independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 13th Dec 2017 1:06am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Ice Cube should shut up.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 2 <12
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 06/15/17 8:37am

laurarichardso
n

jjhunsecker said:

laurarichardson said:

jjhunsecker said: --Well he is a entertainer not a scholar and he was really speaking what a lot of people in S.Central LA were thinking at the time because no one in the mainstream media gave a shit about what was going on at the time. You cannot blame the victims for the foolishness of people who have zero customer service skills and total disrespect for the community. Besides let us not live in La La land nothing is going to happen to Bill he is the right color to get away with his remarks. [Edited 6/15/17 5:10am]

Again, I see your point. I just find fighting anti-Black racism with anti-Asian racism to be a bit counter-productive , in the vast scheme of things. And something like "Cave Bitch" is just indefensible, racist, sexist, and just plain stupid

Words mean nothing. Nobody cares what Bill said and nobody cares about what Ice Cube said. He even said he would never take back anything he said in those songs about the Koreans.

As far as Cave Bitch it is racist and sexist but guess what it was racist when Emitt Till and thousands of other black got killled for so much as looking at a white women and trust me no one got a day of jail time. The women that Emmitt Till supposedly whistle at said a few years ago he did not so much as look at her. Sorry that kind of makes her a bitch ( sexist or not )

If you take the time to read the lyrics of that song it is in a nutshell true plenty of black atheltes and entertainers get mixed up with these women for superficial reasons ( not all ) and disaster strikes their carreers and lives.

Not that some of those dudes don't deserve it for being stupid in the first place. They get played by these women because they think they are superior to black women. Hell Kayne West even came out and side so.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 06/15/17 8:53am

jjhunsecker

avatar

laurarichardson said:

jjhunsecker said:

Again, I see your point. I just find fighting anti-Black racism with anti-Asian racism to be a bit counter-productive , in the vast scheme of things. And something like "Cave Bitch" is just indefensible, racist, sexist, and just plain stupid

Words mean nothing. Nobody cares what Bill said and nobody cares about what Ice Cube said. He even said he would never take back anything he said in those songs about the Koreans.

As far as Cave Bitch it is racist and sexist but guess what it was racist when Emitt Till and thousands of other black got killled for so much as looking at a white women and trust me no one got a day of jail time. The women that Emmitt Till supposedly whistle at said a few years ago he did not so much as look at her. Sorry that kind of makes her a bitch ( sexist or not )

If you take the time to read the lyrics of that song it is in a nutshell true plenty of black atheltes and entertainers get mixed up with these women for superficial reasons ( not all ) and disaster strikes their carreers and lives.

Not that some of those dudes don't deserve it for being stupid in the first place. They get played by these women because they think they are superior to black women. Hell Kayne West even came out and side so.

So it's OK to speak out against the horror that was visited on Emmit Till by attacking ALL white women .... ?? Surely you see the irony in this. Why not just say the guy wrote some stupid shit instead of trying to defend his blanket racism and sexism. One can speak out about specific issues without just aping the oppressor in an attempt to get "even" ...

And I do believe that if a White artist wrote anything of this nature in modern times, you'll be pointing to a burning hole in the ground and asking "isn't that where that record companies' offices were > "

[Edited 6/15/17 8:56am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 06/15/17 10:44am

laurarichardso
n

jjhunsecker said:

laurarichardson said:

Words mean nothing. Nobody cares what Bill said and nobody cares about what Ice Cube said. He even said he would never take back anything he said in those songs about the Koreans.

As far as Cave Bitch it is racist and sexist but guess what it was racist when Emitt Till and thousands of other black got killled for so much as looking at a white women and trust me no one got a day of jail time. The women that Emmitt Till supposedly whistle at said a few years ago he did not so much as look at her. Sorry that kind of makes her a bitch ( sexist or not )

If you take the time to read the lyrics of that song it is in a nutshell true plenty of black atheltes and entertainers get mixed up with these women for superficial reasons ( not all ) and disaster strikes their carreers and lives.

Not that some of those dudes don't deserve it for being stupid in the first place. They get played by these women because they think they are superior to black women. Hell Kayne West even came out and side so.

So it's OK to speak out against the horror that was visited on Emmit Till by attacking ALL white women .... ?? Surely you see the irony in this. Why not just say the guy wrote some stupid shit instead of trying to defend his blanket racism and sexism. One can speak out about specific issues without just aping the oppressor in an attempt to get "even" ...

And I do believe that if a White artist wrote anything of this nature in modern times, you'll be pointing to a burning hole in the ground and asking "isn't that where that record companies' offices were > "

[Edited 6/15/17 8:56am]

Well know one said all. If you are not seeking to destroy black men then cave bitch does not apply to you and plenty of white people have said worst with much less evidenct to back what they are raving about.

I am not going to sit around worrying about people's feeling being hurt as mind have been hurt plenty. You move on and be an adult and realize everybody is not going to like you. Worrying about name calling does not solve real world problems.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 06/15/17 10:59am

jjhunsecker

avatar

laurarichardson said:



jjhunsecker said:




laurarichardson said:



Words mean nothing. Nobody cares what Bill said and nobody cares about what Ice Cube said. He even said he would never take back anything he said in those songs about the Koreans.



As far as Cave Bitch it is racist and sexist but guess what it was racist when Emitt Till and thousands of other black got killled for so much as looking at a white women and trust me no one got a day of jail time. The women that Emmitt Till supposedly whistle at said a few years ago he did not so much as look at her. Sorry that kind of makes her a bitch ( sexist or not )



If you take the time to read the lyrics of that song it is in a nutshell true plenty of black atheltes and entertainers get mixed up with these women for superficial reasons ( not all ) and disaster strikes their carreers and lives.



Not that some of those dudes don't deserve it for being stupid in the first place. They get played by these women because they think they are superior to black women. Hell Kayne West even came out and side so.




So it's OK to speak out against the horror that was visited on Emmit Till by attacking ALL white women .... ?? Surely you see the irony in this. Why not just say the guy wrote some stupid shit instead of trying to defend his blanket racism and sexism. One can speak out about specific issues without just aping the oppressor in an attempt to get "even" ...



And I do believe that if a White artist wrote anything of this nature in modern times, you'll be pointing to a burning hole in the ground and asking "isn't that where that record companies' offices were > "


[Edited 6/15/17 8:56am]



Well know one said all. If you are not seeking to destroy black men then cave bitch does not apply to you and plenty of white people have said worst with much less evidenct to back what they are raving about.



I am not going to sit around worrying about people's feeling being hurt as mind have been hurt plenty. You move on and be an adult and realize everybody is not going to like you. Worrying about name calling does not solve real world problems.



Just because others have said worse things doesn't excuse Cube's own racism and ignorance, And just imagine if in 1992, Jon Bon Jovi or someone wrote a song called "Jungle Bitch" or something like that. He would probably be collecting welfare now, as his music career would be be toast
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 06/15/17 10:59am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

No human should ever defend Cave Bitch:

https://genius.com/Ice-cu...tch-lyrics

About as vile as it gets.

DJ is da man
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 06/15/17 6:36pm

UncleJam

avatar

Something folks need to understand about trax like "Black Korea" and "Cave Bitch" and "Fuck tha Police"...they are directed at a certain type of Korean...a certain type of white girl or cop...folks who have shown their true colors, who have done folks wrong, who we know cannot be trusted for whatever reason. Just like brothas playing "the dozens", clowning each other back in the day...once it gets "real", you cut em. You cut em hard and you cut em deep...the gloves are off and we're gonna let you have it! Again...the overwhelming bigotry makes it hard to hear or understand anything else, but I assure you...Cube is not saying all cops should be killed (listen to what he said about it on Maher's show), he's not out to wipe Koreans and white girls off the planet. It's just hardcore shit-talking, cut you to the bone...say what you say and deal with the consequences later.

[Edited 6/15/17 18:38pm]

Make it so, Number One...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 06/15/17 7:38pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

UncleJam said:

Something folks need to understand about trax like "Black Korea" and "Cave Bitch" and "Fuck tha Police"...they are directed at a certain type of Korean...a certain type of white girl or cop...folks who have shown their true colors, who have done folks wrong, who we know cannot be trusted for whatever reason. Just like brothas playing "the dozens", clowning each other back in the day...once it gets "real", you cut em. You cut em hard and you cut em deep...the gloves are off and we're gonna let you have it! Again...the overwhelming bigotry makes it hard to hear or understand anything else, but I assure you...Cube is not saying all cops should be killed (listen to what he said about it on Maher's show), he's not out to wipe Koreans and white girls off the planet. It's just hardcore shit-talking, cut you to the bone...say what you say and deal with the consequences later.

[Edited 6/15/17 18:38pm]



Possibly but even his fans getting mixed message! Most of what he said at Maher was spot on. He went off script a lot.
You better Watch Out! I'm a WAR MACHINE!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 06/15/17 8:50pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

UncleJam said:

Something folks need to understand about trax like "Black Korea" and "Cave Bitch" and "Fuck tha Police"...they are directed at a certain type of Korean...a certain type of white girl or cop...folks who have shown their true colors, who have done folks wrong, who we know cannot be trusted for whatever reason. Just like brothas playing "the dozens", clowning each other back in the day...once it gets "real", you cut em. You cut em hard and you cut em deep...the gloves are off and we're gonna let you have it! Again...the overwhelming bigotry makes it hard to hear or understand anything else, but I assure you...Cube is not saying all cops should be killed (listen to what he said about it on Maher's show), he's not out to wipe Koreans and white girls off the planet. It's just hardcore shit-talking, cut you to the bone...say what you say and deal with the consequences later.

[Edited 6/15/17 18:38pm]



He doesn't have to deal with the consequences, because too many would bend over backwards to defend and "understand" him, because of his background, instead of holding him to a standard of behavior and discourse.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 06/15/17 8:53pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

UncleJam said:

Something folks need to understand about trax like "Black Korea" and "Cave Bitch" and "Fuck tha Police"...they are directed at a certain type of Korean...a certain type of white girl or cop...folks who have shown their true colors, who have done folks wrong, who we know cannot be trusted for whatever reason. Just like brothas playing "the dozens", clowning each other back in the day...once it gets "real", you cut em. You cut em hard and you cut em deep...the gloves are off and we're gonna let you have it! Again...the overwhelming bigotry makes it hard to hear or understand anything else, but I assure you...Cube is not saying all cops should be killed (listen to what he said about it on Maher's show), he's not out to wipe Koreans and white girls off the planet. It's just hardcore shit-talking, cut you to the bone...say what you say and deal with the consequences later.

[Edited 6/15/17 18:38pm]



Could Axl Rose or Bob Segar or Willie Nelson direct a song at a "certain type of Black " ?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 06/16/17 6:30pm

UncleJam

avatar

If we lived in a world where white people endured centuries of oppression at the hands of black folks...maybe then Seger and the boys could get away with it...maybe. smile But that ain't the world we live in.

-

When brown skinned people are being racist or prejudiced against white folks, those feelings are based on HISTORY...what white Europeans have done (and continue to do) to walk over everyone else. Racism from whites to others was always based on "we're better" or "they're savages", just a holier than thou attitude. Never gave anyone a chance....white is right, and fuck the rest. So-called reverse racism is based on what white folks have shown...their utter disdain for people of color. Neither is right or the way to go, but one is much more understandable than the other.

Make it so, Number One...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 06/16/17 6:38pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

UncleJam said:

If we lived in a world where white people endured centuries of oppression at the hands of black folks...maybe then Seger and the boys could get away with it...maybe. smile But that ain't the world we live in.


-


When brown skinned people are being racist or prejudiced against white folks, those feelings are based on HISTORY...what white Europeans have done (and continue to do) to walk over everyone else. Racism from whites to others was always based on "we're better" or "they're savages", just a holier than thou attitude. Never gave anyone a chance....white is right, and fuck the rest. So-called reverse racism is based on what white folks have shown...their utter disdain for people of color. Neither is right or the way to go, but one is much more understandable than the other.



I totally agree with almost everything you say here. I just think that many were willing to overlook Ice Cube's racism and ignorance (or were afraid to criticize him) because of this history, instead of holding him to a standard of decency and integrity and intelligence
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 06/16/17 6:41pm

UncleJam

avatar

Yup...I dig Cube, but I always preferred Chuck D. Ripped em fromhead to toe, but did it with intelligence! Some would scream RACIST! at him too, but nah...Chuck just told the truth.

Make it so, Number One...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 06/16/17 6:43pm

Horsefeathers

avatar

#notallwhitegirls


:evillol:

I kill me.
Murica: at least it's not Sudan.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 06/16/17 6:57pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

UncleJam said:

Yup...I dig Cube, but I always preferred Chuck D. Ripped em fromhead to toe, but did it with intelligence! Some would scream RACIST! at him too, but nah...Chuck just told the truth.


Never felt Chuck D was racist in any way (though I do question anyone taking the teachings of Louis Farrakhan seriously...)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 06/17/17 3:31pm

liljojo

jjhunsecker said:

And wasn't there a song called "Black Korea" ? Seems like a bastion of racial tolerance and peaceful co-existance rolleyes I'm sorry, but HE should not be lecturing Bill Maher after writing shit like this

Twenty D Energizers."
"Twenty see Energizer?"
"D not see D."
"be Energizer?"
"D motherfucker D! Learn to speak english first alright? D!"
"How many you say?"
"Twenty motherfucker twenty."
"Honey..."
"Mother fuck you!"

Everytime I want to go get a fuckin brew
I gotta go down to the store with the two
oriental one-penny countin motherfuckers
that make a nigga made enough to cause a little ruckus
Thinkin every brother in the world's out to take
So they watch every damn move that I make
They hope I don't pull out a gat and try to rob
they funky little store, but bitch, I got a job
("Look you little Chinese motherfucker
I ain't tryin to steal none of yo' shit, leave me alone!"
"Mother-fuck you!")
Yo yo, check it out
So don't follow me, up and down your market
Or your little chop suey ass'll be a target
of the nationwide boycott
Juice with the people, that's what the boy got
So pay respect to the black fist
or we'll burn your store, right down to a crisp
And then we'll see ya!
Cause you can't turn the ghetto - into Black Korea

"I do fuck you!"

[Edited 6/13/17 7:51am]


I'm not agreeing but I'm giving you the reason of that song. If you go back and look a black girl was killed by a asian store owner. She shot the girl while she was walking out the store in the back of her head. Girl didn't see it coming, and you already know the court system gave her probation only.

A lot of California rap dealing cops, being black, riots, let me also add latino, was all from frustrated from the racist turmoil going on. The asians vs blacks & hispanics was very racially tensioned until white americans started attacking asians, same goes with India and muslim people. They treated blacks and hispanics like we they were better until 9/11.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 06/17/17 3:45pm

liljojo

This thread shouldn't mess with anything rap related in the 90's. People quoting Ice Cube to make him like bad but not fairly pointing out why them lyrics came about.

Do I agree with him saying the nigger word is our word now, no. But do I understand what he was rapping about and why the group was named NWA? Nigga was made to take the power out of the word nigger. The difference have been explained and if it fits you then that's you and if not that's your opinion. But if you are going to quote raps also do research of the incidents that was taking place.

Please don't bring up OJ Simpson, because the black community believed he killed both people. But for a change white america got to get a taste how it feels for a murderer to walk free. Nobody was celebrating for OJ, them people was celebrating white americans looking hurt and disgusted with the justice system they praise.......well until people they feel are murderers get off.

You know what's terrible, stuff like pearl harbor, WWII, 9/11, and other terrorist attacks for everyone to come together.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 06/17/17 5:14pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

liljojo said:

This thread shouldn't mess with anything rap related in the 90's. People quoting Ice Cube to make him like bad but not fairly pointing out why them lyrics came about.

Do I agree with him saying the nigger word is our word now, no. But do I understand what he was rapping about and why the group was named NWA? Nigga was made to take the power out of the word nigger. The difference have been explained and if it fits you then that's you and if not that's your opinion. But if you are going to quote raps also do research of the incidents that was taking place.

Please don't bring up OJ Simpson, because the black community believed he killed both people. But for a change white america got to get a taste how it feels for a murderer to walk free. Nobody was celebrating for OJ, them people was celebrating white americans looking hurt and disgusted with the justice system they praise.....well until people they feel are murderers get off.

You know what's terrible, stuff like pearl harbor, WWII, 9/11, and other terrorist attacks for everyone to come together.



I personally know of all the incidents he's talking about. I just don't think you should necessarily fight racism and stereotypes with more racism and stereotypes. I'm not perfect- I've called people who have insulted me my own share of nasty names. But then again, I didn't put out in public for millions to hear either.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 06/17/17 7:13pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

He's not exactly a good role model on race:

https://genius.com/Ice-cu...rea-lyrics

Not only do those lyrics stink they are racist. If they are Chinese how would they be Korean? Dumb ass.



I heard his dumb ass. Shaking my head as yeah, ....he's the last motherfucker to talk. THE LAST MOTHERFUCKER TO TALK.

He's no one who's opinion on this topic should ever be considered or taken seriously.

Facebook is for losers.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 06/17/17 7:46pm

liljojo

jjhunsecker said:

liljojo said:

This thread shouldn't mess with anything rap related in the 90's. People quoting Ice Cube to make him like bad but not fairly pointing out why them lyrics came about.

Do I agree with him saying the nigger word is our word now, no. But do I understand what he was rapping about and why the group was named NWA? Nigga was made to take the power out of the word nigger. The difference have been explained and if it fits you then that's you and if not that's your opinion. But if you are going to quote raps also do research of the incidents that was taking place.

Please don't bring up OJ Simpson, because the black community believed he killed both people. But for a change white america got to get a taste how it feels for a murderer to walk free. Nobody was celebrating for OJ, them people was celebrating white americans looking hurt and disgusted with the justice system they praise.......well until people they feel are murderers get off.

You know what's terrible, stuff like pearl harbor, WWII, 9/11, and other terrorist attacks for everyone to come together.

I personally know of all the incidents he's talking about. I just don't think you should necessarily fight racism and stereotypes with more racism and stereotypes. I'm not perfect- I've called people who have insulted me my own share of nasty names. But then again, I didn't put out in public for millions to hear either.


First let me say I respect for your point of view. But Ice Cube or others isn't to blame there online. He's a artist selling his opinions and it's up to the consumers to choose whether or not to receive and accept his point of views and opinions or not. Hurt people hurt people and when you've been abused and watching others especially children being killed innocently it will strike a nerve that's not going to be a happy one. While I'm not saying I agree to all his records, I'm also not ruling out what put the anger there. I've been called a black cracker ass cracker nigger before which made me laugh and I took the high road and drove off. But I have said my part when a KKK or NAAWP affiliate become cops and shoot & kill kids from 3yrs old to 16 yrs old and then scream they was scared for their life.

My thing is if rappers such Ice Cube is going to be ridiculed for his lyrics then we need to hold everybody including ourselves to the same jugdement even when it's hard to do so. Again I myself don't agree to all the lyrics said by a lot of rappers and dark heavy metal rock artists also he talk about the enjoyment of rape and killing their victims. Prince even had his dark lyrics that was speaking to the time of that era and events. Plus the record label had their share in that too as I know for a fact they would tell artists "that's not gangster rap, make it darker" kinda like Clive Davis was telling Whitney "that sounds too black, go back and sing it in a more pop style".

Also if you had the platform Ice Cube and other artists have or had and watched countless of innocent people including friends and love ones being killed and treated like lower than trash and have fans sending mail of their kids getting raped and gunned down by bad cops while the so called good cops turn a blind eye to that, and receiving your own personal share of the racism in America how many uplifting speeches or songs will you write without anger and frustrations boiling over?

Being non-violent and trying to talk got MLK and several others a bullet to the head, so we know that don't work.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 06/18/17 10:31am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

I prefer Ice-T. The new Body Count album is wow. Christgau gave it an A minus.

DJ is da man
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 06/18/17 10:48am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

DJ is da man
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 06/18/17 11:18am

djThunderfunk

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

I prefer Ice-T. The new Body Count album is wow. Christgau gave it an A minus.


Love both but have always preferred Ice-T. Agreed that the new BC is great, his best in a long time.


We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 06/18/17 11:27am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Taint pc.

DJ is da man
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 06/18/17 12:00pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

Taint pc.


When was he ever?

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 06/18/17 12:22pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

This just in: Nugent going on Maher. God kill me.

DJ is da man
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 2 <12
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Ice Cube should shut up.