independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 22nd Oct 2017 6:53am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince remembered at The Screen Actors Guild is quite special.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/29/17 9:47pm

ForeverPaisley

Prince remembered at The Screen Actors Guild is quite special.

By self definition, The Screen Actors Guild is Actors honouring fellow Actors.
I was hoping to see him but with baited-breath but there it was, Prince included in the Memorium of the Screen Actors Guild awards, which was prefaced by "This has been a year of staggering losses. Here are just a few of those performers who changed our world, and were proud to say "I am an actor." I think it that recognition is quite special, for Prince to be included in this list of unforgettable actors, knowing how under-appreciated he often was for his acting contributions.
It's also the only time in the Memorium the sound of applause in agreement.
It really warmed my purple heart and triggered the purple tears all at the same time.

Dance where y'are, just groove y'all.
canada
Commemorative Guitar Picks, Buttons & Magnets - check Marketplace 4 info
wave thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/29/17 9:53pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Awwww it's nice they honoured him cool

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/29/17 9:53pm

sonshine

avatar

+1

heart

Have you had your plus sign (+) today?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/29/17 9:57pm

rubymoon53

avatar

heart

No matter your age, pursue your dreams so that you will LIVE.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/29/17 10:30pm

rainbowchild

avatar

It was quite moving to see him included. I was hoping they would feature a clip from his guest appearance on the New Girl TV show, for a change. Thank you SAG Awards for remembering our Prince! cool
"Just like the sun, the Rainbow Children rise."

"Am I black or white? Am I straight or gay?"

"We had fun, didn't we?"
-Prince (1958-2016) 4ever in my life
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/29/17 10:43pm

ForeverPaisley

rainbowchild said:

It was quite moving to see him included. I was hoping they would feature a clip from his guest appearance on the New Girl TV show, for a change. Thank you SAG Awards for remembering our Prince! cool

Me too nod and especially about a clip from New Girl too, as it is something more recent. But still, definitely a lovely inclusion to have him shown there. Really nice to see that recognition. love2

Dance where y'are, just groove y'all.
canada
Commemorative Guitar Picks, Buttons & Magnets - check Marketplace 4 info
wave thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/29/17 11:22pm

LBrent

Awww...That made me teary.

smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/30/17 6:07am

ARock

avatar

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/30/17 6:43am

ForeverPaisley

Dance where y'are, just groove y'all.
canada
Commemorative Guitar Picks, Buttons & Magnets - check Marketplace 4 info
wave thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/30/17 6:45am

scratchtasia

ForeverPaisley said:

By self definition, The Screen Actors Guild is Actors honouring fellow Actors.
I was hoping to see him but with baited-breath but there it was, Prince included in the Memorium of the Screen Actors Guild awards, which was prefaced by "This has been a year of staggering losses. Here are just a few of those performers who changed our world, and were proud to say "I am an actor." I think it that recognition is quite special, for Prince to be included in this list of unforgettable actors, knowing how under-appreciated he often was for his acting contributions.
It's also the only time in the Memorium the sound of applause in agreement.
It really warmed my purple heart and triggered the purple tears all at the same time.


I was also wondering if he would be included, and glad to see that he was. Small correction: it was the first time in the memorial piece that you heard applause, but there was also applause for some of those that followed, like Gene Wilder and Carrie Fisher. I'm glad they mute the applause somewhat, though, because a memorial piece shouldn't be a popularity contest.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/30/17 8:52am

ForeverPaisley

scratchtasia said:

ForeverPaisley said:

By self definition, The Screen Actors Guild is Actors honouring fellow Actors.
I was hoping to see him but with baited-breath but there it was, Prince included in the Memorium of the Screen Actors Guild awards, which was prefaced by "This has been a year of staggering losses. Here are just a few of those performers who changed our world, and were proud to say "I am an actor." I think it that recognition is quite special, for Prince to be included in this list of unforgettable actors, knowing how under-appreciated he often was for his acting contributions.
It's also the only time in the Memorium the sound of applause in agreement.
It really warmed my purple heart and triggered the purple tears all at the same time.


I was also wondering if he would be included, and glad to see that he was. Small correction: it was the first time in the memorial piece that you heard applause, but there was also applause for some of those that followed, like Gene Wilder and Carrie Fisher. I'm glad they mute the applause somewhat, though, because a memorial piece shouldn't be a popularity contest.

That is correct, I posted immediately before watching the rest of the memorium but you are correct, up until that moment the audience was quiet, and then Prince was the first applause, then Gene Wilder and Carrie Fisher as you mentioned. That's an interesting point of view of an applause during a memorial piece as I would never akin it to a popularity contest.

Dance where y'are, just groove y'all.
canada
Commemorative Guitar Picks, Buttons & Magnets - check Marketplace 4 info
wave thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/30/17 9:12am

80tomato

Thanks for posting...makes it all so real again sad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/30/17 4:11pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

LBrent said:

Awww...That made me teary.

smile

Me. too! They clip they chose of Prince just walking up with that "Here I am" look, totally got to me. touched

"Style is loving yourself 'til everyone else does too."
You certainly proved that Prince, beyond any doubt.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/30/17 5:22pm

LBrent

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

LBrent said:

Awww...That made me teary.

smile

Me. too! They clip they chose of Prince just walking up with that "Here I am" look, totally got to me. touched

He looked so young and hopeful.

hug

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/30/17 5:36pm

PurpleDiamonds
1

LBrent said:

Awww...That made me teary.



smile


Yes tears again...and the applause for him too. It gave me a happy/sad feeling sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/30/17 5:54pm

Mumio

avatar

LBrent said:

Awww...That made me teary.

smile



Yeah. Same here. I am going to record the Grammys to ensure I see it. I didn't even realize Prince would be represented in the SAG awards In Memoriam piece.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/30/17 6:40pm

MD431Madcat

avatar

sad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 01/30/17 7:40pm

ForeverPaisley

Mumio said:

LBrent said:

Awww...That made me teary.

smile



Yeah. Same here. I am going to record the Grammys to ensure I see it. I didn't even realize Prince would be represented in the SAG awards In Memoriam piece.

^^ I didn't either, which is why it seemed extra special - we expect it from music award programs, and rightfully so, but was really glad to see his name shown there nod

Dance where y'are, just groove y'all.
canada
Commemorative Guitar Picks, Buttons & Magnets - check Marketplace 4 info
wave thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 01/30/17 8:11pm

twinnies

avatar

So nice that they honored him. Bittersweet though. Wish he were still here.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince remembered at The Screen Actors Guild is quite special.