independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 28th May 2017 9:25am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Vanity/Denise Matthews magazine/newspaper and tv tributes/mentions after her death...
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 3 <123
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 03/20/17 3:38pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

luvgirl said:

Goddess4Real said:

Now if only we could find a nice copy of Lady Boss (1992) hmmm wink

I want Memories of murder, and deadly illusions. Do you know where I can get them?

I couldn't find Memories Of Murder.......but I found this on You-tube Film Vault: Deadly Illusion (1987)

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 03/20/17 3:44pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

Prince and Vanity 1980-2016 by J

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 03/20/17 5:33pm

luvgirl

Goddess4Real said:



luvgirl said:


Goddess4Real said:

Now if only we could find a nice copy of Lady Boss (1992) hmmm wink



I want Memories of murder, and deadly illusions. Do you know where I can get them?




I couldn't find Memories Of Murder.....but I found this on You-tube Film Vault: Deadly Illusion (1987)








Great! Thank you Goddess! Did you ever see Memories Of Murder? It looks like a good movie. She's all over the cover too like she has a prominent role.
I just want you here, I just want you near me baby, cause I'm scared I'll cry, I love you like crazy.
~RIP~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 03/21/17 5:45pm

Vashtix

Goddess4Real said:

Denise Vanity Matthews Interview- Playboy by Herb Stryker....he says "Here is the interview where she talks about her career. It is most of the interview but the ending is missing. This was uploaded to the old Vanity fan site, so I don't know why the person who originally uploaded didn't have the last few minutes. Sorry. I wish I could track down the complete version. Thanks." Also its an aged-restricted video, so you have to sign in to confirm your age if you search for it on You-Tube. Enjoy biggrin woot!

----------------------------------------

NSFW it shows some pics from her Playboy Shoots

[Edited 3/18/17 19:06pm]

[Edited 3/18/17 19:09pm]

Denise was such a woman. She was BOSS. She owned her stuff and did not try to coy or blame Prince for anything . I love that about her and she was truly the finest woman in the world.

She did not put Prince down either at the end when the interviewer said Prince was accused of certain things - she simply said yes, but that is him. Support your man Vanity.

Thank you for posting here.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 03/24/17 8:27pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

I like this oufit biggrin The Tonight Show Johnny Carson 1985

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 03/24/17 9:24pm

luvgirl

Goddess4Real said:

I like this oufit biggrin The Tonight Show Johnny Carson 1985







Very cute. She was always so stylish.. pimp2 Kind of like someone else I admire whose name starts with P and was a musical genius...
[Edited 3/24/17 21:25pm]
I just want you here, I just want you near me baby, cause I'm scared I'll cry, I love you like crazy.
~RIP~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 03/24/17 11:33pm

Vashtix

luvgirl said:

Goddess4Real said:

I like this oufit biggrin The Tonight Show Johnny Carson 1985

Very cute. She was always so stylish.. pimp2 Kind of like someone else I admire whose name starts with P and was a musical genius... [Edited 3/24/17 21:25pm]

She was an artist and it showed in how she styled herself; she was very unique.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 03/25/17 12:09am

luvgirl

Vashtix said:



luvgirl said:


Goddess4Real said:

I like this oufit biggrin The Tonight Show Johnny Carson 1985






Very cute. She was always so stylish.. pimp2 Kind of like someone else I admire whose name starts with P and was a musical genius... [Edited 3/24/17 21:25pm]

She was an artist and it showed in how she styled herself; she was very unique.



To think, this style was before people like Madonna, Rihanna and Lady Gagga. Truly original..
[Edited 3/25/17 0:11am]
I just want you here, I just want you near me baby, cause I'm scared I'll cry, I love you like crazy.
~RIP~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 03/25/17 9:44am

purplegirl00

luvgirl said:

Vashtix said:

She was an artist and it showed in how she styled herself; she was very unique.

To think, this style was before people like Madonna, Rihanna and Lady Gagga. Truly original.. [Edited 3/25/17 0:11am]

Definitely an original. I was watching one of my fave oldie chic flics, Pretty Woman, the other day and when I saw Julia with the high thigh boots, I thought of Vanity. She was rockin' those way before Julia. biggrin

[Edited 3/25/17 9:55am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 03/25/17 12:13pm

Vashtix

purplegirl00 said:



luvgirl said:


Vashtix said:


She was an artist and it showed in how she styled herself; she was very unique.



To think, this style was before people like Madonna, Rihanna and Lady Gagga. Truly original.. [Edited 3/25/17 0:11am]


Definitely an original. I was watching one of my fave oldie chic flics, Pretty Woman, the other day and when I saw Julia with the high thigh boots, I thought of Vanity. She was rockin' those way before Julia. biggrin

[Edited 3/25/17 9:55am]


She gets no credit for the trendsetter she was.She was truly a cultural icon.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 03/25/17 4:36pm

luvgirl

Watching "Deadly Illusions" tonight! popcorn and I found "Memories Of Murder" on eBay! Miss Denise Matthews is even gonna make me buy a VHS recorder! Only the purple one has ever had it like that! Prince better watch out... My Vanity fandom is sneaking up on him! lol I'm only a little worried that as soon as I buy these, they'll rerelease them on DVD... razz
[Edited 3/27/17 3:36am]
I just want you here, I just want you near me baby, cause I'm scared I'll cry, I love you like crazy.
~RIP~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 04/02/17 10:20pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

One of my all-time fav pics of Vanity biggrin

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 04/03/17 8:43am

luvgirl

My recent purchases... In Friday The 13th, Vanity plays Angelica in Mesmer's Bauble. She also has a co-part in 52 Pick up. I've heard that she did the cover for 1999. Anyone know how true this is?

photo image_zps8xszmrko.jpeg
[Edited 4/3/17 8:53am]
I just want you here, I just want you near me baby, cause I'm scared I'll cry, I love you like crazy.
~RIP~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 04/03/17 10:49am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Were Prince & Vanity still hanging out after she left the camp during the 80s?

I have them at a club Tramps in Beverley Hills in 1986

singer-vanity-attends-the-party-for-prince-on-may-30-1986-at-tramps-picture-id98662048?k=6&m=98662048&s=612x612&w=0&h=ZzkxkB7NU8RcN6uKbAXAIF2ZzVjSR9dC3VQk7VvDRSY=

here she is wearing what looks like one of Prince's outfits a peach colored one, 1/2 top with the buttons down the side, the front, and on the top

17264723_1289872311065960_5499532332948787562_n.jpg?oh=eec5ae7d7638b1aec8c5068e4d023687&oe=594EEEDB

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 04/03/17 11:09am

luvgirl

OldFriends4Sale said:



Were Prince & Vanity still hanging out after she left the camp during the 80s?

I have them at a club Tramps in Beverley Hills in 1986




singer-vanity-attends-the-party-for-prince-on-may-30-1986-at-tramps-picture-id98662048?k=6&m=98662048&s=612x612&w=0&h=ZzkxkB7NU8RcN6uKbAXAIF2ZzVjSR9dC3VQk7VvDRSY=



here she is wearing what looks like one of Prince's outfits a peach colored one, 1/2 top with the buttons down the side, the front, and on the top




17264723_1289872311065960_5499532332948787562_n.jpg?oh=eec5ae7d7638b1aec8c5068e4d023687&oe=594EEEDB




In some of her writings divulge to us from her brother in law TOB, she alluded to communicating and having some nightly flings after the 1985 AMA where she gave him the award. I also heard about a night club they were spotted together in the VIP lounge around that time as well...
I have that photo of her wearing that Prince outfit. I heard she wore it to a party he threw. He must of given it to her to wear. I don't remember if it was at Tramps. Was this pic of Prince the night he held a party?
[Edited 4/5/17 18:23pm]
I just want you here, I just want you near me baby, cause I'm scared I'll cry, I love you like crazy.
~RIP~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 04/08/17 8:09pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 04/08/17 8:26pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

Don't forget to check out this awesome VanityTheSixx worship Instagram for new pics like this one https://www.instagram.com...itythesixx that I have never seen before biggrin

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 04/08/17 9:35pm

luvgirl

Goddess4Real said:



Awww, so cute. touched
I just want you here, I just want you near me baby, cause I'm scared I'll cry, I love you like crazy.
~RIP~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 04/11/17 10:57am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

luvgirl said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Were Prince & Vanity still hanging out after she left the camp during the 80s?

I have them at a club Tramps in Beverley Hills in 1986

singer-vanity-attends-the-party-for-prince-on-may-30-1986-at-tramps-picture-id98662048?k=6&m=98662048&s=612x612&w=0&h=ZzkxkB7NU8RcN6uKbAXAIF2ZzVjSR9dC3VQk7VvDRSY=

here she is wearing what looks like one of Prince's outfits a peach colored one, 1/2 top with the buttons down the side, the front, and on the top

17264723_1289872311065960_5499532332948787562_n.jpg?oh=eec5ae7d7638b1aec8c5068e4d023687&oe=594EEEDB

In some of her writings divulge to us from her brother in law TOB, she alluded to communicating and having some nightly flings after the 1985 AMA where she gave him the award. I also heard about a night club they were spotted together in the VIP lounge around that time as well... I have that photo of her wearing that Prince outfit. I heard she wore it to a party he threw. He must of given it to her to wear. I don't remember if it was at Tramps. Was this pic of Prince the night he held a party? [Edited 4/5/17 18:23pm]

Yes both of them are at/from Tramps that night

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 3 <123
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Vanity/Denise Matthews magazine/newspaper and tv tributes/mentions after her death...