independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 19th Aug 2017 4:17am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Tritter Addiction
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/31/17 5:48am

QueenofCardboa
rd

avatar

Tritter Addiction


Sad sad

Tribune Washington Bureau

By Tim Johnson and Greg Gordon 12 hrs ago

Trump gets big boost in Twitter followers: Sad that nearly half aren’t real

© NICHOLAS KAMM/AFP/Getty Images US President Donald Trump waves with Defense Secretary Jim Mattis (C) and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Joseph Dunford (L) at Arlington National Cemetery to mark Memorial Day in…

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump’s personal Twitter account is drawing hordes of new followers — by one count, 3 million in less than a week.

Problem is, many of the followers appear to be fake.

Rather than humans, they are robotic networks — known as bots — designed to look like human followers but actually just computerized accounts.

A website that analyzes Twitter accounts, twitteraudit.com, says that of Trump’s 30.9 million followers to his personal account, @realdonaldtrump, 51 percent are real and 49 percent are fake.

Twitter Audit checks several criteria to determine whether followers are fake, including how often they tweet and the account’s ratio of followers to those who follow it. Bots post lots of tweets in bursts and usually have few followers.

Why Trump’s Twitter account would suddenly surge with fake followers is anything but clear. Trump has little control over who follows his tweets. Either allies or enemies could be looking to swell followers of his Twitter account, and retweet anything he posts.

Trump also has an official Twitter account, @POTUS, which stands for president of the United States. On that account, he has 18.1 million followers.

While an avid user of Twitter, Trump has never reached the number of followers that former President Barack Obama has. Obama’s @barackobama account has 89.2 million followers. Twitteraudit says that the last time his account was audited, four months and one week ago, or shortly after Trump took office, 79 percent of Obama’s followers were human and 21 percent appeared to be bots.

The White House didn’t immediately respond to a query about the surge in followers to Trump’s Twitter account.

Automated Twitter bots are turning into a campaign tool to sway elections, swamping social media with fake news or messages and retweeting anything a candidate posts to suggest a landslide following. Usually, the bot accounts show no image of a person, just a shadowy outline of a human.

During the 2016 presidential race, U.S. authorities say, Russia used robotic-like computer commands to dramatically widen the reach of news stories — some fictional — that favored Trump’s presidential bid and were detrimental to that of his Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton.

These strategically timed cyber offensives would send computerized armies to circulate the internet, snatching selected news items and spreading them widely via Twitter and Facebook accounts. In some cases, an Oxford University study of Michigan voters found, recipients received more messages carrying “junk” social media tweets than they did legitimate news.

Twitter users had a field day Tuesday with news of Trump’s surge. Some posted images of the new followers, showing how they appeared to be fake. Others suggested that Trump’s account was suddenly gaining as many as 100 followers a minute.

Trump is renowned for his Twitter blasts, sometimes tweeting multiple times an hour, aiming his attacks at “fake media” and Democratic opponents.

On Memorial Day, the president suggested in a tweet that Americans would be better off reading his tweets than getting their news from the media.

“The Fake News Media works hard at disparaging & demeaning my use of social media because they don’t want America to hear the real story!” Trump tweeted. That message was retweeted — passed to other Twitter users — nearly 28,000 times.

———

(Kevin G. Hall contributed to this article.)

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Donald Trump
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/31/17 5:52am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

eek

"When you have people who don't know about science standing in denial of it and rising to power - that is a recipe for the complete dismantling of our informed democracy" - Neil de Grasse Tyson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/31/17 6:07am

purplepoppy

That last sentence should read - because I want America to hear my (version of the) story with robotic enhancements.

Tritter is correct?

Brand new boogie without the hero.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/31/17 7:02am

jjhunsecker

avatar

Because all news should be approved and disseminated by an omnipotent leader ....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/31/17 9:13am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

What about org addiction?

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/31/17 11:08am

Pokeno4Money

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

What about org addiction?


When you're ready for the intervention, we're here for you. hug

"As a team, we have chosen to stand and interlock arms in unity. We honor those who have fought for the freedom we cherish. And we stand to ensure the riches and freedom and the security of justice for all people." --- Doug Baldwin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/31/17 11:25am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

Covfefe my dear friends. Covfefe!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/31/17 11:38am

jjhunsecker

avatar

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

Covfefe my dear friends. Covfefe!

Aren't you happy that you have a President who is multi-lingual ?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/31/17 3:00pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

jjhunsecker said:



Ugot2shakesumthin said:


Covfefe my dear friends. Covfefe!




Aren't you happy that you have a President who is multi-lingual ?




I wish. This motherfucker can't even master one!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/31/17 3:02pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

jjhunsecker said:



Ugot2shakesumthin said:


Covfefe my dear friends. Covfefe!




Aren't you happy that you have a President who is multi-lingual ?




I wish. This motherfucker can't even master one!

Ha ! I know that this wasn't English, so I assumed he was spicing up his Twitter posts with foreign phrases
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/31/17 3:33pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

Ugot2shakesumthin said:




I wish. This motherfucker can't even master one!

Ha ! I know that this wasn't English, so I assumed he was spicing up his Twitter posts with foreign phrases


He's making up his own words now. Alzheimer's??
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/31/17 3:39pm

Silvertongue7

jjhunsecker said:



Ugot2shakesumthin said:


Covfefe my dear friends. Covfefe!




Aren't you happy that you have a President who is multi-lingual ?


He fell asleep while writing it.
The one thing he was good at (attacking the free press on Twitter) and he can't even do that anymore...
Someone's in my body, someone's in my body...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 06/01/17 9:32am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

Because all news should be approved and disseminated by an omnipotent leader ....

lol

"When you have people who don't know about science standing in denial of it and rising to power - that is a recipe for the complete dismantling of our informed democracy" - Neil de Grasse Tyson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 06/04/17 12:37pm

QueenofCardboa
rd

avatar


I wonder if any of us are orgbots.

hmmm

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Donald Trump
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 06/04/17 3:14pm

Pokeno4Money

avatar

QueenofCardboard said:


I wonder if any of us are orgbots.

hmmm


Well considering the radical liberals here take the same damn predictable stance on every subject, and repeat the same tired cliches, I'd say that's entirely possible!

"As a team, we have chosen to stand and interlock arms in unity. We honor those who have fought for the freedom we cherish. And we stand to ensure the riches and freedom and the security of justice for all people." --- Doug Baldwin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 06/04/17 4:36pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

Pokeno4Money said:



QueenofCardboard said:



I wonder if any of us are orgbots.

hmmm




Well considering the radical liberals here take the same damn predictable stance on every subject, and repeat the same tired cliches, I'd say that's entirely possible!




Radical liberals? Hmmmm... radically more peaceful and intelligent?

Sounds way better than the radical right. Radically dangerous and stupid.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 06/04/17 5:04pm

13cjk13

avatar

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

Pokeno4Money said:


Well considering the radical liberals here take the same damn predictable stance on every subject, and repeat the same tired cliches, I'd say that's entirely possible!

Radical liberals? Hmmmm... radically more peaceful and intelligent? Sounds way better than the radical right. Radically dangerous and stupid.

Right? Meanwhile he's spewing the ill-informed, predictable alt-right stance on every subject, repeating the same right wing cliches, just like a few others here, so maybe there are some bots on the org.

Matthew 5:38-39
“You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 06/04/17 5:57pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

13cjk13 said:

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

Pokeno4Money said: Radical liberals? Hmmmm... radically more peaceful and intelligent? Sounds way better than the radical right. Radically dangerous and stupid.

Right? Meanwhile he's spewing the ill-informed, predictable alt-right stance on every subject, repeating the same right wing cliches, just like a few others here, so maybe there are some bots on the org.



...and weren't right-wingpro-Trump crazies demonstrating in Portland to show ....um..."support" for the other right wing crazie who stabbed people???

Yeah..i"ll take a peaceful made-up radical lefty to a real life right wing crazy any day.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 06/04/17 6:03pm

Pokeno4Money

avatar

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

Pokeno4Money said:


Well considering the radical liberals here take the same damn predictable stance on every subject, and repeat the same tired cliches, I'd say that's entirely possible!

Radical liberals? Hmmmm... radically more peaceful and intelligent? Sounds way better than the radical right. Radically dangerous and stupid.


Peaceful? You don't think we all saw here the call for assassination a couple days ago by you lovely radical liberals? Screenshots, baby ... including your posts ... no no no!

"As a team, we have chosen to stand and interlock arms in unity. We honor those who have fought for the freedom we cherish. And we stand to ensure the riches and freedom and the security of justice for all people." --- Doug Baldwin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 06/04/17 6:34pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

Pokeno4Money said:

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

Pokeno4Money said: Radical liberals? Hmmmm... radically more peaceful and intelligent? Sounds way better than the radical right. Radically dangerous and stupid.


Peaceful? You don't think we all saw here the call for assassination a couple days ago by you lovely radical liberals? Screenshots, baby ... including your posts ... no no no!



So what is your native language anyway? No one called for the assassination of Trump if that's what you mean.
Reading comprehension and medication is your friend.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 06/04/17 6:46pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

^

nevermind, I figured out your native tongue. And you speak obfuscation fluently i might add!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 06/04/17 10:20pm

QueenofCardboa
rd

avatar

One time I made a long post about Trump during his election campaign and the org member who responded to my post simply re-posted what I had written verbatim except that he substituted the name Hillary for Trump.


I thought that was suspicious because it was such an immature way to respond and there were real indications that he didn't actually read it, or he would have changed the part where I praised Al Gore.

That was the first time I suspected that that org member was a troll-bot.

hmmm


[Edited 6/4/17 22:21pm]

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Donald Trump
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 06/05/17 6:08am

Pokeno4Money

avatar

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

No one called for the assassination of Trump if that's what you mean.


This is one of the reasons why you have zero credibility, blatant lies. You know they did, you know several of us saw it and commented on it, and you know it was removed by the mods. If you can't express a thought without blatantly lying, it's best you go elsewhere. Flaming is not allowed here, and that's what it is when people like you spread blatant lies to disrupt these boards.

"As a team, we have chosen to stand and interlock arms in unity. We honor those who have fought for the freedom we cherish. And we stand to ensure the riches and freedom and the security of justice for all people." --- Doug Baldwin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 06/05/17 11:10am

maplenpg

Pokeno4Money said:

Ugot2shakesumthin said:


This is one of the reasons why you have zero credibility, blatant lies. You know they did, you know several of us saw it and commented on it, and you know it was removed by the mods. If you can't express a thought without blatantly lying, it's best you go elsewhere. Flaming is not allowed here, and that's what it is when people like you spread blatant lies to disrupt these boards.

"I'd point out what you just called yourself for ignorantly claiming you can read" Ugot2shakesumthin's "mind ... but instead I'll let you figure that one out on your own. wink"

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 06/05/17 11:14am

Pokeno4Money

avatar

maplenpg said:

Pokeno4Money said:


This is one of the reasons why you have zero credibility, blatant lies. You know they did, you know several of us saw it and commented on it, and you know it was removed by the mods. If you can't express a thought without blatantly lying, it's best you go elsewhere. Flaming is not allowed here, and that's what it is when people like you spread blatant lies to disrupt these boards.

"I'd point out what you just called yourself for ignorantly claiming you can read" Ugot2shakesumthin's "mind ... but instead I'll let you figure that one out on your own. wink"


Mika responded to BombSquad's call to assassinate Trump, it has nothing to do with reading their mind. Learn the difference between assuming and knowing.

And get back on topic.

"As a team, we have chosen to stand and interlock arms in unity. We honor those who have fought for the freedom we cherish. And we stand to ensure the riches and freedom and the security of justice for all people." --- Doug Baldwin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 06/05/17 5:17pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

Pokeno4Money said:



Ugot2shakesumthin said:




No one called for the assassination of Trump if that's what you mean.





This is one of the reasons why you have zero credibility, blatant lies. You know they did, you know several of us saw it and commented on it, and you know it was removed by the mods. If you can't express a thought without blatantly lying, it's best you go elsewhere. Flaming is not allowed here, and that's what it is when people like you spread blatant lies to disrupt these boards.



You're all lost and flustered now. It's ok
. Take a time out and gather your thoughts.
Chill baby. I have nothing but love for you. I'm just trying to help you and all right wingers see the light is all. If they are open minded. I don't try and obfuscate facts like you. But I do try I figure out where you're coming from and if you're really serious.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 06/05/17 5:35pm

Pokeno4Money

avatar

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

Pokeno4Money said:


This is one of the reasons why you have zero credibility, blatant lies. You know they did, you know several of us saw it and commented on it, and you know it was removed by the mods. If you can't express a thought without blatantly lying, it's best you go elsewhere. Flaming is not allowed here, and that's what it is when people like you spread blatant lies to disrupt these boards.

You're all lost and flustered now. It's ok . Take a time out and gather your thoughts. Chill baby. I have nothing but love for you. I'm just trying to help you and all right wingers see the light is all. If they are open minded. I don't try and obfuscate facts like you. But I do try I figure out where you're coming from and if you're really serious.


Nah, I'm the Brown Hornet ... all about truth, justice and all that poo. Keep it real and it's all good.

"As a team, we have chosen to stand and interlock arms in unity. We honor those who have fought for the freedom we cherish. And we stand to ensure the riches and freedom and the security of justice for all people." --- Doug Baldwin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 06/05/17 10:13pm

maplenpg

Pokeno4Money said:



Ugot2shakesumthin said:


Pokeno4Money said:



This is one of the reasons why you have zero credibility, blatant lies. You know they did, you know several of us saw it and commented on it, and you know it was removed by the mods. If you can't express a thought without blatantly lying, it's best you go elsewhere. Flaming is not allowed here, and that's what it is when people like you spread blatant lies to disrupt these boards.



You're all lost and flustered now. It's ok . Take a time out and gather your thoughts. Chill baby. I have nothing but love for you. I'm just trying to help you and all right wingers see the light is all. If they are open minded. I don't try and obfuscate facts like you. But I do try I figure out where you're coming from and if you're really serious.


Nah, I'm the Brown Hornet ... all about truth, justice and all that poo. Keep it real and it's all good.


So if you're all about truth and justice then you'll acknowledge the foul tweets sent by your foul president about the London mayor were taken completely out of context?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 06/05/17 10:22pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

maplenpg said:

Pokeno4Money said:



Ugot2shakesumthin said:


Pokeno4Money said:



This is one of the reasons why you have zero credibility, blatant lies. You know they did, you know several of us saw it and commented on it, and you know it was removed by the mods. If you can't express a thought without blatantly lying, it's best you go elsewhere. Flaming is not allowed here, and that's what it is when people like you spread blatant lies to disrupt these boards.



You're all lost and flustered now. It's ok . Take a time out and gather your thoughts. Chill baby. I have nothing but love for you. I'm just trying to help you and all right wingers see the light is all. If they are open minded. I don't try and obfuscate facts like you. But I do try I figure out where you're coming from and if you're really serious.


Nah, I'm the Brown Hornet ... all about truth, justice and all that poo. Keep it real and it's all good.


So if you're all about truth and justice then you'll acknowledge the foul tweets sent by your foul president about the London mayor were taken completely out of context?


I don't think anyone here takes Pokeno4money or Onlindausa seriously. I doubt they believe half the cara y shit they post. God for their well being I hope not. They "try" to obfuscate facts. But no one will mistake their partisan shit spread for peanut butter.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 06/06/17 4:13am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

maplenpg said:

Pokeno4Money said:


Nah, I'm the Brown Hornet ... all about truth, justice and all that poo. Keep it real and it's all good.

So if you're all about truth and justice then you'll acknowledge the foul tweets sent by your foul president about the London mayor were taken completely out of context?


disbelief I watched the Mayor LIVE on TV when he made his statements. I completely understood what he was saying - how potus jumped to his lame conclusion is ridiculous. He is literally out of control. neutral

"When you have people who don't know about science standing in denial of it and rising to power - that is a recipe for the complete dismantling of our informed democracy" - Neil de Grasse Tyson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Tritter Addiction