independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 13th Nov 2018 11:44pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Any orgers have a "Curved" TV?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/18/18 3:37pm

dance4me3121

Any orgers have a "Curved" TV?

so i have been debating on getting a 55 inch curved tv for my bedroom.My bedroom is very small and when im watching tv in bed,im about 6 feet away from the screen.

I am just curious about to see if any of you have a curve tv and whats it like compared to the flat screens?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/18/18 5:00pm

lollipop2

dance4me3121 said:

so i have been debating on getting a 55 inch curved tv for my bedroom.My bedroom is very small and when im watching tv in bed,im about 6 feet away from the screen.

I am just curious about to see if any of you have a curve tv and whats it like compared to the flat screens?

check out the pros and cons for those type of televisions. If I remember correctly, try CNET.Com...or any other site...just type in pros and cons of curved tv....all that glitters isnt gold

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/18/18 10:41pm

kitbradley

avatar

I have a samsung 65" curved tv in my living room. Its pretty neat to have a screen thats not completely flat. Its really just for show. I have a samsung 55" flat in the bedroom. Dont really see any obvious improvement in picture quality. But if you can find one on the cheap made by a reliable company, then i say, what the hell, go ahead and cop it.
[Edited 5/18/18 22:43pm]
"It's not nice to fuck with K.B.! All you haters will see!" - Kitbradley
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/22/18 3:03pm

sexton

avatar

In my opinion, a 55" TV is too big to watch from 6' away. I have a 55" curved OLED 4K TV in my living room and I have to sit further away than that to take it all in.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/22/18 3:07pm

dance4me3121

sexton said:

In my opinion, a 55" TV is too big to watch from 6' away. I have a 55" curved OLED 4K TV in my living room and I have to sit further away than that to take it all in.

i currently have a 50 inch TV,I have no problem watching it.I like to feel like I am "In'' the movie

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/22/18 3:17pm

liljojo

kitbradley said:

I have a samsung 65" curved tv in my living room. Its pretty neat to have a screen thats not completely flat. Its really just for show. I have a samsung 55" flat in the bedroom. Dont really see any obvious improvement in picture quality. But if you can find one on the cheap made by a reliable company, then i say, what the hell, go ahead and cop it. [Edited 5/18/18 22:43pm]



I have the same 3D inch samsung TV with the surround sound bar. If you want I can make a video for you showing you the pros and cons. One of the cons is you will never really get to look at the TV from the completely but the pro to that is when you'll looking at the TV directly you can see all of the screen as you would in a movie theater.

Really that's it honestly, nothing much after that. As for the samsung brand I'm having trouble with apps not working instantly, tv lagging and freezing, apps upruptly shutting down, TV volume isn't the greatest, and not all apps like Sling TV are available. My Sony TV is much better.

Kit, do you have the same issues with your samsung TV?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/22/18 3:18pm

sexton

avatar

dance4me3121 said:

sexton said:

In my opinion, a 55" TV is too big to watch from 6' away. I have a 55" curved OLED 4K TV in my living room and I have to sit further away than that to take it all in.

i currently have a 50 inch TV,I have no problem watching it.I like to feel like I am "In'' the movie


Well, if you're going to sit that close then definitely get a 4K TV so the image still looks sharp--assuming your video source is also 4K quailty of course.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/22/18 3:29pm

dance4me3121

sexton said:

dance4me3121 said:

i currently have a 50 inch TV,I have no problem watching it.I like to feel like I am "In'' the movie


Well, if you're going to sit that close then definitely get a 4K TV so the image still looks sharp--assuming your video source is also 4K quailty of course.

my tv is 4k but i do not watch 4k quality videos.I will have to get me a 4k bluray player soon.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/23/18 10:17am

kitbradley

avatar

liljojo said:

kitbradley said:

I have a samsung 65" curved tv in my living room. Its pretty neat to have a screen thats not completely flat. Its really just for show. I have a samsung 55" flat in the bedroom. Dont really see any obvious improvement in picture quality. But if you can find one on the cheap made by a reliable company, then i say, what the hell, go ahead and cop it. [Edited 5/18/18 22:43pm]



I have the same 3D inch samsung TV with the surround sound bar. If you want I can make a video for you showing you the pros and cons. One of the cons is you will never really get to look at the TV from the completely but the pro to that is when you'll looking at the TV directly you can see all of the screen as you would in a movie theater.

Really that's it honestly, nothing much after that. As for the samsung brand I'm having trouble with apps not working instantly, tv lagging and freezing, apps upruptly shutting down, TV volume isn't the greatest, and not all apps like Sling TV are available. My Sony TV is much better.

Kit, do you have the same issues with your samsung TV?

Yes, I've been having the same issues with some of the apps at times not working or shutting down. I've barely had the TV for 6 months so I don't think I should be experiencing such issues but from the reviews I've read, we are not the only ones.

As far as the volume, its weird because when I'm watching network TV, the volume is super low. I always have to use my soundbar to get a decent sound. But, when I watch Youtube TV or amazon, the volume is fantastic wihtout the soundbar.

I looked at the Sony when I was deciding which TV to buy but I passed on it because I just wasn't sure about the quality. I couldn't find anyone who owns Sony TV's to ask. A lot of people seem to own Vizio TV's, probably because their inexpensive. I owned one Vizeo. As soon as my 2 year warranty was up, the bugger stopped working! mad

"It's not nice to fuck with K.B.! All you haters will see!" - Kitbradley
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/25/18 5:04pm

liljojo

kitbradley said:

liljojo said:



I have the same 3D inch samsung TV with the surround sound bar. If you want I can make a video for you showing you the pros and cons. One of the cons is you will never really get to look at the TV from the completely but the pro to that is when you'll looking at the TV directly you can see all of the screen as you would in a movie theater.

Really that's it honestly, nothing much after that. As for the samsung brand I'm having trouble with apps not working instantly, tv lagging and freezing, apps upruptly shutting down, TV volume isn't the greatest, and not all apps like Sling TV are available. My Sony TV is much better.

Kit, do you have the same issues with your samsung TV?

Yes, I've been having the same issues with some of the apps at times not working or shutting down. I've barely had the TV for 6 months so I don't think I should be experiencing such issues but from the reviews I've read, we are not the only ones.

As far as the volume, its weird because when I'm watching network TV, the volume is super low. I always have to use my soundbar to get a decent sound. But, when I watch Youtube TV or amazon, the volume is fantastic wihtout the soundbar.

I looked at the Sony when I was deciding which TV to buy but I passed on it because I just wasn't sure about the quality. I couldn't find anyone who owns Sony TV's to ask. A lot of people seem to own Vizio TV's, probably because their inexpensive. I owned one Vizeo. As soon as my 2 year warranty was up, the bugger stopped working! mad


My sony TV lasted for 5yrs and then boom it stopped working. Couldn't turn the TV screen back on. I gave it away to a tech guy for free with the 3D glasses and new batteries. If he fixed it it was his. I have gave my other sony TV to my mom and I will give this Samsung curved TV my brothers. I'm keeping the soundbar though lol . I'm thinking of getting a LG picture frame TV next. I've had the samsung curve since christmas of 2015. So I have the microphone simple small always falling on the floor remote that's like $70 to replace if you ever break it lol. I'm done with samsung though. Here's a list to go by though from my experience.

For picture quality and apps - Sony XBR (X-Bravia) HDR (High Dynamic Range) Android Smart TV

For Longevity - LG or Samsung

For cheap but decent - LG

Other than that the rest of the Televisions are equal.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/25/18 6:02pm

kitbradley

avatar

liljojo said:

kitbradley said:

Yes, I've been having the same issues with some of the apps at times not working or shutting down. I've barely had the TV for 6 months so I don't think I should be experiencing such issues but from the reviews I've read, we are not the only ones.

As far as the volume, its weird because when I'm watching network TV, the volume is super low. I always have to use my soundbar to get a decent sound. But, when I watch Youtube TV or amazon, the volume is fantastic wihtout the soundbar.

I looked at the Sony when I was deciding which TV to buy but I passed on it because I just wasn't sure about the quality. I couldn't find anyone who owns Sony TV's to ask. A lot of people seem to own Vizio TV's, probably because their inexpensive. I owned one Vizeo. As soon as my 2 year warranty was up, the bugger stopped working! mad


My sony TV lasted for 5yrs and then boom it stopped working. Couldn't turn the TV screen back on. I gave it away to a tech guy for free with the 3D glasses and new batteries. If he fixed it it was his. I have gave my other sony TV to my mom and I will give this Samsung curved TV my brothers. I'm keeping the soundbar though lol . I'm thinking of getting a LG picture frame TV next. I've had the samsung curve since christmas of 2015. So I have the microphone simple small always falling on the floor remote that's like $70 to replace if you ever break it lol. I'm done with samsung though. Here's a list to go by though from my experience.

For picture quality and apps - Sony XBR (X-Bravia) HDR (High Dynamic Range) Android Smart TV

For Longevity - LG or Samsung

For cheap but decent - LG

Other than that the rest of the Televisions are equal.

That's a damn shame. I remember the days when televisions cost a fraction of what they are now and they lasted 10-20 years. Now, we are paying up to $3000 for televsions that are lasting 5 years? eek

"It's not nice to fuck with K.B.! All you haters will see!" - Kitbradley
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/26/18 11:47pm

liljojo

kitbradley said:

That's a damn shame. I remember the days when televisions cost a fraction of what they are now and they lasted 10-20 years. Now, we are paying up to $3000 for televsions that are lasting 5 years? eek


Yes sir! My huge portable 45inch philips and zenith TV's still work too bad they are analog lol
Analog TV is still better than digital TV. No freezing or spotting tv unless you need a wire hanger in the back of the TV and 480p wasn't that bad of quality back then neither. To be honest after blu-ray 1080p SUHD I really don't see the 4k and 8K difference

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 06/02/18 10:08pm

PurpleJedi

avatar

kitbradley said:

liljojo said:


My sony TV lasted for 5yrs and then boom it stopped working. Couldn't turn the TV screen back on. I gave it away to a tech guy for free with the 3D glasses and new batteries. If he fixed it it was his. I have gave my other sony TV to my mom and I will give this Samsung curved TV my brothers. I'm keeping the soundbar though lol . I'm thinking of getting a LG picture frame TV next. I've had the samsung curve since christmas of 2015. So I have the microphone simple small always falling on the floor remote that's like $70 to replace if you ever break it lol. I'm done with samsung though. Here's a list to go by though from my experience.

For picture quality and apps - Sony XBR (X-Bravia) HDR (High Dynamic Range) Android Smart TV

For Longevity - LG or Samsung

For cheap but decent - LG

Other than that the rest of the Televisions are equal.

That's a damn shame. I remember the days when televisions cost a fraction of what they are now and they lasted 10-20 years. Now, we are paying up to $3000 for televsions that are lasting 5 years? eek

EVERYTHING has a 5-yr life span nowadays - microwaves, refrigerators, vacuums, automobiles ...and most marriages.

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 06/03/18 5:20am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

I got a 75" flat screen tv. I would rather get a larger tv and wire it to turn on and off and change channels through Alexa. I think it is how you watch tv. If you have a tv in living room but often glance at tv from another open adjacent room a curved tv makes sense but if you are always in front of tv it would be a waste. Curved makes sense if you watch tv and different angles. I do like my tv wired to turn on and off by Alexa - makes sense if you have a receiver and various connecting devices to command them with voice commands.

Trump turns from 'humbling' grief to midterm fire and furry
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 06/03/18 9:21am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

PurpleJedi said:

kitbradley said:

That's a damn shame. I remember the days when televisions cost a fraction of what they are now and they lasted 10-20 years. Now, we are paying up to $3000 for televsions that are lasting 5 years? eek

EVERYTHING has a 5-yr life span nowadays - microwaves, refrigerators, vacuums, automobiles ...and most marriages.

My microwave is 30 years old and still works. The vacuum cleaner is even older.

"If you're living, you've got nothing left to prove..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 06/04/18 7:37am

PurpleJedi

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

PurpleJedi said:

EVERYTHING has a 5-yr life span nowadays - microwaves, refrigerators, vacuums, automobiles ...and most marriages.

My microwave is 30 years old and still works. The vacuum cleaner is even older.


Don't let go of them!!!

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Any orgers have a "Curved" TV?