independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 27th Apr 2017 3:51am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Denise's marriage/Prince sadness
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 6 of 8 <12345678>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #150 posted 04/15/17 2:36pm

Vashtix

PennyPurple said:



Vashtix said:




PennyPurple said:



Quite frankly Mayte could've had 50% of everything Prince owned or did, they didn't have a prenup and she could've taken him to the cleaners and she didn't. Which says a couple of things about Mayte; either she was too stupid to realize that she could've had a fortune, OR she just didn't want to go there and make it messy. She still loved him, and still does. My opinion is, she just didn't want to go there, her lawyer told her she was sitting on a gold mine, and she still didn't want to pursue the money.



NO matter she is making up for lost funds with presently with her book. She is getting paid since he died. I do miss Prince but at least Mayte made out well in his death.


[Edited 4/15/17 14:21pm]



Yes, they call that earning a living...kinda like Sheila E, The Revolution, Eric Benet, Apples, Devin, and everybody else. Oh Lawd, where's the outrage over them? If Vanity was alive, she'd be cashing in on the $$$ too.



Why drag Vanity? She and Prince are gone. Vanity us not a part of thid. This all about what remains.
The twin flames are in eternity.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #151 posted 04/15/17 3:05pm

Vashtix

purplegirl00 said:

luvgirl said:

Vashtix said: I agree wholeheartedly with the red bolded. The Come album and Vanity's moans on the song Orgasm, saying in the end "I Love you" to her voice is perfect example of those juvenile antics. He knew darn well what everyone would think... Moreover, understanding that Prince loved many women and possibly Myte doesn't change how I feel about that article. Why do people feel like everything is either black or white? No gray areas for them. They think, If you feel this way, you can't feel another way also. I think Prince loved many women but Vanity was special.. I still think it was suspicious that Prince brought up Vanity. Always had... The question WHY is worth exploring. Not a soul had asked him about her. She was obviously weighing heavily on his mind. He couldn't wait to make that statement. No going around it... Read it in print. He was obviously thinking of her. Why bring her up out of nowhere? Why was he worried about her like that, or what she was saying about him? He was not indifferent to her like he should have been after so many years being apart. He cared enough about her to address his fans about marrying someone else that wasn't her. (keep in mind that she'd just gotten married herself) He also cared enough to address her comment in an interview that was supposed to be about him and his wife.... He was not indifferent to her. Being indifferent to someone is the stone cold truth that you don't care about the person anymore. He was certainly not indifferent... Nothing wrong with entertaining an idea of why, or debating the reasons. All is fair in love and war... [Edited 4/15/17 13:17pm]

Agreed. By the time Mayte was in the picture, Vanity should've been a "has been" from at least 10 years prior. There was NO reason for him to be even mentioning her spirit or that everyone thought he was going to marry her when this interview was about him and Mayte.

They communicated in their own language on the DL. Special way to communicate.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #152 posted 04/15/17 3:26pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Vashtix said:

PennyPurple said:

Yes, they call that earning a living...kinda like Sheila E, The Revolution, Eric Benet, Apples, Devin, and everybody else. Oh Lawd, where's the outrage over them? If Vanity was alive, she'd be cashing in on the $$$ too.

Why drag Vanity? She and Prince are gone. Vanity us not a part of thid. This all about what remains. The twin flames are in eternity.

Sorry, I thought this thread was titled Denise's marriage/Prince sadness. Denise/Vanity are the same person.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #153 posted 04/15/17 3:41pm

purplegirl00

PennyPurple said:

Vashtix said:

PennyPurple said: Why drag Vanity? She and Prince are gone. Vanity us not a part of thid. This all about what remains. The twin flames are in eternity.

Sorry, I thought this thread was titled Denise's marriage/Prince sadness. Denise/Vanity are the same person.

Nice try. She was talking about the people/ associates YOU mentioned up above. They are not in the same league as Denise/ Vanity as she has passed on from this world.

[Edited 4/15/17 15:42pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #154 posted 04/15/17 5:21pm

C0RAZ0N

Vashtix said:



C0RAZ0N said:


Let me get it straight. P only married Myte as a rebound chick because he was heartbroken that Vanity got married. And at that time he was dating like 5 or six clicks and just choose one from his picks because Vanity was married to someone else and she violated there twin flame bond and he decided that he didn't trust her anymore? Even though he still loved her. How m I doing?


I was sharing what twin flames are- what you shared is your interpretation of the events. I am not going to debate details. I wanted to share twin flames are not the"soulmate" thing. It is different and not always in the same space, romantic, but the flames know who they are and can go on and lead separate lives .



I believe they were twin flames. Marrying someone else is not violating the twin flame bond, in fact that has nothing to do with the twin flame bond. Being with others does not break it or diminish it.

[Edited 4/15/17 4:32am]


I'm sorry I wasn't making fun of your post I'm just summing up from what I gathered from reading all these commends and thread. And I think it's pretty much sums up.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #155 posted 04/15/17 10:19pm

tigerlilyluv

NotACleverName said:

Singing a different tune from page one of this fantasy thread, aren't we? Some need to go back to the first page and reread again.

This thread began with the premise that Prince proposed to Mayte because he was, according to the op, so devastated by Vanity's marriage that he just chose any ol' girl from his harem to wed. The op insinuated this was a calculated move, on the part of Prince, to send a subliminal message to Vanity of his distress over her marriage. Several heartily agreed with that.....now, some of you are backpedaling. Why? Because you realized how ridiculous it is?

It's very disheartening that some "fans" think Prince was so p-whipped by Vanity that he would resort to such juvenile antics to get her attention. Please.....


Why, because it's Prince? Do you honestly think Prince is not capable of such a thing? You'll be amazed if you knew just how many, men in particular, marry for other reasons besides love. My brother did exactly that what you think Prince wouldn't do and he was around Prince's age, and making very good money, at that, many women wanted him, but this one woman made him jealous enough that he went and married his ex because the woman had a new man. I believe it was 3 years later that he divorced his wife because he knew he was wrong to do what you call as juvenile. I'm quite certain you thinking Prince said Vanity and him didn't marry cause they weren't seeing each other is just simply your opinion. You know what I got out of that statement he made? Not that my opinion matters, but the first thing that came to my mind was something like this... Prince goes public saying that Everyone thought... Now if people believed that Vanity was what some have said here---just an old flame, why would he bother to say "EVERYONE" vs just saying people thought? Why bother to think Prince was going to marry Vanity at all if she was behind him? Let me add this, too... Why have both his ex wives met Denise? One in person and the other wife conversated with her online. A few exes said Prince talked about Denise to them, some said they always thought Prince and Vanity were, uhm, what is it... soulmates? Honestly, I don't get into the soulmate stuff but what these exes have said makes me go, hmmm. Him openly stating this marriage stuff about Denise, in front of the woman he was married to, was enough in itself to prove Denise was much more to him--yes, even in the 90s, than you want to convince yourself to think. And most certainly these EVERYONE Prince was talking about must have thought Vanity meant enough to him as well for these same EVERYONE to even think Prince and Vanity was going to get married. I mean, really, after all, they were just old flames, right? But let's still randomly tell this interviewer about the marriage that could have been while that ex is behind me and my new wife is right here beside me. Tsk-tsk. In the case you don't know, Vanity said herself in one of her videos (this was in the 90s because she was already living a Christian life) that they still communicate. It might just be a coincidence that he was out there in CA shortly after Denise got married. Who knows. Are you catching on, yet? Hopefully you catch on straight away because it took me a lil minute to text this from my cellphone. I had to log back in. Luckily the text was still in the editing box. Carry on, though. I just wanted to respond to this only. 😃
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #156 posted 04/15/17 11:15pm

luvgirl

PennyPurple said:

Vashtix said:




PennyPurple said:



Quite frankly Mayte could've had 50% of everything Prince owned or did, they didn't have a prenup and she could've taken him to the cleaners and she didn't. Which says a couple of things about Mayte; either she was too stupid to realize that she could've had a fortune, OR she just didn't want to go there and make it messy. She still loved him, and still does. My opinion is, she just didn't want to go there, her lawyer told her she was sitting on a gold mine, and she still didn't want to pursue the money.



NO matter she is making up for lost funds with presently with her book. She is getting paid since he died. I do miss Prince but at least Mayte made out well in his death.


[Edited 4/15/17 14:21pm]



Yes, they call that earning a living...kinda like Sheila E, The Revolution, Eric Benet, Apples, Devin, and everybody else. Oh Lawd, where's the outrage over them? If Vanity was alive, she'd be cashing in on the $$$ too.



This right here, was just a shameless attempt to try and place her in the same category as someone else you look up to, so you could justify what she's doing... Or is it your own conscience??? Aren't you the OP for that 53,000 views thread up yonder? I can't even be mad at you though. Clearly you don't understand what it means to have a rebirth in Christ the way Denise Matthews did. If you knew anything about Denise Matthews (not Vanity, you were wrong, she was not the same person, that wasn't her real name after all. Vanity was a made up persona. Denise Matthews was a woman of God) but if you did know about her, you would have known that Denise was on fire for the Lord and monetary glory from a tell all book would of been an abomination to her. She gave up the name Vanity, fame, and all the trappings that comes with it, including money - to serve the Lord. She NEVER wavered. Check out one of her sermons, https://youtu.be/M9kvVmCsXRw I dare you. I bet you'd take back that thoughtless comment.


[Edited 4/16/17 3:49am]
I just want you here, I just want you near me baby, cause I'm scared I'll cry, I love you like crazy.
~RIP~
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #157 posted 04/16/17 2:23am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

OMG dump the "twin flames" crap already. That New Age pop term didn't exist when Vanity and Prince were together. I certainly never heard of it way back then. Save it for the romantic fan fiction.

I'm not a woman,
I'm not a man,
I am something that you’ll never understand...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #158 posted 04/16/17 3:47am

Vashtix

purplethunder3121 said:

OMG dump the "twin flames" crap already. That New Age pop term didn't exist when Vanity and Prince were together. I certainly never heard of it way back then. Save it for the romantic fan fiction.

I really try not to be offensive and discount another's opinion however the consistent attack to me because I said in my opinion they were twin flames. I am not authority of Prince or Denise/Vanity and never met either of them. I do know what twin flames are and I feel that represents them. Please see below for an explanation and twin flames are not always romantic. If there was an attempt to understand instead of attack due to whatever is offensive about the prospect. This is not romantic or erotica as some keep trying to suggest. It can be romantic but in this case it is a spiritual bonding/connecting. The attempt to make it sensual is comical and shows the need to bring everything to the lowest common denominator. What you see and feel is not even half of what and who we are. . . .

https://lonerwolf.com/20-twin-flame-signs/

I like to refer to our twin flames as mirror souls because they essentially reflect the deepest needs, desires, dreams and shadow elements of our souls. We will explore this a bit more later on.

However before that, I just want to say that our twin flames are not always romantic, and they are not – as is so popularly suggested – necessarily heterosexual connections. In fact, our twin flames may be romantic partners of the same sex (or no sex), and they can often be platonic friends or even family members who we have known for a long time.

Regardless of this, twin flames are most commonly romantic in nature and tend to manifest themselves as people who we can passionately connect with on all levels.

Furthermore, it has also been popularly suggested that twin flames stay together for entire lifetimes, but I personally don’t beli...s the case. Connecting deeply with another person doesn’t necessarily guarantee that you will stay with them forever – this is dependent on your own level of conscious development and that of your twin flames.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #159 posted 04/16/17 4:01am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Sorry, but I'm calling BS on some New Age terminology that I never heard of in my life until a few years ago and, despite my attempts to trace the origin of it on-line, can't find anything but New Age gobbledygook which only attempts to combine some ancient beliefs with modern ideology. Bogus. Only my opinion, of course.

I'm not a woman,
I'm not a man,
I am something that you’ll never understand...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #160 posted 04/16/17 6:27am

PennyPurple

avatar

luvgirl said:

PennyPurple said:

Yes, they call that earning a living...kinda like Sheila E, The Revolution, Eric Benet, Apples, Devin, and everybody else. Oh Lawd, where's the outrage over them? If Vanity was alive, she'd be cashing in on the $$$ too.

This right here, was just a shameless attempt to try and place her in the same category as someone else you look up to, so you could justify what she's doing... Or is it your own conscience??? Aren't you the OP for that 53,000 views thread up yonder? I can't even be mad at you though. Clearly you don't understand what it means to have a rebirth in Christ the way Denise Matthews did. If you knew anything about Denise Matthews (not Vanity, you were wrong, she was not the same person, that wasn't her real name after all. Vanity was a made up persona. Denise Matthews was a woman of God) but if you did know about her, you would have known that Denise was on fire for the Lord and monetary glory from a tell all book would of been an abomination to her. She gave up the name Vanity, fame, and all the trappings that comes with it, including money - to serve the Lord. She NEVER wavered. Check out one of her sermons, https://youtu.be/M9kvVmCsXRw I dare you. I bet you'd take back that thoughtless comment.

[Edited 4/16/17 3:49am]

Wow I didn't know it had 53,000 views thanks for pointing that out.

.

Is it true that Prince was paying for Vanity/Denise's medical bills $$ ?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #161 posted 04/16/17 6:53am

luvgirl

Let's take a break from the fighting today. Happy Easter to all who celebrates this Holiday! Even to those of us in disagreement. HE IS RISEN!!!! Let's take comfort in knowing, Prince and Denise are in his arms this Easter Sunday!

photo image_zpsvcoekjhf.jpeg
[Edited 4/16/17 7:24am]
I just want you here, I just want you near me baby, cause I'm scared I'll cry, I love you like crazy.
~RIP~
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #162 posted 04/16/17 9:22am

pnv

luvgirl said:

Let's take a break from the fighting today. Happy Easter to all who celebrates this Holiday! Even to those of us in disagreement. HE IS RISEN!!!! Let's take comfort in knowing, Prince and Denise are in his arms this Easter Sunday!

photo image_zpsvcoekjhf.jpeg
[Edited 4/16/17 7:24am]


Happy Easter!!!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #163 posted 04/16/17 10:54am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

pnv said:

luvgirl said:
Let's take a break from the fighting today. Happy Easter to all who celebrates this Holiday! Even to those of us in disagreement. HE IS RISEN!!!! Let's take comfort in knowing, Prince and Denise are in his arms this Easter Sunday! photo image_zpsvcoekjhf.jpeg [Edited 4/16/17 7:24am]
Happy Easter!!!

yes

I'm not a woman,
I'm not a man,
I am something that you’ll never understand...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #164 posted 04/16/17 2:44pm

Vashtix

purplethunder3121 said:

pnv said:

luvgirl said: Happy Easter!!!

yes

Hi Guys!!

Yes

Happy Easter!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #165 posted 04/17/17 5:40am

SunnyGirl8

luvgirl said:

bibrose said:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/379083/IS-EX-PRINCE-PLANNING-TO-WED.html


Here is P with Nona at the 1994 Versace Fashion Show: https://s-media-cache-ak0...82114a.jpg

Thank you for this article. I never seen it. Not sure how true this is, but I heard somewhere else that Nonna and Denise became friends. lol

Happy Easter Everyone!

.

Thanks Bibrose for sharing this article. I hadn't seen before either. Didn't Denise OD in 1994? Although not sure when. Certainly a weird chain of events with all of this stuff.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #166 posted 04/17/17 7:55pm

luvgirl

Vashtix said:



purplegirl00 said:




luvgirl said:


Vashtix said: I agree wholeheartedly with the red bolded. The Come album and Vanity's moans on the song Orgasm, saying in the end "I Love you" to her voice is perfect example of those juvenile antics. He knew darn well what everyone would think... Moreover, understanding that Prince loved many women and possibly Myte doesn't change how I feel about that article. Why do people feel like everything is either black or white? No gray areas for them. They think, If you feel this way, you can't feel another way also. I think Prince loved many women but Vanity was special.. I still think it was suspicious that Prince brought up Vanity. Always had... The question WHY is worth exploring. Not a soul had asked him about her. She was obviously weighing heavily on his mind. He couldn't wait to make that statement. No going around it... Read it in print. He was obviously thinking of her. Why bring her up out of nowhere? Why was he worried about her like that, or what she was saying about him? He was not indifferent to her like he should have been after so many years being apart. He cared enough about her to address his fans about marrying someone else that wasn't her. (keep in mind that she'd just gotten married herself) He also cared enough to address her comment in an interview that was supposed to be about him and his wife.... He was not indifferent to her. Being indifferent to someone is the stone cold truth that you don't care about the person anymore. He was certainly not indifferent... Nothing wrong with entertaining an idea of why, or debating the reasons. All is fair in love and war... [Edited 4/15/17 13:17pm]

Agreed. By the time Mayte was in the picture, Vanity should've been a "has been" from at least 10 years prior. There was NO reason for him to be even mentioning her spirit or that everyone thought he was going to marry her when this interview was about him and Mayte.



They communicated in their own language on the DL. Special way to communicate.



Vashtix, have you listened to the song Orgasm on The Come album? He was absolutely communicating with Vanity on that song. He shamelessly spoke to Vanity's moans taken from her song Vibrator, and then in the end of the song all the music stops and he blatantly says loud and clearly to her voice.. I LOVE YOU. Why would he even do something like that? He knew what people thought about him and Vanity and knew that saying that would confirm their feelings, but yet he tells her he loves her in a song... When I first heard that song, I was like,eek
[Edited 4/17/17 20:22pm]
I just want you here, I just want you near me baby, cause I'm scared I'll cry, I love you like crazy.
~RIP~
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #167 posted 04/17/17 8:13pm

WayneDaStar

Vashtix said:

luvgirl said:

Vashtix said: Bravo... clapping After she asked him if that's why he wanted Apples to be in the movie, he immediately says "Orinally Vanity was supposed to do it" implying that's why he wanted Vanity to do it. She was the thunderbolt....

The fact none of these women had alarms going when he talked about Vanity is strange. Did they believe the hype about her and that Prince and Vanity did not talk and disdained one another or were they young and felt their beauty and sexy was enough and Vanity was old and no competition?

OR... (lol) maybe they KNEW that she was THAT girl, and they would never measure up, and that they just needed to get comfortable and play their position because at that point Denise was doing her own thing (religion) and they knew they wouldn't have to worry about anything?

Idk... lol.

u got me under the influence.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #168 posted 04/17/17 8:34pm

Vashtix

luvgirl said:

Vashtix said:

They communicated in their own language on the DL. Special way to communicate.

Vashtix, have you listened to the song Orgasm on The Come album? He was absolutely communicating with Vanity on that song. He shamelessly spoke to Vanity's moans taken from the song Vibrator, and then in the end of the song all the music stops and he blatantly says loud and clearly to her voice.. I LOVE YOU. Why would he even do something like that? He knew what people thought about him and Vanity and knew that saying that would confirm their feelings, but yet he tells her he loves her in a song... When I first heard that song, I was like,eek

He owned it . It makes it special when done that way.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #169 posted 04/17/17 9:00pm

purplegirl00

Vashtix said:

luvgirl said:

Vashtix said: [/color] Vashtix, have you listened to the song Orgasm on The Come album? He was absolutely communicating with Vanity on that song. He shamelessly spoke to Vanity's moans taken from the song Vibrator, and then in the end of the song all the music stops and he blatantly says loud and clearly to her voice.. I LOVE YOU. Why would he even do something like that? He knew what people thought about him and Vanity and knew that saying that would confirm their feelings, but yet he tells her he loves her in a song... When I first heard that song, I was like,eek

He owned it . It makes it special when done that way.

falloff Why didn't he use someone else's moans? He had harem 2.0 going at this time.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #170 posted 04/19/17 10:00pm

tigerlilyluv

Vashtix said:

luvgirl said:

Vashtix said: [/color] Vashtix, have you listened to the song Orgasm on The Come album? He was absolutely communicating with Vanity on that song. He shamelessly spoke to Vanity's moans taken from the song Vibrator, and then in the end of the song all the music stops and he blatantly says loud and clearly to her voice.. I LOVE YOU. Why would he even do something like that? He knew what people thought about him and Vanity and knew that saying that would confirm their feelings, but yet he tells her he loves her in a song... When I first heard that song, I was like,eek

He owned it . It makes it special when done that way.

Vash/Luvgirl, lawd, have you heard it loud with headphones in your ear? I have. No shame for it. I've played it last year a few times to be certain. lol. Uhm, I'm thinking he got one (if you know what I mean) during his recorded version of him talking to her. I know exactly when it's clearly obvious, too! I was like, wow, P was bold putting that out to the public... and the nerve to add "I love you" at the end. That's Prince for ya. Sorry, but I couldn't resist commenting on that. wink

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #171 posted 04/20/17 6:53am

luvgirl

tigerlilyluv said:



Vashtix said:




luvgirl said:


Vashtix said: [/color] Vashtix, have you listened to the song Orgasm on The Come album? He was absolutely communicating with Vanity on that song. He shamelessly spoke to Vanity's moans taken from the song Vibrator, and then in the end of the song all the music stops and he blatantly says loud and clearly to her voice.. I LOVE YOU. Why would he even do something like that? He knew what people thought about him and Vanity and knew that saying that would confirm their feelings, but yet he tells her he loves her in a song... When I first heard that song, I was like,eek


He owned it . It makes it special when done that way.





Vash/Luvgirl, lawd, have you heard it loud with headphones in your ear? I have. No shame for it. I've played it last year a few times to be certain. lol. Uhm, I'm thinking he got one (if you know what I mean) during his recorded version of him talking to her. I know exactly when it's clearly obvious, too! I was like, wow, P was bold putting that out to the public... and the nerve to add "I love you" at the end. That's Prince for ya. Sorry, but I couldn't resist commenting on that. wink



This was a bold song to make to be sure. The man was shameless. Can we even call it a song though? Lol. I just think he wanted to tell her something... (Girl, I'm still thinking about you,) lol. Only Prince could get away with doing something like that. My favorite part is when he says I love you. For those who've never heard it, I know it was out of circulation for a while, he's not singing when he says it. He makes a point to stop singing and just says out loud to Vanity... I Love You. I wonder what Vanity thought about it when she heard it??? lol

As an aside, I feel for whoever was his main girlfriend at that time. If that was my man and he made a song like that showcasing the girl's orgasm that everyone thought was his soulmate, and everyone thought he would marry, and then saying I love you to her. I would have had a fit!!! brick
[Edited 4/20/17 7:17am]
I just want you here, I just want you near me baby, cause I'm scared I'll cry, I love you like crazy.
~RIP~
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #172 posted 04/20/17 1:11pm

C0RAZ0N

She really blew her chance to be with him when she got married. I think tht he didn't trust her anymore although she was probably the love of his life and he still loved her up until his death but he had the opportunity to get back with her but didn't. I remember when after his marriage to M2 ender she said in a article that she was praying for God to supernatural hook them up and he knew it but didn't take her up on it because she blew it because she married so to comfort himself he got married to Myte (he did an eeniemeenie mini mo and choose Myte because she was a blank slate he thought he could mould) and started a new life excepting that he didn't want to be with vanity anymore. So he moved on. End of story.

And no disrespect to vanity or P when I say that. I just saying it how it looks and prolly went
[Edited 4/20/17 13:13pm]
[Edited 4/20/17 15:31pm]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #173 posted 04/20/17 4:45pm

Vashtix

C0RAZ0N said:

She really blew her chance to be with him when she got married. I think tht he didn't trust her anymore although she was probably the love of his life and he still loved her up until his death but he had the opportunity to get back with her but didn't. I remember when after his marriage to M2 ender she said in a article that she was praying for God to supernatural hook them up and he knew it but didn't take her up on it because she blew it because she married so to comfort himself he got married to Myte (he did an eeniemeenie mini mo and choose Myte because she was a blank slate he thought he could mould) and started a new life excepting that he didn't want to be with vanity anymore. So he moved on. End of story. And no disrespect to vanity or P when I say that. I just saying it how it looks and prolly went [Edited 4/20/17 13:13pm] [Edited 4/20/17 15:31pm]

No offenses taken it is nice to have discussion.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #174 posted 04/20/17 9:08pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

Secrets behind Prince’s last Australian tour, a year on from his death http://www.heraldsun.com....037e73cbaa

It's a long article so I will just post the Vanity refs here....

Hours before his first Australian gig, Prince learnt his ex-girlfriend Vanity (real name Denise Matthews) had died in the US, aged 57, due to renal failure.

The pair had met in 1980, with Prince bestowing the stage name of Vanity as he felt looking at her was like looking at the female version of himself.

She’d go on to inspire some of his biggest early hits, including Little Red Corvette. He also created a band around her, Vanity 6, for which he wrote songs and produced.

Vanity was originally cast as the female lead in Prince’s star-making film Purple Rain in 1984, but when the pair split shortly before filming started, she was replaced by Apollonia — another singer Prince had renamed.

After splitting with Prince, Vanity dated Adam Ant and Billy Idol. Motley Crue rocker Nikki Sixx wrote in his memoirs about going on crack cocaine binges with her in 1987. After a 1994 overdose, Vanity reverted back to Denise and became a born-again Christian.

By the time she died in a California hospital, Matthews had long needed to undergo an hour of dialysis each day.

The news of her passing shattered Prince. He lingered in his hotel room, getting to the first show a little later than planned — even operating on Princetime, he was usually a very punctual performer.

“He literally found out a few hours before he was due on stage,” Dainty reveals. “One of the guys around him said, ‘Oh, we’ve got a problem’. It was breaking news in the afternoon, our time.

“We were all a little bit concerned — his bodyguard and his assistant. That was a very unfortunate day. You wouldn’t have been surprised if you’d got the call saying he needs to postpone the show for 24 hours, he’s too much in grief. But he went on. He was very emotional on stage.”

Within moments of walking on stage that night, Prince stated: “I just found out someone dear to us has passed away, I’m gonna dedicated this song to her.”

He then launched into Little Red Corvette, with a touch of Dirty Mind.

He also changed the name “Electra” in The Ladder to “Vanity” and tweaked the lyrics to state: “He had a subject named Vanity, he loved her with a passion uncontested, one day her smile went away.”

After the encore, Prince told the audience: “I am new to this playing alone. I thank you all for being patient. I’m trying to stay focused, it’s a little heavy for me tonight ... she knows about this one.”

He then played Purple Rain’s The Beautiful Ones (ending the song whispering “Denise, Denise”), before veering off script.

“Can I tell you a story about Vanity? Or should I tell you a story about Denise? Her and I used to love each other deeply. She loved me for the artist I was, I loved her for the artist she was trying to be.

“As much as we loved we used to fight, she was very headstrong because she knew she was the finest woman in the world. She never missed the opportunity to tell you that as well.”

He shared a tale of a fight where he had threatened to throw her in a pool.

“Back then I used to have a best friend security guard, his name was Chick (Huntsberry). Chick was six foot six and all muscle, except for his stomach, where he kept an assortment of fried foods.

“One day Vanity and I got into a fight, I told her that if she didn’t stop I’d throw her in the pool. She said ‘You can’t throw me in that pool you’re too little’. So I said ‘Chick, throw her in the pool’. I probably shouldn’t be telling you that story but I’m sure she’d want us to celebrate her life.”

Morgan says the show was unlike any Prince had ever done.

“He never really talks about people in his past,” Morgan says. “He was a very private person. A lot of the songs he played that night were about her. I’d never seen him that open and full of emotion.

“In hindsight it felt like he was winding something up. With the talk of him writing a memoir, which is something you never thought he’d do, he’d toned down his clothing. He wore the same outfit for every show on that tour. That is weird for Prince. He was doing his own hair and make-up. He was talking about his father. He was getting older. He wasn’t as agile on stage.

“But I didn’t realise he was going to die a few months later.”

After that first show, some fans complained that Prince played for only 80 minutes, not two hours.

“I didn’t pay $400 to hear Prince being sad,” one not-so-sympathetic fan was overheard saying in the foyer.

Vanity’s death also curtailed Prince’s usual afterparties — in the past he’d perform a whole other show after his ‘public’ concert.

“He was grieving in Melbourne,” Dainty explains. “He turned up, he did the shows, he went back to the hotel. The second night in Melbourne he went to a club, but he didn’t perform. He danced a bit until 3am, then left. Otherwise he was at the venue 30 minutes before showtime, that was it. We had the dressing room set up beautifully for him. I think he maybe sat in it for 10 minutes.”

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #175 posted 04/20/17 10:04pm

luvgirl

Goddess4Real said:

Secrets behind Prince’s last Australian tour, a year on from his death http://www.heraldsun.com....037e73cbaa



It's a long article so I will just post the Vanity refs here....




Hours before his first Australian gig, Prince learnt his ex-girlfriend Vanity (real name Denise Matthews) had died in the US, aged 57, due to renal failure.


The pair had met in 1980, with Prince bestowing the stage name of Vanity as he felt looking at her was like looking at the female version of himself.


She’d go on to inspire some of his biggest early hits, including Little Red Corvette. He also created a band around her, Vanity 6, for which he wrote songs and produced.



Vanity was originally cast as the female lead in Prince’s star-making film Purple Rain in 1984, but when the pair split shortly before filming started, she was replaced by Apollonia — another singer Prince had renamed.


After splitting with Prince, Vanity dated Adam Ant and Billy Idol. Motley Crue rocker Nikki Sixx wrote in his memoirs about going on crack cocaine binges with her in 1987. After a 1994 overdose, Vanity reverted back to Denise and became a born-again Christian.


By the time she died in a California hospital, Matthews had long needed to undergo an hour of dialysis each day.




The news of her passing shattered Prince. He lingered in his hotel room, getting to the first show a little later than planned — even operating on Princetime, he was usually a very punctual performer.


“He literally found out a few hours before he was due on stage,” Dainty reveals. “One of the guys around him said, ‘Oh, we’ve got a problem’. It was breaking news in the afternoon, our time.


“We were all a little bit concerned — his bodyguard and his assistant. That was a very unfortunate day. You wouldn’t have been surprised if you’d got the call saying he needs to postpone the show for 24 hours, he’s too much in grief. But he went on. He was very emotional on stage.”


Within moments of walking on stage that night, Prince stated: “I just found out someone dear to us has passed away, I’m gonna dedicated this song to her.”


He then launched into Little Red Corvette, with a touch of Dirty Mind.


He also changed the name “Electra” in The Ladder to “Vanity” and tweaked the lyrics to state: “He had a subject named Vanity, he loved her with a passion uncontested, one day her smile went away.”


After the encore, Prince told the audience: “I am new to this playing alone. I thank you all for being patient. I’m trying to stay focused, it’s a little heavy for me tonight ... she knows about this one.”


He then played Purple Rain’s The Beautiful Ones (ending the song whispering “Denise, Denise”), before veering off script.


“Can I tell you a story about Vanity? Or should I tell you a story about Denise? Her and I used to love each other deeply. She loved me for the artist I was, I loved her for the artist she was trying to be.


“As much as we loved we used to fight, she was very headstrong because she knew she was the finest woman in the world. She never missed the opportunity to tell you that as well.”


He shared a tale of a fight where he had threatened to throw her in a pool.


“Back then I used to have a best friend security guard, his name was Chick (Huntsberry). Chick was six foot six and all muscle, except for his stomach, where he kept an assortment of fried foods.


“One day Vanity and I got into a fight, I told her that if she didn’t stop I’d throw her in the pool. She said ‘You can’t throw me in that pool you’re too little’. So I said ‘Chick, throw her in the pool’. I probably shouldn’t be telling you that story but I’m sure she’d want us to celebrate her life.”


Morgan says the show was unlike any Prince had ever done.


“He never really talks about people in his past,” Morgan says. “He was a very private person. A lot of the songs he played that night were about her. I’d never seen him that open and full of emotion.


“In hindsight it felt like he was winding something up. With the talk of him writing a memoir, which is something you never thought he’d do, he’d toned down his clothing. He wore the same outfit for every show on that tour. That is weird for Prince. He was doing his own hair and make-up. He was talking about his father. He was getting older. He wasn’t as agile on stage.


“But I didn’t realise he was going to die a few months later.”


After that first show, some fans complained that Prince played for only 80 minutes, not two hours.


“I didn’t pay $400 to hear Prince being sad,” one not-so-sympathetic fan was overheard saying in the foyer.



Vanity’s death also curtailed Prince’s usual afterparties — in the past he’d perform a whole other show after his ‘public’ concert.


“He was grieving in Melbourne,” Dainty explains. “He turned up, he did the shows, he went back to the hotel. The second night in Melbourne he went to a club, but he didn’t perform. He danced a bit until 3am, then left. Otherwise he was at the venue 30 minutes before showtime, that was it. We had the dressing room set up beautifully for him. I think he maybe sat in it for 10 minutes.”





touched I could never bog this particular one down. I didn't save it the last time I read it, and couldn't find it again. Thanks for posting it. Especially on the eve. I miss them both being in our realm. I know in my heart that they are together in heaven... Rip Prince and Vanity. "Together again" heart heart heart
I just want you here, I just want you near me baby, cause I'm scared I'll cry, I love you like crazy.
~RIP~
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #176 posted 04/21/17 12:04am

Ottensen

luvgirl said:

tigerlilyluv said:



Vashtix said:




luvgirl said:


Vashtix said: [/color] Vashtix, have you listened to the song Orgasm on The Come album? He was absolutely communicating with Vanity on that song. He shamelessly spoke to Vanity's moans taken from the song Vibrator, and then in the end of the song all the music stops and he blatantly says loud and clearly to her voice.. I LOVE YOU. Why would he even do something like that? He knew what people thought about him and Vanity and knew that saying that would confirm their feelings, but yet he tells her he loves her in a song... When I first heard that song, I was like,eek


He owned it . It makes it special when done that way.





Vash/Luvgirl, lawd, have you heard it loud with headphones in your ear? I have. No shame for it. I've played it last year a few times to be certain. lol. Uhm, I'm thinking he got one (if you know what I mean) during his recorded version of him talking to her. I know exactly when it's clearly obvious, too! I was like, wow, P was bold putting that out to the public... and the nerve to add "I love you" at the end. That's Prince for ya. Sorry, but I couldn't resist commenting on that. wink



This was a bold song to make to be sure. The man was shameless. Can we even call it a song though? Lol. I just think he wanted to tell her something... (Girl, I'm still thinking about you,) lol. Only Prince could get away with doing something like that. My favorite part is when he says I love you. For those who've never heard it, I know it was out of circulation for a while, he's not singing when he says it. He makes a point to stop singing and just says out loud to Vanity... I Love You. I wonder what Vanity thought about it when she heard it??? :lol:

As an aside, I feel for whoever was his main girlfriend at that time. If that was my man and he made a song like that showcasing the girl's orgasm that everyone thought was his soulmate, and everyone thought he would marry, and then saying I love you to her. I would have had a fit!!! brick
[Edited 4/20/17 7:17am]


One could also argue that if that was indeed Vanity's voice on the Come album, where its funeral/burial themes conceptually represented the death of Prince as we formerly knew him in "flesh", that along with other facets of himself represented on the record (his childhood trauma issues, his overt sexual ways, and other facets of the OLD Prince's existence) that this was just one more demon or representative of his old self that he was killing off.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #177 posted 04/22/17 9:26am

margi

PennyPurple said:

You all are delusional if you think that Vanity was Prince's soul mate. I don't care how long they did or didn't keep in touch. They never got back together.


Your lack of emotional depth is prominent in your pysche. You obviously have never had a real deep emotional connection with a person you truly love. Some people have a deep love for someone who for some unforeseen circumstance cannot be in an intimate relationship. This love is often deeper and more meaningful than a day to day relationship.Do not underestimate that Prince and Vanity were emotionally involved while alive. Prince showed the world in Melbourne how much he loved her and had you been there and capable of understanding deep emotions you would not be writing so disrespectfully of a love you have not yet experienced for yourself.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #178 posted 04/22/17 9:33am

margi

PennyPurple said:

You all are delusional if you think that Vanity was Prince's soul mate. I don't care how long they did or didn't keep in touch. They never got back together.


Your lack of emotional depth is prominent in your pysche. You obviously have never had a real deep emotional connection with a person you truly love. Some people have a deep love for someone who for some unforeseen circumstance cannot be in an intimate relationship. This love is often deeper and more meaningful than a day to day relationship.Do not underestimate that Prince and Vanity were emotionally involved while alive. Prince showed the world in Melbourne how much he loved her and had you been there and capable of understanding deep emotions you would not be writing so disrespectfully of a love you have not yet experienced for yourself.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #179 posted 04/22/17 11:53am

PennyPurple

avatar

margi said:

PennyPurple said:

You all are delusional if you think that Vanity was Prince's soul mate. I don't care how long they did or didn't keep in touch. They never got back together.

Your lack of emotional depth is prominent in your pysche. You obviously have never had a real deep emotional connection with a person you truly love. Some people have a deep love for someone who for some unforeseen circumstance cannot be in an intimate relationship. This love is often deeper and more meaningful than a day to day relationship.Do not underestimate that Prince and Vanity were emotionally involved while alive. Prince showed the world in Melbourne how much he loved her and had you been there and capable of understanding deep emotions you would not be writing so disrespectfully of a love you have not yet experienced for yourself.

You don't fuckin know what I've experienced or not experienced. Vanity and Prince weren't soulmates or twin flames. LMAO, that's my opinion and you don't have to like it. lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 6 of 8 <12345678>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Denise's marriage/Prince sadness