independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 27th Jul 2017 7:50am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Prince fired The Revolution because of his vanity?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 07/08/17 1:52pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

wonder505 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

check out

41iTB2AllVL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Another book based on limited third party interviews and another author trying his darnest to piece together and make a connection into Prince's personality. And that panel with him, Quest Love and Alan Leeds at a book discussion did not help.

Let's talk about Wendy's personality? Can I dissect her and discuss how she may have contributed to getting the boot from Prince. Or are we to assume that Wendy and Lisa are complete perfect Angels.

the break was emotional

.

dedicated to Wendy Susannah & Lisa

2 these walls I talk
Tellin' 'em what I wasn't strong enough 2 say
2 these walls I talk
Tellin' 'em how I cried the day U went away

How did we ever lose communication?
How did we ever lose each other's sound?
Baby, if U wanna, we can fix the situation
Maybe we can stop the rain from coming down

Yeah

In this bed I scream
Lonely nights I lay awake thinking of U
And if I'm cursed with a dream
A thousand times I feel whatever I've put U through

Tell me, how're we gonna put this back 2gether?
How're we gonna think with the same mind?
Knowing all along that life is so much better
Living and loving 2gether all the time

Living and loving

In this bed I, in this bed I, in this bed I scream

In this car I drive
I'm looking 4 the road that leads back 2 the soul we shared
With my very life
I'd gladly be the body upon the cross we bear (Cross we bear)

How did we ever lose communication? (How did we?)
How did we ever lose each other's sound? (I don't know)
Baby, if U wanna, we can fix the situation
Maybe we can stop the rain from coming down

Maybe we can't, maybe we can
Stop the rain, stop the rain

In this bed I, in this bed I, in this bed I scream
I scream

In this bed I scream

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 07/09/17 5:40am

wonder505

Isnt it always an emotional breakup for a band? For the most part?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 07/09/17 3:02pm

Vashtix

wonder505 said:

Isnt it always an emotional breakup for a band? For the most part?

It is but I do not hear NPG or 3rd Eye Girl droning and complaining.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 07/09/17 5:45pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Sorry couldn't resist.

OldFriends4Sale said:

I think there is supposed to be a 'book club' discussion on the Org soon

Types of women in your book club_the recruiter

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 07/09/17 5:53pm

wonder505

Vashtix said:



wonder505 said:


Isnt it always an emotional breakup for a band? For the most part?



It is but I do not hear NPG or 3rd Eye Girl droning and complaining.



:nod:
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 07/09/17 7:34pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Vashtix said:

wonder505 said:

Isnt it always an emotional breakup for a band? For the most part?

It is but I do not hear NPG or 3rd Eye Girl droning and complaining.

You're right you never hear a peep out of them. Lisa, Wendy and the rest of The Rev, all they do is complain.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 07/09/17 8:31pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

PennyPurple said:

Vashtix said:

It is but I do not hear NPG or 3rd Eye Girl droning and complaining.

You're right you never hear a peep out of them. Lisa, Wendy and the rest of The Rev, all they do is complain.

No they don't PennyPurple,

business relationships outside of Prince not paying people through his career, usually yeild bitching.
So yeah NPG members have from Levi(people believe he is one from bitterness released a bunch of stuff from the vault) Rosie Gaines and a few others.

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 07/09/17 8:32pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

There is a passive aggressive conversation here, that I'm not continuing. U know who u r wink

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 07/10/17 6:03am

wonder505

OldFriends4Sale said:

There is a passive aggressive conversation here, that I'm not continuing. U know who u r wink

Why, because we dont believe everything is Prince's fault and dont believe Prince is the only one to be psycholoanalyzed. That maybe Wendy and the other band members have faults too?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 07/10/17 7:47am

AnnaSantana

...."hurted"? Really?
Just fun....nothing ethereal.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 07/10/17 9:29am

rdhull

avatar

AnnaSantana said:

...."hurted"? Really?

lol
What would we do without all these jerks anyway? Besides, all our friends are here.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 07/11/17 5:36am

luvgirl

PennyPurple said:

Sorry couldn't resist.



OldFriends4Sale said:







I think there is supposed to be a 'book club' discussion on the Org soon



Types of women in your book club_the recruiter



When is this book club? Are we supposed to start reading the book yet?
I just want you here, I just want you near me baby, cause I'm scared I'll cry, I love you like crazy.
~RIP~
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 07/11/17 6:05am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

luvgirl said:

PennyPurple said:

Sorry couldn't resist.

keep-calm-and-join-the-book-club-1.jpg

When is this book club? Are we supposed to start reading the book yet?

I'm ready 4 it

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 07/11/17 8:24am

PennyPurple

avatar

I am not doing the book club. But I will do one if the Husney book ever comes out.

luvgirl said:

PennyPurple said:

Sorry couldn't resist.

Types of women in your book club_the recruiter

When is this book club? Are we supposed to start reading the book yet?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 07/11/17 5:22pm

laurarichardso
n

OldFriends4Sale said:



PennyPurple said:




Vashtix said:



It is but I do not hear NPG or 3rd Eye Girl droning and complaining.



You're right you never hear a peep out of them. Lisa, Wendy and the rest of The Rev, all they do is complain.




No they don't PennyPurple,



business relationships outside of Prince not paying people through his career, usually yeild bitching.
So yeah NPG members have from Levi(people believe he is one from bitterness released a bunch of stuff from the vault) Rosie Gaines and a few others.




Yes they do and all of these people were fools for not realizing they were worker that were hired for projects they have no copyrights on anything so you will get no royalties. None of these people had recording contracts with WB they were paid by PRN. A few people cannot get this in their skulls and you know if they come at the estate that can just forget it. Music businees is tough and even Prince got his ass handed too him so why would lesser talented people think they would come out of it unscathed. Oh and the rumor is that Duane stole tapes and put them on the bootleg market. Do you think he was an unpaid musician or just greedy and crazy? Anyway they are all cashing in now do I hope they all spend the next 10 years making loads of money off of Prince blood, sweat and tears.
[Edited 7/11/17 17:25pm]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 07/11/17 8:23pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

laurarichardson said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

No they don't PennyPurple,

business relationships outside of Prince not paying people through his career, usually yeild bitching.
So yeah NPG members have from Levi(people believe he is one from bitterness released a bunch of stuff from the vault) Rosie Gaines and a few others.

Yes they do and all of these people were fools for not realizing they were worker that were hired for projects they have no copyrights on anything so you will get no royalties. None of these people had recording contracts with WB they were paid by PRN. A few people cannot get this in their skulls and you know if they come at the estate that can just forget it. Music businees is tough and even Prince got his ass handed too him so why would lesser talented people think they would come out of it unscathed. Oh and the rumor is that Duane stole tapes and put them on the bootleg market. Do you think he was an unpaid musician or just greedy and crazy? Anyway they are all cashing in now do I hope they all spend the next 10 years making loads of money off of Prince blood, sweat and tears. [Edited 7/11/17 17:25pm]

No they don't.
All they do is complain is a bold face lie. Seriously?

And Prince said he never cried again after his father cut him off.

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 07/11/17 9:09pm

purplerabbitho
le

Prince has cried since his dad cut him off. Unless he rubbed onions in his eyes during a few scenes in Purple Rain or on stage in 1990-91 when he got an achievement award, he's cried.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that maybe Prince fired W and L for both reasons presented by oldfriends4sale and Laura...they pulled some stuff that he deemed unprofessional and because he was fearful they were going to leave him(over artistic differences as well as personal ones--susannah etc) and he had rather fire them than try to work it out only for them to end up leaving him anyhow. He saw dissent in the ranks and protected his interests and his heart. Also, he might have felt like he needed to reassert his position as a solo artist especially if band members are trying to assert a certain amount of influence he was uncomfortable with. Prince was a control freak but I don't think he really like conflict all that much (it was probably unsettling.)

As for W and L, I don't blame them either if they were upset at him for cheating on Susannah or if they wanted more credit and input. It sounds like Prince dangled the carrot and then pulled it away when he got uncomfortable. In other words, both sides have a point. Sometimes, you just hit an impasse.

[Edited 7/11/17 21:11pm]

[Edited 7/11/17 22:01pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 07/12/17 5:17am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

that was acting.

purplerabbithole said:

Prince has cried since his dad cut him off. Unless he rubbed onions in his eyes during a few scenes in Purple Rain or on stage in 1990-91 when he got an achievement award, he's cried.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that maybe Prince fired W and L for both reasons presented by oldfriends4sale and Laura...they pulled some stuff that he deemed unprofessional and because he was fearful they were going to leave him(over artistic differences as well as personal ones--susannah etc) and he had rather fire them than try to work it out only for them to end up leaving him anyhow. He saw dissent in the ranks and protected his interests and his heart. Also, he might have felt like he needed to reassert his position as a solo artist especially if band members are trying to assert a certain amount of influence he was uncomfortable with. Prince was a control freak but I don't think he really like conflict all that much (it was probably unsettling.)

As for W and L, I don't blame them either if they were upset at him for cheating on Susannah or if they wanted more credit and input. It sounds like Prince dangled the carrot and then pulled it away when he got uncomfortable. In other words, both sides have a point. Sometimes, you just hit an impasse.

[Edited 7/11/17 21:11pm]

[Edited 7/11/17 22:01pm]

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 07/12/17 7:27am

purplerabbitho
le

Its still crying even if it is in a film or on stage after getting an award.

And since we didn't know him personally, and he made that statement in the early 80's, I am not sure we can assume he hasn't legitimately cried since his dad booted him. Mayte claimed that he cried over their child. I am going to assume that Prince was a human being capable of human emotion and that if he can conjure up tears for a film performance, he can have them for real.. Call me a deluded non-fan..or whatever.

OldFriends4Sale said:

that was acting.

purplerabbithole said:

Prince has cried since his dad cut him off. Unless he rubbed onions in his eyes during a few scenes in Purple Rain or on stage in 1990-91 when he got an achievement award, he's cried.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that maybe Prince fired W and L for both reasons presented by oldfriends4sale and Laura...they pulled some stuff that he deemed unprofessional and because he was fearful they were going to leave him(over artistic differences as well as personal ones--susannah etc) and he had rather fire them than try to work it out only for them to end up leaving him anyhow. He saw dissent in the ranks and protected his interests and his heart. Also, he might have felt like he needed to reassert his position as a solo artist especially if band members are trying to assert a certain amount of influence he was uncomfortable with. Prince was a control freak but I don't think he really like conflict all that much (it was probably unsettling.)

As for W and L, I don't blame them either if they were upset at him for cheating on Susannah or if they wanted more credit and input. It sounds like Prince dangled the carrot and then pulled it away when he got uncomfortable. In other words, both sides have a point. Sometimes, you just hit an impasse.

[Edited 7/11/17 21:11pm]

[Edited 7/11/17 22:01pm]

[Edited 7/12/17 7:32am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 07/12/17 7:43am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

First of all I was just joking with the line 'blood swet and tears'

We don't have to get into a deep discussion about this.

I just quoted what Prince said in 1985 that from the time his father would not let him come back home - he said he never cried again ~1985 interview

purplerabbithole said:

Its still crying even if it is in a film or on stage after getting an award.

And since we didn't know him personally, and he made that statement in the early 80's, I am not sure we can assume he hasn't legitimately cried since his dad booted him. Mayte claimed that he cried over their child. I am going to assume that Prince was a human being capable of human emotion and that if he can conjure up tears for a film performance, he can have them for real.. Call me a deluded non-fan..or whatever.

OldFriends4Sale said:

that was acting.

[Edited 7/12/17 7:32am]

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 07/12/17 7:56am

purplerabbitho
le

I have read the 1985 interview.

Sorry I missed the joke.

As for my other analysis, i do think the professional and personal blend together until band member hit an impasse. I don't think there is a reason to demonize anyone for their very human behavior from 30 years ago.

OldFriends4Sale said:

First of all I was just joking with the line 'blood swet and tears'

We don't have to get into a deep discussion about this.

I just quoted what Prince said in 1985 that from the time his father would not let him come back home - he said he never cried again ~1985 interview

purplerabbithole said:

Its still crying even if it is in a film or on stage after getting an award.

And since we didn't know him personally, and he made that statement in the early 80's, I am not sure we can assume he hasn't legitimately cried since his dad booted him. Mayte claimed that he cried over their child. I am going to assume that Prince was a human being capable of human emotion and that if he can conjure up tears for a film performance, he can have them for real.. Call me a deluded non-fan..or whatever.

[Edited 7/12/17 7:32am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 07/12/17 8:00am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

what are you talking about?

Who is demonizing Prince?

you're a teacher [demonize] portray as wicked and threatening

Who is doing this? I mean your words flame up each phase of the discussion

who is demonizing Prince?

purplerabbithole said:

. I don't think there is a reason to demonize anyone for their very human behavior from 30 years ago.

OldFriends4Sale said:

First of all I was just joking with the line 'blood swet and tears'

We don't have to get into a deep discussion about this.

I just quoted what Prince said in 1985 that from the time his father would not let him come back home - he said he never cried again ~1985 interview

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 07/12/17 8:19am

purplerabbitho
le

I am not accusing you of demonizing prince. The OP is guilty of that in my opinion.

"Prince fired the Revolution because of his vanity" sounds like demonizing. Laura stating that Wendy and Lisa were fired only because of behavior deemed unprofessional to me is also demonizing.

This is 'wicked behavior' to many...and it appears that way because it is an oversimplification of a mess of emotions and motives for that breakup. Its like you either have to be in the Prince was a egomaniac camp or in the W and L were in the ungrateful/unprofessional camp. It shouldn't be that way in my opinion. Both sides(meaning Prince/ Revolution members) were protecting both their hearts and their best interests and just couldn't see eye to eye--that's how I see it and that's all I am saying.

The only thing I disagree with you about is that it was strictly personal. I think personal and professional blend together.

OldFriends4Sale said:

what are you talking about?

Who is demonizing Prince?

you're a teacher [demonize] portray as wicked and threatening

Who is doing this? I mean your words flame up each phase of the discussion

who is demonizing Prince?

purplerabbithole said:

. I don't think there is a reason to demonize anyone for their very human behavior from 30 years ago.

[Edited 7/12/17 8:21am]

[Edited 7/12/17 8:26am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Prince fired The Revolution because of his vanity?