independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 18th Aug 2018 7:19am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > All the Andy Allo Threads
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 9 123456789>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/12/18 4:34pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

All the Andy Allo Threads

To all the people crying that the Org has something against Andy Allo or that we don't allow threads on Andy Allo. Please stop


Video: NEW interview with ANDY ALLO conducted in London

http://prince.org/msg/5/452901


Superconductor official album discussion thread
http://prince.org/msg/5/3...?&pg=7

Superconductor by Andy Allo -will it be re-releases?

http://prince.org/msg/5/433049

buying Andy Allo's Superconductor

http://prince.org/msg/5/453486

ANDY ALLO cast in the lead role in a new Amazon comedy pilot

http://prince.org/msg/5/451082

New interview: ANDY ALLO on how she met Prince, being a member of THE NEW POWER GENERATION & Pitch Perfect 3

http://prince.org/msg/5/4...g_10077823

Video: ANDY ALLO at the worldwide film premiere of Pitch Perfect 3

http://prince.org/msg/5/4...g_10073487


Andy Allo at Hop Farm
http://prince.org/msg/5/427526


Andy's Online Concert (16 December)

http://prince.org/msg/12/449965

ANDY ALLO - On Being a Protege to Prince

http://prince.org/msg/5/4...g_10067291

Andy Allo interview asks about Prince

http://prince.org/msg/5/382995

Video: ANDY ALLO in DC

http://prince.org/msg/5/4...g_10135990

ANOTHERLOVE

http://prince.org/msg/7/4...g_10135243

Prince and Andy Allo ~ 2011-2014

http://prince.org/msg/7/4...&pg=41


Prince with miss Andy Allo
http://prince.org/msg/7/360047

Kim confirms that Prince was dating Andy Allo at 16:00

http://prince.org/msg/5/446753

Does he really love Andy Allo or it's just a PR trick?

http://prince.org/msg/7/371874

Video of the day PRINCE met ANDY ALLO

http://prince.org/msg/5/442712

Pic of Prince and Andy Allo st Dakota Jazz club

http://prince.org/msg/5/437891

So, are Andy and Prince still dating?

//prince.org/msg/7/410886

Andy Allo's Tribute to Prince
http://prince.org/msg/5/423948

ANDY ALLO - On Being a Protege to Prince
http://prince.org/msg/5/449193

What's goin on with Prince and Shelby J and where is Andy Allo?
http://prince.org/msg/5/412014

Prince and Andy Allo Exclusive-Get the Incense and Candles Ready

http://prince.org/msg/7/420065

Fan Fiction ~ TIME || Prince & Andy Allo
http://prince.org/msg/5/437607

Andy Allo's posting on Prince's birthday
http://prince.org/msg/5/443341

Consensus on Andy Allo After WTC Shows?
http://prince.org/msg/5/387809

Prince & Andy Allo on "Time" & "This is what it feels like"
http://prince.org/msg/7/411219

Andy Allo Sings "I Luv U in Me" and "Nothing More" (and a "Time" snippet) on Music Monday ~ May 15, 2017
http://prince.org/msg/5/442364

Andy Allo 'One Step Closer'
http://prince.org/msg/5/440573

Do you think Prince will marry Andy Allo?

http://prince.org/msg/5/389328

The Story of you and I by Prince and Andy Allo

//prince.org/msg/7/434254


Andy Allo posts a nice photo of her and Prince performing together

http://prince.org/msg/5/450853

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/12/18 5:54pm

Latin

Any idea when that first one entitled "Video: NEW interview with ANDY ALLO conducted in London" is going to be reposted?


http://prince.org/msg/5/452901
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/12/18 6:09pm

FlyOnTheWall

I think this list is confirmation that Andy is VERY popular. One would think that her threads probably drive up traffic on the Org. Unfortunately, most of the threads I started have been removed. Hence, they are not even listed. Not even the most recent "Andy Allo (and Prince) Appreciation Thread," which is linked below. It's as though they never happened.


http://prince.org/msg/5/452839

[Edited 4/12/18 18:33pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/12/18 6:49pm

pinkcashmere23

Interesting to see some of those again.I think there were a few more threads dedicated to their musical collaborations and projects in 2013.Looks like most were inquiries about the nature of their relationship from 2012-15 and about her recent projects.Thanks OF4S!

[Edited 4/12/18 19:22pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/12/18 7:20pm

FlyOnTheWall

Here's another Andy (and Prince) thread: "ANDY'S FRO IS GORGEOUS / PRINCE & HIS CURLFRIEND." It is hilarious...except the comments about Bria.

If the link doesn't work, please copy and paste it into your browser.


http://prince.org/msg/5/368275?pr

[Edited 4/12/18 19:39pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/12/18 8:00pm

pinkcashmere23

FlyOnTheWall said:

Here's another Andy (and Prince) thread: "ANDY'S FRO IS GORGEOUS / PRINCE & HIS CURLFRIEND." It is hilarious...except the comments about Bria.

If the link doesn't work, please copy and paste it into your browser.


http://prince.org/msg/5/368275?pr

[Edited 4/12/18 19:39pm]

lol That was interesting.I vaguely remember that.There was another from summer 2011 with the title Prince and Andy Sitting In A Tree that was amusing as well.I think it was concerning a post on Dr Funk's site.I remember one concerning the sharpie heart and whether it was a tattoo or not too.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/12/18 8:15pm

Mumio

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

To all the people crying that the Org has something against Andy Allo or that we don't allow threads on Andy Allo. Please stop


Video: NEW interview with ANDY ALLO conducted in London

http://prince.org/msg/5/452901


Superconductor official album discussion thread
http://prince.org/msg/5/3...?&pg=7

Superconductor by Andy Allo -will it be re-releases?

http://prince.org/msg/5/433049

buying Andy Allo's Superconductor

http://prince.org/msg/5/453486

ANDY ALLO cast in the lead role in a new Amazon comedy pilot

http://prince.org/msg/5/451082

New interview: ANDY ALLO on how she met Prince, being a member of THE NEW POWER GENERATION & Pitch Perfect 3

http://prince.org/msg/5/4...g_10077823

Video: ANDY ALLO at the worldwide film premiere of Pitch Perfect 3

http://prince.org/msg/5/4...g_10073487


Andy Allo at Hop Farm
http://prince.org/msg/5/427526


Andy's Online Concert (16 December)

http://prince.org/msg/12/449965

ANDY ALLO - On Being a Protege to Prince

http://prince.org/msg/5/4...g_10067291

Andy Allo interview asks about Prince

http://prince.org/msg/5/382995

Video: ANDY ALLO in DC

http://prince.org/msg/5/4...g_10135990

ANOTHERLOVE

http://prince.org/msg/7/453511...g_10135243

Prince and Andy Allo ~ 2011-2014

http://prince.org/msg/7/4...&pg=41


Prince with miss Andy Allo
http://prince.org/msg/7/360047

Kim confirms that Prince was dating Andy Allo at 16:00

http://prince.org/msg/5/446753

Does he really love Andy Allo or it's just a PR trick?

http://prince.org/msg/7/371874

Video of the day PRINCE met ANDY ALLO

http://prince.org/msg/5/442712

Pic of Prince and Andy Allo st Dakota Jazz club

//prince.org/msg/5/437891

So, are Andy and Prince still dating?

//prince.org/msg/7/410886

Andy Allo's Tribute to Prince
http://prince.org/msg/5/423948

ANDY ALLO - On Being a Protege to Prince
http://prince.org/msg/5/449193

What's goin on with Prince and Shelby J and where is Andy Allo?
http://prince.org/msg/5/412014

Prince and Andy Allo Exclusive-Get the Incense and Candles Ready

http://prince.org/msg/7/420065

Fan Fiction ~ TIME || Prince & Andy Allo
http://prince.org/msg/5/437607

Andy Allo's posting on Prince's birthday
http://prince.org/msg/5/443341

Consensus on Andy Allo After WTC Shows?
http://prince.org/msg/5/387809

Prince & Andy Allo on "Time" & "This is what it feels like"
http://prince.org/msg/7/411219

Andy Allo Sings "I Luv U in Me" and "Nothing More" (and a "Time" snippet) on Music Monday ~ May 15, 2017
http://prince.org/msg/5/442364

Andy Allo 'One Step Closer'
http://prince.org/msg/5/440573

Do you think Prince will marry Andy Allo?

http://prince.org/msg/5/389328

The Story of you and I by Prince and Andy Allo

//prince.org/msg/7/434254


Andy Allo posts a nice photo of her and Prince performing together

http://prince.org/msg/5/450853



lol I don't think you have listed enough of them yet razz



Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/12/18 8:36pm

disch

There are 3 other active threads about this person right now in this secton. This is the fourth. The idea of “censorship” is laughable. The internet is a huge place. If the complaining posters feels she can’t flood this board at the volume that she needs to, there are infinite other places shd can turn to.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/12/18 9:20pm

FlyOnTheWall

No one seems to have any problem(s) with discussions about just Andy; however, when the topic is PRINCE and Andy, folks start losing their minds. At least five such threads that I started in the past two years have been totally deleted. Not just locked. ERASED. Mind you, the erasures only encourage more such threads in an effort to replace those removed.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/12/18 9:51pm

pinkcashmere23

FlyOnTheWall said:

No one seems to have any problem(s) with discussions about just Andy; however, when the topic is PRINCE and Andy, folks start losing their minds. At least five such threads that I started in the past two years have been totally deleted. Not just locked. ERASED. Mind you, the erasures only encourage more such threads in an effort to replace those removed.

I saw that someone made a few threads dedicated to Prince and Andy in 2011.I remember there were some dedicated to Prince and Misty in 2010 and 11 as well.Latin's from 2016 titled Prince and Andy ~2011-2014~has some good interviews,videos and photos.It is a nice review of their professional relationship and their musical collaborations.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/12/18 10:11pm

Mumio

avatar

FlyOnTheWall said:

No one seems to have any problem(s) with discussions about just Andy; however, when the topic is PRINCE and Andy, folks start losing their minds. At least five such threads that I started in the past two years have been totally deleted. Not just locked. ERASED. Mind you, the erasures only encourage more such threads in an effort to replace those removed.



Were they erased due to arguing and fighting going on? Because threads are hidden/deleted due to exactly that all the time around here. If they are too messy, they are gone.

There will always be dissent when people want to keep insisting there was a definite romantic relationship there, simply because it was never acknowledged by Prince as true. Nothing wrong with people wanting to make sure the truth stays out there, is there?

[Edited 4/12/18 22:12pm]

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/12/18 10:15pm

Mumio

avatar

pinkcashmere23 said:

I saw that someone made a few threads dedicated to Prince and Andy in 2011.I remember there were some dedicated to Prince and Misty in 2010 and 11 as well.Latin's from 2016 titled Prince and Andy ~2011-2014~has some good interviews,videos and photos.It is a nice review of their professional relationship and their musical collaborations.



I agree and no one has issues with this type of commentary that I'm aware of because it's presented as it was.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/13/18 4:41am

disch

I sincerely doubt that’s it. On those deleted threads the only people posting were you and pink. There were no real arguments about their romantic relationship (which to me seems indisputable. I’m also not one of these ostensibly adult women who’s overly invested in princes love life generally. Whoever he had relationships/sex with was his choice and has nothing to do with my fandom if his music.)
-
Your threads seems off kilter to me because they seem fake and appear to have ulterior motive such as some coordinated pr effort. For example you seemed to closely track how many views your thread was getting, which was unusual. It didnt matter how many people you were actually talking with (it was just one), just how many people were witnessing the discussion. That sounds like how a marketing person would think, not a standard fan.i mean look at how much you’ve posted just complaining that you’re restricted from posting about Andy Allo when you’ve likely posted thousands of times about her (in one of those deleted threads you posted hundreds of times in just a couple weeks). If what you were interested in is talking a about Andy with other fans, you’d find another place to do that. But that doesn’t sound like your goal. It sounds like your goal is generating lots of pages about her that other people will look at (ie generate visits and page views).
-
Posts get deleted here and people banned all the time. Most people recognize that they don’t own this site and stop whining about it publicly. They find other places where the rules are more to their liking.
-
And yes you’ll go crazy on me and tell me I’m sick etc etc for saying this, why an I jealous of Andy Allo or whatever. I stand by it. Your obsession and focus on volume and views, and the tone and tenor of your posts, smack to me like youreengaged in a deceptive formal marketing campaign. Which isn’t really what most fan sites are about.

-

FlyOnTheWall said:

No one seems to have any problem(s) with discussions about just Andy; however, when the topic is PRINCE and Andy, folks start losing their minds. At least five such threads that I started in the past two years have been totally deleted. Not just locked. ERASED. Mind you, the erasures only encourage more such threads in an effort to replace those removed.


[Edited 4/13/18 5:07am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/13/18 5:04am

FlyOnTheWall

Mumio said:

FlyOnTheWall said:

No one seems to have any problem(s) with discussions about just Andy; however, when the topic is PRINCE and Andy, folks start losing their minds. At least five such threads that I started in the past two years have been totally deleted. Not just locked. ERASED. Mind you, the erasures only encourage more such threads in an effort to replace those removed.



Were they erased due to arguing and fighting going on? Because threads are hidden/deleted due to exactly that all the time around here. If they are too messy, they are gone.

There will always be dissent when people want to keep insisting there was a definite romantic relationship there, simply because it was never acknowledged by Prince as true. Nothing wrong with people wanting to make sure the truth stays out there, is there?

[Edited 4/12/18 22:12pm]

It has been confirmed that Prince and Andy were in a relationship, but apparently, there are some who will never accept that truth; however, these deniers should not be allowed to derail threads on Prince.org. All those hateful comments could be snipped out without erasing entire threads. The erasures actually fuel and reward all the venomous commentary. Bottom line, like it or not, Prince and Andy were involved in a serious relationship. He considered her his "girlfriend." Kim Berry has confirmed that. And, so has the UK documentary.

There was also the article in the Star Tribune about the Valentine's Day dinner in 2012 with three couples at the Dakota Jazz Club: Mr. and Mrs. Larry Graham. Mr. and Mrs. Bobby Z, and "Prince and his girlfriend." Andy was not named in that article, but Minneapolis photographer Billy Briggs (aka BBGunBilly) has since posted two photos that make it clear that it was Andy. (And, we know that the fact that Prince took Andy out to dinner with the Grahams and Rivkins on Valentine's night is a MONUMENTAL deal.)

Those two photos were taken on February 12 at the Dakota during and after the Ana Moura show that night. There is the one of Prince and Andy seated and looking lovingly at each other...and she was wearing a ring on her left ring finger. The other is of Prince headed to a car outside the Dakota "carrying Andy Allo's coat." So far, EVERY SINGLE thread with the Star Tribune article and the BBGunBilly photos has been ERASED. See the media evidence for yourself.


Prince dines with Bobby Z but will he play with Revolution on Sunday?

By Jon Bream
FEBRUARY 16, 2012 — 2:59PM

jonbream_1329382686_bobbyz.jpg

Bobby Z (Star Tribune photo by Tom Wallace)

It was Valentine's Day and they had the balcony at the Dakota Jazz Club all to themselves during a performance by the Steeles.

The three couples were Mr. and Mrs. Larry Graham, Mr. and Mrs. Bobby Z and Prince and his girlfriend. Read More...

Here are BBGunBilly's photos.


2805vvc.jpg

2wbt0yf.jpg


[Edited 4/13/18 5:14am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/13/18 5:08am

FlyOnTheWall

disch said:

I sincerely doubt that’s it. On those deleted threads the only people posting were you and pink. No one was arguing about their romantic relationship (which to me seems indisputable. I’m also not one of these ostensibly adult women who’s overly invested in princes love life generally. Whoever he had relationships/sex with was his choice and has nothing to do with my fandom if his music.) - Your threads seems off kilter to me because they seem fake and appear to have ulterior notices such as some coordinated pr effort. For example you seemed to closely track how many views your thread was getting, which was unusual. It didnt matter how many people you were actually talking with (it was just one), just how many people were witnessing the discussion. That sounds like how a marketing person would think, not a standard fan.i mean look at how much you’ve posted just complaining that you’re restricted from posting about Andy Allo when you’ve likely posted thousands of times about her (in one of those deleted threads you posted hundreds of times in just a couple weeks). If what you were interested in is talking a about Andy with other fans, you’d find another place to do that. But that doesn’t sound like your goal. - And yes you’ll go crazy on me and tell me I’m sick etc etc for saying this. I stand by it. Your obsession and focus on volume and views looks like marketing. - FlyOnTheWall said:

No one seems to have any problem(s) with discussions about just Andy; however, when the topic is PRINCE and Andy, folks start losing their minds. At least five such threads that I started in the past two years have been totally deleted. Not just locked. ERASED. Mind you, the erasures only encourage more such threads in an effort to replace those removed.

I note the number of views on every thread that I open on the Org. I thought that was why Prince.org tracks and posts the number of views. Obviously, those views are an indicator of interest in the threads. I simply stated the number of views when people like you try to claim that no one was interested in the thread(s). Are you suggesting that is "off kilter"??

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 04/13/18 5:12am

Mumio

avatar

Did Prince himself confirm the relationship?

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 04/13/18 5:15am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

FlyOnTheWall said:

I think this list is confirmation that Andy is VERY popular. One would think that her threads probably drive up traffic on the Org. Unfortunately, most of the threads I started have been removed. Hence, they are not even listed. Not even the most recent "Andy Allo (and Prince) Appreciation Thread," which is linked below. It's as though they never happened.


http://prince.org/msg/5/452839

[Edited 4/12/18 18:33pm]

I didn't get all of the threads, it's about wording in some instances

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 04/13/18 5:16am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Mumio said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

To all the people crying that the Org has something against Andy Allo or that we don't allow threads on Andy Allo. Please stop


Video: NEW interview with ANDY ALLO conducted in London

http://prince.org/msg/5/452901


Superconductor official album discussion thread
http://prince.org/msg/5/3...?&pg=7

Superconductor by Andy Allo -will it be re-releases?

http://prince.org/msg/5/433049

buying Andy Allo's Superconductor

http://prince.org/msg/5/453486

ANDY ALLO cast in the lead role in a new Amazon comedy pilot

http://prince.org/msg/5/451082

New interview: ANDY ALLO on how she met Prince, being a member of THE NEW POWER GENERATION & Pitch Perfect 3

http://prince.org/msg/5/4...g_10077823

Video: ANDY ALLO at the worldwide film premiere of Pitch Perfect 3

http://prince.org/msg/5/4...g_10073487


Andy Allo at Hop Farm
http://prince.org/msg/5/427526


Andy's Online Concert (16 December)

http://prince.org/msg/12/449965

ANDY ALLO - On Being a Protege to Prince

http://prince.org/msg/5/4...g_10067291

Andy Allo interview asks about Prince

http://prince.org/msg/5/382995

Video: ANDY ALLO in DC

http://prince.org/msg/5/4...g_10135990

ANOTHERLOVE

http://prince.org/msg/7/453511...g_10135243

Prince and Andy Allo ~ 2011-2014

http://prince.org/msg/7/4...&pg=41


Prince with miss Andy Allo
http://prince.org/msg/7/360047

Kim confirms that Prince was dating Andy Allo at 16:00

http://prince.org/msg/5/446753

Does he really love Andy Allo or it's just a PR trick?

http://prince.org/msg/7/371874

Video of the day PRINCE met ANDY ALLO

http://prince.org/msg/5/442712

Pic of Prince and Andy Allo st Dakota Jazz club

//prince.org/msg/5/437891

So, are Andy and Prince still dating?

//prince.org/msg/7/410886

Andy Allo's Tribute to Prince
http://prince.org/msg/5/423948

ANDY ALLO - On Being a Protege to Prince
http://prince.org/msg/5/449193

What's goin on with Prince and Shelby J and where is Andy Allo?
http://prince.org/msg/5/412014

Prince and Andy Allo Exclusive-Get the Incense and Candles Ready

http://prince.org/msg/7/420065

Fan Fiction ~ TIME || Prince & Andy Allo
http://prince.org/msg/5/437607

Andy Allo's posting on Prince's birthday
http://prince.org/msg/5/443341

Consensus on Andy Allo After WTC Shows?
http://prince.org/msg/5/387809

Prince & Andy Allo on "Time" & "This is what it feels like"
http://prince.org/msg/7/411219

Andy Allo Sings "I Luv U in Me" and "Nothing More" (and a "Time" snippet) on Music Monday ~ May 15, 2017
http://prince.org/msg/5/442364

Andy Allo 'One Step Closer'
http://prince.org/msg/5/440573

Do you think Prince will marry Andy Allo?

http://prince.org/msg/5/389328

The Story of you and I by Prince and Andy Allo

//prince.org/msg/7/434254


Andy Allo posts a nice photo of her and Prince performing together

http://prince.org/msg/5/450853



lol I don't think you have listed enough of them yet razz



lol I haven't lol, my neck started hurting lol...

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 04/13/18 5:17am

disch

Yes I’m suggesting it’s off kilter. Because your focus in that metric rather than how many people you were actually talking to about this topic (you were talking to just one other) means you were interested in promotion not discussion.
-
And by the way: for marketing purposes you should focus on the ratio of posts to views. Every thread here gets views. Especially when they’re intentionally bumped to the top of the list through a coordinated timed posting effort. You need to monitor if your threads are getting more or fewer views that other threads with similar length. That’ll make you a better marketer.
-
As for prince and Andy’s romance: they kept the love they shared basically a private matter. Andy still does. They didn’t seem to spend a whole lot of time concerned that everyone know that they had a romantic relationship. I respect that and then..
-

FlyOnTheWall said:



disch said:


I sincerely doubt that’s it. On those deleted threads the only people posting were you and pink. No one was arguing about their romantic relationship (which to me seems indisputable. I’m also not one of these ostensibly adult women who’s overly invested in princes love life generally. Whoever he had relationships/sex with was his choice and has nothing to do with my fandom if his music.) - Your threads seems off kilter to me because they seem fake and appear to have ulterior notices such as some coordinated pr effort. For example you seemed to closely track how many views your thread was getting, which was unusual. It didnt matter how many people you were actually talking with (it was just one), just how many people were witnessing the discussion. That sounds like how a marketing person would think, not a standard fan.i mean look at how much you’ve posted just complaining that you’re restricted from posting about Andy Allo when you’ve likely posted thousands of times about her (in one of those deleted threads you posted hundreds of times in just a couple weeks). If what you were interested in is talking a about Andy with other fans, you’d find another place to do that. But that doesn’t sound like your goal. - And yes you’ll go crazy on me and tell me I’m sick etc etc for saying this. I stand by it. Your obsession and focus on volume and views looks like marketing. - FlyOnTheWall said:

No one seems to have any problem(s) with discussions about just Andy; however, when the topic is PRINCE and Andy, folks start losing their minds. At least five such threads that I started in the past two years have been totally deleted. Not just locked. ERASED. Mind you, the erasures only encourage more such threads in an effort to replace those removed.




I note the number of views on every thread that I open on the Org. I thought that was why Prince.org tracks and posts the number of views. Obviously, those views are an indicator of interest in the threads. I simply stated the number of views when people like you try to claim that no one was interested in the thread(s). Are you suggesting that is "off kilter"??

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 04/13/18 5:19am

FlyOnTheWall

Mumio said:

Did Prince himself confirm the relationship?

I would say that Andy Allo's framed photo posted for posterity in Prince's meditation room at Paisley Park speaks volumes. As they say, actions speak louder than words.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 04/13/18 5:24am

Mumio

avatar

FlyOnTheWall said:

Mumio said:

Did Prince himself confirm the relationship?

I would say that Andy Allo's framed photo posted for posterity in Prince's meditation room at Paisley Park speaks volumes. As they say, actions speak louder than words.




Okay, so the answer is "no" then?

The question was specifically phrased for a yes or no response because I am not looking to belabor the point with you.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 04/13/18 5:27am

FlyOnTheWall

disch said:

Yes I’m suggesting it’s off kilter. Because your focus in that metric rather than how many people you were actually talking to about this topic (you were talking to just one other) means you were interested in promotion not discussion. - And by the way: for marketing purposes you should focus on the ratio of posts to views. Every thread here gets views. Especially when they’re intentionally bumped to the top of the list through a coordinated timed posting effort. You need to monitor if your threads are getting more or fewer views that other threads with similar length. That’ll make you a better marketer. - As for prince and Andy’s romance: they kept the love they shared basically a private matter. Andy still does. They didn’t seem to spend a whole lot of time concerned that everyone know that they had a romantic relationship. I respect that and then.. - FlyOnTheWall said:

I note the number of views on every thread that I open on the Org. I thought that was why Prince.org tracks and posts the number of views. Obviously, those views are an indicator of interest in the threads. I simply stated the number of views when people like you try to claim that no one was interested in the thread(s). Are you suggesting that is "off kilter"??

Prince and Andy never issued a press release about their relationship, but they were openly seeing each other. Everyone around them knew. Not to mention, Prince wooed Andy on the world stage in front of thousands of people. Plenty of videos exist. And just recently, Andy appeared in the UK documentary that named her as Prince's "girlfriend." That doesn't seem like someone hiding a relationship. Does she go blabbing about it in interviews? No. She's too classy for that.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 04/13/18 5:29am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

So... I don't want to hear any more moaning and bitching about some conspiracy to shut down Andy Allo - Prince discussions. That isn't the problem, as you can see, it is the rehashing of speculations over and over that go nowhere, and no one really takes part in that stuff.

.

There is no insideous spirit behind any hiding or locking of threads.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 04/13/18 5:33am

FlyOnTheWall

Mumio said:

FlyOnTheWall said:

I would say that Andy Allo's framed photo posted for posterity in Prince's meditation room at Paisley Park speaks volumes. As they say, actions speak louder than words.




Okay, so the answer is "no" then?

The question was specifically phrased for a yes or no response because I am not looking to belabor the point with you.

I'm not going to belabor the point, either. Let me just ask this rhetorical question: Did Hitler ever announce or confirm that there was a Holocaust? No. But, except for Holocaust deniers, everyone knows that it happened because of all the evidence he left behind. And, I know that some will say that is an extreme example, but it's the best historical example I could come up with of people denying a known event, in the face of irrefutable evidence. That is all. I've got things to do. Peace.

[Edited 4/13/18 5:36am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 04/13/18 5:38am

disch

Prince never spoke publicly about nearly any relationship. He didn’t seem concerned that every single fan know exactly what went on between him and the many women in his life. He liked privacy and mystery.
-
Why do you care so much that every here acknowledges their romance when they themselves didn’t care about that public acknowledgement? (and in Andy’s case still don’t)?
-



FlyOnTheWall said:



disch said:


Yes I’m suggesting it’s off kilter. Because your focus in that metric rather than how many people you were actually talking to about this topic (you were talking to just one other) means you were interested in promotion not discussion. - And by the way: for marketing purposes you should focus on the ratio of posts to views. Every thread here gets views. Especially when they’re intentionally bumped to the top of the list through a coordinated timed posting effort. You need to monitor if your threads are getting more or fewer views that other threads with similar length. That’ll make you a better marketer. - As for prince and Andy’s romance: they kept the love they shared basically a private matter. Andy still does. They didn’t seem to spend a whole lot of time concerned that everyone know that they had a romantic relationship. I respect that and then.. - FlyOnTheWall said:


I note the number of views on every thread that I open on the Org. I thought that was why Prince.org tracks and posts the number of views. Obviously, those views are an indicator of interest in the threads. I simply stated the number of views when people like you try to claim that no one was interested in the thread(s). Are you suggesting that is "off kilter"??




Prince and Andy never issued a press release about their relationship, but they were openly seeing each other. Everyone around them knew. Not to mention, Prince wooed Andy on the world stage in front of thousands of people. Plenty of videos exist. And just recently, Andy appeared in the UK documentary that named her as Prince's "girlfriend." That doesn't seem like someone hiding a relationship. Does she go blabbing about it in interviews? No. She's too classy for that.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 04/13/18 5:42am

disch

You just lost me comparing prince and Andy’s relationship to the holocaust. And people who aren’t interested in talking about their romance are like hitler? That’s your analogy? I can’t even follow who is hitler in this scenario.
-
To say this is an offensive train of thought is a gross gross understatement. If this is your thought process then you are beyond off kilter.

FlyOnTheWall said:



Mumio said:




FlyOnTheWall said:



I would say that Andy Allo's framed photo posted for posterity in Prince's meditation room at Paisley Park speaks volumes. As they say, actions speak louder than words.






Okay, so the answer is "no" then?

The question was specifically phrased for a yes or no response because I am not looking to belabor the point with you.



I'm not going to belabor the point, either. Let me just ask this rhetorical question: Did Hitler ever announce or confirm that there was a Holocaust? No. But, except for Holocaust deniers, everyone knows that it happened because of all the evidence he left behind. And, I know that some will say that is an extreme example, but it's the best historical example I could come up with of people denying a known event, in the face of irrefutable evidence. That is all. I've got things to do. Peace.

[Edited 4/13/18 5:36am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 04/13/18 5:45am

FlyOnTheWall

disch said:

You just lost me comparing prince and Andy’s relationship to the holocaust. And people who aren’t interested in talking about their romance are like hitler? That’s your analogy? I can’t even follow who is hitler in this scenario. - To say this is an offensive train of thought is a gross gross understatement. If this is your thought process then you are beyond off kilter. FlyOnTheWall said:

I'm not going to belabor the point, either. Let me just ask this rhetorical question: Did Hitler ever announce or confirm that there was a Holocaust? No. But, except for Holocaust deniers, everyone knows that it happened because of all the evidence he left behind. And, I know that some will say that is an extreme example, but it's the best historical example I could come up with of people denying a known event, in the face of irrefutable evidence. That is all. I've got things to do. Peace.

[Edited 4/13/18 5:36am]

I never had you to lose. Your position is clearly immutable. What I am comparing is historical examples of people denying the obvious. And, it is obvious that Prince and Andy were dating. Make of that what you will.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 04/13/18 5:48am

FlyOnTheWall

disch said:

Prince never spoke publicly about nearly any relationship. He didn’t seem concerned that every single fan know exactly what went on between him and the many women in his life. He liked privacy and mystery. - Why do you care so much that every here acknowledges their romance when they themselves didn’t care about that public acknowledgement? (and in Andy’s case still don’t)? - FlyOnTheWall said:

Prince and Andy never issued a press release about their relationship, but they were openly seeing each other. Everyone around them knew. Not to mention, Prince wooed Andy on the world stage in front of thousands of people. Plenty of videos exist. And just recently, Andy appeared in the UK documentary that named her as Prince's "girlfriend." That doesn't seem like someone hiding a relationship. Does she go blabbing about it in interviews? No. She's too classy for that.

I think the better question is this: Why are you so hell-bent on denying their relationship. Such denials of established facts in this forum only fuel further discussion.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 04/13/18 5:53am

disch

12 million murdered people is nothing like prince and Andy’s relationship. The “irrefutable evidence” of both is not the same. (12 million dead bodies vs coy looks on stage.)
-
Yes I thought you were disingenuous before (a marketer pretending to be a regular fan). Now I can see there’s something else truly wrong with you.

FlyOnTheWall said:



disch said:


You just lost me comparing prince and Andy’s relationship to the holocaust. And people who aren’t interested in talking about their romance are like hitler? That’s your analogy? I can’t even follow who is hitler in this scenario. - To say this is an offensive train of thought is a gross gross understatement. If this is your thought process then you are beyond off kilter. FlyOnTheWall said:


I'm not going to belabor the point, either. Let me just ask this rhetorical question: Did Hitler ever announce or confirm that there was a Holocaust? No. But, except for Holocaust deniers, everyone knows that it happened because of all the evidence he left behind. And, I know that some will say that is an extreme example, but it's the best historical example I could come up with of people denying a known event, in the face of irrefutable evidence. That is all. I've got things to do. Peace.


[Edited 4/13/18 5:36am]




I never had you to lose. Your position is clearly immutable. What I am comparing is historical examples of people denying the obvious. And, it is obvious that Prince and Andy were dating. Make of that what you will.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 04/13/18 5:57am

disch

Never denied it. Have said over and over that they had a romance. I’m just not personally invested in it. And judging by the number of other people who actually post on the subject of their romance,few people here are all that invested either.
-
Now run along and dream up new ways that their romance is like mass genocide.

FlyOnTheWall said:



disch said:


Prince never spoke publicly about nearly any relationship. He didn’t seem concerned that every single fan know exactly what went on between him and the many women in his life. He liked privacy and mystery. - Why do you care so much that every here acknowledges their romance when they themselves didn’t care about that public acknowledgement? (and in Andy’s case still don’t)? - FlyOnTheWall said:


Prince and Andy never issued a press release about their relationship, but they were openly seeing each other. Everyone around them knew. Not to mention, Prince wooed Andy on the world stage in front of thousands of people. Plenty of videos exist. And just recently, Andy appeared in the UK documentary that named her as Prince's "girlfriend." That doesn't seem like someone hiding a relationship. Does she go blabbing about it in interviews? No. She's too classy for that.




I think the better question is this: Why are you so hell-bent on denying their relationship. Such denials of established facts in this forum only fuel further discussion.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 9 123456789>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > All the Andy Allo Threads