independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 21st Aug 2017 8:34pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Jesse Lee Peterson: Slavery wasn't racism.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 2 <12
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 06/18/17 10:21am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Paul Street has a good book about Obama.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 06/18/17 6:10pm

214

I'm in shocked. eek

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 06/19/17 9:35am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Bitch boy chimed in again: Democrats are spawns of Satan. We will see if Hannity drops him.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 06/19/17 4:13pm

guitarslinger4
4

avatar

liljojo said:

guitarslinger44 said:



I've lived in a black neigborhood for the last 7 years 2elijah. So you better come correct when you try to tell me in so many words that I don't know what I'm talking about. My point wasn't about folks of the same race all agreeing with each other, it was about dismissing someone just because you don't like what they're saying even if what they're saying is true.

Are you of the mind that a preponderance of single parenthood is a good thing? Are Peterson and Cosby wrong about that? Maybe Peterson touches a nerve by saying folks are all immoral, but are you still going to throw the baby out with the bathwater?


And you better come correct when you try to tell black people or anyone for that fact about improving mentally. Staying where the majority of citizens in your area is black don't make you a black expert. If a person got on here and talked down about several times and said foolish remarks that doesn't represent you are with a point of view filled with foolish opinions and untruths how would you feel? Or is ok to say because a lot of racist look like the guy in your icon that you support the KKK & NAAWP?

And please come at me because this will be one enlightening debate you will lose. ANd others that are just alike. Stop trying to find fault in others that's different from you and supporting foolish views that's putting others down. Next thing I know you're be on here agreeing that slavery was a choice and state of mind by blacks or black africans. Because you do know it was BLACK AMERICANS living here before slavery took place doing fine and living amongst white americans. So us all living together without racial profiling isn't impossible. But with people like Jesse is preaching lies and saying things to make minorities feel bad about being who they are. Which is the reason people are on here calling him out.

[Edited 6/16/17 22:09pm]


Why don't you answer the questions in the post you quoted and save the bluster and hyperbole. No reasonable person would argue that slavery was a choice because it wasn't on the part of the folks who were sold into it (by other black folks I might add.)

In the psychology field, someone making excuses for why their lot in life doesn't improve rather than at least trying to do something about it is called dysfunctional. I'm not saying Jesse is right about everything, I don't know all the claims he's made in the past, but it sounds like he, much like Cosby, is saying some shit folks don't want to hear but need to. shrug


2elijah said:

guitarslinger44 said:



I've lived in a black neigborhood for the last 7 years 2elijah. So you better come correct when you try to tell me in so many words that I don't know what I'm talking about. My point wasn't about folks of the same race all agreeing with each other, it was about dismissing someone just because you don't like what they're saying even if what they're saying is true.

Are you of the mind that a preponderance of single parenthood is a good thing? Are Peterson and Cosby wrong about that? Maybe Peterson touches a nerve by saying folks are all immoral, but are you still going to throw the baby out with the bathwater?

First of all, don't you ever tell what I 'better' do. You don't have that authority. Now, you living in a Black community for 7 years, doesn't make you the king of all things Black, because you lived in a Black community for 7 years. I'm Black, been Black all my life, and don't need to live in a Black community to prove how Black I am. I've lived in various, multicultural, multiracial and predominantly Black communities, and that doesn't make me the Queen of all Black culture knowledge or experience, especially when all Black families live by their individual cultures, values and experiences. Who said that anyone dismissed Jesse's opinion? Some just don't agree with his opinion. Where's the crime in that? You're upset baecause I dont agree with him? I don't, that's it, and have as much right as Jesse, to express that. Why should I agree with him if I don't? And if you're going to bring up Cosby, I mean really? Ask him about the white woman, he fathered a child with, while he was married, and didn't acknowledge that daughter, until that daughter went public about it? Ask him about his children who were hooked on drugs. So much for his good parenting advice, and criticizing single parents though right? Yeah ok. Jesse and Bill touching nerves? Really? A disagreement is a disagreement. I have my opinion on single parenthood, and I'm not going to put all single parents in one bowl of soup and claim they are destined for failure, when I've seen a number of single parents, do a great job raising their children, and they should not be all labeled as failures, by some in society who tend to generalize all single parents in a negative way. That's unfair. The reality is, there are failures and success stories in both single parent homes and two-parent homes. Just ask Bill, he was no perfect parent, and I won't even bring up all the rape accusations against him. Lack of access to basic, educational and economic resources, often is what leads to a failed community in society, whether you're from a single parent or two-parent home. My opinion of Jesse remains, whether you accept that or not. I can think of far, better role models than Jesse. My son, and his friends, for one, are great role models and leaders in their community, working with youth and their families. Some of his friends were raised in single parent homes, but they can thank their parents for becoming the role models they are today. That's all I will say about that. You have a good day though. [Edited 6/17/17 5:39am]



Sure, Cosby's got skeletons in the closet, but does that mean he's wrong? Does that mean the government statistics that say that kids from single parent homes have a much harder road ahead of them and are much more likely to wind up commiting crimes, dropping out of school, and repeating the cycle are wrong? I get that maybe you don't like the way Jesse phrased it, but again, that doesn't mean he's wrong just because folks don't want to hear it.

You are right that there are examples of failures and successes in both single and two parent homes though, and I am glad to hear that your son and his friends have grown up to be role models. Folks like that are needed in all communities, especially these days.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 06/19/17 7:09pm

liljojo

guitarslinger44 said:

liljojo said:

And you better come correct when you try to tell black people or anyone for that fact about improving mentally. Staying where the majority of citizens in your area is black don't make you a black expert. If a person got on here and talked down about several times and said foolish remarks that doesn't represent you are with a point of view filled with foolish opinions and untruths how would you feel? Or is ok to say because a lot of racist look like the guy in your icon that you support the KKK & NAAWP?

And please come at me because this will be one enlightening debate you will lose. ANd others that are just alike. Stop trying to find fault in others that's different from you and supporting foolish views that's putting others down. Next thing I know you're be on here agreeing that slavery was a choice and state of mind by blacks or black africans. Because you do know it was BLACK AMERICANS living here before slavery took place doing fine and living amongst white americans. So us all living together without racial profiling isn't impossible. But with people like Jesse is preaching lies and saying things to make minorities feel bad about being who they are. Which is the reason people are on here calling him out

Why don't you answer the questions in the post you quoted and save the bluster and hyperbole. No reasonable person would argue that slavery was a choice because it wasn't on the part of the folks who were sold into it (by other black folks I might add.)

In the psychology field, someone making excuses for why their lot in life doesn't improve rather than at least trying to do something about it is called dysfunctional. I'm not saying Jesse is right about everything, I don't know all the claims he's made in the past, but it sounds like he, much like Cosby, is saying some shit folks don't want to hear but need to. shrug


History Truth, white people sold free black people in upper North America to southerners and I know other black people was sold by blacks. Also Cosby had points I disagreed with and agreed with. My problem with your opinion is you are making it seem like "Oh I can't make it because I'm black" is used and said by all blacks. That's not true and then Jesse say slavery wasn't racism, he need to go lookup what race and racism means. Also I was the one that pointed out that their was white slaves. I also said black slaves was represented as a piece of property and considered lower than trash in american history. So please miss me with the bluster and hyperbole. You should've told yourself that before you responded "Come correct" as if you're the spokesperson for all blacks because you stay in the same neighborhood. It's white people also in the ghetto and doing the same thing you, Bill Cosby, and Jesse is saying the black community is doing. I do not agree to anyone abusing the system but minorities had to learn it from somewhere. I don't agree to making excuses for any wrongdoings. It's how mad white america is mad at the NBA and NFL not having more white athletes but turn a naked eye to more diverse people being CEO's or running companies outside of their own businesses.

I'm a black male here in the USA, it's nothing you can say or teach me about being me or a minority. I never once said I didn't get anything because I'm black. The only time I say anything close to that is when I am afraid to walk to my car or walk with my light skin mom or cousins without the cops trying to blow my damn head off. How about I give you a reality check for me and other black males. I got arrested in alabama for walking with my mom to piggly wiggly at 14yrs old and was about to be charged with a kidnap and robbery felony. My mama had to go back to miami, florida get my birth certificate and take a DNA test to prove I was her black son. I was choked and slammed before they put me in the back seat. My mom picked me up with a black eye and broke left arm. 14yrs old now, how would you feel if two white americans did the same to you or your child? They threw cotton in my holding ceil and tried to make me act like I was slave. Miss me with all this slavery isn't racism because without being racism blacks wouldn't be considered as less than trash and considered property. Then you all complain about hip-hop being so bad. Pain and suffering never sounds good no matter what format it's in. People like Jesse is the reason why America can't heal because you all keep trying to pamper yourselves with excuses over facing the harsh reality and truth.

But you know what, life is the best teacher and reality is the best fantasy killer. Soon the oppressers will reap their sowed karma and maybe then they will start to do the right thing. You want to help, then help by spreading positivity and truth. Stop making excuses and agreeing with people degrading others because all it does is stop progress. It's so easy to admit your wrong but it's hard to change it. Everybody deserves to be treated fairly and not bullied into feeling like a mistake. What Jesse is saying is that black people are suffering from mental illness and blaming people for their faults and that's not true. Again I say if that's how we are going to be towards each other then I need to conclude you're a racist with KKK and NAAWP. But guess what, I don't think like that because I believe giving everyone a chance until they mess it up themselves.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 06/19/17 9:36pm

UncleJam

avatar

guitarslinger44 said:



Sure, Cosby's got skeletons in the closet, but does that mean he's wrong? Does that mean the government statistics that say that kids from single parent homes have a much harder road ahead of them and are much more likely to wind up commiting crimes, dropping out of school, and repeating the cycle are wrong? I get that maybe you don't like the way Jesse phrased it, but again, that doesn't mean he's wrong just because folks don't want to hear it.

You are right that there are examples of failures and successes in both single and two parent homes though, and I am glad to hear that your son and his friends have grown up to be role models. Folks like that are needed in all communities, especially these days.

Have you ever stopped to ask why single parenting has been such an "epidemic" in the black community? Housing authorities pricing certain neighborhoods with certain prices to ensure that only certain people end up living there? Then those low priced neighborhoods where all of the dregs of society dwell just happen to be full of drugs and alcohol and guns? How did those drugs gets there? Did the folks that could barely afford to keep a roof over head bring them in? Or did the govenrment turn a blind eye and allow the shit to happen? All of the vices necessary to distract you from the fact that even though laws have been passed to ensure equal opportunity, you cant find a job, cant feed your family...but OG Mudbone on the corner with his pimp hat and Cadillac sure looks comfortable. Hmmm...maybe it's time to see what he's doing.

-

Now...blaming whitey and the government for all that is wrong in the black community is old and tired. Its the 21st century,age of information, knowledge at your fingertips...fools SHOULD wake up and stop falling into those traps, that lifestyle. That's where I agree that the Civil Rights Movement was wasted...but I also understand that there is a reason that a portion of our black community is still in the dark. Black folks arent just stupid, as Steppinfetchit here tried to say. There have been obstacles placed in the way since day one, and the government should not get a pass for what they have done to contribute to the problem, or for the things they fail to do to correct the problems. But bring this up nowadays and you're "playing the race card". Nah...just reminding you that there is more than enough evidence to show that a large portion of the black community's problems are due to generation after generation of wrongdoing from the folks in charge.

Make it so, Number One...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 06/20/17 9:54am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Jane Elliott rightly hung up on him.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 06/20/17 3:11pm

2elijah

avatar

liljojo said:



guitarslinger44 said:




liljojo said:



And you better come correct when you try to tell black people or anyone for that fact about improving mentally. Staying where the majority of citizens in your area is black don't make you a black expert. If a person got on here and talked down about several times and said foolish remarks that doesn't represent you are with a point of view filled with foolish opinions and untruths how would you feel? Or is ok to say because a lot of racist look like the guy in your icon that you support the KKK & NAAWP?

And please come at me because this will be one enlightening debate you will lose. ANd others that are just alike. Stop trying to find fault in others that's different from you and supporting foolish views that's putting others down. Next thing I know you're be on here agreeing that slavery was a choice and state of mind by blacks or black africans. Because you do know it was BLACK AMERICANS living here before slavery took place doing fine and living amongst white americans. So us all living together without racial profiling isn't impossible. But with people like Jesse is preaching lies and saying things to make minorities feel bad about being who they are. Which is the reason people are on here calling him out


Why don't you answer the questions in the post you quoted and save the bluster and hyperbole. No reasonable person would argue that slavery was a choice because it wasn't on the part of the folks who were sold into it (by other black folks I might add.)

In the psychology field, someone making excuses for why their lot in life doesn't improve rather than at least trying to do something about it is called dysfunctional. I'm not saying Jesse is right about everything, I don't know all the claims he's made in the past, but it sounds like he, much like Cosby, is saying some shit folks don't want to hear but need to. shrug




History Truth, white people sold free black people in upper North America to southerners and I know other black people was sold by blacks. Also Cosby had points I disagreed with and agreed with.[color] My problem with your opinion is you are making it seem like "Oh I can't make it because I'm black" is used and said by all blacks.[/color] That's not true and then Jesse say slavery wasn't racism, he need to go lookup what race and racism means. Also I was the one that pointed out that their was white slaves. I also said black slaves was represented as a piece of property and considered lower than trash in american history. So please miss me with the bluster and hyperbole. You should've told yourself that before you responded "Come correct" as if you're the spokesperson for all blacks because you stay in the same neighborhood. It's white people also in the ghetto and doing the same thing you, Bill Cosby, and Jesse is saying the black community is doing. I do not agree to anyone abusing the system but minorities had to learn it from somewhere. I don't agree to making excuses for any wrongdoings. It's how mad white america is mad at the NBA and NFL not having more white athletes but turn a naked eye to more diverse people being CEO's or running companies outside of their own businesses.

I'm a black male here in the USA, it's nothing you can say or teach me about being me or a minority. I never once said I didn't get anything because I'm black. The only time I say anything close to that is when I am afraid to walk to my car or walk with my light skin mom or cousins without the cops trying to blow my damn head off. How about I give you a reality check for me and other black males. I got arrested in alabama for walking with my mom to piggly wiggly at 14yrs old and was about to be charged with a kidnap and robbery felony. My mama had to go back to miami, florida get my birth certificate and take a DNA test to prove I was her black son. I was choked and slammed before they put me in the back seat. My mom picked me up with a black eye and broke left arm. 14yrs old now, how would you feel if two white americans did the same to you or your child? They threw cotton in my holding ceil and tried to make me act like I was slave. Miss me with all this slavery isn't racism because without being racism blacks wouldn't be considered as less than trash and considered property. Then you all complain about hip-hop being so bad. Pain and suffering never sounds good no matter what format it's in. People like Jesse is the reason why America can't heal because you all keep trying to pamper yourselves with excuses over facing the harsh reality and truth.

But you know what, life is the best teacher and reality is the best fantasy killer. Soon the oppressers will reap their sowed karma and maybe then they will start to do the right thing. You want to help, then help by spreading positivity and truth. Stop making excuses and agreeing with people degrading others because all it does is stop progress. It's so easy to admit your wrong but it's hard to change it. Everybody deserves to be treated fairly and not bullied into feeling like a mistake. What Jesse is saying is that black people are suffering from mental illness and blaming people for their faults and that's not true. Again I say if that's how we are going to be towards each other then I need to conclude you're a racist with KKK and NAAWP. But guess what, I don't think like that because I believe giving everyone a chance until they mess it up themselves.






Liljojo, (@blue-bolded part) I hear you about that line. I have to laugh when 'some folks' use their lack of acknowledging Blacks as individuals, whenever Blacks discuss race/or expose or share their experiences with racial prejudice, and often times 'some folks' assume or say 'Oh they're (Blacks) playing victim and the race card as an excuse to say they can't progress in this society.'

Whenever I hear or read those types of comments, I tell those folks to 'look around'. Look at all those Black folks out their surviving despite the horrors and terrors their past and most-recent ancestors faced in America with racism, and the present-day, racial inequalities /injustices/prejudice/hate, that still exists towards Blacks and other persons of color today, from many within this society... yet Blacks are 'still here,' in all our various, ethnic groups and cultures.. surviving and progressing.

Let me remind those folks, that the evils of racism, has not succeeded in stealing the survival strength and diligence of the Black community, because despite it 'all'...we're still here.
smile
[Edited 6/20/17 15:45pm]
'Trump voters got Hoodwinked by Trump' popcorn coke
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 06/20/17 4:16pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

2Elijah, Chauncey DeVega just interviewed both Tim Wise and Jane Elliott. Good shit. Wise calls Trump a human walking opiod. lol

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 06/20/17 4:26pm

214

UncleJam said:

guitarslinger44 said:



Sure, Cosby's got skeletons in the closet, but does that mean he's wrong? Does that mean the government statistics that say that kids from single parent homes have a much harder road ahead of them and are much more likely to wind up commiting crimes, dropping out of school, and repeating the cycle are wrong? I get that maybe you don't like the way Jesse phrased it, but again, that doesn't mean he's wrong just because folks don't want to hear it.

You are right that there are examples of failures and successes in both single and two parent homes though, and I am glad to hear that your son and his friends have grown up to be role models. Folks like that are needed in all communities, especially these days.

Have you ever stopped to ask why single parenting has been such an "epidemic" in the black community? Housing authorities pricing certain neighborhoods with certain prices to ensure that only certain people end up living there? Then those low priced neighborhoods where all of the dregs of society dwell just happen to be full of drugs and alcohol and guns? How did those drugs gets there? Did the folks that could barely afford to keep a roof over head bring them in? Or did the govenrment turn a blind eye and allow the shit to happen? All of the vices necessary to distract you from the fact that even though laws have been passed to ensure equal opportunity, you cant find a job, cant feed your family...but OG Mudbone on the corner with his pimp hat and Cadillac sure looks comfortable. Hmmm...maybe it's time to see what he's doing.

-

Now...blaming whitey and the government for all that is wrong in the black community is old and tired. Its the 21st century,age of information, knowledge at your fingertips...fools SHOULD wake up and stop falling into those traps, that lifestyle. That's where I agree that the Civil Rights Movement was wasted...but I also understand that there is a reason that a portion of our black community is still in the dark. Black folks arent just stupid, as Steppinfetchit here tried to say. There have been obstacles placed in the way since day one, and the government should not get a pass for what they have done to contribute to the problem, or for the things they fail to do to correct the problems. But bring this up nowadays and you're "playing the race card". Nah...just reminding you that there is more than enough evidence to show that a large portion of the black community's problems are due to generation after generation of wrongdoing from the folks in charge.

Great, although i might be no entitled to say anything about the subject because i'm not black or african-american nor do i live in US.

[Edited 6/20/17 16:32pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 06/20/17 4:29pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Everybody loves you hispanics. lol

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 06/20/17 4:33pm

214

2freaky4church1 said:

Everybody loves you hispanics. lol

Fuck off. I hate you.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 06/20/17 8:14pm

2elijah

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

2Elijah, Chauncey DeVega just interviewed both Tim Wise and Jane Elliott. Good shit. Wise calls Trump a human walking opiod. lol


Where's the link. I would like to see that. Wise is right about trump, lol.
'Trump voters got Hoodwinked by Trump' popcorn coke
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 2 <12
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Jesse Lee Peterson: Slavery wasn't racism.