independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 19th Nov 2017 11:52am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > If Mani would be writing a book, would you buy it?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/04/17 8:44pm

ThatWhiteDude

If Mani would be writing a book, would you buy it?

Now that Prince is dead, a lot of books are coming out and I am sure there are more to come, because he was a complex man that lead a complex life.

What would you think if Mani would write a book about her life with Prince? Would you buy it?

Personally, I got mixed feelings, like I got with Mayte's book, but I was surprised in a positive way when I finally read it.

I don't know much about her, only how she got involved, wich was a little bit fishy but I mean, let's be honest here, if P would've still loved Mayte back in the day he wouldn't have messed around with Mani, right? I think it's fair to blame both Prince and her on that subject.

What do you think? Would you give her a chance or not? I mean, some gave Mayte a chance, would they give Mani the same chance?

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/04/17 9:16pm

bashraka

Mayte and Manuela are two of a kind. Far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't buy Manuela's book like I didn't buy Mayte's book. For me, the crass exploitation of a deceased man who is beyond sickening to me-that goes for these half baked tributes given by The Revolution and The NPG on their "reunion tours".

3121 #1 THIS YEAR
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/04/17 9:17pm

FlyOnTheWall

Absolutely not.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/04/17 9:20pm

ThatWhiteDude

bashraka said:

Mayte and Manuela are two of a kind. Far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't buy Manuela's book like I didn't buy Mayte's book. For me, the crass exploitation of a deceased man who is beyond sickening to me-that goes for these half baked tributes given by The Revolution and The NPG on their "reunion tours".

Well, to each their own, I don't see Mayte's book as an exploitation. I was surprised how lovely it was written tbh.

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/04/17 9:41pm

Strawberrylova
123

ThatWhiteDude said:

Now that Prince is dead, a lot of books are coming out and I am sure there are more to come, because he was a complex man that lead a complex life.



What would you think if Mani would write a book about her life with Prince? Would you buy it?



Personally, I got mixed feelings, like I got with Mayte's book, but I was surprised in a positive way when I finally read it.



I don't know much about her, only how she got involved, wich was a little bit fishy but I mean, let's be honest here, if P would've still loved Mayte back in the day he wouldn't have messed around with Mani, right? I think it's fair to blame both Prince and her on that subject.



What do you think? Would you give her a chance or not? I mean, some gave Mayte a chance, would they give Mani the same chance?


Yes
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/05/17 4:33am

Vashtix

I would not buy her book. I would not buy anything from the women he was with. However I find books that are about the design of the clothes and the books of photography are wonderful.

I just think at this point the books about "my time with Prince" lack authenticity.

.

I would read anything written prior to his deathfrom people's time with him but the ones after April 2016. No thanks.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/05/17 6:59am

Mumio

avatar

Vashtix said:

I would not buy her book. I would not buy anything from the women he was with. However I find books that are about the design of the clothes and the books of photography are wonderful.

I just think at this point the books about "my time with Prince" lack authenticity.

.

I would read anything written prior to his deathfrom people's time with him but the ones after April 2016. No thanks.


Yeah, all of that nod

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/05/17 7:10am

purplegirl00

Nope. Like Mayte's book, if someone sends me a copy, I'll read it, but I'm not spending my hard earned $$$ on anything from any of these women. The only exception would be Denise Matthews' unpublished memoir. I would buy that and anything sharing her story in a heartbeat.

.

Aside that from that, Prince's memoir, unedited without added spin even if only 50 pages worth, would be the other book I would spend $$$ on. That is all.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/05/17 7:11am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

I didn't by Mayte's and she was in the band. I have no real interest in Mani to buy a book if she put it out.

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/05/17 7:14am

DD55

Strawberrylova123 said:

ThatWhiteDude said:

Now that Prince is dead, a lot of books are coming out and I am sure there are more to come, because he was a complex man that lead a complex life.

What would you think if Mani would write a book about her life with Prince? Would you buy it?

Personally, I got mixed feelings, like I got with Mayte's book, but I was surprised in a positive way when I finally read it.

I don't know much about her, only how she got involved, wich was a little bit fishy but I mean, let's be honest here, if P would've still loved Mayte back in the day he wouldn't have messed around with Mani, right? I think it's fair to blame both Prince and her on that subject.

What do you think? Would you give her a chance or not? I mean, some gave Mayte a chance, would they give Mani the same chance?

Yes

Yes, I would buy it. She is not my favorite person…. don’t know why, I’ve never met her… but she would be making valuable contribution to the recording of P history as a person. JMHO, DD55

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/05/17 8:52am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

No.

Find strength in that which remains...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/05/17 11:55am

laurarichardso
n

ThatWhiteDude said:



bashraka said:


Mayte and Manuela are two of a kind. Far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't buy Manuela's book like I didn't buy Mayte's book. For me, the crass exploitation of a deceased man who is beyond sickening to me-that goes for these half baked tributes given by The Revolution and The NPG on their "reunion tours".



Well, to each their own, I don't see Mayte's book as an exploitation. I was surprised how lovely it was written tbh.


-That Women has contradicted herself so many times it is unreal. There is a whole YouTube channel devoted to her nonsense. She also should be down the wine glass.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 11/05/17 12:48pm

ThatWhiteDude

laurarichardson said:

ThatWhiteDude said:



bashraka said:


Mayte and Manuela are two of a kind. Far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't buy Manuela's book like I didn't buy Mayte's book. For me, the crass exploitation of a deceased man who is beyond sickening to me-that goes for these half baked tributes given by The Revolution and The NPG on their "reunion tours".



Well, to each their own, I don't see Mayte's book as an exploitation. I was surprised how lovely it was written tbh.


-That Women has contradicted herself so many times it is unreal. There is a whole YouTube channel devoted to her nonsense. She also should be down the wine glass.

It's obvious that you are one of the haters. I wouldn't watch any of these Propaganda like Videos against this woman. I can und er stand however that not everyone likes her or the idea of the book, but these Videos are disgusting
"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 11/05/17 12:58pm

purplerabbitho
le

I think she contradicts herself as well (the way they met for example has been told 3 different ways by her) but those Mayte haters are cray-cray...LOL. The truth probably lies somewhere in between her view of the situation and P's if he were alive.. What's the expression?--

there are always three sides to every story. Your's, theirs and the truth...

ThatWhiteDude said:

laurarichardson said:
-That Women has contradicted herself so many times it is unreal. There is a whole YouTube channel devoted to her nonsense. She also should be down the wine glass.
It's obvious that you are one of the haters. I wouldn't watch any of these Propaganda like Videos against this woman. I can und er stand however that not everyone likes her or the idea of the book, but these Videos are disgusting

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 11/05/17 3:27pm

anangellooksdo
wn

I'd buy it, especially if it had pictures, but I would sincerely be hoping that it would be honest.
~Paisley Park is in your heart~
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 11/05/17 3:41pm

ThatWhiteDude

anangellooksdown said:

I'd buy it, especially if it had pictures, but I would sincerely be hoping that it would be honest.

I'd hope that too.
"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 11/06/17 5:04am

laurarichardso
n

ThatWhiteDude said:

laurarichardson said:
-That Women has contradicted herself so many times it is unreal. There is a whole YouTube channel devoted to her nonsense. She also should be down the wine glass.
It's obvious that you are one of the haters. I wouldn't watch any of these Propaganda like Videos against this woman. I can und er stand however that not everyone likes her or the idea of the book, but these Videos are disgusting

Lying is disgusting and she has no problem doing it.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 11/06/17 5:09am

laurarichardso
n

anangellooksdown said:

I'd buy it, especially if it had pictures, but I would sincerely be hoping that it would be honest.

She was not honest about the divorce. Why would she be honest about a book whose sole purpose would be generating a profit for her?

She also wrote bad shit on her Facebook about him before he passed. Had a judgement put on him for a measley $150k when she received a few million from the divorce. May have been running around on him and there are rumors she screwed up his charity and music club.

This is a women who ran around with a married man, changed her religion, and then dropped the religion when she got her divorce.

Stop the foolishness.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 11/06/17 7:52am

anangellooksdo
wn

laurarichardson said:



anangellooksdown said:


I'd buy it, especially if it had pictures, but I would sincerely be hoping that it would be honest.

She was not honest about the divorce. Why would she be honest about a book whose sole purpose would be generating a profit for her?



She also wrote bad shit on her Facebook about him before he passed. Had a judgement put on him for a measley $150k when she received a few million from the divorce. May have been running around on him and there are rumors she screwed up his charity and music club.



This is a women who ran around with a married man, changed her religion, and then dropped the religion when she got her divorce.




Stop the foolishness.



If she stuck to photos with captions, we'd have a shot.
[Edited 11/6/17 13:00pm]
~Paisley Park is in your heart~
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 11/06/17 9:33am

ThatWhiteDude

laurarichardson said:



ThatWhiteDude said:


laurarichardson said:
-That Women has contradicted herself so many times it is unreal. There is a whole YouTube channel devoted to her nonsense. She also should be down the wine glass.

It's obvious that you are one of the haters. I wouldn't watch any of these Propaganda like Videos against this woman. I can und er stand however that not everyone likes her or the idea of the book, but these Videos are disgusting

Lying is disgusting and she has no problem doing it.


Yeah right, all she's doing is telling lies. I think she also told the truth
"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 11/06/17 12:57pm

laurarichardso
n

ThatWhiteDude said:

laurarichardson said:

Lying is disgusting and she has no problem doing it.

Yeah right, all she's doing is telling lies. I think she also told the truth

She told her truth. Kind of hard to tell the truth about a person you do not even know anymore and who is not around to dispute what you are saying.

What we know is he did not talk about this women to the public. Whatever they went throught he never felt the need to share it with the public. She should have honored that and kept her mouth closed.

He could have ran her throught the mill and trash talked her if he wanted to publicily but he did not do it. It is called mutural respect and he certainly was not responsible for taking care of her for the rest of her life. Which I honestly think she believes she is owed a life time paycheck which she is trying to get from the grave.

Are the YOUTUBE videos over the top. Yes they are but they are actually true. Which is sad and pathetic.

[Edited 11/6/17 13:01pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 11/06/17 1:01pm

FlyOnTheWall

laurarichardson said:

ThatWhiteDude said:

laurarichardson said: Yeah right, all she's doing is telling lies. I think she also told the truth

She told her truth. Kind of hard to tell the truth about a person you do not even know anymore and who is not around to dispute what you are saying.

What we know is he did not talk about this women to the public. Whatever they went throught he never felt the need to share it with the public. She should have honored that and kept her mouth closed.

He could have ran her throught the mill and trash talked her if he wanted to publicily but he did not do it. It is called mutural respect and he certainly was not responsible for taking care of her for the rest of her life. Which I honestly think she believes she is owed a life time paycheck which she is trying to get from the grave.

[Edited 11/6/17 12:58pm]

Are you guys talking about M1 or M2...or both? ohgoon

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 11/06/17 1:06pm

laurarichardso
n

FlyOnTheWall said:

laurarichardson said:

She told her truth. Kind of hard to tell the truth about a person you do not even know anymore and who is not around to dispute what you are saying.

What we know is he did not talk about this women to the public. Whatever they went throught he never felt the need to share it with the public. She should have honored that and kept her mouth closed.

He could have ran her throught the mill and trash talked her if he wanted to publicily but he did not do it. It is called mutural respect and he certainly was not responsible for taking care of her for the rest of her life. Which I honestly think she believes she is owed a life time paycheck which she is trying to get from the grave.

[Edited 11/6/17 12:58pm]

Are you guys talking about M1 or M2...or both? ohgoon

You can apply it to both because it will no different if M2 wrote a book. She is not going to write about how she was a mistress and plotted to get with Prince from the minute she posted in AMP.

Who in their right mind would admit to such a thing? I doubt she is going to be writing a book at least while she is stilll married to her D-list Prince clone.

[Edited 11/6/17 13:07pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 11/06/17 4:44pm

luvsexy4all

read it at the library

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 11/06/17 5:19pm

rogifan

Nope wouldn’t buy it. I;l buy Kim Berry’s book because I think it will be respectful and not full of gossip.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 11/06/17 7:14pm

DD55

ThatWhiteDude said:

Now that Prince is dead, a lot of books are coming out and I am sure there are more to come, because he was a complex man that lead a complex life.

What would you think if Mani would write a book about her life with Prince? Would you buy it?

Personally, I got mixed feelings, like I got with Mayte's book, but I was surprised in a positive way when I finally read it.

I don't know much about her, only how she got involved, wich was a little bit fishy but I mean, let's be honest here, if P would've still loved Mayte back in the day he wouldn't have messed around with Mani, right? I think it's fair to blame both Prince and her on that subject.

What do you think? Would you give her a chance or not? I mean, some gave Mayte a chance, would they give Mani the same chance?

That:

Maybe you should reword the question a bit.

.

If Mani were to write a book, WOULD YOU READ IT?

.

Many here get in a huff, as they did with Mayte's book... no she isn't getting my money.... but many who said that were fist in line to discuss the contents of Mayte's book when it came out. There is a difference among ...

1) No, I won't spend my hard earned cash,

2) Yes, I want to know what she has to say,

3) I'll read it, but I'm not buying it and

4) I'll buy it and read it.

.

Maybe this is a multiple choice question.

.

LOL, DD55

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 11/06/17 7:33pm

ThatWhiteDude

laurarichardson said:

ThatWhiteDude said:

laurarichardson said: Yeah right, all she's doing is telling lies. I think she also told the truth

She told her truth. Kind of hard to tell the truth about a person you do not even know anymore and who is not around to dispute what you are saying.

What we know is he did not talk about this women to the public. Whatever they went throught he never felt the need to share it with the public. She should have honored that and kept her mouth closed.

He could have ran her throught the mill and trash talked her if he wanted to publicily but he did not do it. It is called mutural respect and he certainly was not responsible for taking care of her for the rest of her life. Which I honestly think she believes she is owed a life time paycheck which she is trying to get from the grave.

Are the YOUTUBE videos over the top. Yes they are but they are actually true. Which is sad and pathetic.

[Edited 11/6/17 13:01pm]

It's fair to say she talked about the Prince she knew, and I find it quite respectful. Well, he kind of did, during Songs, and sometimes in Interviews: "She makes it easier to talk to god." etc.

She could've trash talked him too but she didn't. Not in the book, I swear it's funny if Prince would've talked about her and wouldn't have been as respectful as you'd expect no one would say shit. 'Cause it's the truth right? He can't be a liar, right?

I understand some critics by the fans, but you know what I don't get? Mayte's getting trash talked for writing this book, but what about Tyka? She's using the interest of Fans on what really happened to Prince to promote an upcoming book and no one goes nuts about it. Do you really believe she'll release more info before the book comes out? For what? To kill the hype?

And what about the "Little Red Corvette" Girl? She writing a book an no one goes nuts either, but she contradicts herself as well! Getting timelines confused and shit. But if Mayte contradicts herself (Wich is pretty fucking common by the way if you repeat a story again and again, you'll remember only what you told them the last time). But it's Mayte, she's not allowed to have some errors in her story.

What makes you sure that the others who are writing books won't trash talk the man? 'Cause you personally like them? You can't know for sure unless you read the finished book by yourself but some of ya'll Mayte haters didn't even read the book, but you sure as hell read the gossip snippets and mistakenly thought she wrote a tell all book.

Believe me, there are no sexual details in the book, but the press made it look that way. And if you can't handle the truth that Prince had a strange behavior when it came to hospitals and doctors, then that's your problem.

You trash talk her for telling that, but guess what? Other people around witnessed that too, so it wasn't really a secret!

Mayte didn't say a bad word about Prince in the book, she didn't say a bad word about Mani and Larry even tho these two people got involved in a fishy way. I don't put the full blame on them, 'cause if Prince would've loved her as much as he did before that, he wouldn't have left.

I understand normal critics, but I am highly allergic to people who never read a book and keep talking about it like they are fucking experts on the subject when, infact, they don't know jack shit!

[Edited 11/6/17 19:36pm]

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 11/06/17 9:27pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

laurarichardson said:

FlyOnTheWall said:

Are you guys talking about M1 or M2...or both? ohgoon

You can apply it to both because it will no different if M2 wrote a book. She is not going to write about how she was a mistress and plotted to get with Prince from the minute she posted in AMP.

Who in their right mind would admit to such a thing? I doubt she is going to be writing a book at least while she is stilll married to her D-list Prince clone.

[Edited 11/6/17 13:07pm]

lol lol lol

OMG I literally laughed out loud.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 11/07/17 12:02am

Mumio

avatar

ThatWhiteDude said:

It's fair to say she talked about the Prince she knew, and I find it quite respectful. Well, he kind of did, during Songs, and sometimes in Interviews: "She makes it easier to talk to god." etc.

She could've trash talked him too but she didn't. Not in the book, I swear it's funny if Prince would've talked about her and wouldn't have been as respectful as you'd expect no one would say shit. 'Cause it's the truth right? He can't be a liar, right?

I understand some critics by the fans, but you know what I don't get? Mayte's getting trash talked for writing this book, but what about Tyka? She's using the interest of Fans on what really happened to Prince to promote an upcoming book and no one goes nuts about it. Do you really believe she'll release more info before the book comes out? For what? To kill the hype?

And what about the "Little Red Corvette" Girl? She writing a book an no one goes nuts either, but she contradicts herself as well! Getting timelines confused and shit. But if Mayte contradicts herself (Wich is pretty fucking common by the way if you repeat a story again and again, you'll remember only what you told them the last time). But it's Mayte, she's not allowed to have some errors in her story.

What makes you sure that the others who are writing books won't trash talk the man? 'Cause you personally like them? You can't know for sure unless you read the finished book by yourself but some of ya'll Mayte haters didn't even read the book, but you sure as hell read the gossip snippets and mistakenly thought she wrote a tell all book.

Believe me, there are no sexual details in the book, but the press made it look that way. And if you can't handle the truth that Prince had a strange behavior when it came to hospitals and doctors, then that's your problem.

You trash talk her for telling that, but guess what? Other people around witnessed that too, so it wasn't really a secret!

Mayte didn't say a bad word about Prince in the book, she didn't say a bad word about Mani and Larry even tho these two people got involved in a fishy way. I don't put the full blame on them, 'cause if Prince would've loved her as much as he did before that, he wouldn't have left.

I understand normal critics, but I am highly allergic to people who never read a book and keep talking about it like they are fucking experts on the subject when, infact, they don't know jack shit!

[Edited 11/6/17 19:36pm]



lol lol If you wait long enough it always comes out...... nod






Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 11/07/17 12:04am

Mumio

avatar

laurarichardson said:

You can apply it to both because it will no different if M2 wrote a book. She is not going to write about how she was a mistress and plotted to get with Prince from the minute she posted in AMP.

Who in their right mind would admit to such a thing? I doubt she is going to be writing a book at least while she is stilll married to her D-list Prince clone.

[Edited 11/6/17 13:07pm]



eek lol

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > If Mani would be writing a book, would you buy it?