independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 21st Jul 2017 1:55pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > The future of the revolution
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 03/06/17 8:48am

Poorlovelycomp
uter

The future of the revolution

Now that The Revolution have reunited and are performing together again. Has there been any talk of new material on the horizon. Would anyone like to hear new material from them?
"love's the only drug we do in here"-Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 03/06/17 8:50am

RodeoSchro

avatar

They just announced a lot more tour dates.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 03/06/17 8:53am

Guitarhero

avatar

I would love them to tour in the UK. New material naww.

Love4OneAnother heart


Violence is never the answer Annteefa. But after seeing your antics in Hamburg am calling you out as a terrorist group.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 03/06/17 10:39am

sexton

avatar

I've been saying for years that a Revolution without Prince album would be very welcome to me. Especially if Wendy & Lisa were the driving forces writing and producing most of it.

I know the thought of that would drive the Wendy & Lisa haters here crazy.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 03/06/17 11:13am

E319

I would buy it. cool

Black day, stormy night/No love, no hope in sight...
Don't cry, he is coming/Don't die, without knowing...
The Cross.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 03/06/17 11:50am

Poorlovelycomp
uter

W & L went on to make strong creative albums. Wendy as lead vocalist is perfect.
"love's the only drug we do in here"-Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 03/06/17 7:51pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

RodeoSchro said:

They just announced a lot more tour dates.



yeahthat -----> http://prince.org/msg/12/439514

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 03/07/17 4:11am

laurarichardso
n

sexton said:

I've been saying for years that a Revolution without Prince album would be very welcome to me. Especially if Wendy & Lisa were the driving forces writing and producing most of it.

I know the thought of that would drive the Wendy & Lisa haters here crazy.

Wendy does not have a good voice. Maybe Lisa could sing lead but there music has not set the world on fire and that is a fact. Not hating just the truth.

If people hate on them if it the arrogant attitude of Mrs. Wendy in the past who made it seem as if Prince was nothing until they came along. Now she seems to be adjusting her tone which is good.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 03/07/17 3:37pm

sexton

avatar

laurarichardson said:

sexton said:

I've been saying for years that a Revolution without Prince album would be very welcome to me. Especially if Wendy & Lisa were the driving forces writing and producing most of it.

I know the thought of that would drive the Wendy & Lisa haters here crazy.

Wendy does not have a good voice. Maybe Lisa could sing lead but there music has not set the world on fire and that is a fact. Not hating just the truth.

If people hate on them if it the arrogant attitude of Mrs. Wendy in the past who made it seem as if Prince was nothing until they came along. Now she seems to be adjusting her tone which is good.


I never mentioned who I thought should sing lead, but all the vocals on Wendy and Lisa's albums sound just fine to me.

Wendy has never made it out that Prince was nothing until she came along. Maybe some fans may think that, but I've never seen any evidence that she ever felt that way.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 03/07/17 5:35pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

sexton said:

laurarichardson said:

Wendy does not have a good voice. Maybe Lisa could sing lead but there music has not set the world on fire and that is a fact. Not hating just the truth.

If people hate on them if it the arrogant attitude of Mrs. Wendy in the past who made it seem as if Prince was nothing until they came along. Now she seems to be adjusting her tone which is good.


I never mentioned who I thought should sing lead, but all the vocals on Wendy and Lisa's albums sound just fine to me.

Wendy has never made it out that Prince was nothing until she came along. Maybe some fans may think that, but I've never seen any evidence that she ever felt that way.

I've never heard or read that either

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 03/09/17 9:12am

laurarichardso
n

sexton said:



laurarichardson said:




sexton said:


I've been saying for years that a Revolution without Prince album would be very welcome to me. Especially if Wendy & Lisa were the driving forces writing and producing most of it.

I know the thought of that would drive the Wendy & Lisa haters here crazy.



Wendy does not have a good voice. Maybe Lisa could sing lead but there music has not set the world on fire and that is a fact. Not hating just the truth.



If people hate on them if it the arrogant attitude of Mrs. Wendy in the past who made it seem as if Prince was nothing until they came along. Now she seems to be adjusting her tone which is good.




I never mentioned who I thought should sing lead, but all the vocals on Wendy and Lisa's albums sound just fine to me.

Wendy has never made it out that Prince was nothing until she came along. Maybe some fans may think that, but I've never seen any evidence that she ever felt that way.


/-She actually takes a swipe at the NPG in the Rolling Stone article that came out this week.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 03/09/17 11:18am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

depends on interpretation.
She also in the same breath gives them props

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 03/09/17 11:20am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Poorlovelycomputer said:

Now that The Revolution have reunited and are performing together again. Has there been any talk of new material on the horizon. Would anyone like to hear new material from them?

I think after this time together there is a strong possibility of doing new music together

I think one thing that Prince & (Vanity) passing is another reminder that we just don't have tomorrow promised, so live love (and make music)

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 03/09/17 11:33am

ladygirl99

sexton said:

I've been saying for years that a Revolution without Prince album would be very welcome to me. Especially if Wendy & Lisa were the driving forces writing and producing most of it.

I know the thought of that would drive the Wendy & Lisa haters here crazy.

I agree. I would love for that album to come out. I really want Wendy and Lisa to write a book or memoir. I fucking love their interviews especially Wendy I like her straight talker style.

Lisa's wife Renata runs their facebook fansite and I should stop by and ask her if Wendy and Lisa have any plans to release a book. To be honest, I rather have a book first then album since i love to read.

But I would definately will buy a Revolution album.

Like Oldfriends4sale, tomorrow isn't promising and plus Bobby Z is around 60 (and he nearly died years ago) and Matt Fink and Lisa are approaching 60 (I heard while back she had back problems but I hope all well is with her) too so I am happy they are going to do these shows and go from here.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 03/10/17 8:44am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

This just makes it hurt again.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 03/14/17 2:47pm

Germanegro

I'm keen to see their tour. I wonder why they never branched off into their own act post-Prince. They were probably too burned-out to think of it--perhaps that's the answer right there! Maybe also some obstructionism might have been presented by the labels, as I've read W&L had encountered.

>

It'd be interesting to see if they could ever create new material together. Theyr'e all full-blown adults with families, but I imagine they could do it if they wanted to stretch in a band environment.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 03/14/17 5:40pm

ladygirl99

Germanegro said:

I'm keen to see their tour. I wonder why they never branched off into their own act post-Prince. They were probably too burned-out to think of it--perhaps that's the answer right there! Maybe also some obstructionism might have been presented by the labels, as I've read W&L had encountered.

>

It'd be interesting to see if they could ever create new material together. Theyr'e all full-blown adults with families, but I imagine they could do it if they wanted to stretch in a band environment.

I read somewhere they (well Wendy more) wanted to tour but the problem is around 1997 they were dropped from a major label and did things DIY. It was one of the interviews they did when they did Girl Bros. Wendy often talked about this she wanted to tour to promote the album but instead they performed very few clubs, mainly in NYC. She discussed one thing she missed signed to a label was their backup for the tours.

Scoring music is paying their bills more than touring.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 03/14/17 8:31pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

luv4u said:

RodeoSchro said:

They just announced a lot more tour dates.



yeahthat -----> http://prince.org/msg/12/439514

A second show has just been added for San Francisco. The first show sold out.

nothing's forbidden... and nothing's taboo.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 03/16/17 4:22pm

sexton

avatar

ladygirl99 said:

Germanegro said:

I'm keen to see their tour. I wonder why they never branched off into their own act post-Prince. They were probably too burned-out to think of it--perhaps that's the answer right there! Maybe also some obstructionism might have been presented by the labels, as I've read W&L had encountered.

>

It'd be interesting to see if they could ever create new material together. Theyr'e all full-blown adults with families, but I imagine they could do it if they wanted to stretch in a band environment.

I read somewhere they (well Wendy more) wanted to tour but the problem is around 1997 they were dropped from a major label and did things DIY. It was one of the interviews they did when they did Girl Bros. Wendy often talked about this she wanted to tour to promote the album but instead they performed very few clubs, mainly in NYC. She discussed one thing she missed signed to a label was their backup for the tours.

Scoring music is paying their bills more than touring.


I was at one of the pre-Girl Bros shows in NYC. It was a free show at a very small venue called Arlene's Grocery. That was the only time I ever saw Wendy & Lisa live outside of The Revolution.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 03/16/17 4:40pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

sexton said:

ladygirl99 said:

I read somewhere they (well Wendy more) wanted to tour but the problem is around 1997 they were dropped from a major label and did things DIY. It was one of the interviews they did when they did Girl Bros. Wendy often talked about this she wanted to tour to promote the album but instead they performed very few clubs, mainly in NYC. She discussed one thing she missed signed to a label was their backup for the tours.

Scoring music is paying their bills more than touring.


I was at one of the pre-Girl Bros shows in NYC. It was a free show at a very small venue called Arlene's Grocery. That was the only time I ever saw Wendy & Lisa live outside of The Revolution.

I don't see a new evolution for The Revolution. I think they are doing this now because fans want them to perform and they feel like doing it--as a mutual catharsis. This, in my opinion, is temporary and if people want to join in on the traveling tribute by them, they better hop on it now.

nothing's forbidden... and nothing's taboo.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 03/16/17 4:48pm

sexton

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

sexton said:


I was at one of the pre-Girl Bros shows in NYC. It was a free show at a very small venue called Arlene's Grocery. That was the only time I ever saw Wendy & Lisa live outside of The Revolution.

I don't see a new evolution for The Revolution. I think they are doing this now because fans want them to perform and they feel like doing it--as a mutual catharsis. This, in my opinion, is temporary and if people want to join in on the traveling tribute by them, they better hop on it now.


I agree, I never said a new album by the band was likely.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 03/20/17 11:43am

LEATHRSAIL

avatar

sexton said:

laurarichardson said:

Wendy does not have a good voice. Maybe Lisa could sing lead but there music has not set the world on fire and that is a fact. Not hating just the truth.

If people hate on them if it the arrogant attitude of Mrs. Wendy in the past who made it seem as if Prince was nothing until they came along. Now she seems to be adjusting her tone which is good.


I never mentioned who I thought should sing lead, but all the vocals on Wendy and Lisa's albums sound just fine to me.

Wendy has never made it out that Prince was nothing until she came along. Maybe some fans may think that, but I've never seen any evidence that she ever felt that way.

Well, let me say first that I am a HUGE Wendy & Lisa fan! HUGE! But in an online Q&A after White Flags was released. Someone did ask who was the song Invisible about. Wendy did say Prince. If you listen to the lyrics she does kinda give herself a little credit for Prince's popularity.

Those years were mine

I made us greater than our time

Why don't you see

The light you had because of me

When you were mine

The sun is gone

I made it disappear

No lights are on you now

That is unless I'm near

When you were mine

But I am not going to disagree with her too.....

I love the Revolution. What I was sold back in the day was Prince & the Revolution. Not Prince by himself. To me they were my Beatles. I am traveling to Phili to see them on the 29th. I CAN'T WAIT! I have been waiting 30 years for this! But yes, I do wish that Prince was alive to join them.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 03/21/17 9:53am

sexton

avatar

LEATHRSAIL said:

sexton said:


I never mentioned who I thought should sing lead, but all the vocals on Wendy and Lisa's albums sound just fine to me.

Wendy has never made it out that Prince was nothing until she came along. Maybe some fans may think that, but I've never seen any evidence that she ever felt that way.

Well, let me say first that I am a HUGE Wendy & Lisa fan! HUGE! But in an online Q&A after White Flags was released. Someone did ask who was the song Invisible about. Wendy did say Prince. If you listen to the lyrics she does kinda give herself a little credit for Prince's popularity.

Those years were mine

I made us greater than our time

Why don't you see

The light you had because of me

When you were mine

The sun is gone

I made it disappear

No lights are on you now

That is unless I'm near

When you were mine

But I am not going to disagree with her too.....

I love the Revolution. What I was sold back in the day was Prince & the Revolution. Not Prince by himself. To me they were my Beatles. I am traveling to Phili to see them on the 29th. I CAN'T WAIT! I have been waiting 30 years for this! But yes, I do wish that Prince was alive to join them.


I don't interpret these lyrics as saying Prince was "nothing" until Wendy came along.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > The future of the revolution