independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 29th Mar 2017 2:13am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Jimmy Dore unmasks the hateful Barack Obama--yea, Obama.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 03/14/17 5:35pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Jimmy Dore unmasks the hateful Barack Obama--yea, Obama.

Can you defend this 2Elijah?

Yea, you poor assholes, turn off the cable tv and buy shitty Obamacare. Thanks Barry.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 03/14/17 7:32pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

ha! I mentioned the cell phone thing in the iPhone topic!

Life is just a party and parties weren't meant to last~ 21,138 days
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 03/15/17 4:47am

2elijah

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

Can you defend this 2Elijah?





Yea, you poor assholes, turn off the cable tv and buy shitty Obamacare. Thanks Barry.


Stop using my name to post your bs.
'America got Hoodwinked by Trump' popcorn coke
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 03/15/17 5:42am

RodeoSchro

avatar

First of all, who is this pipsqueak? He's the left-wing Mark Levin when it comes to vocal talent. The world is now being run by guys who sound like they could go hang gliding on a Dorito?!?

Secondly, the message was very similar. But President Obama wasn't talking down to those people in the way Jason Chaffetz was.

Big difference.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

Cowardice always hides behind insinuation
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 03/15/17 7:03am

purplepoppy

I wish Obama would have fought for single payer. We pay twice as much for half as good healthcare than the rest of the industrialized nations in the world. Mostly because of insurance companies profit margins.

-

The second half of the video is pretty interesting. He makes a good case for the Wall St bailout debacle and all the trillions of dollars we wasted propping up the banks. One month's worth could have sent everyone in America to college...

-

Why did you call out Elijah in your OP freaky? That was just mean. We all know no politician is perfect.

Peace is more than the absence of war.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 03/15/17 8:49am

RodeoSchro

avatar

purplepoppy said:

I wish Obama would have fought for single payer. We pay twice as much for half as good healthcare than the rest of the industrialized nations in the world. Mostly because of insurance companies profit margins.

-

The second half of the video is pretty interesting. He makes a good case for the Wall St bailout debacle and all the trillions of dollars we wasted propping up the banks. One month's worth could have sent everyone in America to college...

-

Why did you call out Elijah in your OP freaky? That was just mean. We all know no politician is perfect.



2freaky didn't "call out" 2elijah. He simply asked her for her opinion, which she refused to give.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

Cowardice always hides behind insinuation
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 03/15/17 8:54am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

I like 2Elijah. but she is very biased as is Only.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 03/15/17 8:55am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Rodeo, Jimmy is the shit.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 03/15/17 9:00am

RodeoSchro

avatar

I didn't care for him but to be honest, I could only take about four minutes of his stuff. I don't like people that curse. As soon as he dropped an F bomb or S bomb or whatever it was, I was outta there.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

Cowardice always hides behind insinuation
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 03/15/17 9:01am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Cursing is fun.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 03/15/17 9:02am

RodeoSchro

avatar

But cursing pretty much ensures the curser will lose every argument.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

Cowardice always hides behind insinuation
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 03/15/17 9:12am

2elijah

avatar

purplepoppy said:

I wish Obama would have fought for single payer. We pay twice as much for half as good healthcare than the rest of the industrialized nations in the world. Mostly because of insurance companies profit margins.


-


The second half of the video is pretty interesting. He makes a good case for the Wall St bailout debacle and all the trillions of dollars we wasted propping up the banks. One month's worth could have sent everyone in America to college...


-


Why did you call out Elijah in your OP freaky? That was just mean. We all know no politician is perfect.


Lol.. 2freak knows I'm not being that serious about it. He's cool but a pain in the neck at times.
'America got Hoodwinked by Trump' popcorn coke
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 03/15/17 9:14am

2elijah

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

I like 2Elijah. but she is very biased as is Only.


You're cool too, but I'm bias because I don't agree with you on everything about Obama? Lol. Come on 2freak, you're being ridiculous.
[Edited 3/15/17 9:15am]
'America got Hoodwinked by Trump' popcorn coke
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 03/15/17 9:57am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Critique Obama's comment 2Elijah. You can do it.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 03/15/17 10:11am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

Let's meet in the middle and offer rotary phones and only 20 channels.

Ezekiel 25:17 "Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 03/15/17 10:19am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Let's eat paste.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 03/15/17 10:50am

RodeoSchro

avatar

Let's go crazy.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

Cowardice always hides behind insinuation
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 03/15/17 1:45pm

2elijah

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

Critique Obama's comment 2Elijah. You can do it.


What's to critique? He offered budgeting advice, maybe not as harsh as the other guy about the cell phone, but it was budgeting advice. There. Now you could relax. comfort

I lowered my cable bill long before I purchased my iPhone. I realized that the cable bill was increasing each year, with bs charges so had to make some reductions. I have had an iPhone plus for a year now, that's fully paid for. No guilt, and I don't go out to purchase new versions of any phone, just because a new one comes out. My phone is still in good condition. I have health coverage and yes my co-payments increased, just as it has for others, and paid my deductible off this year.

I will be making more changes to decrease a few, smaller expenses. Nothing wrong with budgeting. Even before Obamacare many people couldn't afford insurance, not to mention food and other basic needs, as like now.
'America got Hoodwinked by Trump' popcorn coke
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 03/18/17 1:40am

midnightmover

Obama's comment is the same as the other guy. Anyone who pretends there's a difference is being dishonest. Both of them are attacking the poor and defending exploitation.

What's disgusting about these corporate Dems is they turn their supporters into right wingers. We've just heard 2elijah repeating Obama's right wing talking point yet she thinks she's on the left.

Obama is a conman; a corporate shill with theatrical talents that he uses to dupe his unsuspecting supporters.


Jimmy Dore is right. This is why we have Trump. Democrats don't stand for anything.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 03/18/17 4:34am

2elijah

avatar

midnightmover said:

Obama's comment is the same as the other guy. Anyone who pretends there's a difference is being dishonest. Both of them are attacking the poor and defending exploitation.

What's disgusting about these corporate Dems is they turn their supporters into right wingers. We've just heard 2elijah repeating Obama's right wing talking point yet she thinks she's on the left.

Obama is a conman; a corporate shill with theatrical talents that he uses to dupe his unsuspecting supporters.



Jimmy Dore is right. This is why we have Trump. Democrats don't stand for anything.


I'm a democrat, get used to it, and no need to use my username, as your pawn and punching bag, to promote your bs, and hatred for Obama. The length some of you will go to use someone's name to promote your bs is ridiculous. Grow up.

Budgeting has nothing to do with being a left winger or right winger, budgeting is using 'common sense', whether you're a democrat or republican. I refuse to blame anyone for my decision to budget. I don't try to live the life of the 'Joneses', if Im not on the economic level of the Joneses.

My healthcare will come first, before taking the money to buy a new flat screen TV that I can't afford. If my economic situation changes, like if I'm unemployed or retiring, then of course, there will be changes to my lifestyle.

In reality, most poor know about budgeting. They know what they can't afford. Fact is for me, my healthcare will come first. It is not uncommon knowledge that
healthcare can be expensive. I've been working in the healthcare field for years, so I know it can be very expensive for many, and neither the left or right has come up with a decent plan, that would satisfy everyone. Everyone lives in a different, economic scale. Not everyone can obtain a higher education or afford to upgrade their technical skills/trade, when they lose their jobs, to help them improve their economic situation.

If you only have $200 dollars in your pocket and you have to buy food, pay an electric bill, would you use the money to buy a flat screen tv or pay the bills, and find another way to obtain the funds or save up to get the TV you want, without jeopardizing having no food, and your electric turned off? . I am a democrat and proud of it. You don't have to be part of any political part to have common sense.

If you think trump and his administration will make healthcare better, then you must be smoking too much weed. Put it down.
[Edited 3/18/17 4:38am]
'America got Hoodwinked by Trump' popcorn coke
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 03/18/17 5:13am

midnightmover

2elijah said:

midnightmover said:

Obama's comment is the same as the other guy. Anyone who pretends there's a difference is being dishonest. Both of them are attacking the poor and defending exploitation.

What's disgusting about these corporate Dems is they turn their supporters into right wingers. We've just heard 2elijah repeating Obama's right wing talking point yet she thinks she's on the left.

Obama is a conman; a corporate shill with theatrical talents that he uses to dupe his unsuspecting supporters.


Jimmy Dore is right. This is why we have Trump. Democrats don't stand for anything.

I'm a democrat, get used to it, and no need to use my username, as your pawn and punching bag, to promote your bs, and hatred for Obama. The length some of you will go to use someone's name to promote your bs is ridiculous. Grow up. Budgeting has nothing to do with being a left winger or right winger, budgeting is using 'common sense', whether you're a democrat or republican. I refuse to blame anyone for my decision to budget. I don't try to live the life of the 'Joneses', if Im not on the economic level of the Joneses. My healthcare will come first, before taking the money to buy a new flat screen TV that I can't afford. If my economic situation changes, like if I'm unemployed or retiring, then of course, there will be changes to my lifestyle. In reality, most poor know about budgeting. They know what they can't afford. Fact is for me, my healthcare will come first. It is not uncommon knowledge that healthcare can be expensive. I've been working in the healthcare field for years, so I know it can be very expensive for many, and neither the left or right has come up with a decent plan, that would satisfy everyone. Everyone lives in a different, economic scale. Not everyone can obtain a higher education or afford to upgrade their technical skills/trade, when they lose their jobs, to help them improve their economic situation. If you only have $200 dollars in your pocket and you have to buy food, pay an electric bill, would you use the money to buy a flat screen tv or pay the bills, and find another way to obtain the funds or save up to get the TV you want, without jeopardizing having no food, and your electric turned off? . I am a democrat and proud of it. You don't have to be part of any political part to have common sense. If you think trump and his administration will make healthcare better, then you must be smoking too much weed. Put it down. [Edited 3/18/17 4:38am]

As you said yourself "most poor people know about budgeting", so all this talk about poor people learning to budget better so they can afford healthcare is bullshit. The paragraph in bold is a classic example of Obama/Hillary supporters effectively being right wingers whether they know it or not. It is right wingers who defend exploitation who like to blame the poor for their own difficulties. You are doing that here and you can't even see it.

Simply because this propaganda is coming out of the mouth of your beloved Obama you will mindlessly repeat it yet there's a whole thread on a Republican making the exact same argument where you are all criticizing him. This just shows you DNC loyalists have no principles. You simply repeat whatever mantra the DNC puts out there.

This is the reason why your party is failing. You stand for nothing. The DNC's approval ratings are in the toilet right now. Hillary's favorability ratings have fallen in the last few months despite Trump's incompetent leadership. As Bernie said this week the DNC's approach has proven to be a "complete failure". But you can't teach an old dog new tricks so I don't expect you to grow an independent mind, but I tell you, the younger generation is not swallowing the bullshit your leaders are selling.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 03/18/17 5:30am

Pokeno4Money

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

I like 2Elijah. but she is very biased


Biased people have zero cred, because their opinions are predetermined based on what "side" they've chosen.

Why can't people just go with what is right? That's what I do. I agree and disagree with the same people, and I compliment and criticize the same politicians and celebrities. Who else here, other than me, has defended BOTH Trump and Obama? There's flashes of good and of bad in everyone, ain't nobody perfect and ain't nobody always wrong.

As for what Obama said in the video ... he's right!!! Part of the reason why some people are poor is because they don't have the intelligence to make good decisions, and how to allocate their money properly is DEFINITELY a common area of weakness. Many tend to spend their money on what they WANT instead of what they NEED. Like homeless guys who use money for booze and cigs instead of food and shelter. And this indulgence issue of which Obama speaks is not exclusive to the poor. I worked with a guy who would sometimes say he couldn't go out to lunch with the group because he couldn't afford it. So his boss would pay for his lunch. And then I'd see the exact same coworker getting drunk after work at a bar, paying $30 tabs and tipping waitresses 40-50%.

Another coworker kept crying poverty as the reason they were driving their beat up car around with bald tires and always asking others for money, yet she managed to spend $20+ daily on scratch tickets.

In both cases, the two coworkers solicited sympathy by giving the impression they were hurting for money ... when in reality, they were pissing away money on non-necessities.

Obama is 100% right, nobody NEEDS to have cable packages that cost $60-$200 a month. Nobody NEEDS to have unlimited data on their phones. Nobody NEEDS to upgrade to the latest iPhone every year or two. It's just that same damn sense of entitlement that drives many people to splurge on non-necessities, and then cry that they can't afford necessities like insurance and car repairs and food and whatnot.

The two most common lies in the history of mankind:

1) "I don't have the money"
2) "I don't have the time"


"As a team, we have chosen to stand and interlock arms in unity. We honor those who have fought for the freedom we cherish. And we stand to ensure the riches and freedom and the security of justice for all people." --- Doug Baldwin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 03/18/17 5:41am

midnightmover

Pokeno4Money said:

2freaky4church1 said:

I like 2Elijah. but she is very biased


Biased people have zero cred, because their opinions are predetermined based on what "side" they've chosen.

Why can't people just go with what is right? That's what I do. I agree and disagree with the same people, and I compliment and criticize the same politicians and celebrities. Who else here, other than me, has defended BOTH Trump and Obama? There's flashes of good and of bad in everyone, ain't nobody perfect and ain't nobody always wrong.

As for what Obama said in the video ... he's right!!! Part of the reason why some people are poor is because they don't have the intelligence to make good decisions, and how to allocate their money properly is DEFINITELY a common area of weakness. Many tend to spend their money on what they WANT instead of what they NEED. Like homeless guys who use money for booze and cigs instead of food and shelter. And this indulgence issue of which Obama speaks is not exclusive to the poor. I worked with a guy who would sometimes say he couldn't go out to lunch with the group because he couldn't afford it. So his boss would pay for his lunch. And then I'd see the exact same coworker getting drunk after work at a bar, paying $30 tabs and tipping waitresses 40-50%.

Another coworker kept crying poverty as the reason they were driving their beat up car around with bald tires and always asking others for money, yet she managed to spend $20+ daily on scratch tickets.

In both cases, the two coworkers solicited sympathy by giving the impression they were hurting for money ... when in reality, they were pissing away money on non-necessities.

Obama is 100% right, nobody NEEDS to have cable packages that cost $60-$200 a month. Nobody NEEDS to have unlimited data on their phones. Nobody NEEDS to upgrade to the latest iPhone every year or two. It's just that same damn sense of entitlement that drives many people to splurge on non-necessities, and then cry that they can't afford necessities like insurance and car repairs and food and whatnot.

The two most common lies in the history of mankind:

1) "I don't have the money"
2) "I don't have the time"


The mere fact that you - the ultimate right winger - agree with Obama 100% on this should be enough to make DNC loyalists see that they are on the wrong side of this. It's like I said earlier, corporate Democrats turn their supporters into right-wingers.

They defend fracking, war and Wall Street and they'll even blame the poor for not being able to afford exorbitant healthcare costs.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 03/18/17 5:51am

Pokeno4Money

avatar

midnightmover said:

The mere fact that you - the ultimate right winger - agree with Obama 100% on this should be enough to make DNC loyalists see that they are on the wrong side of this. It's like I said earlier, corporate Democrats turn their supporters into right-wingers.

They defend fracking, war and Wall Street and they'll even blame the poor for not being able to afford exorbitant healthcare costs.


Unintelligent people spending their money frivolously is not a Republican/Democrat thing, it's a common sense thing that applies to everyone.

Intelligent people don't spend more money on non-necessities than what they can afford.
Intelligent people make sacrifices to set aside money for emergencies and necessities.

I've praised Obama many times on many different things, but have been very vocal about my opposition to Obamacare. And yet you call me a right winger for supporting Obama's iPhone defense of Obamacare? confuse

"As a team, we have chosen to stand and interlock arms in unity. We honor those who have fought for the freedom we cherish. And we stand to ensure the riches and freedom and the security of justice for all people." --- Doug Baldwin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 03/18/17 6:08am

midnightmover

Pokeno4Money said:

midnightmover said:


Unintelligent people spending their money frivolously is not a Republican/Democrat thing, it's a common sense thing that applies to everyone.

Intelligent people don't spend more money on non-necessities than what they can afford.
Intelligent people make sacrifices to set aside money for emergencies and necessities.

I've praised Obama many times on many different things, but have been very vocal about my opposition to Obamacare. And yet you call me a right winger for supporting Obama's iPhone defense of Obamacare? confuse

No one is saying reckless personal spending is a Republican/Democrat thing. What we're saying is the portrayal of poor people as architects of their own misfortune is a right wing thing. It's a way of deflecting attention away from systemic problems by shaming the poor for their supposed moral failings. Obama is using that right wing trope here. That's why you agree with him.

If you understood politics you would've noticed how the Democrats and the Republicans are both right wing parties. Obama's right wing rhetoric here is just another example of that.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 03/18/17 6:58am

Pokeno4Money

avatar

midnightmover said:

Pokeno4Money said:


Unintelligent people spending their money frivolously is not a Republican/Democrat thing, it's a common sense thing that applies to everyone.

Intelligent people don't spend more money on non-necessities than what they can afford.
Intelligent people make sacrifices to set aside money for emergencies and necessities.

I've praised Obama many times on many different things, but have been very vocal about my opposition to Obamacare. And yet you call me a right winger for supporting Obama's iPhone defense of Obamacare? confuse

No one is saying reckless personal spending is a Republican/Democrat thing. What we're saying is the portrayal of poor people as architects of their own misfortune is a right wing thing. It's a way of deflecting attention away from systemic problems by shaming the poor for their supposed moral failings. Obama is using that right wing trope here. That's why you agree with him.

If you understood politics you would've noticed how the Democrats and the Republicans are both right wing parties. Obama's right wing rhetoric here is just another example of that.


Obviously nobody is saying all poor people are poor because of their own actions. What intelligent people such as Obama are saying is that many poor people are poor because of decisions they have willingly made. If you decide to drop out of school, or if you have five kids before the age of 22, or if you can't get/hold a job because you don't get along with people or have a criminal record, or if you simply choose to not earn a living, then yeah you likely brought your situation on yourself. I'm not surprised that you are so against accountability, since you yourself don't practice it.

As far as your definition of "rightwing", calling the Democratic party "rightwing" seems quite odd considering Democrats are typically considered "liberal" and Republicans are typically considered "conservative". But you like to be argumentative, so knock yourself out with your own personal definitions. wink

"As a team, we have chosen to stand and interlock arms in unity. We honor those who have fought for the freedom we cherish. And we stand to ensure the riches and freedom and the security of justice for all people." --- Doug Baldwin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 03/18/17 7:03am

2elijah

avatar

midnightmover said:



2elijah said:


midnightmover said:

Obama's comment is the same as the other guy. Anyone who pretends there's a difference is being dishonest. Both of them are attacking the poor and defending exploitation.

What's disgusting about these corporate Dems is they turn their supporters into right wingers. We've just heard 2elijah repeating Obama's right wing talking point yet she thinks she's on the left.

Obama is a conman; a corporate shill with theatrical talents that he uses to dupe his unsuspecting supporters.



Jimmy Dore is right. This is why we have Trump. Democrats don't stand for anything.



I'm a democrat, get used to it, and no need to use my username, as your pawn and punching bag, to promote your bs, and hatred for Obama. The length some of you will go to use someone's name to promote your bs is ridiculous. Grow up. Budgeting has nothing to do with being a left winger or right winger, budgeting is using 'common sense', whether you're a democrat or republican. I refuse to blame anyone for my decision to budget. I don't try to live the life of the 'Joneses', if Im not on the economic level of the Joneses. My healthcare will come first, before taking the money to buy a new flat screen TV that I can't afford. If my economic situation changes, like if I'm unemployed or retiring, then of course, there will be changes to my lifestyle. In reality, most poor know about budgeting. They know what they can't afford. Fact is for me, my healthcare will come first. It is not uncommon knowledge that healthcare can be expensive. I've been working in the healthcare field for years, so I know it can be very expensive for many, and neither the left or right has come up with a decent plan, that would satisfy everyone. Everyone lives in a different, economic scale. Not everyone can obtain a higher education or afford to upgrade their technical skills/trade, when they lose their jobs, to help them improve their economic situation. If you only have $200 dollars in your pocket and you have to buy food, pay an electric bill, would you use the money to buy a flat screen tv or pay the bills, and find another way to obtain the funds or save up to get the TV you want, without jeopardizing having no food, and your electric turned off? . I am a democrat and proud of it. You don't have to be part of any political part to have common sense. If you think trump and his administration will make healthcare better, then you must be smoking too much weed. Put it down. [Edited 3/18/17 4:38am]

As you said yourself "most poor people know about budgeting", so all this talk about poor people learning to budget better so they can afford healthcare is bullshit. The paragraph in bold is a classic example of Obama/Hillary supporters effectively being right wingers whether they know it or not. It is right wingers who defend exploitation who like to blame the poor for their own difficulties. You are doing that here and you can't even see it.

Simply because this propaganda is coming out of the mouth of your beloved Obama you will mindlessly repeat it yet there's a whole thread on a Republican making the exact same argument where you are all criticizing him. This just shows you DNC loyalists have no principles. You simply repeat whatever mantra the DNC puts out there.

This is the reason why your party is failing. You stand for nothing. The DNC's approval ratings are in the toilet right now. Hillary's favorability ratings have fallen in the last few months despite Trump's incompetent leadership. As Bernie said this week the DNC's approach has proven to be a "complete failure". But you can't teach an old dog new tricks so I don't expect you to grow an independent mind, but I tell you, the younger generation is not swallowing the bullshit your leaders are selling.



Lmao, You don't seem very confident of your opinion. It seems if one doesn't agree with your point of view, then according to you, and based on your reaction, then they are 'all' wrong And can't think 'independently', yet many here give you their 'independent' opinion, such as I have. I've made my point on the topic, and if we don't agree, then that's fine. We can move on. Again, I'm not going back and forth with you on this any longer, but do try to enjoy your day. :smilie:
'America got Hoodwinked by Trump' popcorn coke
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 03/18/17 7:20am

midnightmover

Pokeno4Money said:

midnightmover said:

No one is saying reckless personal spending is a Republican/Democrat thing. What we're saying is the portrayal of poor people as architects of their own misfortune is a right wing thing. It's a way of deflecting attention away from systemic problems by shaming the poor for their supposed moral failings. Obama is using that right wing trope here. That's why you agree with him.

If you understood politics you would've noticed how the Democrats and the Republicans are both right wing parties. Obama's right wing rhetoric here is just another example of that.


Obviously nobody is saying all poor people are poor because of their own actions. What intelligent people such as Obama are saying is that many poor people are poor because of decisions they have willingly made. If you decide to drop out of school, or if you have five kids before the age of 22, or if you can't get/hold a job because you don't get along with people or have a criminal record, or if you simply choose to not earn a living, then yeah you likely brought your situation on yourself. I'm not surprised that you are so against accountability, since you yourself don't practice it.

As far as your definition of "rightwing", calling the Democratic party "rightwing" seems quite odd considering Democrats are typically considered "liberal" and Republicans are typically considered "conservative". But you like to be argumentative, so knock yourself out with your own personal definitions. wink

I'm well aware that Dems are meant to be left and Reps meant to be right, but anyone who looks at the facts knows that's a joke. Their worldview is identical in most cases. Only on the social issues are there any differences and even that is mostly rhetoric.

Attacking poor people is obviously one of your favourite things to do so I'm sure you enjoyed watching Obama do it too. Hopefully clips like that will make you realize that he is the opposite of the Marxist radical that you guys portrayed him as. He's a corporatist, just like most of the Democrat and Republican politicians. They're on the same side, laughing at fools like you who think they're so different. Trump was friends with Bill and Hillary for decades. Hillary gets on great with George Bush. It's a phony war that they're waging in public. Pull back the curtain, and look at the actual bills they pass and decisions they make and you will see there is plenty of bipartisan collaboration going on because they both serve the same interests.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 03/18/17 7:25am

purplepoppy

Same old same Saturday midnightmover schtick. Never changes. American politics are toys he plays with. No skin in the game, no need to do anything but bash all of us with his armchair opinions.

Peace is more than the absence of war.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 03/18/17 7:48am

midnightmover

purplepoppy said:

Same old same Saturday midnightmover schtick. Never changes. American politics are toys he plays with. No skin in the game, no need to do anything but bash all of us with his armchair opinions.

But what about the actual point? Do you agree with Obama's right-wing argument? Will you even admit that it's a right-wing argument?

And thank God I'm not American. You guys have got the worst healthcare system in the Western world. You must have no self respect to put up with the AWFUL deal you get. You pay twice as much as Brits do for a poorer service. You're being ripped off by big pharma, but you support the accomplices of big pharma like Obama and Cory Booker. You must have Stockholm Syndrome.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Jimmy Dore unmasks the hateful Barack Obama--yea, Obama.