independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 18th Aug 2018 5:11pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Fan Gatherings > Paisley Park - What's changed in past 12 months?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 03/03/18 4:11pm

jodznsez

avatar

Paisley Park - What's changed in past 12 months?

morning.

Went to PP in Feb 17 - loved it.

Saw the atrium part / his office / editing suite / SotT room / dirty mind bits / the studios / Purple rain area / Parade/G Bridge area & the set ups in the sounds stage...

Has the tour changes as I'm booked again on March 16th (under 2 WEEKS!!)...

anyone been in-between my dates?

I think the lovesexy room opened after i went so I'll hopefully see that.

*
prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 03/03/18 4:31pm

motherfunka

In October they updated the outfits in the Diamonds and Pearls, Sign O' The Times, and Under The Cherry Moon rooms. The soundstage now has stages dedicated to Jam Of The Year tour, Musicology tour, Rock and Roll Love Affair video, and Prince's strats with outfits to match. The Piano And A Microphone stage is still there. Like you said, they opened the Lovesexy room in April. Hopefully they will update the outfits in April. Everything else is still pretty much the same.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 03/03/18 4:52pm

jodznsez

avatar

oh cool - sounds great.

I can't remember (was a bit overwhelmed at the time) what was in the soundstage now when i went - definately Piano n a Mic, and the cars were in there too.

*
prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 03/03/18 5:00pm

motherfunka

jodznsez said:

oh cool - sounds great.

I can't remember (was a bit overwhelmed at the time) what was in the soundstage now when i went - definately Piano n a Mic, and the cars were in there too.

The cars are still there. The stages when you went were the Gold Experience, 1999 and Purple Rain, 3RDEYEGIRL, Jam Of The Year, and Piano And A Microphone. The JOTY stage has been changed up.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 03/12/18 6:56pm

motherfunka

motherfunka said:

In October they updated the outfits in the Diamonds and Pearls, Sign O' The Times, and Under The Cherry Moon rooms. The soundstage now has stages dedicated to Jam Of The Year tour, Musicology tour, Rock and Roll Love Affair video, and Prince's strats with outfits to match. The Piano And A Microphone stage is still there. Like you said, they opened the Lovesexy room in April. Hopefully they will update the outfits in April. Everything else is still pretty much the same.

Update: I went this past weekend and the only different things are they "found" some multi-colored overhead lights in Studio A that are now turned on and they repositioned the purple yamaha piano.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 03/14/18 3:33pm

Prianna

WHAT HAS CHANGED IS HE ISN'T THERE - VERY SAD HE ISN'T HERE ON EARTH

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 03/24/18 5:19pm

jodznsez

avatar

went last friday (16th) and a few bits had changed. There was a black album room (not open tho).

There was more on the timeline photos (near awards) . There was more in the sound stage too.

Also they only played Rough Enough in studio B - before it was an unheard song from that blue note project.

*
prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 03/29/18 8:41pm

jodim666

hi all. i went to PP June 2017 and the Lovesexy room wasn't open. is it open now? I was really wanting to see it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 03/30/18 9:38am

motherfunka

jodim666 said:

hi all. i went to PP June 2017 and the Lovesexy room wasn't open. is it open now? I was really wanting to see it.

That's odd, because the room opened April 2017.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 03/30/18 9:56am

SBartist

avatar

I went in June 2017 and it was open - here is the page I added to my scrapbook:

11-LS.jpg

Paisley Park Tour -
1988-1989 Lovesexy tour concert photos adorn the walls and video clips of Prince performing are also featured on a wall from the tour. Another wall is the album cover. Many outfits from this era have words embroidered on the sleeves, there are six in this display:
*Green cropped jacket and chain dangling metal pendants.
*White and black polka dot outfit with Japanese lettering on the sleeve.
*White shirt, black vest and black knee-high boots from the tour.
*Long blue coat with Lovesexy down one sleeve.
*Black brocade and turquoise floral print suit with matching high-heeled shoes.
*Mint and black outfit he wore in the Alphabet Street video.
*Prince’s customized white guitar designed by Jerry Anerswald played on tour

[Edited 3/30/18 10:01am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Fan Gatherings > Paisley Park - What's changed in past 12 months?