then but couldnt describe it here on the org, as it was unusual and difficult to describe without listening to it first.

I love how the same song could sound so different compared to the funked up version it turned out to be.
Its dark and leans more towards the original Tick Tick Bang Bang than a The Time penned single.

But for you guys to even think that it could be a fan made mix, makes me wonder if you even know how versatile P was back then.


[Edited 7/16/17 22:32pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/16/17 10:36pm

bluegangsta

avatar

callimnate said:

This isnt a recent fan made "reconstruction". rolleyes

The guys in Connections have had this for a couple of years now.
I heard it back then but couldnt describe it here on the org, as it was unusual and difficult to describe without listening to it first.

I love how the same song could sound so different compared to the funked up version it turned out to be.
Its dark and leans more towards the original Tick Tick Bang Bang than a The Time penned single.

But for you guys to even think that it could be a fan made mix, makes me wonder if you even know how versatile P was back then.

What? It's essentially the demo we've had forever, with less happening. No one is questioning Prince's versatility...

tenor.gif

[Edited 7/16/17 22:37pm]

Always cry 4 love, never cry 4 pain.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/16/17 11:10pm

callimnate

avatar

bluegangsta said:

callimnate said:

This isnt a recent fan made "reconstruction". rolleyes

The guys in Connections have had this for a couple of years now.
I heard it back then but couldnt describe it here on the org, as it was unusual and difficult to describe without listening to it first.

I love how the same song could sound so different compared to the funked up version it turned out to be.
Its dark and leans more towards the original Tick Tick Bang Bang than a The Time penned single.

But for you guys to even think that it could be a fan made mix, makes me wonder if you even know how versatile P was back then.

What? It's essentially the demo we've had forever, with less happening. No one is questioning Prince's versatility...

[Edited 7/16/17 22:37pm]


You're the one hinting it could be fan made.

tenor.gif

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/16/17 11:18pm

bluegangsta

avatar

callimnate said:

bluegangsta said:

What? It's essentially the demo we've had forever, with less happening. No one is questioning Prince's versatility...

You're the one hinting it could be fan made.

I said it was suspicious. That's all.

And again, nothing to do with Prince's versatility.

Always cry 4 love, never cry 4 pain.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/16/17 11:53pm

leadline

Sounds real to me, Prince had no ledge in the studio, this is just another example of that imo.

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/17/17 12:02am

pld71

avatar

The drum track sounds very similar to jerk out.

[Edited 7/17/17 0:04am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/17/17 12:50am

IstenSzek

avatar

great track though. i love this early draught. and then at the last few minutes it goes wild! music


and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/17/17 12:53am

tbokris

I think this sounds like a remix.

I mean that drum beat just sounds like someone's influenced by 80s house. Definitely not from 1981 regarless of if it's by Prince.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 07/17/17 1:00am

jaawwnn

avatar

tbokris said:

I think this sounds like a remix.



I mean that drum beat just sounds like someone's influenced by 80s house. Definitely not from 1981 regarless of if it's by Prince.


I kind of agree except early house was influenced by Prince wasn't? Who's to say he didn't stumble onto.this sound and then not know what to do with it?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 07/17/17 1:26am

tbokris

Early house came out of Disco so I wouldn't have said it came from Prince at all really.

Housequake and these sort of repettive '4 to the floor' jams from that 86 era, I would say, was Prince being influenced by House and 'club' music at the time.

jaawwnn said:

tbokris said:

I think this sounds like a remix.

I mean that drum beat just sounds like someone's influenced by 80s house. Definitely not from 1981 regarless of if it's by Prince.

I kind of agree except early house was influenced by Prince wasn't? Who's to say he didn't stumble onto.this sound and then not know what to do with it?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 07/17/17 3:29am

sulls

avatar

How cool is this?!!! lol

"I like to watch."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 07/17/17 4:14am

SchlomoThaHomo

avatar

It's very interesting to hear all of the ways he heard this song in his head. This is one of the most interesting takes imo.

"What is life without love? It's hell, Computer Blue!"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 07/17/17 4:24am

dodger

Can't listen to this while I'm in work, is it like the early version that's in a sequence with Irresistible Bitch?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 07/17/17 4:28am

SchlomoThaHomo

avatar

dodger said:

Can't listen to this while I'm in work, is it like the early version that's in a sequence with Irresistible Bitch?

Kind of? Except it's only Prince and a drum machine until the last half, and the vocal is more up front and urgent.

"What is life without love? It's hell, Computer Blue!"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 07/17/17 5:01am

dodger

SchlomoThaHomo said:

dodger said:

Can't listen to this while I'm in work, is it like the early version that's in a sequence with Irresistible Bitch?

Kind of? Except it's only Prince and a drum machine until the last half, and the vocal is more up front and urgent.

Cool, thanks

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 07/17/17 5:01am

smokeverbs

avatar

This is DOPE. Thank you, again and again to those responsible.

Keep your headphones on.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 07/17/17 5:19am

SchlomoThaHomo

avatar

I listened back to some voice memos I recorded from Questlove's DJ set before the Revolution concert at First Ave, and this is the version he played. So this track. Emotional Pump, and Feline are some of these new leaks he was spinning last September. Maybe we'll get that awesome acoustic demo of Sister he played?????

"What is life without love? It's hell, Computer Blue!"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 07/17/17 5:42am

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

SchlomoThaHomo said:

I listened back to some voice memos I recorded from Questlove's DJ set before the Revolution concert at First Ave, and this is the version he played. So this track. Emotional Pump, and Feline are some of these new leaks he was spinning last September. Maybe we'll get that awesome acoustic demo of Sister he played?????

highfive

"Style is loving yourself 'til everyone else does too."
You certainly proved that Prince, beyond any doubt.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 07/17/17 5:47am

dustoff

If Questlove is the leaker: Thanks, Questlove smile

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 07/17/17 7:20am

leadline

dustoff said:

If Questlove is the leaker: Thanks, Questlove smile


The only leaks Quest is letting out are the ones after he drinks his 32oz Coke.

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 07/17/17 8:15am

Anthoknee

I actually dig this a little more than the version that includes Irresistible Bitch...the drums are WAY bigger and his voice isn't buried in the mix....definitely a different "feel"!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 07/17/17 8:23am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

callimnate said:

bluegangsta said:

What? It's essentially the demo we've had forever, with less happening. No one is questioning Prince's versatility...

[Edited 7/16/17 22:37pm]


You're the one hinting it could be fan made.


why not? the best bootleg of "Electric Intercourse" was a fan edit (I think it was T) *often referred to as the live version it is actually the "wake up Wendy" rehesral that was edited and cleaned up. The live version is way different...

Gemini rising on the 7th day... 21,138
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > NEW LEAK - Feel U Up (Early Version - without synth)