independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 18th Nov 2017 1:17pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Apollonia, Jill Jones, Brenda and Susan banned from Paisley Park?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 14 of 14 « First<567891011121314
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #390 posted 08/26/17 4:53pm

purplefam99

OldFriends4Sale said:



I was trying to find the post that we discussed the Kirk/JJ angle to post this




Image may contain: one or more people and text




Oh wow, that is def a possible angle.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #391 posted 08/26/17 6:33pm

rogifan

Hey Jill 🖕🏻
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #392 posted 08/27/17 11:46am

clairew1975

Asenath0607 said:



clairew1975 said:


I have no idea how my original thread about the four ladies being banned from PP, has escalated into who wrote "wonderful ass"? Unless they got their asses out at PP and got banned (lol) this thread's gone off topic. {Sigh}

I was sitting here thinking the exact same thing and trying to figure out the rules of when, why and how certain threads get locked because they veer off topic and why some comments are deleted because they aren't on topic; but it's ok to discuss everything under the sun having nothing to do with the ladies being banned. go figure.



I know right!! I started this thread and its gone SO off topic most of it has NOTHING to do with the original topic. Sigh!

Edited: I said three pages off "off topic" posts but realised nearly the whole thing is OFF topic!!
[Edited 8/27/17 11:54am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #393 posted 08/27/17 11:59am

clairew1975

Asenath0607 said:



purplefam99 said:


That was a good discussion and a good read thanks to you all for hashing it out!!

I respectfully disagree. It was not on topic and the discussion should have been moved to it's own thread beause it veered WAYYYYY off topic of the OP it shut down any discussion of why Jill might be get banned from PP when she wasn't in the vicinity, why and what would be the real reason behind such a ban.

[Edited 8/25/17 1:16am]



I disagree as well! I started this thread and most of it has NOTHING to do with the original topic of discussion. Having to wade through pages of discussions about who wrote Wonderful Ass and Vanity is infuriating. There are other discussion boards for that.

Can we PLEASE get BACK ON TOPIC! Thank you.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #394 posted 08/27/17 6:05pm

bondno9

avatar

purplefam99 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

I was trying to find the post that we discussed the Kirk/JJ angle to post this

Image may contain: one or more people and text

Oh wow, that is def a possible angle.

I still think this was the main reason behind the "ban." Also interesting, how JJ basically threw Apollonia (her so called friend) under the bus by stating she was reason for the ban

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #395 posted 08/27/17 6:28pm

SoulAlive

OldFriends4Sale said:

I was trying to find the post that we discussed the Kirk/JJ angle to post this

Image may contain: one or more people and text

She seems like such a bitter,angry woman....smh

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #396 posted 08/28/17 11:04am

nelcp777

SoulAlive said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

I was trying to find the post that we discussed the Kirk/JJ angle to post this

Image may contain: one or more people and text

She seems like such a bitter,angry woman....smh

I agree with your comment. She does seem bitter, but then I always got the vibe that she let's you know where you stand with her. Just a big 'ol cat fight.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #397 posted 08/28/17 12:19pm

1Sasha

If Jill has an opinion, she'll tell you straight what it is. I think part of the issue is that these women know things, from the 80s era, and they may even know things about the recent past, although they got the information from people who had contact with Prince in the years before he died, so none of it is firsthand information. Prince compartmentalized people and I honestly don't think he had one person who knew everything about his personal life. KJ might have come closest, but he was still an employee.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #398 posted 08/28/17 12:46pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

clairew1975 said:

Asenath0607 said:

I respectfully disagree. It was not on topic and the discussion should have been moved to it's own thread beause it veered WAYYYYYY off topic of the OP it shut down any discussion of why Jill might be get banned from PP when she wasn't in the vicinity, why and what would be the real reason behind such a ban.

[Edited 8/25/17 1:16am]

I disagree as well! I started this thread and most of it has NOTHING to do with the original topic of discussion. Having to wade through pages of discussions about who wrote Wonderful Ass and Vanity is infuriating. There are other discussion boards for that. Can we PLEASE get BACK ON TOPIC! Thank you.

The thread seemed to be on topic for about 9 pages.
That is pretty good for a 'speculation' thread

Because outside of what JJ post, everything else is speculation.
And if you read through in the last 3 pages the thread is still on topic

We are talking, you the op are not, jump in.
Do you have anything more than what JJ post.
I think we've exhausted what we know.

4 months later there is nothing else from that event

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #399 posted 08/28/17 2:23pm

clairew1975

OldFriends4Sale said:



clairew1975 said:


Asenath0607 said:


I respectfully disagree. It was not on topic and the discussion should have been moved to it's own thread beause it veered WAYYYYY off topic of the OP it shut down any discussion of why Jill might be get banned from PP when she wasn't in the vicinity, why and what would be the real reason behind such a ban.


[Edited 8/25/17 1:16am]



I disagree as well! I started this thread and most of it has NOTHING to do with the original topic of discussion. Having to wade through pages of discussions about who wrote Wonderful Ass and Vanity is infuriating. There are other discussion boards for that. Can we PLEASE get BACK ON TOPIC! Thank you.


The thread seemed to be on topic for about 9 pages.
That is pretty good for a 'speculation' thread


Because outside of what JJ post, everything else is speculation.
And if you read through in the last 3 pages the thread is still on topic


We are talking, you the op are not, jump in.
Do you have anything more than what JJ post.
I think we've exhausted what we know.


4 months later there is nothing else from that event





I'll jump in as soon as anyone has something to add that's relevant to my thread. I think the speculation over who wrote Wonderful Ass is exhausted as well.
On both topics there doesn't seem to be a definite answer.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #400 posted 08/28/17 4:31pm

NotACleverName

avatar

clairew1975 said:

Asenath0607 said:



purplefam99 said:


That was a good discussion and a good read thanks to you all for hashing it out!!

I respectfully disagree. It was not on topic and the discussion should have been moved to it's own thread beause it veered WAYYYYY off topic of the OP it shut down any discussion of why Jill might be get banned from PP when she wasn't in the vicinity, why and what would be the real reason behind such a ban.

[Edited 8/25/17 1:16am]



I disagree as well! I started this thread and most of it has NOTHING to do with the original topic of discussion. Having to wade through pages of discussions about who wrote Wonderful Ass and Vanity is infuriating. There are other discussion boards for that.

Can we PLEASE get BACK ON TOPIC! Thank you.

I agree with you, clairew1975. I was enjoying the discussion on this thread and suddenly wondered how I ended up in the "Wonderful Ass" thread! The "Jill Jones Post" thread has also gone off topic....much like this one. It seems all threads lead to Vanity in this particular forum.
"Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence......." ~ DESIDERATA ~ Max Ehrmann
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #401 posted 08/28/17 5:53pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

clairew1975 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

The thread seemed to be on topic for about 9 pages.
That is pretty good for a 'speculation' thread

Because outside of what JJ post, everything else is speculation.
And if you read through in the last 3 pages the thread is still on topic

We are talking, you the op are not, jump in.
Do you have anything more than what JJ post.
I think we've exhausted what we know.

4 months later there is nothing else from that event

I'll jump in as soon as anyone has something to add that's relevant to my thread. I think the speculation over who wrote Wonderful Ass is exhausted as well. On both topics there doesn't seem to be a definite answer.

Read post 388

Many of us are looking at the issues of JJ post and what happened.
Some tried to say the Revolution banned her, which doesn't make sense nor add up.

There is a whole train of posts about this. Then we are looking at Kirk, whom JJ has issue with and he is an 'employee' of PP, #388. So the thread is going as relevant as possible, with only JJ actual post to go on.

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #402 posted 08/28/17 7:06pm

bondno9

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

clairew1975 said:

OldFriends4Sale said: I'll jump in as soon as anyone has something to add that's relevant to my thread. I think the speculation over who wrote Wonderful Ass is exhausted as well. On both topics there doesn't seem to be a definite answer.

Read post 388

Many of us are looking at the issues of JJ post and what happened.
Some tried to say the Revolution banned her, which doesn't make sense nor add up.

There is a whole train of posts about this. Then we are looking at Kirk, whom JJ has issue with and he is an 'employee' of PP, #388. So the thread is going as relevant as possible, with only JJ actual post to go on.

So, did someone put this whole "ban" thing out there on social media and JJ just basically fueled the flames by responding to it on Twitter and FB? She claims all this went down when she was still in the air, but how could it? The Rev performed at PP on the 21st. Her Instagram has photos from the 21st, but she's in MinniApple (walking around First Ave) with that Seth Nesbitt dude. No pics of her with Apollonia or Susan from the 21st. The Time performed next day, the 22nd. Sooo, again when did all the "drama" go down??? How could she have been banned when flying in late eve of the 20th? She was nowhere near PP, but obviously in MinniApple. I think she was told the morning of the 21st not to come to PP. Vice Versa, from Apollonia's IG page on the 21st she stated all of Prince's PR family was in his house celebrating him. Now maybe Apples took a photo on the 21st and then that's how she was banned. JJ gets banned on the 21st (due to REV, poss Kirk?) but Apollonia gets invited to PP, takes a photo and then she is banned (along with Susan and the invisible Brenda). Next day (22nd) JJ, Apollonia, Susan appear at the Dance Til Dawn Event but don't see The Time earlier that day because of the "ban".

[Edited 8/28/17 19:07pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #403 posted 08/28/17 7:38pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

bondno9 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Read post 388

Many of us are looking at the issues of JJ post and what happened.
Some tried to say the Revolution banned her, which doesn't make sense nor add up.

There is a whole train of posts about this. Then we are looking at Kirk, whom JJ has issue with and he is an 'employee' of PP, #388. So the thread is going as relevant as possible, with only JJ actual post to go on.

So, did someone put this whole "ban" thing out there on social media and JJ just basically fueled the flames by responding to it on Twitter and FB? She claims all this went down when she was still in the air, but how could it? The Rev performed at PP on the 21st. Her Instagram has photos from the 21st, but she's in MinniApple (walking around First Ave) with that Seth Nesbitt dude. No pics of her with Apollonia or Susan from the 21st. The Time performed next day, the 22nd. Sooo, again when did all the "drama" go down??? How could she have been banned when flying in late eve of the 20th? She was nowhere near PP, but obviously in MinniApple. I think she was told the morning of the 21st not to come to PP. Vice Versa, from Apollonia's IG page on the 21st she stated all of Prince's PR family was in his house celebrating him. Now maybe Apples took a photo on the 21st and then that's how she was banned. JJ gets banned on the 21st (due to REV, poss Kirk?) but Apollonia gets invited to PP, takes a photo and then she is banned (along with Susan and the invisible Brenda). Next day (22nd) JJ, Apollonia, Susan appear at the Dance Til Dawn Event but don't see The Time earlier that day because of the "ban".

[Edited 8/28/17 19:07pm]

Clairew1975 said she 'read it on twitter' I don't know if it was Jills twitter or someone elses

Clairew1975 can you clarify?

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #404 posted 08/28/17 9:02pm

purplefam99

OldFriends4Sale said:



bondno9 said:




OldFriends4Sale said:





Read post 388


Many of us are looking at the issues of JJ post and what happened.
Some tried to say the Revolution banned her, which doesn't make sense nor add up.


There is a whole train of posts about this. Then we are looking at Kirk, whom JJ has issue with and he is an 'employee' of PP, #388. So the thread is going as relevant as possible, with only JJ actual post to go on.






So, did someone put this whole "ban" thing out there on social media and JJ just basically fueled the flames by responding to it on Twitter and FB? She claims all this went down when she was still in the air, but how could it? The Rev performed at PP on the 21st. Her Instagram has photos from the 21st, but she's in MinniApple (walking around First Ave) with that Seth Nesbitt dude. No pics of her with Apollonia or Susan from the 21st. The Time performed next day, the 22nd. Sooo, again when did all the "drama" go down??? How could she have been banned when flying in late eve of the 20th? She was nowhere near PP, but obviously in MinniApple. I think she was told the morning of the 21st not to come to PP. Vice Versa, from Apollonia's IG page on the 21st she stated all of Prince's PR family was in his house celebrating him. Now maybe Apples took a photo on the 21st and then that's how she was banned. JJ gets banned on the 21st (due to REV, poss Kirk?) but Apollonia gets invited to PP, takes a photo and then she is banned (along with Susan and the invisible Brenda). Next day (22nd) JJ, Apollonia, Susan appear at the Dance Til Dawn Event but don't see The Time earlier that day because of the "ban".


[Edited 8/28/17 19:07pm]





Clairew1975 said she 'read it on twitter' I don't know if it was Jills twitter or someone elses

Clairew1975 can you clarify?






Yes clairew1975 when you have a chance could you clarify. Thx
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #405 posted 08/29/17 12:53am

2045RadicalMat
tZ

laurarichardson said:

Rev said:



OldFriends4Sale said:




Rev said:




These associated artist seem to want to project their memories as "the truth". Jill's mouth will not allow them to walk un challenged in their new purple safety bubble.


No wonder he broke up the Revolution. Jill wasn't the problem. Like Prince was going to take crap from Wendy after him and Susannah broke up. See ya.




R U even schooled on this history.
Prince remained friends with them throught his life and had them perform with him and offered input on their album and had them do some work on one his latter albums.



tumblr_lwagddZgNF1qaxurwo1_250.gif




Hi, I've been around since the 2nd album. I was speaking to his relationship(s) situation at the time. Not musically or friendships. Prince was talented at making women feel unique/special. I'm sure Wendy reporting back to Susannah was prohibitive to his game. Not the main reason for breaking up the band, but probably a nice benefit.


--Could be because Devin Devasquez said she went out to a couple of PR shows to meet Prince and that she saw Wendy and Lisa and wanted to be introduced but he refused to introduce her and she never met the band at all. She had Wally to escort her to Prince's hotel suite and she hung out with him.



Don't you mean he HUNG OUT with her? God that Devin Devasquez was a fiiiiine.....
"Damn Dolores, pick another subject, please...introduce the carpet to something other than your knees...."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #406 posted 08/29/17 6:31am

clairew1975

purplefam99 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:



bondno9 said:




OldFriends4Sale said:





Read post 388


Many of us are looking at the issues of JJ post and what happened.
Some tried to say the Revolution banned her, which doesn't make sense nor add up.


There is a whole train of posts about this. Then we are looking at Kirk, whom JJ has issue with and he is an 'employee' of PP, #388. So the thread is going as relevant as possible, with only JJ actual post to go on.






So, did someone put this whole "ban" thing out there on social media and JJ just basically fueled the flames by responding to it on Twitter and FB? She claims all this went down when she was still in the air, but how could it? The Rev performed at PP on the 21st. Her Instagram has photos from the 21st, but she's in MinniApple (walking around First Ave) with that Seth Nesbitt dude. No pics of her with Apollonia or Susan from the 21st. The Time performed next day, the 22nd. Sooo, again when did all the "drama" go down??? How could she have been banned when flying in late eve of the 20th? She was nowhere near PP, but obviously in MinniApple. I think she was told the morning of the 21st not to come to PP. Vice Versa, from Apollonia's IG page on the 21st she stated all of Prince's PR family was in his house celebrating him. Now maybe Apples took a photo on the 21st and then that's how she was banned. JJ gets banned on the 21st (due to REV, poss Kirk?) but Apollonia gets invited to PP, takes a photo and then she is banned (along with Susan and the invisible Brenda). Next day (22nd) JJ, Apollonia, Susan appear at the Dance Til Dawn Event but don't see The Time earlier that day because of the "ban".


[Edited 8/28/17 19:07pm]





Clairew1975 said she 'read it on twitter' I don't know if it was Jills twitter or someone elses

Clairew1975 can you clarify?






Yes clairew1975 when you have a chance could you clarify. Thx



Hi, I can clarify that I read it on Twitter from Jill Jones very own Twitter account. She was responding to tweets from people who were asking about the ban. She confirmed it was true.

My very first post has the Tweets from Jill Jones who was being asked about it. I don't know how to share links and Jill Jones has protected her Twitter account so only those already following her can read them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #407 posted 08/29/17 6:39am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

clairew1975 said:

purplefam99 said:
Yes clairew1975 when you have a chance could you clarify. Thx
Hi, I can clarify that I read it on Twitter from Jill Jones very own Twitter account. She was responding to tweets from people who were asking about the ban. She confirmed it was true. My very first post has the Tweets from Jill Jones who was being asked about it. I don't know how to share links and Jill Jones has protected her Twitter account so only those already following her can read them.

Thanks

So I wonder where did fans hear about this ban. Maybe they were at the even when it happened or something

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #408 posted 08/29/17 7:05am

clairew1975

OldFriends4Sale said:



clairew1975 said:


purplefam99 said:
Yes clairew1975 when you have a chance could you clarify. Thx

Hi, I can clarify that I read it on Twitter from Jill Jones very own Twitter account. She was responding to tweets from people who were asking about the ban. She confirmed it was true. My very first post has the Tweets from Jill Jones who was being asked about it. I don't know how to share links and Jill Jones has protected her Twitter account so only those already following her can read them.



Thanks



So I wonder where did fans hear about this ban. Maybe they were at the even when it happened or something



I'm not very knowledgeable on how to post screenshots on here so I'll add links. I hope it works.

So someone on Twitter tweeted and tagged Jill into their tweet:

https://twitter.com/rhonn...8367227904

The original tweet mentioned Jill and Apples being banned.


Jill responded and said it was "four women"


https://twitter.com/jilld...4832613382

And then confirmed it was her, Apples, Brenda and Susan.

https://twitter.com/jilld...6454449152

Jill says she was not there when Apples took the tour of the museum (she was on a flight) but her security told her she was banned when she arrived. Jill didn't go into details of why she was banned.

Apples taking a picture in the museum is only confirmed reason.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #409 posted 08/29/17 7:07am

purplefam99

OldFriends4Sale said:



clairew1975 said:


purplefam99 said:
Yes clairew1975 when you have a chance could you clarify. Thx

Hi, I can clarify that I read it on Twitter from Jill Jones very own Twitter account. She was responding to tweets from people who were asking about the ban. She confirmed it was true. My very first post has the Tweets from Jill Jones who was being asked about it. I don't know how to share links and Jill Jones has protected her Twitter account so only those already following her can read them.



Thanks



So I wonder where did fans hear about this ban. Maybe they were at the even when it happened or something




If they were there why so late asking about the ban, kinda odd to me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #410 posted 08/29/17 7:13am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

purplefam99 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Thanks

So I wonder where did fans hear about this ban. Maybe they were at the even when it happened or something

If they were there why so late asking about the ban, kinda odd to me.

Yeah a lot of weirdness in uptown, and people trying to keep stuff stirred up.

That show was April 2016

4 months later we(most of us) are just hearing about it

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #411 posted 08/29/17 7:30am

clairew1975

OldFriends4Sale said:



purplefam99 said:


OldFriends4Sale said:




Thanks



So I wonder where did fans hear about this ban. Maybe they were at the even when it happened or something



If they were there why so late asking about the ban, kinda odd to me.


Yeah a lot of weirdness in uptown, and people trying to keep stuff stirred up.



That show was April 2016


4 months later we(most of us) are just hearing about it





Don't you mean April 2017?

Jill said the ban was this year so must have been during the first anniversary events at PP this year.

No idea how it got "leaked" but Militant said he knew about it at the time. Maybe he knows more info?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #412 posted 08/29/17 7:43am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

clairew1975 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Yeah a lot of weirdness in uptown, and people trying to keep stuff stirred up.

That show was April 2016

4 months later we(most of us) are just hearing about it

Don't you mean April 2017? Jill said the ban was this year so must have been during the first anniversary events at PP this year. No idea how it got "leaked" but Militant said he knew about it at the time. Maybe he knows more info?

right

I meant 2017

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #413 posted 08/29/17 1:07pm

CatB

OldFriends4Sale said:

clairew1975 said:

purplefam99 said: Hi, I can clarify that I read it on Twitter from Jill Jones very own Twitter account. She was responding to tweets from people who were asking about the ban. She confirmed it was true. My very first post has the Tweets from Jill Jones who was being asked about it. I don't know how to share links and Jill Jones has protected her Twitter account so only those already following her can read them.

Thanks

So I wonder where did fans hear about this ban. Maybe they were at the even when it happened or something




When this girl who worked at PP and was fired posted about it on her FB Jill commented that she and Susan and Apples were banned too. The girl deleted the post on the same day.

All this was before people started to discuss the ban here.







"Time is space spent with U"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #414 posted 08/29/17 4:52pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

CatB said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Thanks

So I wonder where did fans hear about this ban. Maybe they were at the even when it happened or something




When this girl who worked at PP and was fired posted about it on her FB Jill commented that she and Susan and Apples were banned too. The girl deleted the post on the same day.

All this was before people started to discuss the ban here.







Oh ok

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #415 posted 09/03/17 3:25pm

laurarichardso
n

2045RadicalMattZ said:

laurarichardson said:


--Could be because Devin Devasquez said she went out to a couple of PR shows to meet Prince and that she saw Wendy and Lisa and wanted to be introduced but he refused to introduce her and she never met the band at all. She had Wally to escort her to Prince's hotel suite and she hung out with him.



Don't you mean he HUNG OUT with her? God that Devin Devasquez was a fiiiiine.....

--Well Wally took her to Prince's room so I guess I see her going to hang with him. She also got called to come and see him out on the road from time to time.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #416 posted 09/06/17 4:34pm

sag10

avatar

laurarichardson said:

Militant said:

I actually heard about this right after it happened, but didn't want to say anything publically before the people involved did.

It's very poor form. Hopefully Kirk can do something about this.








--I love your faith in Kirk. It is hysterical.


RIGHT!!!
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect, it means you've decided to look beyond the imperfections... unknown
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #417 posted 09/14/17 8:39pm

carmenme

OldFriends4Sale said:

purplefam99 said:

yes he loved mystique, what better way to encourage it.

Yes he did, and I believe it was partially why 'purple culture' was so addictive, and 30+yrs later

It needs to be a college elective course.

I have been told that courses are currently being formed referencing Prince in the varied content areas of higher education and high school as well. I believe there will be Master's thesis and PHD dissertations on Prince in a very few years if not sooner especially considering the conferences, lectures, forums, etc. that we have experienced since his death.

I am so excited to witness his impact on learning. Academically, the music world in particular has new fodder!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #418 posted 09/17/17 5:50pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Here is Apollonia with Lisa Coleman and BrownMark after the April 2017 Celebration @ Paisley Park after one of the Revolution shows

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, indoor

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #419 posted 09/24/17 7:44am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Jill Jones talked about what happened in a 'recent' (I don't know how recent) live feed that it was Paisley Park associates who were there from the 89/90 period that were involved. She's talked about her time in Paisley Park in 89/90 and how she did not like any of the new people and they branded her a bitch, and this has likely continued into why she was banned, and how she's spoken against what Paisley Park is doing.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and indoor

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 14 of 14 « First<567891011121314
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Apollonia, Jill Jones, Brenda and Susan banned from Paisley Park?