independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 23rd Nov 2017 3:04am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Susannah Melvoin interview with RR auction .
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 5 <12345>

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 09/25/17 11:25am

paulludvig

OldFriends4Sale said:

paulludvig said:

Huh?

Susannah was talking about a Ballet dance spin.

They fucked and drew pictures together,..

Paulludvig, all the topics happening and all U C is 'Melvoin' lol

Dude, Omar and Marva King(NPG singer) created a band called New Power Soul

there is a sticky on it

Check THAT out

juniorballet_pirouette__50274.1415907802.500.750.jpg?c=2

The pirouette was one of Prince's signature moves. And know she takes credit for teaching it to him?

The wooh is on the one!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 09/25/17 11:28am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

paulludvig said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Susannah was talking about a Ballet dance spin.

They fucked and drew pictures together,..

Paulludvig, all the topics happening and all U C is 'Melvoin' lol

Dude, Omar and Marva King(NPG singer) created a band called New Power Soul

there is a sticky on it

Check THAT out

juniorballet_pirouette__50274.1415907802.500.750.jpg?c=2

The pirouette was one of Prince's signature moves. And know she takes credit for teaching it to him?

She did take ballet.
I doubt Prince or most men knew how to do it.

This definately wasn't a move he was doing on the 1999 Controversy or Dirty Mind tour

you see him doing it on the Parade tour and after

And so what?

They were kissing singing fucking drawing together

.

Check out New Power Soul-2017

.

20915544_1432259216827268_531209453878537092_n.jpg?oh=80b017b498a51abfe383315c0764ce9e&oe=5A4E04AF

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 09/25/17 11:31am

paulludvig

OldFriends4Sale said:

paulludvig said:

The pirouette was one of Prince's signature moves. And know she takes credit for teaching it to him?

She did take ballet.
I doubt Prince or most men know how to do it.

This definately wasn't a move he was doing on the 1999 Controversy or Dirty Mind tour

And so what? seriously

They were fucking, not you lol

Check out New Power Soul-2017

He did spins before the PR tour? Probably got that from James Brown.

Did she take ballet the same way W&L studied classical music? At what conservatory?

The wooh is on the one!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 09/25/17 11:35am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

paulludvig said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

She did take ballet.
I doubt Prince or most men know how to do it.

This definately wasn't a move he was doing on the 1999 Controversy or Dirty Mind tour

And so what? seriously

They were fucking, not you lol

Check out New Power Soul-2017

He did spins before the PR tour? Probably got that from James Brown.

Did she take ballet the same way W&L studied classical music? At what conservatory?

Splits?

I don't ever remember him doing that type of ballet spin before the PR tour

James Brown did not do ballet spins

Remember Prince did not do a LOT of dancing prior to 1984

He was mostly on his guitar.
1999 we see him doing more dancing, but it was the PR tour and then the Parade tour even moreso

.

Paul lol out of all the threads why do you focus on all things Melvoin lol

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 09/25/17 11:41am

paulludvig

OldFriends4Sale said:

paulludvig said:

He did spins before the PR tour? Probably got that from James Brown.

Did she take ballet the same way W&L studied classical music? At what conservatory?

Splits?

I don't ever remember him doing that type of ballet spin before the PR tour

James Brown did not do ballet spins

Remember Prince did not do a LOT of dancing prior to 1984

He was mostly on his guitar.
1999 we see him doing more dancing, but it was the PR tour and then the Parade tour even moreso

.

Paul lol out of all the threads why do you focus on all things Melvoin lol

I guess the Melvoins made Prince a better dancer. He wasn't worth much on his own. As we all know.

The wooh is on the one!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 09/25/17 11:42am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

paulludvig said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Splits?

I don't ever remember him doing that type of ballet spin before the PR tour

James Brown did not do ballet spins

Remember Prince did not do a LOT of dancing prior to 1984

He was mostly on his guitar.
1999 we see him doing more dancing, but it was the PR tour and then the Parade tour even moreso

.

Paul lol out of all the threads why do you focus on all things Melvoin lol

I guess the Melvoins made Prince a better dancer. He wasn't worth much on his own. As we all know.

oh stop flame baiting rolleyes

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 09/25/17 12:26pm

laurarichardso
n

OldFriends4Sale said:

paulludvig said:

The pirouette was one of Prince's signature moves. And know she takes credit for teaching it to him?

She did take ballet.
I doubt Prince or most men knew how to do it.

This definately wasn't a move he was doing on the 1999 Controversy or Dirty Mind tour

you see him doing it on the Parade tour and after

And so what?

They were kissing singing fucking drawing together

.

Check out New Power Soul-2017

.

20915544_1432259216827268_531209453878537092_n.jpg?oh=80b017b498a51abfe383315c0764ce9e&oe=5A4E04AF

Once again Prince took ballet lessons from an art group in Minneapolis when he was a teen. You also realize that many football and basketball players sometimes to take ballet to learn how to leap.

It took ballet classes before he met her. He knew about jazz before the Melvoins or Leeds came along as his dad was a jazz musician. I am sure from the letter that was up for auction from when he was 20 he had excellent penmanship before he met her. Unless Sue flew out to minneapolis from high school to help Prince with his penmanship when he was 20 year old grown man.

She is full of B.S.

She is lucky his family is so clueless. If he were my relative she would go some place and shut up.

Dancers recall Prince as ...ballet ...

May 5, 2016 - While growing up, Prince had ballet training through an initiative called the Urban Arts Program. It connected students “who didn't fit into the traditional academic world” with local arts institutions, explained Minnesota Dance Theatre (MDT) artistic director Lise Houlton. Prince took

http://www.startribune.com/dancers-recall-prince-as-a-hard-working-darling-in-tights-and-ballet-slippers/378179261/

[Edited 9/25/17 12:31pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 09/25/17 12:38pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

laurarichardson said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

She did take ballet.
I doubt Prince or most men knew how to do it.

This definately wasn't a move he was doing on the 1999 Controversy or Dirty Mind tour

you see him doing it on the Parade tour and after

And so what?

They were kissing singing fucking drawing together

.

Check out New Power Soul-2017

.

20915544_1432259216827268_531209453878537092_n.jpg?oh=80b017b498a51abfe383315c0764ce9e&oe=5A4E04AF

Once again Prince took ballet lessons from an art group in Minneapolis when he was a teen. You also realize that many football and basketball players sometimes to take ballet to learn how to leap.

It took ballet classes before he met her. He knew about jazz before the Melvoins or Leeds came along as his dad was a jazz musician. I am sure from the letter that was up for auction from when he was 20 he had excellent penmanship before he met her. Unless Sue flew out to minneapolis from high school to help Prince with his penmanship when he was 20 year old grown man.

She is full of B.S.

She is lucky his family is so clueless. If he were my relative she would go some place and shut up.

Dancers recall Prince as ...ballet ...

May 5, 2016 - While growing up, Prince had ballet training through an initiative called the Urban Arts Program. It connected students “who didn't fit into the traditional academic world” with local arts institutions, explained Minnesota Dance Theatre (MDT) artistic director Lise Houlton. Prince took

http://www.startribune.com/dancers-recall-prince-as-a-hard-working-darling-in-tights-and-ballet-slippers/378179261/

[Edited 9/25/17 12:31pm]

He asked her to show him how to do that particular ballet move. This really should not be such a blow up debate.

Most of that article was during the preperation for the PR movie filming. During the same PR period.

Just because someone took a class when they were young doesn't mean they have mastered the art of Ballet. So he asked her to refresh him on 1 particular move? so what?

.

Oh so that's it, you want to be in Prince's family.
So what, he had sex with her, was friends with her, she recorded with him etc not you

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 09/25/17 3:21pm

purplerabbitho
le

First I don't recall her ever saying she "taught" Prince his lovely handwriting. I heard that she too liked to write pretty as a kid. I used to do the same thing--practice my handwriting just for fun with my best friend after school in 5th grade.

Secondly, her teaching him how to perfect a move does not take away from his ability/artistry. He chose to brush up on his ballet moves, he chose to master a spin so that it would better his stage presense.

laurarichardson said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

She did take ballet.
I doubt Prince or most men knew how to do it.

This definately wasn't a move he was doing on the 1999 Controversy or Dirty Mind tour

you see him doing it on the Parade tour and after

And so what?

They were kissing singing fucking drawing together

.

Check out New Power Soul-2017

.

20915544_1432259216827268_531209453878537092_n.jpg?oh=80b017b498a51abfe383315c0764ce9e&oe=5A4E04AF

Once again Prince took ballet lessons from an art group in Minneapolis when he was a teen. You also realize that many football and basketball players sometimes to take ballet to learn how to leap.

It took ballet classes before he met her. He knew about jazz before the Melvoins or Leeds came along as his dad was a jazz musician. I am sure from the letter that was up for auction from when he was 20 he had excellent penmanship before he met her. Unless Sue flew out to minneapolis from high school to help Prince with his penmanship when he was 20 year old grown man.

She is full of B.S.

She is lucky his family is so clueless. If he were my relative she would go some place and shut up.

Dancers recall Prince as ...ballet ...

May 5, 2016 - While growing up, Prince had ballet training through an initiative called the Urban Arts Program. It connected students “who didn't fit into the traditional academic world” with local arts institutions, explained Minnesota Dance Theatre (MDT) artistic director Lise Houlton. Prince took

http://www.startribune.com/dancers-recall-prince-as-a-hard-working-darling-in-tights-and-ballet-slippers/378179261/

[Edited 9/25/17 12:31pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 09/25/17 6:11pm

Zannaloaf

laurarichardson said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

The person who asked SUSANNAH and ERIC LEEDS to auction some things, approached them.

And then the person asked for information on the background of these things, so people understand the significance. ALL Auctions go this way.

With audio instead of written narrative. I love Stacia and the tamborine. "He left it on a desk so I assumed he wanted me to have it" Stealing ass !!!

Next a housekeeper will be selling his underware. " I thought he wanted me to have the drawes"

You're like a one woman reality show! i think we should do an "Angry PrinceFam" reality show with you as the focus point.
Would be HILARIOUS.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 09/25/17 6:30pm

Strawberrylova
123

Count on prince.org to turn a beautiful interview into a negative one lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 09/25/17 6:39pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Strawberrylova123 said:

Count on prince.org to turn a beautiful interview into a negative one lol

Type Melvoin in the title and the trolls come out

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 09/25/17 6:40pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

THIS

purplerabbithole said:

First I don't recall her ever saying she "taught" Prince his lovely handwriting. I heard that she too liked to write pretty as a kid. I used to do the same thing--practice my handwriting just for fun with my best friend after school in 5th grade.

Secondly, her teaching him how to perfect a move does not take away from his ability/artistry. He chose to brush up on his ballet moves, he chose to master a spin so that it would better his stage presense.

laurarichardson said:

Once again Prince took ballet lessons from an art group in Minneapolis when he was a teen. You also realize that many football and basketball players sometimes to take ballet to learn how to leap.

It took ballet classes before he met her. He knew about jazz before the Melvoins or Leeds came along as his dad was a jazz musician. I am sure from the letter that was up for auction from when he was 20 he had excellent penmanship before he met her. Unless Sue flew out to minneapolis from high school to help Prince with his penmanship when he was 20 year old grown man.

She is full of B.S.

She is lucky his family is so clueless. If he were my relative she would go some place and shut up.

Dancers recall Prince as ...ballet ...

May 5, 2016 - While growing up, Prince had ballet training through an initiative called the Urban Arts Program. It connected students “who didn't fit into the traditional academic world” with local arts institutions, explained Minnesota Dance Theatre (MDT) artistic director Lise Houlton. Prince took

http://www.startribune.com/dancers-recall-prince-as-a-hard-working-darling-in-tights-and-ballet-slippers/378179261/

[Edited 9/25/17 12:31pm]

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 09/25/17 7:08pm

laurarichardso
n

Zannaloaf said:



laurarichardson said:




OldFriends4Sale said:


The person who asked SUSANNAH and ERIC LEEDS to auction some things, approached them.


And then the person asked for information on the background of these things, so people understand the significance. ALL Auctions go this way.





With audio instead of written narrative. I love Stacia and the tamborine. "He left it on a desk so I assumed he wanted me to have it" Stealing ass !!!



Next a housekeeper will be selling his underware. " I thought he wanted me to have the drawes"





You're like a one woman reality show! i think we should do an "Angry PrinceFam" reality show with you as the focus point.
Would be HILARIOUS.


No I think the ex-employees of Prince should have their own reality show.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 09/25/17 7:20pm

Strawberrylova
123

OldFriends4Sale said:



Strawberrylova123 said:


Count on prince.org to turn a beautiful interview into a negative one lol



Type Melvoin in the title and the trolls come out




Why can't people appreciate everybody
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 09/26/17 1:35am

laurarichardso
n

Strawberrylova123 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:



Strawberrylova123 said:


Count on prince.org to turn a beautiful interview into a negative one lol



Type Melvoin in the title and the trolls come out




Why can't people appreciate everybody

--Please explain what some people should be appreciated for?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 09/26/17 2:15am

anangellooksdo
wn

OldFriends4Sale said:

* Not involved in his life for 30yrs? They continued to be friends the whole of Prince's life.



1. the note about the ballet 0+> wrote to Susannah in 1995 and then asked her to write him back. It is clear they continued to communicate

2. They were talking on the phone a lot during the time of FDeluxe. Then Prince got upset with her some time in the last few years on the phone, and then reconnected with her in the year before he died



3. He's had her on stage with him @ Paisley Park in 1989 during the US Lovesexy tour with Wendy & Lisa, he's had Susannah on stage with W & L during the ONA period to do A Love Bizarre and another song. Dedicated In This Bed I Scream to her Lisa & W on Emanicipation. Had her as one of the women on a possible all woman band in 1998 via the One video hidden messages


.


.


* According to Denise Matthews she got rid of all of that stuff when she had her conversion. I cannot see her holding onto that stuff..



I got rid of all the lingerie and cleaned house,” she explained.



http://www.mustardseedstories.com/demons-wanted-me-the-testimony-of-denise-matthews-formerly-known-as-vanity/



The experience led to her religious conversion, as she said that she’d received a vision from Jesus as she lay dying. She said that God wanted her to metaphorically “kill” Vanity and she did, reportedly discarding every interview or recording of herself as the sexed-up pop star, distancing herself from the entertainment world, and going by her given name only: Denise Matthews.



http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-sexy-holy-saga-of-vanity-princes-muse-who-found-god







laurarichardson said:


You are really missing the point. She was not involved in his life for 30 years this women saved some tatted leg warmers like some vulture waiting for him to die when she could have thrown it away or given some it back to him the point is she did not try and sell it when he was alive for a reason. She talk all the bull she wants but at the end of the day she is doing this stuff to make a buck because her deadbeat husband will not support her and she will not get a job. Think about Vanity and her 100,000.00 in medical bills and how she sold nothing and said very little. purplerabbithole said:

Supposedly they talked three months before he died. If I recall correctly, according to Wendy, he asked how she was doing (divorce related, I believe). Unless P invited her to Paisley and was completely honest about how much he was struggling, how could she know how much help he needed or that he would die within the week? Plus, Prince didn't like being weak in front of people--its possible she could have traveled all the way up to PP and he still would have avoided seeing her or would have gave her the runaround and kept it brief..


Cut people not in his immediate circle a bit of a break. I do think they all may have advertedly or inadvertedly exploited his death a bit since he died, but that's doesn't mean we should assume that they knew he was on death's door and basically told him to go fuck himself.










Sal I seem to remember Prince had called Susannah out of love, and Susannah as usual used words that came across strangely and Prince reacted. He was extremely sensitive and sometines injured easily. Then they didn't speak again.
Theres an interview somewhere on the Org with her shortly after his passing in which I could tell this was the case.

I'm sorry but as much as I love Susannah when she started selling Starfish and Coffee T Shirts right after his passing (wasn't she the first to do something like that?) that really rubbed me the wrong way.

Not trying to judge her, I just don't see Damaris or Andy or Lala selling his stuff. I do believe it's about the money and publicity, even though she might have some heart strings tied up in it.
~Paisley Park is in your heart~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 09/26/17 2:40am

anangellooksdo
wn

OldFriends4Sale said:



Vashtix said:


Denise did not sell anything for profits and she could have. She did not get rid of certain keepsakes per info shared here. Denise has nothing to do with how others handle their business. She clearly was not pimping Prince or felt letters etc between them needed to be given to the highest bidder. Please do not piss on her grave. It was not who she was. She loved Prince and honored him til the day she died. If any of his friends and associates decide to sell their stuff that is up to them and there is no need to validate or orove or disprove. People are known by their actions not their words. Watch and learn. Listen and be deceived.


Vashtix


Vashtix


Vashtix



We know from previous threads that you have a 'romantic' connection with Denise & Prince.



Pimping Prince? How can anyone 'pimp' Prince? He is dead.
Who owns any of the things Denise Matthews left behind?


Will they be respected and cared for? or will they be lost forever in the passage of time?



Prince and Denise Matthews were no longer lovers.


Prince was married twice and Denise was married twice.


That would constitute adultery, even if there was just


an emotional-romantic bond.


Denise wouldn't be down with that.


.


And the pissing on the grave thing. really?
Please... stop.


Watch and learn?


Listen and be deceived?


huh?
What is this? hmm



It is true that if things weren't sold to people who really want them, they might get lost in time, and it might be better to have them sold. I do think if someone doesn't want them anymore then they can sell them. I guess personally I can't relate to that since Prince means so much to me and even though I'd have memories I would also keep the mementos until my own passing. Maybe that would be selfish of me.
It's not the action I'm looking at so much as the motive. I just wish people would be honest. "I have my memories and other things from that period of my life. I really need or would rather have the money and know there are people who will take good care of these items."
~Paisley Park is in your heart~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 09/26/17 3:11am

laurarichardso
n

OldFriends4Sale said:



laurarichardson said:




OldFriends4Sale said:




She did take ballet.
I doubt Prince or most men knew how to do it.


This definately wasn't a move he was doing on the 1999 Controversy or Dirty Mind tour


you see him doing it on the Parade tour and after


And so what?


They were kissing singing fucking drawing together


.


Check out New Power Soul-2017


.


20915544_1432259216827268_531209453878537092_n.jpg?oh=80b017b498a51abfe383315c0764ce9e&oe=5A4E04AF





Once again Prince took ballet lessons from an art group in Minneapolis when he was a teen. You also realize that many football and basketball players sometimes to take ballet to learn how to leap.



It took ballet classes before he met her. He knew about jazz before the Melvoins or Leeds came along as his dad was a jazz musician. I am sure from the letter that was up for auction from when he was 20 he had excellent penmanship before he met her. Unless Sue flew out to minneapolis from high school to help Prince with his penmanship when he was 20 year old grown man.


She is full of B.S.



She is lucky his family is so clueless. If he were my relative she would go some place and shut up.




Dancers recall Prince as ...ballet ...




May 5, 2016 - While growing up, Prince had ballet training through an initiative called the Urban Arts Program. It connected students “who didn't fit into the traditional academic world” with local arts institutions, explained Minnesota Dance Theatre (MDT) artistic director Lise Houlton. Prince took


http://www.startribune.com/dancers-recall-prince-as-a-hard-working-darling-in-tights-and-ballet-slippers/378179261/




[Edited 9/25/17 12:31pm]




He asked her to show him how to do that particular ballet move. This really should not be such a blow up debate.


Most of that article was during the preperation for the PR movie filming. During the same PR period.


Just because someone took a class when they were young doesn't mean they have mastered the art of Ballet. So he asked her to refresh him on 1 particular move? so what?



.


Oh so that's it, you want to be in Prince's family.
So what, he had sex with her, was friends with her, she recorded with him etc not you





No one said he mastered Ballet. I said he took classes as a youth and that Suzi Q is overstating her involvement. What does my simply stating what is factual have to do with wanting to be in Prince's family? What does that comment have to do with this discussion? I do not give a fuck about who Prince got with or recorded with and have never implied anything of the sort. You think everyone that calls out the leeches is envious of the leeches? Why would I be envious of a women who does not work and who continually carries on about her boyfriend from 30 years ago who ran around her the entire time they were together. If she was smart she would knock it off and stop embarrassing herself.
[Edited 9/26/17 3:12am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 09/26/17 5:07am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Strawberrylova123 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Type Melvoin in the title and the trolls come out

Why can't people appreciate everybody

It's mostly a symptom of their own heart

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 09/26/17 5:15am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

anangellooksdown said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

* Not involved in his life for 30yrs? They continued to be friends the whole of Prince's life.

1. the note about the ballet 0+> wrote to Susannah in 1995 and then asked her to write him back. It is clear they continued to communicate

2. They were talking on the phone a lot during the time of FDeluxe. Then Prince got upset with her some time in the last few years on the phone, and then reconnected with her in the year before he died

3. He's had her on stage with him @ Paisley Park in 1989 during the US Lovesexy tour with Wendy & Lisa, he's had Susannah on stage with W & L during the ONA period to do A Love Bizarre and another song. Dedicated In This Bed I Scream to her Lisa & W on Emanicipation. Had her as one of the women on a possible all woman band in 1998 via the One video hidden messages

.

.

* According to Denise Matthews she got rid of all of that stuff when she had her conversion. I cannot see her holding onto that stuff..

I got rid of all the lingerie and cleaned house,” she explained.

http://www.mustardseedstories.com/demons-wanted-me-the-testimony-of-denise-matthews-formerly-known-as-vanity/

The experience led to her religious conversion, as she said that she’d received a vision from Jesus as she lay dying. She said that God wanted her to metaphorically “kill” Vanity and she did, reportedly discarding every interview or recording of herself as the sexed-up pop star, distancing herself from the entertainment world, and going by her given name only: Denise Matthews.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-sexy-holy-saga-of-vanity-princes-muse-who-found-god

Sal I seem to remember Prince had called Susannah out of love, and Susannah as usual used words that came across strangely and Prince reacted. He was extremely sensitive and sometines injured easily. Then they didn't speak again. Theres an interview somewhere on the Org with her shortly after his passing in which I could tell this was the case. I'm sorry but as much as I love Susannah when she started selling Starfish and Coffee T Shirts right after his passing (wasn't she the first to do something like that?) that really rubbed me the wrong way. Not trying to judge her, I just don't see Damaris or Andy or Lala selling his stuff. I do believe it's about the money and publicity, even though she might have some heart strings tied up in it.

I posted it on post #24 I don't think it was anything disrespectful. She was tending to her children, she said Prince was never in her space at such a moment trying to put them to bed.

.

The Starfish & Coffee items came as a result of a random person capitalizing off the song and making money. It had nothing to do with Prince's passing.

.

Damaris & Lala might not have anything, Damaris didn't date Prince, (I still don't know what is or isn't with Lala-she really has no 'spot' in the vision outside of 'acting' in a Prince video with QTip)

Also Andy is more 'recent'. There is no real 'history' yet to her and Prince. Very much a part of fun time on the 2nd 1/2 of Welcome 2 tours. But I think 'items' from earlier time periods might have more weight in value, financial or historic. Also Susannah is older that those other 3 in their 20s. An older person will view life and items much different than young women.

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 09/26/17 5:36am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

anangellooksdown said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Vashtix

Vashtix

Vashtix

We know from previous threads that you have a 'romantic' connection with Denise & Prince.

Pimping Prince? How can anyone 'pimp' Prince? He is dead.
Who owns any of the things Denise Matthews left behind?

Will they be respected and cared for? or will they be lost forever in the passage of time?

Prince and Denise Matthews were no longer lovers.

Prince was married twice and Denise was married twice.

That would constitute adultery, even if there was just

an emotional-romantic bond.

Denise wouldn't be down with that.

.

And the pissing on the grave thing. really?
Please... stop.

Watch and learn?

Listen and be deceived?

huh?
What is this? hmm

It is true that if things weren't sold to people who really want them, they might get lost in time, and it might be better to have them sold. I do think if someone doesn't want them anymore then they can sell them. I guess personally I can't relate to that since Prince means so much to me and even though I'd have memories I would also keep the mementos until my own passing. Maybe that would be selfish of me. It's not the action I'm looking at so much as the motive. I just wish people would be honest. "I have my memories and other things from that period of my life. I really need or would rather have the money and know there are people who will take good care of these items."

It depends. I look at 'possessions' much differently now, especially after having dealt with an aunt who has a hording issue. The emotional attachment to things is very strong.

.

Before I bought my home, I lived in a house that was family owned since their Italian grandmother bought it in 1940 something. The manys father passed away a few months after I moved in. The man/son for years just would not remove anything, update the house(outside of where I lived-I just would update it and tell him) But old rocking horse in the basement, the grandmothers things in the attic, couldn't touch the rosebushes -even though a weed tree was growing right up in the middle of one etc. He didn't live there physically, but he was still tied their emotionally.

.

I think the holding on of things or the letting go of things during a loss or greiving process will always be different for each person. There cannot be a set pattern for grieving. The time needed for each individual is going to be different. But if someone is still stuck in process 20yrs later, that is not healthy. But also depending on what it is, if someone shuts down and 'tries' to cut off very early, I don't think that is healthy either, but more understandable. 'Love your neighbor as yourself' If someone is lashing out at people, hurting people etc as a part of their grieving or holding on to the deceased, that is a serious problem.

.

My cousin passed away from cancer a few years ago. I watched her parents deal with that.
I also watched the 'get rid of everything' that belonged to her. It was really shocking to see it.

You would think people would hold onto a lot of stuff. But being 70something and living light affected it. The kept all pictures though, and they had one of those 'amusement' park pastel portraits she did when she was young, they kept that and framed it. But I talked them about how they processed it. And it was too much stuff was painful to hold on to, they gave a lot of items to her siblings.

.

I'm going to hold onto things from people I 'physically-intimately' know much easier than a 'star' I love Prince as much as you can someone you don't know, but it would be easier for me to part with 'Prince' items vs my parents siblings friend or lover. I do think about what is going to happen to my Prince collection (albums, cds, photos and my own 'vault' of unreleased music) if I don't wake up tomorrow.

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 09/26/17 5:42am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

laurarichardson said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

He asked her to show him how to do that particular ballet move. This really should not be such a blow up debate.

Most of that article was during the preperation for the PR movie filming. During the same PR period.

Just because someone took a class when they were young doesn't mean they have mastered the art of Ballet. So he asked her to refresh him on 1 particular move? so what?

.

Oh so that's it, you want to be in Prince's family.
So what, he had sex with her, was friends with her, she recorded with him etc not you

No one said he mastered Ballet. I said he took classes as a youth and that Suzi Q is overstating her involvement. What does my simply stating what is factual have to do with wanting to be in Prince's family? What does that comment have to do with this discussion? I do not give a fuck about who Prince got with or recorded with and have never implied anything of the sort. You think everyone that calls out the leeches is envious of the leeches? Why would I be envious of a women who does not work and who continually carries on about her boyfriend from 30 years ago who ran around her the entire time they were together. If she was smart she would knock it off and stop embarrassing herself. [Edited 9/26/17 3:12am]

But you are implying it. By saying he took a class or two in 'middle school' that he needed no one else to teach him or refresh him. So should we be similarly upset with the people at the Dance school in 1984 who talked about teaching him?

.

If you look at it in the content of while he and the band(s) are taking these dance instructions in 1984, Prince & Susannah walking down a quiet street and Prince saying "I need to get that move down, show it to me again" and they are twirling in the street. How is that such a cause of contention? I mean this is what happens in real life and love.

.

Well you say you are a women, and I can understand your reaction to other women who actually had a relationship with Prince and how you think they should be behave.

Yeah you do 'give a fuck' with who Prince got with, that is why you knew of Lala(who?) and that she and Prince were supposedly having sex(while he was either celebate or with Bria Valente)

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 09/26/17 6:40am

disch

Exactly. It was a cute, minor story about Susannah and Prince pirhouetting in the street one night 30+ years ago. I can't imagine any rational person becoming enraged by that innocuous anecdote.

OldFriends4Sale said:

Prince & Susannah walking down a quiet street and Prince saying "I need to get that move down, show it to me again" and they are twirling in the street. How is that such a cause of contention? I mean this is what happens in real life and love.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 09/26/17 6:42am

anangellooksdo
wn

OldFriends4Sale said:



anangellooksdown said:


OldFriends4Sale said:

* Not involved in his life for 30yrs? They continued to be friends the whole of Prince's life.



1. the note about the ballet 0+> wrote to Susannah in 1995 and then asked her to write him back. It is clear they continued to communicate

2. They were talking on the phone a lot during the time of FDeluxe. Then Prince got upset with her some time in the last few years on the phone, and then reconnected with her in the year before he died



3. He's had her on stage with him @ Paisley Park in 1989 during the US Lovesexy tour with Wendy & Lisa, he's had Susannah on stage with W & L during the ONA period to do A Love Bizarre and another song. Dedicated In This Bed I Scream to her Lisa & W on Emanicipation. Had her as one of the women on a possible all woman band in 1998 via the One video hidden messages


.


.


* According to Denise Matthews she got rid of all of that stuff when she had her conversion. I cannot see her holding onto that stuff..



I got rid of all the lingerie and cleaned house,” she explained.



http://www.mustardseedstories.com/demons-wanted-me-the-testimony-of-denise-matthews-formerly-known-as-vanity/



The experience led to her religious conversion, as she said that she’d received a vision from Jesus as she lay dying. She said that God wanted her to metaphorically “kill” Vanity and she did, reportedly discarding every interview or recording of herself as the sexed-up pop star, distancing herself from the entertainment world, and going by her given name only: Denise Matthews.



http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-sexy-holy-saga-of-vanity-princes-muse-who-found-god








Sal I seem to remember Prince had called Susannah out of love, and Susannah as usual used words that came across strangely and Prince reacted. He was extremely sensitive and sometines injured easily. Then they didn't speak again. Theres an interview somewhere on the Org with her shortly after his passing in which I could tell this was the case. I'm sorry but as much as I love Susannah when she started selling Starfish and Coffee T Shirts right after his passing (wasn't she the first to do something like that?) that really rubbed me the wrong way. Not trying to judge her, I just don't see Damaris or Andy or Lala selling his stuff. I do believe it's about the money and publicity, even though she might have some heart strings tied up in it.


I posted it on post #24 I don't think it was anything disrespectful. She was tending to her children, she said Prince was never in her space at such a moment trying to put them to bed.


.


The Starfish & Coffee items came as a result of a random person capitalizing off the song and making money. It had nothing to do with Prince's passing.


.


Damaris & Lala might not have anything, Damaris didn't date Prince, (I still don't know what is or isn't with Lala-she really has no 'spot' in the vision outside of 'acting' in a Prince video with QTip)


Also Andy is more 'recent'. There is no real 'history' yet to her and Prince. Very much a part of fun time on the 2nd 1/2 of Welcome 2 tours. But I think 'items' from earlier time periods might have more weight in value, financial or historic. Also Susannah is older that those other 3 in their 20s. An older person will view life and items much different than young women.





Ok now with all due respect I have a different perspective of all of this.
First, this is what Susannah said (you posted this in reply #24):

Susannah: My last contact with him was about the name of our band. He stopped talking to me. Completely. We’ve always talked throughout the years. But when it came to that it was the reason he’ll never talk to me again?
Susannah: We all tried to tell them that. The last time we spoke he heard my kids in the background, and my youngest one was little at the time, he said, “Is this a bad time?” I said, “No. I’m about to put my kids to sleep.” He had never actually heard that part of my world. It wasn’t a bad time. I said, “They are my concern but you have my time right now. “ He didn’t like that. He told Paul I was belligerent and that was enough for him. That’s 25 years of a friendship of sorts. I wouldn’t call it a real friendship. Prince said, “I’m done. I’m not going to speak to her. I’m only going to speak with you Paul,” And he had never spoken to Paul in any of the years. Ever.

What she was saying was this: "My kids are more important than you, but..."
That wasn't the response of a friend. The response of a friends would be something like this: "I have to put the kids to bed but I really want to talk. Can I call you back in a half hour or tomorrow?"
She also says that Prince had "never heard this part of my life before." What she is telling us without meaning to is that she knew this would hurt him because either he'd know she was trying to show off or make him jealous and Prince didn't dig that stuff, or maybe even there was a bit of regret that he didn't have that in his life.
Remember, she knew Prince well and he her, and she knew what buttons to push With him, and she and some others were also bitter towards him as we know from the way they talked about him so often before he died.

Now Prince forgives all of that now, and may have not always been good to her, we don't know, but it seems like old resentment was always brewing with her and some others.

2nd, I don't understand what that means, that the selling of the tee-shirts was a "random person capitalizing off the song." Am I missing something? I always thought she just started selling them right after he died.

3rd, I know the more recent girls are more recent, but Andy has his ear clips I think, Damaris as a friend only must have eons of photos and more, and Lala must have photos and other things too. Lala does capitalize somewhat by telling us things constantly about him but none of these girls have sold things that would still hold high value to Purple Fam and collectors. The only difference I see is that the older ones are farther away from the years they were at their most active, creative and lucrative!
nod

Just putting my perspective out there to be honest.
[Edited 9/26/17 6:43am]
[Edited 9/26/17 6:45am]
~Paisley Park is in your heart~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 09/26/17 6:52am

anangellooksdo
wn

OldFriends4Sale said:



anangellooksdown said:


OldFriends4Sale said:



Vashtix


Vashtix


Vashtix



We know from previous threads that you have a 'romantic' connection with Denise & Prince.



Pimping Prince? How can anyone 'pimp' Prince? He is dead.
Who owns any of the things Denise Matthews left behind?


Will they be respected and cared for? or will they be lost forever in the passage of time?



Prince and Denise Matthews were no longer lovers.


Prince was married twice and Denise was married twice.


That would constitute adultery, even if there was just


an emotional-romantic bond.


Denise wouldn't be down with that.


.


And the pissing on the grave thing. really?
Please... stop.


Watch and learn?


Listen and be deceived?


huh?
What is this? hmm



It is true that if things weren't sold to people who really want them, they might get lost in time, and it might be better to have them sold. I do think if someone doesn't want them anymore then they can sell them. I guess personally I can't relate to that since Prince means so much to me and even though I'd have memories I would also keep the mementos until my own passing. Maybe that would be selfish of me. It's not the action I'm looking at so much as the motive. I just wish people would be honest. "I have my memories and other things from that period of my life. I really need or would rather have the money and know there are people who will take good care of these items."



It depends. I look at 'possessions' much differently now, especially after having dealt with an aunt who has a hording issue. The emotional attachment to things is very strong.


.


Before I bought my home, I lived in a house that was family owned since their Italian grandmother bought it in 1940 something. The manys father passed away a few months after I moved in. The man/son for years just would not remove anything, update the house(outside of where I lived-I just would update it and tell him) But old rocking horse in the basement, the grandmothers things in the attic, couldn't touch the rosebushes -even though a weed tree was growing right up in the middle of one etc. He didn't live there physically, but he was still tied their emotionally.


.


I think the holding on of things or the letting go of things during a loss or greiving process will always be different for each person. There cannot be a set pattern for grieving. The time needed for each individual is going to be different. But if someone is still stuck in process 20yrs later, that is not healthy. But also depending on what it is, if someone shuts down and 'tries' to cut off very early, I don't think that is healthy either, but more understandable. 'Love your neighbor as yourself' If someone is lashing out at people, hurting people etc as a part of their grieving or holding on to the deceased, that is a serious problem.


.


My cousin passed away from cancer a few years ago. I watched her parents deal with that.
I also watched the 'get rid of everything' that belonged to her. It was really shocking to see it.


You would think people would hold onto a lot of stuff. But being 70something and living light affected it. The kept all pictures though, and they had one of those 'amusement' park pastel portraits she did when she was young, they kept that and framed it. But I talked them about how they processed it. And it was too much stuff was painful to hold on to, they gave a lot of items to her siblings.


.


I'm going to hold onto things from people I 'physically-intimately' know much easier than a 'star' I love Prince as much as you can someone you don't know, but it would be easier for me to part with 'Prince' items vs my parents siblings friend or lover. I do think about what is going to happen to my Prince collection (albums, cds, photos and my own 'vault' of unreleased music) if I don't wake up tomorrow.



Yes there is a balance about what to hold on to and what to let go of.
Here's a thought: if Susannah can let go of love notes and a marriage proposal from someone who's both a star and a past love, why not just give them away?
~Paisley Park is in your heart~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 09/26/17 6:55am

anangellooksdo
wn

IMO, of the women, the ones who've been the most respectful are Damaris and Bria. The whole topic though is kind of a double-edged issue, because there would also be less to know or have about Prince without those who talk and sell things. 😀
[Edited 9/26/17 6:57am]
~Paisley Park is in your heart~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 09/26/17 6:56am

laurarichardso
n

OldFriends4Sale said:

laurarichardson said:

OldFriends4Sale said: No one said he mastered Ballet. I said he took classes as a youth and that Suzi Q is overstating her involvement. What does my simply stating what is factual have to do with wanting to be in Prince's family? What does that comment have to do with this discussion? I do not give a fuck about who Prince got with or recorded with and have never implied anything of the sort. You think everyone that calls out the leeches is envious of the leeches? Why would I be envious of a women who does not work and who continually carries on about her boyfriend from 30 years ago who ran around her the entire time they were together. If she was smart she would knock it off and stop embarrassing herself. [Edited 9/26/17 3:12am]

But you are implying it. By saying he took a class or two in 'middle school' that he needed no one else to teach him or refresh him. So should we be similarly upset with the people at the Dance school in 1984 who talked about teaching him?

.

If you look at it in the content of while he and the band(s) are taking these dance instructions in 1984, Prince & Susannah walking down a quiet street and Prince saying "I need to get that move down, show it to me again" and they are twirling in the street. How is that such a cause of contention? I mean this is what happens in real life and love.

.

Well you say you are a women, and I can understand your reaction to other women who actually had a relationship with Prince and how you think they should be behave.

Yeah you do 'give a fuck' with who Prince got with, that is why you knew of Lala(who?) and that she and Prince were supposedly having sex(while he was either celebate or with Bria Valente)

But you are implying it. By saying he took a class or two in 'middle school' that he needed no one else to teach him or refresh him. So should we be similarly upset with the people at the Dance school in 1984 who talked about teaching him?

.

I am saying in plain English she is mentioning it to get attention for herself. She is attentioning seeking.

The people at the dance program are teachers they are suppose to teach.

If you look at it in the content of while he and the band(s) are taking these dance instructions in 1984, Prince & Susannah walking down a quiet street and Prince saying "I need to get that move down, show it to me again" and they are twirling in the street. How is that such a cause of contention? I mean this is what happens in real life and love.

Not contention. It is just Suzi Q inserting herself when she does not have to.

.

Well you say you are a women, and I can understand your reaction to other women who actually had a relationship with Prince and how you think they should be behave.

Yeah you do 'give a fuck' with who Prince got with, that is why you knew of Lala(who?) and that she and Prince were supposedly having sex(while he was either celebate or with Bria Valente)

So all women who call out his old girlfriends are angry because they did not get to sleep with Prince? Not the fact that I am commenting on asshat behavior an example would be Marva King and her crazy ass post. So know women can comment on anything these crazy chicks are saying unless we are envious? Do you realize how that comes across and how you come across for going there?

I know who La La is because she mentioned on this board prior to that I had no idea who she was. I checked out her Facebook and IG because she said some really nice things about him and for a while was the only person who knew him who came right out and said the rumors were B.S. You know something a friend should do. I do not know or care if she was having sex with Prince and she never said anything of the sort. We just know when she was around because of the videos she was in. Dr. Funkenberry even posted some still shots from some of the vids she did so he knows her as well.

One thing La La is not doing is making a living off of Prince's memory which I guess is why you do not who she is.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #88 posted 09/26/17 6:56am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

anangellooksdown said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

It depends. I look at 'possessions' much differently now, especially after having dealt with an aunt who has a hording issue. The emotional attachment to things is very strong.

.

Before I bought my home, I lived in a house that was family owned since their Italian grandmother bought it in 1940 something. The manys father passed away a few months after I moved in. The man/son for years just would not remove anything, update the house(outside of where I lived-I just would update it and tell him) But old rocking horse in the basement, the grandmothers things in the attic, couldn't touch the rosebushes -even though a weed tree was growing right up in the middle of one etc. He didn't live there physically, but he was still tied their emotionally.

.

I think the holding on of things or the letting go of things during a loss or greiving process will always be different for each person. There cannot be a set pattern for grieving. The time needed for each individual is going to be different. But if someone is still stuck in process 20yrs later, that is not healthy. But also depending on what it is, if someone shuts down and 'tries' to cut off very early, I don't think that is healthy either, but more understandable. 'Love your neighbor as yourself' If someone is lashing out at people, hurting people etc as a part of their grieving or holding on to the deceased, that is a serious problem.

.

My cousin passed away from cancer a few years ago. I watched her parents deal with that.
I also watched the 'get rid of everything' that belonged to her. It was really shocking to see it.

You would think people would hold onto a lot of stuff. But being 70something and living light affected it. The kept all pictures though, and they had one of those 'amusement' park pastel portraits she did when she was young, they kept that and framed it. But I talked them about how they processed it. And it was too much stuff was painful to hold on to, they gave a lot of items to her siblings.

.

I'm going to hold onto things from people I 'physically-intimately' know much easier than a 'star' I love Prince as much as you can someone you don't know, but it would be easier for me to part with 'Prince' items vs my parents siblings friend or lover. I do think about what is going to happen to my Prince collection (albums, cds, photos and my own 'vault' of unreleased music) if I don't wake up tomorrow.

Yes there is a balance about what to hold on to and what to let go of. Here's a thought: if Susannah can let go of love notes and a marriage proposal from someone who's both a star and a past love, why not just give them away?

Because she also knows the importance of stuff in the 'canon' of Prince history?

The RR auction is about curators, people who will know how to 'keep' / 'preserve' items for the future. I thought to myself too, why not give them to Paisley Park. But for some reason I think PP is still too wishy washy.

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #89 posted 09/26/17 6:57am

laurarichardso
n

anangellooksdown said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

It depends. I look at 'possessions' much differently now, especially after having dealt with an aunt who has a hording issue. The emotional attachment to things is very strong.

.

Before I bought my home, I lived in a house that was family owned since their Italian grandmother bought it in 1940 something. The manys father passed away a few months after I moved in. The man/son for years just would not remove anything, update the house(outside of where I lived-I just would update it and tell him) But old rocking horse in the basement, the grandmothers things in the attic, couldn't touch the rosebushes -even though a weed tree was growing right up in the middle of one etc. He didn't live there physically, but he was still tied their emotionally.

.

I think the holding on of things or the letting go of things during a loss or greiving process will always be different for each person. There cannot be a set pattern for grieving. The time needed for each individual is going to be different. But if someone is still stuck in process 20yrs later, that is not healthy. But also depending on what it is, if someone shuts down and 'tries' to cut off very early, I don't think that is healthy either, but more understandable. 'Love your neighbor as yourself' If someone is lashing out at people, hurting people etc as a part of their grieving or holding on to the deceased, that is a serious problem.

.

My cousin passed away from cancer a few years ago. I watched her parents deal with that.
I also watched the 'get rid of everything' that belonged to her. It was really shocking to see it.

You would think people would hold onto a lot of stuff. But being 70something and living light affected it. The kept all pictures though, and they had one of those 'amusement' park pastel portraits she did when she was young, they kept that and framed it. But I talked them about how they processed it. And it was too much stuff was painful to hold on to, they gave a lot of items to her siblings.

.

I'm going to hold onto things from people I 'physically-intimately' know much easier than a 'star' I love Prince as much as you can someone you don't know, but it would be easier for me to part with 'Prince' items vs my parents siblings friend or lover. I do think about what is going to happen to my Prince collection (albums, cds, photos and my own 'vault' of unreleased music) if I don't wake up tomorrow.

Yes there is a balance about what to hold on to and what to let go of. Here's a thought: if Susannah can let go of love notes and a marriage proposal from someone who's both a star and a past love, why not just give them away?

She would not make any money if she gave them away. She could have given this stuff to Paisely Park.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Susannah Melvoin interview with RR auction .