independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 20th Jul 2017 11:44pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince looked more like a little boy in the 2000's than in the 80's.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/28/17 11:57am

purplerabbitho
le

Prince looked more like a little boy in the 2000's than in the 80's.

Maybe, its the hair cut and more subtle facial hair (and maybe a little bit of touch up, but up close it is obvious he didn't have that much)--but Prince looked more boyish from 2004-2010 (at least from a distance) than he did in the 80's. In fact, he looked extremely little-boyish while walking around with the statuesque Bria Valente.

Anyone else agree?

princ-bria-valente.jpg

prince-performance-2004-shadow-billboard-650.jpg

Prince-1987-2.jpg

Prince-1987.jpg

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/28/17 11:59am

feeluupp

oh god here we go again... where's that prince used chemical hair relaxers thread again... lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/28/17 12:02pm

purplerabbitho
le

I am not talking about hair relaxers. I am talking about the cut. I don't know shit about chemical relaxers anyway. Just something about him in those little suits with a short haircut that makes him look more boyish than the Prince of Parade. When I was a kid, I assumed Prince was older than his early 20's. If I had discovered him in the 2000's, I would have thought he was much younger than in his 40's and 50's.

feeluupp said:

oh god here we go again... where's that prince used chemical hair relaxers thread again... lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/28/17 12:04pm

feeluupp

purplerabbithole said:

I am not talking about hair relaxers. I am talking about the cut. I don't know shit about chemical relaxers anyway. Just something about him in those little suits with a short haircut that makes him look more boyish than the Prince of Parade. When I was a kid, I assumed Prince was older than his early 20's. If I had discovered him in the 2000's, I would have thought he was much younger than in his 40's and 50's.

feeluupp said:

oh god here we go again... where's that prince used chemical hair relaxers thread again... lol

Summary... The chemical hair relaxers analagoy is to show this thread is just as stupid as that one

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/28/17 12:13pm

purplerabbitho
le

I didn't realize all the threads had to be profound and deeply serious. Its a fan page not an academic conference.

feeluupp said:

purplerabbithole said:

I am not talking about hair relaxers. I am talking about the cut. I don't know shit about chemical relaxers anyway. Just something about him in those little suits with a short haircut that makes him look more boyish than the Prince of Parade. When I was a kid, I assumed Prince was older than his early 20's. If I had discovered him in the 2000's, I would have thought he was much younger than in his 40's and 50's.

Summary... The chemical hair relaxers analagoy is to show this thread is just as stupid as that one

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/28/17 12:23pm

dance4me3121

I was gonna say he looked more "manly" as he got older which is a good thing.but he always looked great
Is that sinhead o Connor in the background in the last pic? lol
[Edited 5/28/17 12:24pm]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/28/17 1:51pm

PurpleYoda3121

The lighting in the second pic makes him look like a zombie. lol

U fall in love 2 fast and hate 2 soon
And take 4 granted the feeling’s mutual
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/28/17 2:48pm

twinnies

avatar

One thing's for sure, he NEVER looked his age!!!!!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/28/17 8:18pm

bibrose

PurpleYoda3121 said:

The lighting in the second pic makes him look like a zombie. lol

Seriously, how would you like it if someone said the same thing about you? I don't think it is funny at all! It appears everyone feels it is now their prerogative to make mean-spirited comments about P just to make their miserable selves feel good. Put up your photos and let's see how you have aged over the years. P deserves far more respect than he gets on this board.

“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” – Albert Einstein
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/29/17 12:36am

Laydown

ONA he was wearing suits most of the time.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/29/17 5:11am

Wlcm2thdwn3

avatar

No, I don't agree neutral

How long do you wanna be loved. Is forever enough, is forever enough?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/29/17 5:42am

BreakfastCanWa
itXXX

bibrose said:



PurpleYoda3121 said:


The lighting in the second pic makes him look like a zombie. lol





Seriously, how would you like it if someone said the same thing about you? I don't think it is funny at all! It appears everyone feels it is now their prerogative to make mean-spirited comments about P just to make their miserable selves feel good. Put up your photos and let's see how you have aged over the years. P deserves far more respect than he gets on this board.


yeahthat Agreed! People have the audacity to disrespect P. Keep the mean comments to yourself people. They say mean things because they're the ones who are ugly both on the inside and out. Smh.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/29/17 6:26am

PurpleYoda3121

bibrose said:

PurpleYoda3121 said:

The lighting in the second pic makes him look like a zombie. lol

Seriously, how would you like it if someone said the same thing about you? I don't think it is funny at all! It appears everyone feels it is now their prerogative to make mean-spirited comments about P just to make their miserable selves feel good. Put up your photos and let's see how you have aged over the years. P deserves far more respect than he gets on this board.

Wow. I certainly meant no disrespect to Prince. And I only pointed it out because of how spectacular he usually looks. Prince was able to make fun of how he looked sometimes, why can't you? Again, I meant no harm.

U fall in love 2 fast and hate 2 soon
And take 4 granted the feeling’s mutual
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/29/17 1:14pm

bibrose

PurpleYoda3121 said:

bibrose said:

Seriously, how would you like it if someone said the same thing about you? I don't think it is funny at all! It appears everyone feels it is now their prerogative to make mean-spirited comments about P just to make their miserable selves feel good. Put up your photos and let's see how you have aged over the years. P deserves far more respect than he gets on this board.

Wow. I certainly meant no disrespect to Prince. And I only pointed it out because of how spectacular he usually looks. Prince was able to make fun of how he looked sometimes, why can't you? Again, I meant no harm.

Thanks -- PurpleYoda3121. I am just tired overall of all the disrespect that has been shown toward Prince on this board since his passing. We know he died tragically alone. We know his health started to deteriorate particularly toward the last few months before he died. We are now getting a bit more information about his tragic and sad passing. Some of us are still in deep mourning over his passing so yes - I am a bit sensitive about comments that are disrespectful. I hope you understand. Blessings!

“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” – Albert Einstein
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/29/17 1:33pm

cloveringold85

avatar

OMG, I loved him even more from the late 90's until he passed. After his break-up with Mayte, he seemed to really blossom like a flower!! heart love

.

He was lookin' mighty fine!! omg lol lol

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/29/17 2:19pm

BreakfastCanWa
itXXX

cloveringold85 said:

OMG, I loved him even more from the late 90's until he passed. After his break-up with Mayte, he seemed to really blossom like a flower!! heart love


.


He was lookin' mighty fine!! omg lol lol




clapping drooling Yes he definitely was lookin' mighty fine! Fine like a bottle of wine. He became more and more handsome the more he aged. He still could have got it from me at 57! lol no shame! I love you P 💋❤️
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/29/17 2:36pm

cloveringold85

avatar

BreakfastCanWaitXXX said:

cloveringold85 said:

OMG, I loved him even more from the late 90's until he passed. After his break-up with Mayte, he seemed to really blossom like a flower!! heart love

.

He was lookin' mighty fine!! omg lol lol

clapping drooling Yes he definitely was lookin' mighty fine! Fine like a bottle of wine. He became more and more handsome the more he aged. He still could have got it from me at 57! lol no shame! I love you P 💋❤️

.

Ha-ha!! We think alike! LOL lol lol

.

OH MY GAWD, he was so sexy in his 40s and beyond!! lick love

.

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/29/17 3:41pm

BreakfastCanWa
itXXX

cloveringold85 said:



BreakfastCanWaitXXX said:


cloveringold85 said:

OMG, I loved him even more from the late 90's until he passed. After his break-up with Mayte, he seemed to really blossom like a flower!! heart love


.


He was lookin' mighty fine!! omg lol lol




clapping drooling Yes he definitely was lookin' mighty fine! Fine like a bottle of wine. He became more and more handsome the more he aged. He still could have got it from me at 57! lol no shame! I love you P 💋❤️

.


Ha-ha!! We think alike! LOL lol lol


.


OH MY GAWD, he was so sexy in his 40s and beyond!! lick love


.




YES GIRL! Lol..damn he sure knew how to rock those suits and hats though. And I just loved his mini fro around his Rock And Roll Love Affair era. He looked so adorable in the episode of New Girl too! Lol. Ugh! And don't get me started on his interview of him on CNN and when he was on TRL Live! drooling faint ..P just OOZED SEX! There's no denying. Omg wait! Remember when he was on the Oscars and Golden Globe Awards in 2005! He looked so cute when he was on stage and he was trying to pronounce the Spanish words lol awwww my baby! Lol
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 05/29/17 4:16pm

cloveringold85

avatar

BreakfastCanWaitXXX said:

cloveringold85 said:

.

Ha-ha!! We think alike! LOL lol lol

.

OH MY GAWD, he was so sexy in his 40s and beyond!! lick love

.

YES GIRL! Lol..damn he sure knew how to rock those suits and hats though. And I just loved his mini fro around his Rock And Roll Love Affair era. He looked so adorable in the episode of New Girl too! Lol. Ugh! And don't get me started on his interview of him on CNN and when he was on TRL Live! drooling faint ..P just OOZED SEX! There's no denying. Omg wait! Remember when he was on the Oscars and Golden Globe Awards in 2005! He looked so cute when he was on stage and he was trying to pronounce the Spanish words lol awwww my baby! Lol

.

Ha-ha!! Yes, he sure did!! lol

.

I LOOVED him in New Girl. I wanted to see more, more, more!! I think he should have taken more acting roles, but I know he didn't have time for that, music was his love! lol

.

YES!! I love that TRL Live and he was the center of attraction when he appeared on any awards show!! He was too cute for words!! love

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 05/29/17 6:09pm

Asenath0607

bibrose said:

PurpleYoda3121 said:

Wow. I certainly meant no disrespect to Prince. And I only pointed it out because of how spectacular he usually looks. Prince was able to make fun of how he looked sometimes, why can't you? Again, I meant no harm.

Thanks -- PurpleYoda3121. I am just tired overall of all the disrespect that has been shown toward Prince on this board since his passing. We know he died tragically alone. We know his health started to deteriorate particularly toward the last few months before he died. We are now getting a bit more information about his tragic and sad passing. Some of us are still in deep mourning over his passing so yes - I am a bit sensitive about comments that are disrespectful. I hope you understand. Blessings!

I didn't join the site until after Prince transitioned; but honestly when I read some of the things that people posted when he was alive, I couldn't believe it. I didn't understand how they were being rude, with the understanding that he had at times possibly been on the site. I couldn't understand why they appeared to be dogging him (for a lack of a better word) when they were on a fan site. So just my 2 cents, I really think folks were disrespecting him on here even before he died. By no means am I saying that it's ok; just that I am pretty sure it isn't a new thing. Which I still don't understand, but not my monkey; not my circus.

if i were to ever write down my life story,
i could truly say with all the fame and glory,
i was just a piece of clay in need of the potter’s hand,
’cause when you whispered in my ear
the words i so now understand
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 05/29/17 6:12pm

Asenath0607

In my opinion, I agree. I felt that Prince looked older when he first came on the scene nationally, than he did in later years. I just chalked it up to the old saying that once celebs get money their apperance improves. NOT SAYING THAT HE WASN'T ATTRACTIVE then BECAUSE HE MUST CERTAINLY WAS!

[Edited 5/29/17 18:13pm]

[Edited 5/29/17 18:14pm]

if i were to ever write down my life story,
i could truly say with all the fame and glory,
i was just a piece of clay in need of the potter’s hand,
’cause when you whispered in my ear
the words i so now understand
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 06/02/17 3:03pm

cloveringold85

avatar

Asenath0607 said:

In my opinion, I agree. I felt that Prince looked older when he first came on the scene nationally, than he did in later years. I just chalked it up to the old saying that once celebs get money their apperance improves. NOT SAYING THAT HE WASN'T ATTRACTIVE then BECAUSE HE MUST CERTAINLY WAS!

[Edited 5/29/17 18:13pm]

[Edited 5/29/17 18:14pm]

.

Yes, that is very true! Once you reach celebrity-status and you have the money to acquire the finer things in life; the best clothes, hair, make-up, spa's and beauty treatments; living the good life--all of those things can make a person more beautiful. wink lol

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 06/02/17 9:06pm

carnalflower

avatar

Prince in his 50's

OOOoooooooo

*fans self*

Loved the full on fro, loved the rock god style.

no doubt the man was unbelievably beautiful at every age, I was never immune to it...BUT he didn't make me sweat until middle age (him, not me. No wait, I guess me too. But I'm talking about him)

sitting in this cafe
waiting on my baby
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 06/03/17 12:22pm

cloveringold85

avatar

carnalflower said:

Prince in his 50's

OOOoooooooo

*fans self*

Loved the full on fro, loved the rock god style.

no doubt the man was unbelievably beautiful at every age, I was never immune to it...BUT he didn't make me sweat until middle age (him, not me. No wait, I guess me too. But I'm talking about him)

.

Ha-ha!! Yes, he sure was!! lol

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 07/17/17 8:50am

bibrose

Asenath0607, you are so right. I have gone through some of the threads and some of the comments were extremely hostile and appalling. Some were demanding that P do shows, tours or release music that they in their opinion felt was the right thing for him to do. The comments about proteges were even more brutal without regard to the fact that P wanted to impart his knowledge. Even when he had better quality proteges, some comments were still outright rude and disrespect. Given how much P treasured his freedom both as an artist and an African-American man, some of the comments almost read like the way people talked down to black people in the Jim Crow era. One person even posted that P was going to die alone. That must have been hard for him to read. I must admit that when P had the Moline incident, a lot of the posts were very compassionate with members expressing concern, offering advice and recipes for healing, and asking him to take it easy.

Asenath0607 said:

bibrose said:

Thanks -- PurpleYoda3121. I am just tired overall of all the disrespect that has been shown toward Prince on this board since his passing. We know he died tragically alone. We know his health started to deteriorate particularly toward the last few months before he died. We are now getting a bit more information about his tragic and sad passing. Some of us are still in deep mourning over his passing so yes - I am a bit sensitive about comments that are disrespectful. I hope you understand. Blessings!

I didn't join the site until after Prince transitioned; but honestly when I read some of the things that people posted when he was alive, I couldn't believe it. I didn't understand how they were being rude, with the understanding that he had at times possibly been on the site. I couldn't understand why they appeared to be dogging him (for a lack of a better word) when they were on a fan site. So just my 2 cents, I really think folks were disrespecting him on here even before he died. By no means am I saying that it's ok; just that I am pretty sure it isn't a new thing. Which I still don't understand, but not my monkey; not my circus.

“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” – Albert Einstein
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 07/17/17 9:04am

sonshine

avatar

^^^ Totally agree with all of this! Its why i lurked here for years, hesitant to join such a hateful environment. My hesrt hurt for P as i imagined he read this site thoroughly

bibrose said:

Asenath0607, you are so right. I have gone through some of the threads and some of the comments were extremely hostile and appalling. Some were demanding that P do shows, tours or release music that they in their opinion felt was the right thing for him to do. The comments about proteges were even more brutal without regard to the fact that P wanted to impart his knowledge. Even when he had better quality proteges, some comments were still outright rude and disrespect. Given how much P treasured his freedom both as an artist and an African-American man, some of the comments almost read like the way people talked down to black people in the Jim Crow era. One person even posted that P was going to die alone. That must have been hard for him to read. I must admit that when P had the Moline incident, a lot of the posts were very compassionate with members expressing concern, offering advice and recipes for healing, and asking him to take it easy.




Asenath0607 said:




bibrose said:




Thanks -- PurpleYoda3121. I am just tired overall of all the disrespect that has been shown toward Prince on this board since his passing. We know he died tragically alone. We know his health started to deteriorate particularly toward the last few months before he died. We are now getting a bit more information about his tragic and sad passing. Some of us are still in deep mourning over his passing so yes - I am a bit sensitive about comments that are disrespectful. I hope you understand. Blessings!



I didn't join the site until after Prince transitioned; but honestly when I read some of the things that people posted when he was alive, I couldn't believe it. I didn't understand how they were being rude, with the understanding that he had at times possibly been on the site. I couldn't understand why they appeared to be dogging him (for a lack of a better word) when they were on a fan site. So just my 2 cents, I really think folks were disrespecting him on here even before he died. By no means am I saying that it's ok; just that I am pretty sure it isn't a new thing. Which I still don't understand, but not my monkey; not my circus.



My music will tell you more about me than i ever will. ~ Prince
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 07/17/17 5:04pm

cloveringold85

avatar

OMG, I loved Prince during that era! He was so sexxxy in his 40s and beyond!! lol love

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 07/17/17 5:05pm

cloveringold85

avatar

Ooops! I just realized this was from a while ago! LOL lol

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 07/17/17 5:10pm

cloveringold85

avatar

sonshine said:

^^^ Totally agree with all of this! Its why i lurked here for years, hesitant to join such a hateful environment. My hesrt hurt for P as i imagined he read this site thoroughly bibrose said:

Asenath0607, you are so right. I have gone through some of the threads and some of the comments were extremely hostile and appalling. Some were demanding that P do shows, tours or release music that they in their opinion felt was the right thing for him to do. The comments about proteges were even more brutal without regard to the fact that P wanted to impart his knowledge. Even when he had better quality proteges, some comments were still outright rude and disrespect. Given how much P treasured his freedom both as an artist and an African-American man, some of the comments almost read like the way people talked down to black people in the Jim Crow era. One person even posted that P was going to die alone. That must have been hard for him to read. I must admit that when P had the Moline incident, a lot of the posts were very compassionate with members expressing concern, offering advice and recipes for healing, and asking him to take it easy.

.

I agree; there are some really hateful people on the Org. I think the majority of people are respectful of Prince, and each other most of the time. There are some who only loved Prince for his music, so after he passed away, the orgers probably left too; because either they are not interested in his legacy and/or there is no new music or anything new to talk/gossip/argue about in his personal life.

.

[Edited 7/17/17 17:11pm]

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 07/17/17 5:54pm

LayzieKiddZ

avatar

Yeah, I thought he looked like a Grandma in the 2000's. Mostly because of that hairdo.

In Parade he happens to look older because he has a very formal haircut and all his hair away form his face. I too thought he was older then than later on in the 80s.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince looked more like a little boy in the 2000's than in the 80's.