independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 14th Dec 2017 1:48am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince When Doves Cry movie on Reelz right now
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/16/17 9:37pm

LBrent

Prince When Doves Cry movie on Reelz right now

I was just channel surfing and stumbled onto the movie Prince When Doves Cry on Reelz cable channel here in the US.

It was right at the part where Mayte has Baby Amiir.

The narrator called the baby "Boy Gregory" and shows the actor playing P, too tall and his voice is deep but weird.

I had to turn it off, it made me nauseous.

They've got a few more supposed P movies on after that one tonight.

Ugh

sad

[Edited 4/16/17 21:42pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/16/17 9:51pm

blizzybiz

LBrent said:

I was just channel surfing and stumbled onto the movie Prince When Doves Cry on Reelz cable channel here in the US.

It was right at the part where Mayte has Baby Amiir.

The narrator called the baby "Boy Gregory" and shows the actor playing P, too tall and his voice is deep but weird.

I had to turn it off, it made me nauseous.

They've got a few more supposed P movies on after that one tonight.

Ugh

sad

[Edited 4/16/17 21:42pm]

aside from a few errors that shouldn't have happened, it's watchable. I especially like seeing Mica Paris speak about Prince. The actors, though...I understand the need to "dramatize" the info, but anyone trying to do Prince just comes off as completely goofy.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/16/17 10:03pm

destinyc1

10 mins before it ends he the actor gives a look and im blown away.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/16/17 10:10pm

LBrent

blizzybiz said:

LBrent said:

I was just channel surfing and stumbled onto the movie Prince When Doves Cry on Reelz cable channel here in the US.

It was right at the part where Mayte has Baby Amiir.

The narrator called the baby "Boy Gregory" and shows the actor playing P, too tall and his voice is deep but weird.

I had to turn it off, it made me nauseous.

They've got a few more supposed P movies on after that one tonight.

Ugh

sad

[Edited 4/16/17 21:42pm]

aside from a few errors that shouldn't have happened, it's watchable. I especially like seeing Mica Paris speak about Prince. The actors, though...I understand the need to "dramatize" the info, but anyone trying to do Prince just comes off as completely goofy.

Maybe I would'nt have reacted that way if I had known it was on and was prepared, but to turn to it unsuspecting...and at that very emotional part without warning...it was extremely disturbing to me.

Maybe down the road I can watch it from the beginning, but not now.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/16/17 10:14pm

C0RAZ0N

They playing it twice in a row
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/16/17 10:29pm

LBrent

C0RAZ0N said:

They playing it twice in a row

Not here in NY.

After it went off that documentary, Purple Reign, came on.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/16/17 10:39pm

Leopard52

destinyc1 said:

10 mins before it ends he the actor gives a look and im blown away.



I think I saw that look too! But he has an almost English accent!?! And he has an Afro as an adult way before he actually had one. I think fans could do a much better historically accurate documentary.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/16/17 10:47pm

morningsong

avatar

I got Prince: Purple Reign
“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/16/17 10:50pm

morningsong

avatar

Next Prince: The Secret Life. Are these different parts to the same movie?
“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/16/17 11:50pm

dance4me3121

morningsong said:

Next Prince: The Secret Life. Are these different parts to the same movie?

All 3 are different documentaries.They are not part of a continuance.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/17/17 5:29am

ColAngus

avatar

I watched it . I liked what his "friends " had to say ... i thought for that reason it was insightful ... especially what the one reporter/friend said about his death ... which I do tend to believe ... (prince was in pain from hips then it just got to escalate where he could not stop etc).

Mica was insightful also .

I thought the "prince acting " was horrible ...

Colonel Angus may be smelly. colonel angus may be a little rough . but deep down ... Colonel angus is very sweet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/17/17 5:54am

KoolEaze

avatar

I´m watching it right now but isn´t this the same docu by Reelz that was broadcast yesterday on Channel 5 in the UK? I couldn´t watch that one because I missed out on the livestream but it wasn´t called When Doves Cry and was a bit longer than this one, with 125 minutes compared to 95 minutes, so what gives?

.

I think it is pretty horrendous and focuses way too much on the darker aspects and exaggerates them.

And they don´t mention all the positive things that happened in his career after the late 90s/early00s.

The dramatization is awful and makes Paisley Park look like a dark dungeon but I think the actor, as bad as his acting was, looked at least acceptable for the part he played.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/17/17 6:21am

manabean84

I recorded it and haven't watched it yet. Reading these comments helps me prepare for what I'm going to be watching.

I'm not a human
I am a dove
I'm your conscious
I am love
All I really need is to know that
You believe
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/17/17 6:52am

destinyc1

Reelz hires actors as they tell the story.Im not going to lie guys a few times i had to look and re look at the actor to make sure it was or wasn't prince.The actor is from the uk and he looks like prince but his bottom layer of teeth are very crooked.SPOILER ALERT DONT CONT READING IF YOUR GOING TO WATCH IT LATER.....................It will make you cryit talks about when he was in school and would sit alone and eat lunch sad They show him laying there in the elevator in dark glasses and a cane.Then the one guy who knew prince early on said something like it would of only taken one guy to stand up and say NO to him prince.And why did he die in an elevator all alone.I would give it a 8 outta 10.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/17/17 6:55am

rdhull

avatar

The funny thing is that fans expect shows etc about Prince to have the same quality as Princes own product..his own production values. lol we need to get over that.

And everytime I scratch my nails down someone else's back I hope you feel it.. WELL CAN YA FEEL IT?!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 04/17/17 7:16am

anangellooksdo
wn

Can somebody please tell me how I can watch this online? I don't have a TV. Been looking for it all morning.
~Paisley Park is in your heart~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 04/17/17 8:29am

destinyc1

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 04/17/17 10:20am

kittylarue2

avatar

anangellooksdown said:

Can somebody please tell me how I can watch this online? I don't have a TV. Been looking for it all morning.

It is on Youtube.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 04/17/17 10:27am

Mjzangel

avatar

kittylarue2 said:

anangellooksdown said:

Can somebody please tell me how I can watch this online? I don't have a TV. Been looking for it all morning.

It is on Youtube.

where i've been looking for it too

Prince
If love could of saved you
you would of lived forever

I Miss you alway's and forever
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 04/17/17 11:07am

LBrent

I just checked and Prince When Doves Cry will be on Reelz tonight at 10p in the NY area.

I dunno if I'm ready to watch it though.

sad confused

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 04/17/17 11:21am

destinyc1

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 04/17/17 11:49am

NotACleverName

avatar

Mjzangel said:



kittylarue2 said:



anangellooksdown said:
Can somebody please tell me how I can watch this online? I don't have a TV. Been looking for it all morning.


It is on Youtube.

where i've been looking for it too


Try this: https://youtu.be/4tgmi81Hoac

EDIT: FYI.....First 5 mins are the lead in....skip that to go to the actual beginning of the program.
[Edited 4/17/17 12:35pm]
"Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence......." ~ DESIDERATA ~ Max Ehrmann
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 04/17/17 1:12pm

jonnymon

Just finished watching. It's a very strange feeling now that's it is over because there is nothing there that I hadn't always suspected about his life. I always thought he was very lonely, and knowing what I've always heard about his childhood, I always felt that despite the fame, his life was a very sad tale. It was a quality show, but I certainly don't feel good after watching it.
[Edited 4/17/17 13:13pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 04/17/17 5:40pm

anangellooksdo
wn

Thanks y'all smile
~Paisley Park is in your heart~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 04/17/17 5:45pm

luvgirl

LBrent said:

I just checked and Prince When Doves Cry will be on Reelz tonight at 10p in the NY area.



I dunno if I'm ready to watch it though.



sad confused



Me either. I started, and had to stop... I just can't right now.
I just want you here, I just want you near me baby, cause I'm scared I'll cry, I love you like crazy.
~RIP~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 04/17/17 6:09pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

confused

Find strength in that which remains...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 04/17/17 6:14pm

morningsong

avatar

dance4me3121 said:

morningsong said:
Next Prince: The Secret Life. Are these different parts to the same movie?
All 3 are different documentaries.They are not part of a continuance.



Ok, thank you. I caught the last 2, but some of the later information is quite old, they were still talking about percocet. A written but not filed will was talked about. Sometimes you had to hold your breathe wondering where the person talking was going to go, most of the time it went positive.

Some of it made me cringe, some of it was informative, some of it was sweet, some of it ticked me off. Can't verify how accurate the dates for various events are though.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 04/17/17 6:49pm

1contessa

jonnymon said:

Just finished watching. It's a very strange feeling now that's it is over because there is nothing there that I hadn't always suspected about his life. I always thought he was very lonely, and knowing what I've always heard about his childhood, I always felt that despite the fame, his life was a very sad tale. It was a quality show, but I certainly don't feel good after watching it. [Edited 4/17/17 13:13pm]

I agree. I came away feeling sad that he lived such a lonely life, and was so affected by his childhood. I knew certain things about his childhood from what I've read, but seeing it re-enacted like that, just made it more real life. I hurt for him, when he was a child and his dad wouldn't let him back into the house, he must have felt so scared and alone, it just broke my heart. It was just a sad show all around, and I saw a different side of Prince, that I hadn't seen before.

[Edited 4/17/17 18:50pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 04/17/17 8:14pm

destinyc1

Its back on.Are u guys watching

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 04/17/17 8:52pm

1contessa

destinyc1 said:

Its back on.Are u guys watching

I watched it twice yesterday, I'm not going to watch for a while, it makes me sad.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince When Doves Cry movie on Reelz right now