independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 22nd Jul 2017 9:50pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Story about auction of Prince items that was pulled
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 20 123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 03/17/17 4:06pm

laurarichardso
n

Story about auction of Prince items that was pulled

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 03/17/17 4:13pm

morningsong

avatar

Hmm, I didn't know Owen was a part of all this.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 03/17/17 5:03pm

laurarichardso
n

morningsong said:

Hmm, I didn't know Owen was a part of all this.

Yes he teamed up with Mayte. See the info from the auction site about the back story and why the stuff was pulled.

Prince Worn Jewelry
>
> In March 2016, one month before Prince died, we at NateDSanders.com Auction House, had Prince worn jewelry at auction consigned by his first wife, Mayte Garcia. We knew that Prince was very litigious so we were worried about having Prince worn jewelry at a public auction given that he sued almost every frivolous thing. We asked Mayte if he was going to sue and she said: “Prince doesn’t want to mess with me.” A month later, Prince sued, and we pulled the items from the auction. It wasn’t that we didn’t think that we could win the auction, it just wasn’t worth the time and money to fight Prince. A month after that, Prince died. Now, Prince worn jewelry would be worth fighting a lawsuit for as his jewelry could sell for $10,000, $20,000, $30,000 and up. Back then, Prince worn jewelry was much harder to sell. His death brought great demand for his memorabilia. Here are descriptions and pictures of the Prince worn jewelry at our auction:"
> ========
> Source: http://natedsanders.com/b...n-jewelry/

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 03/17/17 5:06pm

TrivialPursuit

Is it just me, or is $25,000 for that China a bit steep? Granted, it's a huge, custom set from one of the biggest rock stars in human history, and has been seen in many places on TV, in print, and otherwise. But.... $25K to start???

I assume the Karen Krattinger (sp) items sold?

I'd love to have that blue suit & those white ohgirlwheredyougetthose shoes.

"Despite everything, no 1 can dictate who u r 2 other people." - Prince |
http://bit.ly/unboxingprince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 03/17/17 5:10pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Cool stuff. I'd like the China...Please.

[Edited 3/17/17 17:12pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 03/17/17 5:21pm

morningsong

avatar

laurarichardson said:

morningsong said:

Hmm, I didn't know Owen was a part of all this.

Yes he teamed up with Mayte. See the info from the auction site about the back story and why the stuff was pulled.

Prince Worn Jewelry
>
> In March 2016, one month before Prince died, we at NateDSanders.com Auction House, had Prince worn jewelry at auction consigned by his first wife, Mayte Garcia. We knew that Prince was very litigious so we were worried about having Prince worn jewelry at a public auction given that he sued almost every frivolous thing. We asked Mayte if he was going to sue and she said: “Prince doesn’t want to mess with me.” A month later, Prince sued, and we pulled the items from the auction. It wasn’t that we didn’t think that we could win the auction, it just wasn’t worth the time and money to fight Prince. A month after that, Prince died. Now, Prince worn jewelry would be worth fighting a lawsuit for as his jewelry could sell for $10,000, $20,000, $30,000 and up. Back then, Prince worn jewelry was much harder to sell. His death brought great demand for his memorabilia. Here are descriptions and pictures of the Prince worn jewelry at our auction:"
> ========
> Source: http://natedsanders.com/b...n-jewelry/



I'll have to go back and re-read. I did get distracted by the items themselves. I have always loved that china set, too steep for my blood though. I wouldn't buy a replica of it.

See, I did watched the 1st season of the ex-wives show and I remember how sad it was seeing her not being able to let go, the ladies on the show told her she needed to auction the stuff, even here on the org there was a consensus she needed to let go and auction off the stuff. Now when she does people suddenly did a 180 and started saying she betrayed him, that kind of blew me away, with the exception of her dancing around in Prince drawers that didn't set well with me at all and I said so. Then I hear on here Prince got involved. Weird to me but okay whatever that's between them. But now I'm seeing Owen was involved and I'm thinking there's WAY more to this story then it appeared to be.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 03/17/17 5:44pm

NotACleverName

avatar

Seems as though auctioning off spouse/family/friend's items is done on the regular with famous folk's property. Aamof, Joanne Carson provided Truman Capote's ashes and urn ("Unprecedented and certainly extraordinary are the memorial ashes of Truman Capote to be offered as one of the items in the auction. The ashes of Truman Capote are housed in a memorial Japanese carved wooden box. The ashes were kept by Joanne Carson who was one of Capote’s closest friends. She often said the ashes brought her great comfort. The box is also marked “Date of Cremation: August 28, 1984 (Estimate: $4,000-$6,000)") for the auction listed in the following article: http://www.juliensauction...lloyd.html last year. Ashes and the urn! THAT is a cold hearted person....smh.

In light of the above, Mayte's offerings appear pretty tame to me. Nothing salacious about it, imo.
"Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence......." ~ DESIDERATA ~ Max Ehrmann
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 03/17/17 6:49pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Mayte prolly was cleaning the garage. She moved on. She did not need the china set so why hang onto it?

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 03/17/17 7:35pm

laurarichardso
n

luv4u said:

Mayte prolly was cleaning the garage. She moved on. She did not need the china set so why hang onto it?

Well she had to pull it back so I suspect she still has it and she had not moved on. His face is on the front of her book.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 03/17/17 8:49pm

Izzybee20

[/b]"Prince doesn't want to mess with me" This is the part of the story that stood out to me. Sounds like someone who is bitter. I've really been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt the past few months, but each day it seems I read or discover something else that makes me doubt her true intentions...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 03/19/17 9:14am

joytotheworld

Izzybee20 said:

[/b]"Prince doesn't want to mess with me" This is the part of the story that stood out to me. Sounds like someone who is bitter. I've really been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt the past few months, but each day it seems I read or discover something else that makes me doubt her true intentions...

That is more than likely why this string was added to begin with and in light of the recent book excerpts appearing. This woman is damned if she do and damned if she don't.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 03/19/17 11:51am

purplerabbitho
le

What was Prince doing in March 2016? Touring, composing music, and dealing with a drug addiction (occasionally tweeting goofy stuff on twitter) Is it possible his people were in charge of keeping track of this kind of shit. Plus, she kept the shit forever. HIs litigious nature wasn't as bad back in the day..why wait until March of 2016?

Real important question--now that the items are worth more, has she tried to auction them off again? If so, then she sucks. If not, then so the fuck what about her earlier little tantrum.

laurarichardson said:

morningsong said:

Hmm, I didn't know Owen was a part of all this.

Yes he teamed up with Mayte. See the info from the auction site about the back story and why the stuff was pulled.

Prince Worn Jewelry
>
> In March 2016, one month before Prince died, we at NateDSanders.com Auction House, had Prince worn jewelry at auction consigned by his first wife, Mayte Garcia. We knew that Prince was very litigious so we were worried about having Prince worn jewelry at a public auction given that he sued almost every frivolous thing. We asked Mayte if he was going to sue and she said: “Prince doesn’t want to mess with me.” A month later, Prince sued, and we pulled the items from the auction. It wasn’t that we didn’t think that we could win the auction, it just wasn’t worth the time and money to fight Prince. A month after that, Prince died. Now, Prince worn jewelry would be worth fighting a lawsuit for as his jewelry could sell for $10,000, $20,000, $30,000 and up. Back then, Prince worn jewelry was much harder to sell. His death brought great demand for his memorabilia. Here are descriptions and pictures of the Prince worn jewelry at our auction:"
> ========
> Source: http://natedsanders.com/b...n-jewelry/

[Edited 3/19/17 12:02pm]

[Edited 3/19/17 12:04pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 03/19/17 4:09pm

laurarichardso
n

You must be s newbies Prince was quite the litigations one for the last 25 years or so even the auction house knew it. This was s year ago not 20 years ago and she made an extremely vindictive comment. You are a fucking trip he was dealing with s out control drug addition while playing an acoustic piano and not missing a beat. You know what that 75k for medical expenses must have been for all those illegal drugs🙄. He was probaly sick as a dog and working while she was hawking items since getting a job might be too much for her😥 I would not be surprised if she tries to sell it again but the estate will come for her.

said:

What was Prince doing in March 2016? Touring, composing music, and dealing with a drug addiction (occasionally tweeting goofy stuff on twitter) Is it possible his people were in charge of keeping track of this kind of shit. Plus, she kept the shit forever. HIs litigious nature wasn't as bad back in the day..why wait until March of 2016?



Real important question--now that the items are worth more, has she tried to auction them off again? If so, then she sucks. If not, then so the fuck what about her earlier little tantrum.





laurarichardson said:




morningsong said:


Hmm, I didn't know Owen was a part of all this.



Yes he teamed up with Mayte. See the info from the auction site about the back story and why the stuff was pulled.



Prince Worn Jewelry
>
> In March 2016, one month before Prince died, we at NateDSanders.com Auction House, had Prince worn jewelry at auction consigned by his first wife, Mayte Garcia. We knew that Prince was very litigious so we were worried about having Prince worn jewelry at a public auction given that he sued almost every frivolous thing. We asked Mayte if he was going to sue and she said: “Prince doesn’t want to mess with me.” A month later, Prince sued, and we pulled the items from the auction. It wasn’t that we didn’t think that we could win the auction, it just wasn’t worth the time and money to fight Prince. A month after that, Prince died. Now, Prince worn jewelry would be worth fighting a lawsuit for as his jewelry could sell for $10,000, $20,000, $30,000 and up. Back then, Prince worn jewelry was much harder to sell. His death brought great demand for his memorabilia. Here are descriptions and pictures of the Prince worn jewelry at our auction:"
> =====
> Source: http://natedsanders.com/b...n-jewelry/




[Edited 3/19/17 12:02pm]

[Edited 3/19/17 12:04pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 03/19/17 4:15pm

morningsong

avatar

purplerabbithole said:

What was Prince doing in March 2016? Touring, composing music, and dealing with a drug addiction (occasionally tweeting goofy stuff on twitter) Is it possible his people were in charge of keeping track of this kind of shit. Plus, she kept the shit forever. HIs litigious nature wasn't as bad back in the day..why wait until March of 2016?



Real important question--now that the items are worth more, has she tried to auction them off again? If so, then she sucks. If not, then so the fuck what about her earlier little tantrum.





laurarichardson said:




morningsong said:


Hmm, I didn't know Owen was a part of all this.



Yes he teamed up with Mayte. See the info from the auction site about the back story and why the stuff was pulled.



Prince Worn Jewelry
>
> In March 2016, one month before Prince died, we at NateDSanders.com Auction House, had Prince worn jewelry at auction consigned by his first wife, Mayte Garcia. We knew that Prince was very litigious so we were worried about having Prince worn jewelry at a public auction given that he sued almost every frivolous thing. We asked Mayte if he was going to sue and she said: “Prince doesn’t want to mess with me.” A month later, Prince sued, and we pulled the items from the auction. It wasn’t that we didn’t think that we could win the auction, it just wasn’t worth the time and money to fight Prince. A month after that, Prince died. Now, Prince worn jewelry would be worth fighting a lawsuit for as his jewelry could sell for $10,000, $20,000, $30,000 and up. Back then, Prince worn jewelry was much harder to sell. His death brought great demand for his memorabilia. Here are descriptions and pictures of the Prince worn jewelry at our auction:"
> =====
> Source: http://natedsanders.com/b...n-jewelry/




[Edited 3/19/17 12:02pm]

[Edited 3/19/17 12:04pm]



If Prince was ill and he had her or the company pull the items there could be other reasons why besides he just didn't want her making money off them. She waited so long to let that stuff go and I remember she had those dishes on display in her living room in recent years. She was not in a healthy place holding on to that stuff. I'm curious how Owen got in the middle of it.
“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 03/19/17 4:23pm

purplerabbitho
le

SO the estate (which is overwhelmed with burdens and can't even keep things off the internet) is a bigger legal threat than Prince was when he was alive?

Perhaps. she didn't know how sick or addicted or whatever he was when she thought of auctioning that stuff. Why do you want to paint her as hating him with every fiber of her being. Was he really that hateable?

laurarichardson said:

You must be s newbies Prince was quite the litigations one for the last 25 years or so even the auction house knew it. This was s year ago not 20 years ago and she made an extremely vindictive comment. You are a fucking trip he was dealing with s out control drug addition while playing an acoustic piano and not missing a beat. You know what that 75k for medical expenses must have been for all those illegal drugs🙄. He was probaly sick as a dog and working while she was hawking items since getting a job might be too much for her😥 I would not be surprised if she tries to sell it again but the estate will come for her. said:

What was Prince doing in March 2016? Touring, composing music, and dealing with a drug addiction (occasionally tweeting goofy stuff on twitter) Is it possible his people were in charge of keeping track of this kind of shit. Plus, she kept the shit forever. HIs litigious nature wasn't as bad back in the day..why wait until March of 2016?

Real important question--now that the items are worth more, has she tried to auction them off again? If so, then she sucks. If not, then so the fuck what about her earlier little tantrum.

[Edited 3/19/17 12:02pm]

[Edited 3/19/17 12:04pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 03/19/17 6:25pm

laurarichardso
n

The estate is doing a better job then he did taking down music then he did. I am telling you and you can read yoursel what she told the auction site. She made a vindictive comment. I am not putting the words in her mouth. https://m.youtube.com/wat...hS6IL9Ojao

said:

SO the estate (which is overwhelmed with burdens and can't even keep things off the internet) is a bigger legal threat than Prince was when he was alive?



Perhaps. she didn't know how sick or addicted or whatever he was when she thought of auctioning that stuff. Why do you want to paint her as hating him with every fiber of her being. Was he really that hateable?





laurarichardson said:


You must be s newbies Prince was quite the litigations one for the last 25 years or so even the auction house knew it. This was s year ago not 20 years ago and she made an extremely vindictive comment. You are a fucking trip he was dealing with s out control drug addition while playing an acoustic piano and not missing a beat. You know what that 75k for medical expenses must have been for all those illegal drugs🙄. He was probaly sick as a dog and working while she was hawking items since getting a job might be too much for her😥 I would not be surprised if she tries to sell it again but the estate will come for her. said:

What was Prince doing in March 2016? Touring, composing music, and dealing with a drug addiction (occasionally tweeting goofy stuff on twitter) Is it possible his people were in charge of keeping track of this kind of shit. Plus, she kept the shit forever. HIs litigious nature wasn't as bad back in the day..why wait until March of 2016?



Real important question--now that the items are worth more, has she tried to auction them off again? If so, then she sucks. If not, then so the fuck what about her earlier little tantrum.





[Edited 3/19/17 12:02pm]


[Edited 3/19/17 12:04pm]




  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 03/19/17 7:13pm

benni

According to a podcast about Mayte's book, Prince was upset about guitars and recordings that were up for auction, not what Mayte had up for auction. Prince contacted the auction and told them to just not sell anything Prince related. http://podcastjuice.net/t...e-article/

[Edited 3/19/17 19:26pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 03/19/17 7:19pm

purplerabbitho
le

"now' sell or "not" sell???

benni said:

According to a podcast about Mayte's book, Prince was upset about guitars and recordings that were up for auction, not what Mayte had up for auction. Prince contacted the auction and told them to just now sell anything Prince related. http://podcastjuice.net/t...e-article/

[Edited 3/19/17 19:20pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 03/19/17 7:26pm

benni

purplerabbithole said:

"now' sell or "not" sell???

benni said:

According to a podcast about Mayte's book, Prince was upset about guitars and recordings that were up for auction, not what Mayte had up for auction. Prince contacted the auction and told them to just now sell anything Prince related. http://podcastjuice.net/t...e-article/

[Edited 3/19/17 19:20pm]


NOT sell. Sorry, typo.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 03/19/17 8:17pm

morningsong

avatar

benni said:



purplerabbithole said:


"now' sell or "not" sell???





benni said:


According to a podcast about Mayte's book, Prince was upset about guitars and recordings that were up for auction, not what Mayte had up for auction. Prince contacted the auction and told them to just now sell anything Prince related. http://podcastjuice.net/t...e-article/




[Edited 3/19/17 19:20pm]




NOT sell. Sorry, typo.



I would really like this kind of long standing rumors cleared up. I have no problem with these type of things.
“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 03/19/17 9:40pm

morningsong

avatar

morningsong said:

purplerabbithole said:

What was Prince doing in March 2016? Touring, composing music, and dealing with a drug addiction (occasionally tweeting goofy stuff on twitter) Is it possible his people were in charge of keeping track of this kind of shit. Plus, she kept the shit forever. HIs litigious nature wasn't as bad back in the day..why wait until March of 2016?



Real important question--now that the items are worth more, has she tried to auction them off again? If so, then she sucks. If not, then so the fuck what about her earlier little tantrum.





laurarichardson said:




morningsong said:


Hmm, I didn't know Owen was a part of all this.



Yes he teamed up with Mayte. See the info from the auction site about the back story and why the stuff was pulled.



Prince Worn Jewelry
>
> In March 2016, one month before Prince died, we at NateDSanders.com Auction House, had Prince worn jewelry at auction consigned by his first wife, Mayte Garcia. We knew that Prince was very litigious so we were worried about having Prince worn jewelry at a public auction given that he sued almost every frivolous thing. We asked Mayte if he was going to sue and she said: “Prince doesn’t want to mess with me.” A month later, Prince sued, and we pulled the items from the auction. It wasn’t that we didn’t think that we could win the auction, it just wasn’t worth the time and money to fight Prince. A month after that, Prince died. Now, Prince worn jewelry would be worth fighting a lawsuit for as his jewelry could sell for $10,000, $20,000, $30,000 and up. Back then, Prince worn jewelry was much harder to sell. His death brought great demand for his memorabilia. Here are descriptions and pictures of the Prince worn jewelry at our auction:"
> =====
> Source: http://natedsanders.com/b...n-jewelry/




[Edited 3/19/17 12:02pm]

[Edited 3/19/17 12:04pm]



If Prince was ill and he had her or the company pull the items there could be other reasons why besides he just didn't want her making money off them. She waited so long to let that stuff go and I remember she had those dishes on display in her living room in recent years. She was not in a healthy place holding on to that stuff. I'm curious how Owen got in the middle of it.



Looks like I got my answer.
“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 03/20/17 1:19am

laurarichardso
n

benni said:

According to a podcast about Mayte's book, Prince was upset about guitars and recordings that were up for auction, not what Mayte had up for auction. Prince contacted the auction and told them to just not sell anything Prince related. http://podcastjuice.net/t...e-article/

[Edited 3/19/17 19:26pm]


--But the auction site took everything down for fear of being sued. Why not take down Owen's and leave Mayte's stuff.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 03/20/17 5:36am

benni

laurarichardson said:

benni said:

According to a podcast about Mayte's book, Prince was upset about guitars and recordings that were up for auction, not what Mayte had up for auction. Prince contacted the auction and told them to just not sell anything Prince related. http://podcastjuice.net/t...e-article/

[Edited 3/19/17 19:26pm]

--But the auction site took everything down for fear of being sued. Why not take down Owen's and leave Mayte's stuff.



Prince had stated "Just don't sell anything Prince related" which is why everything was taken down, according to the podcast. And according to the podcast that was why everything was removed, not just those items that Prince had an issue with because he specified "Don't sell any Prince items." And anyone that knew Prince should have known he would have an issue with demo tapes (especially) being released and sold to anyone.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 03/20/17 7:43am

Vashtix

Izzybee20 said:

[/b]"Prince doesn't want to mess with me" This is the part of the story that stood out to me. Sounds like someone who is bitter. I've really been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt the past few months, but each day it seems I read or discover something else that makes me doubt her true intentions...


It is clearly obvious Mayte is a bitter woman who is not over a man who was finished with her years ago. It is very sad and frightening at the same time.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 03/20/17 8:04am

laurarichardso
n

Vashtix said:

Izzybee20 said:
[/b]"Prince doesn't want to mess with me" This is the part of the story that stood out to me. Sounds like someone who is bitter. I've really been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt the past few months, but each day it seems I read or discover something else that makes me doubt her true intentions...
It is clearly obvious Mayte is a bitter woman who is not over a man who was finished with her years ago. It is very sad and frightening at the same time.

She is also going on at people on Facebook saying he is still her husband. She is like a after death stalker.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 03/22/17 3:12pm

Ottensen

Izzybee20 said:

[/b]"Prince doesn't want to mess with me" This is the part of the story that stood out to me. Sounds like someone who is bitter. I've really been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt the past few months, but each day it seems I read or discover something else that makes me doubt her true intentions...

....Bitter? or someone who wasn't a young girl anymore that could be ordered around. There comes a time in a female's life where you are ready to own your womanhood and not bow down to people just because they are bigger, better, stronger, faster, or richer than you are. Standing up for yourself does not always consititute bitter. It simply means that you're not afraid to go into self-preservation mode if someone fk**cs with you, and I don't believe a woman should be villified for that.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 03/22/17 6:54pm

laurarichardso
n

Ottensen said:

Izzybee20 said:

[/b]"Prince doesn't want to mess with me" This is the part of the story that stood out to me. Sounds like someone who is bitter. I've really been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt the past few months, but each day it seems I read or discover something else that makes me doubt her true intentions...

....Bitter? or someone who wasn't a young girl anymore that could be ordered around. There comes a time in a female's life where you are ready to own your womanhood and not bow down to people just because they are bigger, better, stronger, faster, or richer than you are. Standing up for yourself does not always consititute bitter. It simply means that you're not afraid to go into self-preservation mode if someone fk**cs with you, and I don't believe a woman should be villified for that.

A women and not a child knows how to get a job and take care of herself. Please do not tell me her belly dance stuff is her job as this appears to have just started recently. I do not think she has acted in anything in over a decade. Prince was not responsible for taking care of her for the rest of her life which is what she seems to think. I saw a response from her on her IG were she said she would always be his wife. She is at stalker level crazy and her actions have nothing to do with feminism which I belive some orgers think of her as some sort of Joan of Arc character.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 03/24/17 5:52pm

Tresha68

laurarichardson said:



Ottensen said:




Izzybee20 said:


[/b]"Prince doesn't want to mess with me" This is the part of the story that stood out to me. Sounds like someone who is bitter. I've really been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt the past few months, but each day it seems I read or discover something else that makes me doubt her true intentions...



....Bitter? or someone who wasn't a young girl anymore that could be ordered around. There comes a time in a female's life where you are ready to own your womanhood and not bow down to people just because they are bigger, better, stronger, faster, or richer than you are. Standing up for yourself does not always consititute bitter. It simply means that you're not afraid to go into self-preservation mode if someone fk**cs with you, and I don't believe a woman should be villified for that.



A women and not a child knows how to get a job and take care of herself. Please do not tell me her belly dance stuff is her job as this appears to have just started recently. I do not think she has acted in anything in over a decade. Prince was not responsible for taking care of her for the rest of her life which is what she seems to think. I saw a response from her on her IG were she said she would always be his wife. She is at stalker level crazy and her actions have nothing to do with feminism which I belive some orgers think of her as some sort of Joan of Arc character.







Actually, she was doing the belly dance classes before P passed. She has also been in many tv series other than Hollywood Exes, which I believe painted all of the women involved in a light other than what is true to life. Let's be honest, if it was all about the money like some people believe she would sell everything NOW. And make a pretty penny. This woman is damned if she does or doesn't. Love her or dislike her, leave her be. And NO I am not a hash tagger.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 03/25/17 1:39pm

laurarichardso
n

Tresha68 said:

laurarichardson said:



Ottensen said:




Izzybee20 said:


[/b]"Prince doesn't want to mess with me" This is the part of the story that stood out to me. Sounds like someone who is bitter. I've really been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt the past few months, but each day it seems I read or discover something else that makes me doubt her true intentions...



....Bitter? or someone who wasn't a young girl anymore that could be ordered around. There comes a time in a female's life where you are ready to own your womanhood and not bow down to people just because they are bigger, better, stronger, faster, or richer than you are. Standing up for yourself does not always consititute bitter. It simply means that you're not afraid to go into self-preservation mode if someone fk**cs with you, and I don't believe a woman should be villified for that.



A women and not a child knows how to get a job and take care of herself. Please do not tell me her belly dance stuff is her job as this appears to have just started recently. I do not think she has acted in anything in over a decade. Prince was not responsible for taking care of her for the rest of her life which is what she seems to think. I saw a response from her on her IG were she said she would always be his wife. She is at stalker level crazy and her actions have nothing to do with feminism which I belive some orgers think of her as some sort of Joan of Arc character.







Actually, she was doing the belly dance classes before P passed. She has also been in many tv series other than Hollywood Exes, which I believe painted all of the women involved in a light other than what is true to life. Let's be honest, if it was all about the money like some people believe she would sell everything NOW. And make a pretty penny. This woman is damned if she does or doesn't. Love her or dislike her, leave her be. And NO I am not a hash tagger.

She had tried to sell everything and she has not acted in anything in almost decade or danced in anything. She should go get a real job.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 03/25/17 4:11pm

Vashtix

laurarichardson said:

You must be s newbies Prince was quite the litigations one for the last 25 years or so even the auction house knew it. This was s year ago not 20 years ago and she made an extremely vindictive comment. You are a fucking trip he was dealing with s out control drug addition while playing an acoustic piano and not missing a beat. You know what that 75k for medical expenses must have been for all those illegal drugs🙄. He was probaly sick as a dog and working while she was hawking items since getting a job might be too much for her😥 I would not be surprised if she tries to sell it again but the estate will come for her. said:

What was Prince doing in March 2016? Touring, composing music, and dealing with a drug addiction (occasionally tweeting goofy stuff on twitter) Is it possible his people were in charge of keeping track of this kind of shit. Plus, she kept the shit forever. HIs litigious nature wasn't as bad back in the day..why wait until March of 2016?

Real important question--now that the items are worth more, has she tried to auction them off again? If so, then she sucks. If not, then so the fuck what about her earlier little tantrum.

[Edited 3/19/17 12:02pm]

[Edited 3/19/17 12:04pm]

You said it ! He worked himself death while others who did nothing to build the empire want to collect from his blood, sweat, and tears. It is why this whole thing with Mayte has a such a pungent stench. It is wrong on so many levels.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 20 123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Story about auction of Prince items that was pulled