independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 21st Sep 2018 5:07pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince Preferred Reading List
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/02/17 12:50pm

Kzonker

Prince Preferred Reading List

eek

Is there a list of books that Prince had showing books he was reading or had read in the past? I would imagine he would have had something like that and thought I would ask if you know where I could find that information or if any of you were close enough to him to provide that information.

Thank you!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/02/17 6:23pm

KingBAD

Kzonker said:

eek

Is there a list of books that Prince had showing books he was reading or had read in the past? I would imagine he would have had something like that and thought I would ask if you know where I could find that information or if any of you were close enough to him to provide that information.

Thank you!

you ever heard of "prince music and more"???

i am KING BAD!!!
you are NOT...
evilking
"KingBAD, well you are just a troll" (an emotional fan)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/02/17 7:06pm

Superfan1984

David Icke said recently that Prince invited him to one of his concerts and told him he was a big fan and had 'read all of his books" so there's that.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/02/17 7:07pm

Superfan1984

I also heard (probably on here) that he had read Bettie Eades book about her Near Death Experience and the Conversations with God books.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/02/17 8:29pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Moving from GD to P: M&M

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/03/17 10:12am

Kzonker

Superfan1984 said:

I also heard (probably on here) that he had read Bettie Eades book about her Near Death Experience and the Conversations with God books.

Thank you! I had ready the Betty Eadie book several years ago (it is an EXCELLENT book!!) I just ordered the first "Conversations with God" book on eBAY. Thanks for the tip. It got some good reviews!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/03/17 10:13am

Kzonker

KingBAD said:

Kzonker said:

eek

Is there a list of books that Prince had showing books he was reading or had read in the past? I would imagine he would have had something like that and thought I would ask if you know where I could find that information or if any of you were close enough to him to provide that information.

Thank you!

you ever heard of "prince music and more"???

Yup! I've got this already. I guess I'm looking more for books he read that were "spiritual" in nature. Anything with Egypt?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/03/17 10:44am

Kzonker

Superfan1984 said:

David Icke said recently that Prince invited him to one of his concerts and told him he was a big fan and had 'read all of his books" so there's that.

I sent David Icke an email several months ago asking him what books Prince ready. I know they had that meeting during his 21 Nights tour. David Icke never responded. Well, I guess I will figure it out on my own. Prince probably read all of them if he took time out to meet with him.

Thank you so much for your response!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/03/17 11:44am

Superfan1984

Sure. smile David Icke was surprisng to me. It makes me wonder if Prince believed the things David Icke believes and writes about, like the Royal family being Reptilians who eat babies? :O But I feel like, if he read his books and liked them and admired David Icke enough to invite him to a concert and gush over his books, it's possible he did. That would make Prince a much more complex person than I ever imagined. As for Betty Eade- I don't like that bitch at all- I saw her on some show where someone asked her how her life had changed since writing her book and making so much money and she went off on them about how it was none of their business, blah blah-- Didn't seem much to me like a lady who had had a spiritual awakening at all- and made me doubt her a little. Her story is probably true but I don't like her one bit. I do wonder what all was on Prince's reading list- maybe some more people who know will chime in... smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/03/17 11:59am

0uterageous

In Praise of Black Women, Volume 1: Ancient African Queens

Pharaohs of the Sun: Akhenaten, Nefertiti, Tutankhamen

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/05/17 12:19pm

privatejoy82

She didn't name any titles, but in that recent GQ article Chaka Khan said "He loved to read about prophecies and the Third World Order and Big Brother, those sort of books."

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/05/17 12:22pm

ecnirp98

Superfan1984 said:

Sure. smile David Icke was surprisng to me. It makes me wonder if Prince believed the things David Icke believes and writes about, like the Royal family being Reptilians who eat babies? :O But I feel like, if he read his books and liked them and admired David Icke enough to invite him to a concert and gush over his books, it's possible he did. That would make Prince a much more complex person than I ever imagined. As for Betty Eade- I don't like that bitch at all- I saw her on some show where someone asked her how her life had changed since writing her book and making so much money and she went off on them about how it was none of their business, blah blah-- Didn't seem much to me like a lady who had had a spiritual awakening at all- and made me doubt her a little. Her story is probably true but I don't like her one bit. I do wonder what all was on Prince's reading list- maybe some more people who know will chime in... smile

Complex is one word for it lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/05/17 12:28pm

ecnirp98

privatejoy82 said:

She didn't name any titles, but in that recent GQ article Chaka Khan said "He loved to read about prophecies and the Third World Order and Big Brother, those sort of books."

Yeah, I remember reading some stuff about the plane vapour trails, chemtrails, I always thought it was fairly ironic that with all his travelling on a plane he caused more chemtrails than most !!! I wonder if he believed in the conspiracy theories like Illuminati or was just interested in them? inviting David Icke to a concert and meeting him is a bit odd though, he is a nutter, maybe we are mis-reading it, Prince could have been a Coventry City fan lol

[Edited 1/5/17 12:30pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/05/17 2:43pm

Superfan1984

I have wondered if, Prince did have an undisclosed illness, is that why he was going on about Chemtrails? Maybe he thought they caused it. Very interesting. I have to admit, my guilty pleasure at night before going to be is watching those David Icke videos where he talks about Reptilians ruling the World... So crazy and yet.... hmmm... may be something to it...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/05/17 6:04pm

Deepurple

I know his favorite book was the New World Transalation of the Holy Scriptures. He also read "What does the Bible Really Teach?" You can read those publications on JW.ORG
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/11/17 2:32pm

Kzonker

Deepurple said:

I know his favorite book was the New World Transalation of the Holy Scriptures. He also read "What does the Bible Really Teach?" You can read those publications on JW.ORG

Thank you so much! I just ordered these two. I would love to get ahold of his massive pile of books. Did he have a reading room or library somewhere hidden away where he had his books stored or he read? Just curious.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/11/17 8:55pm

TheQuest

There was/is a room at Paisley Park that is called the Knowledge Room (it actually has Knowledge written on the outside of the room). It is a library of sorts filled with books and also had a lecturn with the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures on it I believe.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 01/12/17 5:32pm

GustavoRibas

avatar

Superfan1984 said:

I also heard (probably on here) that he had read Bettie Eades book about her Near Death Experience and the Conversations with God books.

- Is it the book mentioned in the liner notes of Gold Experience?

Peace
Gustavo Ribas
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 01/12/17 6:24pm

luvgirl

TheQuest said:

There was/is a room at Paisley Park that is called the Knowledge Room (it actually has Knowledge written on the outside of the room). It is a library of sorts filled with books and also had a lecturn with the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures on it I believe.




eek . That's awesome! If I could have just lived in there and then see Prince pass by every once in a while. My life would have been perfect... lol
[Edited 1/12/17 18:25pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 01/12/17 7:15pm

paisleypark4

avatar

Superfan1984 said:

I also heard (probably on here) that he had read Bettie Eades book about her Near Death Experience and the Conversations with God books.

I was just about to mention that. He was in the Holy River chat and said he had read those books and liked them alot. He recommended some books related to that that were written in the 1990s but for the life of me I cannot remember them (I couldnt find them in the library at the time, lost the list).

Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 01/13/17 5:37am

Kzonker

paisleypark4 said:

Superfan1984 said:

I also heard (probably on here) that he had read Bettie Eades book about her Near Death Experience and the Conversations with God books.

I was just about to mention that. He was in the Holy River chat and said he had read those books and liked them alot. He recommended some books related to that that were written in the 1990s but for the life of me I cannot remember them (I couldnt find them in the library at the time, lost the list).

What is the "Holy River Chat"? Someing on .org?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 01/13/17 7:14pm

Bluu

Cheryl Johnson ("C.J.", the presumed subject of, and referenced in the song "Billy Jack Bitch") wrote an article for the Star Tribune in 1997 in which she states that Prince and one of her friends "got into a discussion of The Celestine Prophecy. Both had read it and found it incredible."

.

From Wikipedia: The Celestine Prophecy is a 1993 novel by James Redfield that discusses various psychological and spiritual ideas rooted in multiple ancient Eastern traditions and New Age spirituality.

.

This is a great thread.

.

[Edited 1/17/17 21:39pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 01/13/17 7:40pm

Bluu

Kzonker said:

paisleypark4 said:

I was just about to mention that. He was in the Holy River chat and said he had read those books and liked them alot. He recommended some books related to that that were written in the 1990s but for the life of me I cannot remember them (I couldnt find them in the library at the time, lost the list).

What is the "Holy River Chat"? Someing on .org?

Paisley is referring to The Holy River Chat Room, an online gathering place for Prince fans in the late '90s. It was located within his web site--I think it was the Love4OneAnother web site.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 01/13/17 7:48pm

benni

paisleypark4 said:

Superfan1984 said:

I also heard (probably on here) that he had read Bettie Eades book about her Near Death Experience and the Conversations with God books.

I was just about to mention that. He was in the Holy River chat and said he had read those books and liked them alot. He recommended some books related to that that were written in the 1990s but for the life of me I cannot remember them (I couldnt find them in the library at the time, lost the list).


One of them was probably The Celestine Vision, which was released in 1999 and was fairly big back then. Also, The Tibetan Book of the Dead.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 01/13/17 7:54pm

benni

Bluu said:

Kzonker said:

What is the "Holy River Chat"? Someing on .org?

Paisley is referring to The Holy River Chat Room, an online gathering place for Prince fans in the late '90s. It was located within his web site--I think it was the Love4OneAnother web site.


Yes, Love4OneAnother. The archive is still online. http://web.archive.org/we...other.com/



welcome 2 the playground of the new power generation:

the definitive place of gathering 4 all who love life, love God, lovesexy...

a place where music, poetry and positive vibes can be shared freely without fear of retribution and every page offers a new awakening...

a collective conscience of unity, love and truth so great every human will want 2 join

This site is the bginning of a webwide effort 2 change the vibration of the world...

love 4 one another, the ticket... life, the ride...
dig if u will a venture inside

[Edited 1/13/17 19:58pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 01/15/17 10:57pm

Bluu

benni said:

Bluu said:

Paisley is referring to The Holy River Chat Room, an online gathering place for Prince fans in the late '90s. It was located within his web site--I think it was the Love4OneAnother web site.


Yes, Love4OneAnother. The archive is still online. http://web.archive.org/we...other.com/



welcome 2 the playground of the new power generation:

the definitive place of gathering 4 all who love life, love God, lovesexy...

a place where music, poetry and positive vibes can be shared freely without fear of retribution and every page offers a new awakening...

a collective conscience of unity, love and truth so great every human will want 2 join

This site is the bginning of a webwide effort 2 change the vibration of the world...

love 4 one another, the ticket... life, the ride...
dig if u will a venture inside

[Edited 1/13/17 19:58pm]

.

Hey Benni! Oh my goodness what a TRIP down memory lane!! (Benni and I know each other from when we used to hang out in the Holy River back in '98-'99 cool )

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 01/16/17 6:27am

musicfan77

avatar

From what I saw at Paisley Park,

He was fascinated with books from Egypt, The Universe, the Bible of course, mystical and spirtual books aligned Paisley Park in the Editing Room and his small office. I even saw a Fashion Book on his table. He also had an intriguing fascination with the unknown.

Check it out if you ever go there.

fan for life
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 01/16/17 9:14am

benni

Bluu said:

benni said:


Yes, Love4OneAnother. The archive is still online. http://web.archive.org/we...other.com/



welcome 2 the playground of the new power generation:

the definitive place of gathering 4 all who love life, love God, lovesexy...

a place where music, poetry and positive vibes can be shared freely without fear of retribution and every page offers a new awakening...

a collective conscience of unity, love and truth so great every human will want 2 join

This site is the bginning of a webwide effort 2 change the vibration of the world...

love 4 one another, the ticket... life, the ride...
dig if u will a venture inside

[Edited 1/13/17 19:58pm]

.

Hey Benni! Oh my goodness what a TRIP down memory lane!! (Benni and I know each other from when we used to hang out in the Holy River back in '98-'99 cool )


Hey, Love! And yes, seeing that place again...Incredible memories from that time in my life, the people Prince brought into my world that I would never have met otherwise. I owe him a deep gratitude for that site, the people he introduced me to, and the changes that resulted in my life because of those people and him.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 01/16/17 9:08pm

paisleypark4

avatar

benni said:



Bluu said:




benni said:




Yes, Love4OneAnother. The archive is still online. http://web.archive.org/we...other.com/





welcome 2 the playground of the new power generation:




the definitive place of gathering 4 all who love life, love God, lovesexy...




a place where music, poetry and positive vibes can be shared freely without fear of retribution and every page offers a new awakening...




a collective conscience of unity, love and truth so great every human will want 2 join




This site is the bginning of a webwide effort 2 change the vibration of the world...




love 4 one another, the ticket... life, the ride...
dig if u will a venture inside



[Edited 1/13/17 19:58pm]



.


Hey Benni! Oh my goodness what a TRIP down memory lane!! (Benni and I know each other from when we used to hang out in the Holy River back in '98-'99 cool )




Hey, Love! And yes, seeing that place again...Incredible memories from that time in my life, the people Prince brought into my world that I would never have met otherwise. I owe him a deep gratitude for that site, the people he introduced me to, and the changes that resulted in my life because of those people and him.




Omg there is so much on that site wow. Young through it all still
Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 01/16/17 9:16pm

Peaches

avatar

musicfan77 said:

From what I saw at Paisley Park,

He was fascinated with books from Egypt, The Universe, the Bible of course, mystical and spirtual books aligned Paisley Park in the Editing Room and his small office. I even saw a Fashion Book on his table. He also had an intriguing fascination with the unknown.

Check it out if you ever go there.

This is so intriguing. Do you remember the titles of the books? You can private msg me - so as not to spoil it for anyone going to PP.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince Preferred Reading List