independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 20th May 2018 10:07pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > The Walking Dead discussion (continued)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 04/18/18 4:29pm

SoulAlive

I watched the FTWD premiere but I was bored with it.Looking forward to the 2nd episode,though.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 04/19/18 2:52am

DaveT

avatar

KoolEaze said:

DaveT said:

Well that was a bit ... underwhelming. Maybe it was because I've read the comics so I knew what was coming, but the final battle felt more like a minor skirmish than 'All Out War'.

The Eugene twist everyone had seen coming so was no surprise. The Rick saving Negan twist was as it was written in the comics so wasn't a surprise for fans. The only big surprise was that god awful scene with Maggie, Jesus and Daryl ... that might be the worst scene the show has ever done to date. It was so out of character for all three of them, it completely p*sses all over every episode to date that has built the relationship between Rick and the three of them.

I finally get why JDM has been growing that huge beard though ... the time jump will happen and it'll start with him in prison with a beard and long hair like he has in the comic.

Also it looks like the Whisperers have been revealed. They fence off their territory and hang around in a massive herd. When Rick and the group stood on top of that hill and looked out, you could see the herd and a fence/boundary line across the field just like the ones the Whisperers use.

I think the next season will jump ahead and it'll take a lot of episodes to fill in the blanks of what's happened over the last two or three years. Whatever Maggie is gonna pull she will have done it by then (no way she'll wait years to try something) so it'll start with the relationship between Maggie, Daryl, and Rick on a downer and we'll find out why in flashback ... then whatever crisis happens next will eventually bring them back together.

I don´t like the idea of Daryl and Maggie plotting against Rick either. I mean, what are they going to do? Kill Rick ? That would be a terrible direction for the show after all that they´ve been through.

.

And ......Jesus wants Morgan to be peaceful again and wants him to stop killing people, yet he´s plotting against Rick with Maggie? To kill him? That doesn´t make much sense.

.

That scene with the Whisperers....thanks for telling me what that scene showed. Seriously, I couldn´t see anything, it just looked like a forest or bushes to me. So that was a huge walker herd?

I think this is the second time I recognize something thanks to you. Watching the show on my laptop is not as good as watching it on a big screen TV. I should connect my laptop to my big TV screen the next time.

lol


No probs dude ... movies and television shows are my thing so I'm lucky enough to have a 55" TV in the living room. All my other hobbies are cheap or free so gotta spend that little bit of spare bread on something! biggrin

On the Daryl & Maggie vs Rick thing, Norman Reedus has come out on Twitter today to respond to the backlash and said there's no way he's turning on his brother. So it looks like that scene wasn't meant to be taken as a complete betrayal, If that's the case I blame the writer and director as that scene totally came across like a full on double-cross.

I'm surprised the actors didn't say any thing when they were shooting ... or maybe they did and were shot down. AMC keep their TWD actors on very short leahes, you never hear of anyone saying anything remotely negative about the show. That's my one issue with The Talking Dead, its too much of a kiss-ass show and they never talk about the stuff the show does wrong.

www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk - The internet's best movie site!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 04/19/18 6:57am

KoolEaze

avatar

SoulAlive said:

I watched the FTWD premiere but I was bored with it.Looking forward to the 2nd episode,though.

I didn´t find it boring at all but I think it could´ve been a bit longer. We didn´t really get to see the FTWD crew except for the last few minutes.

But I see your point...the episode wasn´t exactly interesting as far as the story goes but I found the fight scenes pretty good.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 04/19/18 6:59am

KoolEaze

avatar

DaveT said:

KoolEaze said:

I don´t like the idea of Daryl and Maggie plotting against Rick either. I mean, what are they going to do? Kill Rick ? That would be a terrible direction for the show after all that they´ve been through.

.

And ......Jesus wants Morgan to be peaceful again and wants him to stop killing people, yet he´s plotting against Rick with Maggie? To kill him? That doesn´t make much sense.

.

That scene with the Whisperers....thanks for telling me what that scene showed. Seriously, I couldn´t see anything, it just looked like a forest or bushes to me. So that was a huge walker herd?

I think this is the second time I recognize something thanks to you. Watching the show on my laptop is not as good as watching it on a big screen TV. I should connect my laptop to my big TV screen the next time.

lol


No probs dude ... movies and television shows are my thing so I'm lucky enough to have a 55" TV in the living room. All my other hobbies are cheap or free so gotta spend that little bit of spare bread on something! biggrin

On the Daryl & Maggie vs Rick thing, Norman Reedus has come out on Twitter today to respond to the backlash and said there's no way he's turning on his brother. So it looks like that scene wasn't meant to be taken as a complete betrayal, If that's the case I blame the writer and director as that scene totally came across like a full on double-cross.

I'm surprised the actors didn't say any thing when they were shooting ... or maybe they did and were shot down. AMC keep their TWD actors on very short leahes, you never hear of anyone saying anything remotely negative about the show. That's my one issue with The Talking Dead, its too much of a kiss-ass show and they never talk about the stuff the show does wrong.

I managed to watch FTWD on a very big screen. wink

Should´ve connected my laptop to my big ass TV while watching. I really miss out on a lot when I watch on my laptop.

It´s interesting that Norman Reedus would say that. I mean, that scene clearly looked like a betrayal in the making to me. And a bad one to boot.

Good to know that that´s not the case.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 04/20/18 6:14am

kitbradley

avatar

I actually jumped out of my seat and applauded when Rick slashed Negan's throat!!! lol But, then, collasped in disbelief when Rick told them to save Negan. eek So that means his character will be back next season. I know they are supposed to have him jailed or whatever but Negan is not that weak and stupid. I'm sure he will escape.

"It's not nice to fuck with K.B.! All you haters will see!" - Kitbradley
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 04/21/18 9:42am

DaveT

avatar

kitbradley said:

I actually jumped out of my seat and applauded when Rick slashed Negan's throat!!! lol But, then, collasped in disbelief when Rick told them to save Negan. eek So that means his character will be back next season. I know they are supposed to have him jailed or whatever but Negan is not that weak and stupid. I'm sure he will escape.


Well, if it follows the comics it'll be a bit more interesting that that ... smile

www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk - The internet's best movie site!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 04/21/18 9:49pm

214

DaveT said:

kitbradley said:

I actually jumped out of my seat and applauded when Rick slashed Negan's throat!!! lol But, then, collasped in disbelief when Rick told them to save Negan. eek So that means his character will be back next season. I know they are supposed to have him jailed or whatever but Negan is not that weak and stupid. I'm sure he will escape.


Well, if it follows the comics it'll be a bit more interesting that that ... smile

Tell us please.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 04/23/18 1:54am

DaveT

avatar

214 said:

DaveT said:


Well, if it follows the comics it'll be a bit more interesting that that ... smile

Tell us please.


SPOILERS
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

In the comics Dwight takes over as the leader of the Saviours. After couple of years in prison Negan realises even if he gets out he hasn't got anywhere left to go, not without travelling a long distance. He therefore tries to convince Rick he's no longer a threat.

Someone in advertently leaves his cell open one day when they bring Negan food. Of course you assume he's going to escape but he just stays put in his cell. Rick finds him and can't work out why he hasn't escaped, but assumes its part of some bigger plan he has.

Rick locks the cell again and that's where Negan stays until there's an attack on Alexandria by the Whisperers. Rick gets stuck and has no choice but to let Negan out to help him (he now walks with a cane after Negan broke his leg previously ... and is missing a hand). That's the start of Negan joining the group proper, though there's obviously quite a bit of opposition to it, particularly from Maggie.

www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk - The internet's best movie site!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 04/23/18 1:55pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

I'm liking FTWD so far this season. I haven't been a fan of the spin-off's first 3 seasons, I just don't care about any of the characters. I'm liking Morgan and the new cast members, Grace, Elfman, Dillahunt, the traitor kid and the new bad guy. This season might be pretty good.

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 04/23/18 2:52pm

214

DaveT said:

214 said:

Tell us please.


SPOILERS
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

In the comics Dwight takes over as the leader of the Saviours. After couple of years in prison Negan realises even if he gets out he hasn't got anywhere left to go, not without travelling a long distance. He therefore tries to convince Rick he's no longer a threat.

Someone in advertently leaves his cell open one day when they bring Negan food. Of course you assume he's going to escape but he just stays put in his cell. Rick finds him and can't work out why he hasn't escaped, but assumes its part of some bigger plan he has.

Rick locks the cell again and that's where Negan stays until there's an attack on Alexandria by the Whisperers. Rick gets stuck and has no choice but to let Negan out to help him (he now walks with a cane after Negan broke his leg previously ... and is missing a hand). That's the start of Negan joining the group proper, though there's obviously quite a bit of opposition to it, particularly from Maggie.

What else, tell me the whole story dad.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 04/25/18 1:36am

SoulAlive

the second episode of FTWD was really good.......but,it seems like they're already setting the characters up for a war with the bad guys.Sound familiar? biggrin

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 04/25/18 8:12am

kitbradley

avatar

I have only had a chance the view the first episode of FTWD thus far but I was very impressed with how the handled Morgan crossing over into the show. I wasn't sure how that was going to work out but it was smooth. Really great episode. I haven't really cared about the show in previous seasons. No connectiion the the characters. I always find myself rooting for the zombies when I watch FTWD. lol Maybe, I will feel differently this season.

"It's not nice to fuck with K.B.! All you haters will see!" - Kitbradley
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 04/25/18 2:35pm

SoulAlive

kitbradley said:

I have only had a chance the view the first episode of FTWD thus far but I was very impressed with how the handled Morgan crossing over into the show. I wasn't sure how that was going to work out but it was smooth. Really great episode. I haven't really cared about the show in previous seasons. No connectiion the the characters. I always find myself rooting for the zombies when I watch FTWD. lol Maybe, I will feel differently this season.

I watched it from the beginning.It took awhile for this show to click.Seasons 1 and 2 weren't that great but I think they got alot better in season 3.That season was excellent.Looking forward to seeing how this season plays out.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #103 posted 04/27/18 7:04am

KoolEaze

avatar

I really liked episode two of season four but it gets a bit repetitive....those number guys remind me too much of the Saviors or the Wolves.

That scene where they showed up in front of the camp (or rather stadium) reminded me so much of Mad Max 2 (The Road Warrior) . I wonder if the directors did that on purpose?

Very reminiscent of the scene where Humungus and Wez and all them show up and demand the oil rig people to just leave and leave the place to them and nobody´s going to get hurt.

FTWD is getting better and better.

Then again, I´ve always liked it from the getgo, even the much disliked first two seasons. Really good show with interesting characters like Victor Strand and Daniel.

The rest is a bit meh, but at least there´s a nice change of setting and locations.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #104 posted 04/29/18 8:05pm

SoulAlive

speaking of FTWD,what the hell is going on??!! eek eek on tonight's episode,a major character was killed....I think? nuts the show is confusing to me!! They keep going back and forth between "then" and "now" and it's driving me nuts! Anyone understand what they're doing?

....

[Edited 4/29/18 20:05pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #105 posted 05/05/18 6:16am

KoolEaze

avatar

SoulAlive said:

speaking of FTWD,what the hell is going on??!! eek eek on tonight's episode,a major character was killed....I think? nuts the show is confusing to me!! They keep going back and forth between "then" and "now" and it's driving me nuts! Anyone understand what they're doing?

....

[Edited 4/29/18 20:05pm]

Those timejumps drove me crazy, too. Glad I´m not the only one. lol

And I was shocked to see them kill off THAT person.

Actually I still don´t believe he´s really dead until I see the next episode. Maybe they are going to save that person....somehow? I really hope so because without that person there´ll be something missing on that show.

Also....the way they kill off characters in FTWD seems a bit different than on TWD to me. They die in more unexpected ways and it takes some time to let it sink in.

For example Travis. It took me a while to digest that he´s really dead because he fell out of that helicopter and was shot before he fell out but we never saw his dead body or him as walker and I really thought and hoped that he´d make a comeback. But he didn´t.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #106 posted 05/10/18 2:00pm

SoulAlive

KoolEaze said:

SoulAlive said:

speaking of FTWD,what the hell is going on??!! eek eek on tonight's episode,a major character was killed....I think? nuts the show is confusing to me!! They keep going back and forth between "then" and "now" and it's driving me nuts! Anyone understand what they're doing?

Those timejumps drove me crazy, too. Glad I´m not the only one. lol

And I was shocked to see them kill off THAT person.

Actually I still don´t believe he´s really dead until I see the next episode. Maybe they are going to save that person....somehow? I really hope so because without that person there´ll be something missing on that show.

Also....the way they kill off characters in FTWD seems a bit different than on TWD to me. They die in more unexpected ways and it takes some time to let it sink in.

For example Travis. It took me a while to digest that he´s really dead because he fell out of that helicopter and was shot before he fell out but we never saw his dead body or him as walker and I really thought and hoped that he´d make a comeback. But he didn´t.

Some fans also believe that Madison is dead too,since we only see her in the flashback scenes at the baseball stadium eek I wish that this show would stop being so damn confusing,lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #107 posted 05/11/18 3:34am

KoolEaze

avatar

SoulAlive said:

KoolEaze said:

Those timejumps drove me crazy, too. Glad I´m not the only one. lol

And I was shocked to see them kill off THAT person.

Actually I still don´t believe he´s really dead until I see the next episode. Maybe they are going to save that person....somehow? I really hope so because without that person there´ll be something missing on that show.

Also....the way they kill off characters in FTWD seems a bit different than on TWD to me. They die in more unexpected ways and it takes some time to let it sink in.

For example Travis. It took me a while to digest that he´s really dead because he fell out of that helicopter and was shot before he fell out but we never saw his dead body or him as walker and I really thought and hoped that he´d make a comeback. But he didn´t.

Some fans also believe that Madison is dead too,since we only see her in the flashback scenes at the baseball stadium eek I wish that this show would stop being so damn confusing,lol

They should´ve killed her off instead of that OTHER person. lol

That other person was so much more interesting and unpredictable and special.

Madison bores me. No charisma at all.

Those timejumps are getting a bit confusing. I want a linear story . lol lol

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > The Walking Dead discussion (continued)